B. Macdonald Frawley Warnock

HB Bruce Garland Rivers

C.Morton Grimes Scully

HF.Green Bate Petterd

F. Davey Watts Jurrah

R. Jamar Sylvia Moloney

Int :Miller - Jones - Trengove - McDonald

Emg : Martin - Blease - Strauss - Spencer

he's finished 7th and 4th in the last 2 BnFs because more often than not he does a good job on the gorillas.. Frawley is really the only other one on the list who can do that job and most sides have a couple of big blokes to be minded. Knockknock would be picked every single week if fit

He's done a good job of damage control in an average team and has been rewarded by the B+F voting. Brisbane and StKilda are the only team with 2 BIG forwards, most others have one bigger guy and one more athletic guy. Such as Hawthorn with Roughy and Buddy.

I'd like to see Frawley take on the role as number 1 big defender. When you do that we surely can't have all of Warnock, Rivers and Garland in the same side. I like Rivers as a natural CHB and think he's defending ability is often understated (and his zoning ability often overstated but that is another topic). Then I'd prefer Garland as the 3rd tall.

There are two ways to look at our best 22, one is short term and the other is what is our best 22 that will take the club forward, IMO that is the team we need to get on the park. With that in mind I would love to see games where we line up like

MacDonald Frawley Garland

Strauss Rivers Morton

Davey Moloney Trengove

Green Bate Sylvia

Jurrah Watts Aussie

Jamar Grimes Jones

Scully Martin Bruce McDonald

You need to include McDonald he is the captain but to me that team looks well balanced, but you could have any off Maric, Bennell, Cheney, Jetta, Blease, Tapscott, Gysbert, Spencer, Petterd, Miller, Warnock to that team.

There are two ways to look at our best 22, one is short term and the other is what is our best 22 that will take the club forward, IMO that is the team we need to get on the park. With that in mind I would love to see games where we line up like

MacDonald Frawley Garland

Strauss Rivers Morton

Davey Moloney Trengove

Green Bate Sylvia

Jurrah Watts Aussie

Jamar Grimes Jones

Scully Martin Bruce McDonald

You need to include McDonald he is the captain but to me that team looks well balanced, but you could have any off Maric, Bennell, Cheney, Jetta, Blease, Tapscott, Gysbert, Spencer, Petterd, Miller, Warnock to that team.

Not a bad lineup, though I wonder if Rivers has the body to play CHB? Would see him as a flanker with Frawley at CHB and Warnock at FB. And, I reckon from looking at him play at school and VFL level J Watts will be a very quick and slippery CHF.

Now my question is this - where does Jordie McKenzie fit into the picture?

On Saturday IMHO he played very well and certainly deserves to be elevated off the rookie list!

And the coaching staff must think highly of him, they gave him Yze's old number!

McKenzie fits in when McDonald retires, perfect replacement for him in 2011.

And Junior came off the rookie list as well. Good fit, good story!

But, we may see young McKenzie get a game or three this year (I hope)!

I've been a fan of Jamar for a while now. He is such a great tap ruckman. Not great skill wise, but gets the job done in the ruck. He is a real, old-fashioned ruckman. Going back a year or so, everyone jumped on my back when I said he was needed in the team.

Then again, it's not like we've got anyone better.

Why is everyone putting martin in?

The guy isnt a footballer, he is an athlete yes! but not a footballer..

He missed a shocking goal on the weekend and really cant kick..

Id have jetta in the ruck rather then him.. at least he can do something

things sure change quikly around here, a couple of months ago Martin couldn't do a thing wrong. :huh:

Whats the difference between 2009 Martin and 2010 Martin ? :unsure:

My Best 22:

B. MacDonald Frawley Cheney

HB. Rivers Martin Grimes

C. Davey Moloney Green

HF. Bruce Miller Bate

F. Petterd Jurrah Wonaeamirri

R. Jamar Sylvia Jones

IC. Warnock Dunn Scully Trengove

Second Half 2010

Rivers(A) Warnock(B+) Bennell(BEE)

Strauss Frawley(A) Garland(A)

Morton(A) Grimes(A) Blease

Sylvia(A) Bate(BEE) Watts

Jurrah(B+) Green(B+) Petterd(B+)

Jamar(BEE) Jones(B+) Scully(A)

Trengove(A) McDonald(BEE) Martin(B-) Bruce(B+)

Jetta(B-) Wonaeamirri(B-) Tapscott, Maric(BEE) Moloney(B+)

BEE represents the second letter in the alphabet which represents the Demon Icon, hence I have written BEE

You'd expect those unrated players to be B+ or A

Quite possible that over the next 3 - 4 years the likes of Scully, Trengove, Watts, Jurrah, Grimes, Morton, possibly Blease, Frawley, Garland and Bate will all end up AA standard

If these team can get on the park and stay on the park expect a big finish to the year.

S**t, the Fire may really have started.

Don't rate MacDonald - Brisbane reject for a reason.

Dunn I hold hopes for but the writing is appearing on the wall.

We need one or two of our young rucks to take a few steps forward but that will take 2 - 3 years

Bruce can easily play like an A grader as can Green so that would certainly be a huge bonus

Edited by Roost It

Based on a few glimpses of what our players are capable of.

Here is my best 22 list, with a view of playing young guns to get more games into them.

