Austin Wonaeamirri

jayceebee31

Good news. I missed waching him this season. Can't wait to see him and Jurrah in the same foward line next year. He went to the brownlow because Aaron Davey took him.

WE ALL HOPE HE IS INVITED ON HIS OWN ACCORD NEXT YEAR- ONE OF THE FAVOURITES TO WIN IT(CHARLIE)

very much an overrated player at this stage in his career

good to see him back on the track tho

Agreed. The blokes has played two decent games and we're talking about brownlows?

But by all means, good to hear he's back on the track. He certainly has potential.

If he gets fit and plays regular games along with Jurrah and Davey that would equal some pretty awesome delivery by foot in our front half of the ground.

Wona looked awesome in the intra-club game at Casey at the start of the year, he was set for a huge year

Bring on 2010!

Agree. He had lost weight and looked very fit. He played on ball and had a fair bit of it and I was getting excited and then injured. Think he would do well playing at the feet of LJ with short stints on the ball.

Agreed. The blokes has played two decent games and we're talking about brownlows?

But by all means, good to hear he's back on the track. He certainly has potential.

If he gets fit and plays regular games along with Jurrah and Davey that would equal some pretty awesome delivery by foot in our front half of the ground.

18 games as an elevated rookie (without a pre-season iirc) for 24.4. Only Robertson and Bate kicked more this year.

He did fall away towards the end of last year, and he'll get more attention next year. Still.. 2 decent games?

The thing that stuck in my mind was how all the players were talking up Wonna and Grimes all preseason. Grimes turned out to be right on the money, which doesn't garuantee Wonna would do the same but it is interesting. I will be paying careful attention to the same reports over this off season.

Guest melbman
Agree. He had lost weight and looked very fit. He played on ball and had a fair bit of it and I was getting excited and then injured. Think he would do well playing at the feet of LJ with short stints on the ball.

I gave him the honors over Davey for that game, he seemed to be everywhere

In 2008 I have to be honest and say I saw a very limited amount of Melbourne matches (too many Sunday games, the same day I worked every week, and to be honest, the money was more desirable than to see us get smashed each week). This year was different as I don't do Sunday shifts anymore and enjoyed seeing our kids running around this year! :) What I'm getting at is that I have not seen much of Wonna at all; only highlights of his breakout match against Fremantle last year. How do people see him as part of our future? How good was his first year overall? Should we expect him to be a permanent part of our team?

Sorry if I'm sounding really stupid here, but it's hard for me to make an assessment of our good he is and how he fits in the side without having much knowledge of him.

oh....times 100 ;)

I can feel a bit of mercurial chemistry in the making there... those that understand synergy will be salivating :)

The thing about Wona is that whilst he isn't particularly skillful (nice short pass), quick (handy but not lightning), tough or strong, he's a very good footballer. Reads the game faster than most, and takes the right option most times. The number of goals he was able to kick in a poor side highlights this. Next year I expect some very exciting moments from him!

Yep, this guy is going to be vital to us as a small-forward next year. Him crumbing off of Jurrah (Jurrah crumbs his own crumbs, but still) and Watts developing, and Bate off of a flank, and guys like Petterd, Maric, Blease/Strauss?, and Morton, Sylvia and Davey rotating through the flanks, plus possibly pick 11/18 etc., [oops, forgot Jetta as well!] the forward set-up could begin to take some lethal shape.

Edited by Adelaide Demon

18 games as an elevated rookie (without a pre-season iirc) for 24.4. Only Robertson and Bate kicked more this year.

He did fall away towards the end of last year, and he'll get more attention next year. Still.. 2 decent games?

Yep, eight of those goals were kicked in two games.

In the other games he was a bit player. Check his possession stats.

I'm not knocking him, I think he shows potential, and was looking great this pre-season, but people get carried away.

An unproven talent atm imo.

The thing about Wona is that whilst he isn't particularly skillful (nice short pass), quick (handy but not lightning), tough or strong, he's a very good footballer. Reads the game faster than most, and takes the right option most times. The number of goals he was able to kick in a poor side highlights this. Next year I expect some very exciting moments from him!

Disagree. From what I saw/can remember of last year, he is a good kick. 24 goals 4 behinds shows that. I also remember him spotting up leading forwards with good kicks too.

He's also pretty strong for someone his size, and loves tackling.

Disagree. From what I saw/can remember of last year, he is a good kick. 24 goals 4 behinds shows that. I also remember him spotting up leading forwards with good kicks too.

He's also pretty strong for someone his size, and loves tackling.

agree- great to see him sign a two year contract.

Yep, eight of those goals were kicked in two games.

In the other games he was a bit player. Check his possession stats.