B Cheney Warnock Frawley

HB Rivers Garland MacDonald

C Bruce Moloney Morton

HF Davey Bate Green

F Sylvia Watts Jurrah

FOL Jamar Jones Grimes

After last weekend, and the weekend before, there is no way known i would have Jones in my best 22. Just get cought far too often.

INT Petterd McDonald Trengove Strauss

Emg Johnson Scully Wonaeamirri

wow. it's hard to fit everyone you want in

he's finished 7th and 4th in the last 2 BnFs because more often than not he does a good job on the gorillas.. Frawley is really the only other one on the list who can do that job and most sides have a couple of big blokes to be minded. Knockknock would be picked every single week if fit

I have to disagree C&B! He has finished 7th and 4th in the B&F in 2 very ordinary teams where 2 or maybe 3 blokes from each of those sides have been far and away better than everyone else (i.e Davey and Moloney last year and Bruce, McLean and possibly Green in 2008). He was also playing in a position where he had a chance to get the pill for long periods during games.

B Bruce Warnock Garland

HB Frawley Rivers Macdonald

C Morton Grimes Green

HF Watts Jurrah Wona

F Petterd Bate Trengove

R Jamar Sylvia Davey

I/C Moloney Scully McDonald Jones

Em Martin Maric Cheney

Couldnt fit in Bennell,Dunn,Jetta even though i wanted to.

My Round 1 team: -

Backs Warnock Frawley Bennell

H-Backs MacDonald Rivers McDonald

Centre Trengove Moloney Scully

H-Fwds Davey Bate Green

Fwds Petterd Miller Jurrah

Foll Jamar Sylvia Grimes

Int Martin Strauss Jones Bruce

Emerg Cheney Watts Jetta

Fast forward to 2014 (crystal ball gazing) :

B: Strauss Frawley Bennell

HB: Morton Garland Trengove

C: Blease Scully Gysberts

HF TapscottWatts Sylvia

F: Petterd Jurrah Green

Foll: Jamar Grimes Davey

Int: Bate Jetta McKenzie Fitzpatrick

Emerg: McNamara Gawn Maric

* This side does not take into account draft picks/trades b/w 2010-2013.

Fast forward to 2014 (crystal ball gazing) :

B: Strauss Frawley Bennell

HB: Morton Garland Trengove

C: Blease Scully Gysberts

HF TapscottWatts Sylvia

F: Petterd Jurrah Green

Foll: Jamar Grimes Davey

Int: Bate Jetta McKenzie Fitzpatrick

Emerg: McNamara Gawn Maric

* This side does not take into account draft picks/trades b/w 2010-2013.

Thats a pretty poor team really, well in the spots you have put them. I think when we are REALLY pushing for finals it will look at lot like this: (WITHOUT TRADES AND DRAFT PICKS)

B: Garland Frawley Strauss

HB: Grimes Martin Gysberts

C: Davey Trengove Morton

HF: Tapscott Watts Sylvia

FF: Jurrah Bate Wonaeamirri

FOLL: Gawn Moloney Scully

I/C: Jamar, Jones, Blease, Green

EMG: Bennell, McKenzie, Spencer, Petterd

***The sticking point in Martin at CHB but I think with time if they stop playing around with him he could be huge for us down back. Has great closing pace and a good spoil. I know he can't kick properly but he is surrounded by great kicks.

Edited by Clanger King

Thats a pretty poor team really, well in the spots you have put them. I think when we are REALLY pushing for finals it will look at lot like this: (WITHOUT TRADES AND DRAFT PICKS)

B: Garland Frawley Strauss

HB: Grimes Martin Gysberts

C: Davey Trengove Morton

HF: Tapscott Watts Sylvia

FF: Jurrah Bate Wonaeamirri

FOLL: Gawn Moloney Scully

I/C: Jamar, Jones, Blease, Green

EMG: Bennell, McKenzie, Spencer, Petterd

Jamar will be 31 in 2014. Too old I reckon, so I'd have Spencer instead.

I also doubt Bate is good enough to play FF.

Our best 22 according to AFL.com's Matt Burgan:

BEST 22

B: Jamie Bennell, James Frawley, Jared Rivers

HB: Joel Macdonald, Matthew Warnock, Jack Grimes

C: Cale Morton, Brent Moloney, Aaron Davey

HF: Brad Green, Brad Miller, Colin Sylvia

F: Austin Wonaeamirri, Matthew Bate, Liam Jurrah

Foll: Mark Jamar, Cameron Bruce, James McDonald

I/C: Jack Trengove, Tom Scully, Nathan Jones, Stef Martin

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/90295/default.aspx

BEST 22

B: Joel MacDonald, James Frawley, Jared Rivers

HB: Colin Garland, Matthew Warnock, Jack Grimes

C: Cale Morton, Brent Moloney, Aaron Davey

HF: Matthew Bate, Paul Johnson, Colin Sylvia

F: Austin Wonaeamirri, Brad Green, Liam Jurrah

Foll: Mark Jamar, Cameron Bruce, James McDonald

I/C: Jack Trengove, Tom Scully, Nathan Jones, Jack Watts

I'd be happy if i saw this team line-up, some time this year.

Jamar will be 31 in 2014. Too old I reckon, so I'd have Spencer instead.

Too old ? 31 ?

The way he has come on of late, I would imagine he would be just about be in his prime at 31 as a ruckman, who could also spend some time down forward if need be.