I'm not knocking him, I think he shows potential, and was looking great this pre-season, but people get carried away.

An unproven talent atm imo.

Yes he is still unproven.

But, what a great year it was from a rookie.

At the start of 2009 he had reduced his weight and was ready to play stints in the midfield and then sit at the feet of Jurrah/Watts in the forward line.

Bring on an injury-free Wona in 2010!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

TRAINING: Tuesday 28th May 2024

Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin returned to the training track to bring you the following observations from Gosch's Paddock this morning. Beautiful morning for training. The dew has dried, out from AAMI, quiet chatting. Maysie does his heart symbol. 7 in rehab, Turner, Hore, Sestan, BBB, Petty, Spargo and Schache. All in runners. Melky weighted and change of angles work. Salem has his individual program. White cap (no contact), Howes, Woewodin and Sparrow

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

GALLANT by KC from Casey

The world “gallant” is not one that is readily acceptable to losing teams in our game of football so when it was used in the context of the Casey Demons’ loss to Sandringham in yesterday’s match at Casey Fields, it left a bitter taste in the mouth.  The Demons went into the game against the St Kilda affiliated Zebras with the advantage of playing on their home turf (not that this has been a major asset in 2024) and with very little else going in their favour. The Saints have close to a full

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

MEANWHILE by Whispering Jack

… meanwhile, at about the same time that Narrm was putting its feet on the accelerator to obliterate the long-suffering Euro-Yroke combination, I heard someone mention in passing that Kuwarna was leading Waalitj Marawar by a whopping 46 to 1 halfway through the second quarter of their game over in Adelaide. “What is football coming to?” I asked myself.  In front of my eyes, the Demons were smashing it through the midfield, forcing turnovers and getting the footy to their forwards who w

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons head back on the road for the fourth time this season as the travel to Alice Springs to take on the Fremantle Dockers at Treager Park on Sunday afternoon. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 124

PODCAST: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 27th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Saints in the Round 11. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 28

VOTES: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Saints. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 54

POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

After a very wasteful first half of footy the Demons ended up cruising to a clinical victory over the Saints by 38 points at the MCG and ultimately reclaimed a coveted spot in the Top 4.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 392

GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

It's Game Day and after 2 losses on the trot the Dees must win against the Saints today at the MCG to keep in touch with the Top 4. A loss today will see them drop out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 503

HEAVEN OR HELL by The Oracle

Clashes between Melbourne and St Kilda are often described as battles between the forces of heaven and hell. However, based on recent performances, it’s hard to get excited about the forthcoming match between these two sides. It would be fair to say that, at the moment, both of these teams are in the doldrums. The Demons have become the competition’s slow starters while the Saints are not only slow to begin, they’re not doing much of a job finishing off their games either. About the only th

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!
  • Podcast 

• Podcast 

• Podcast Stream 

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  

• 2021 Premiership  

• Social Media 

• Non MFC Games  

NON-MFC: Round 12

Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 12 ... READ MORE

Demonland | Round 12

• Training  

Tuesday, 28th May 2024

Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin returned to the training track to bring you the following observations from Gosch's Paddock this morning ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 28

• Casey Report      

GALLANT by KC from Casey

The world “gallant” is not one that is readily acceptable to losing teams in our game of football so when it was used in the context of the Casey Demons’ loss to Sandringham in yesterday’s match at Casey Fields, it left a bitter taste in the mouth ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 28

• Latest Podcast      

PODCAST: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

The boys dissected the clinical victory over the Saints lauding the Masterclass of Max Gawn & praising our defence ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 28

• Match Report      

MEANWHILE by Whispering Jack

... meanwhile, at about the same time that Narrm was putting its feet on the accelerator to obliterate the long-suffering Euro-Yroke combination, I heard someone mention in passing that Kuwarna was leading Waalitj Marawar by a whopping 46 to 1 halfway through the second quarter of their game over in Adelaide ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 27

• PreGame      

PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons head back on the road to Alice Springs to take on the Fremantle Dockers at Treager Park on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 28

• Post Game      

POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

After a wasteful first half the Demons cruised to a clinical victory over the Saints by 38 points at the MCG and reclaimed a coveted spot in the Top 4 ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 26

• Votes      

VOTES: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Saints. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 26

• Game Day      

GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

It's Game Day and after 2 losses on the trot the Dees must win against the Saints today at the MCG to keep in touch with the Top 4. A loss today will see them drop out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020 ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 26

• Match Preview      

HEAVEN OR HELL by The Oracle

Clashes between Melbourne and St Kilda are often described as battles between the forces of heaven and hell. However, based on recent performances, it’s hard to get excited about the forthcoming match between these two sides ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 23

• Player Interview  

PODCAST: Kade Chandler Interview

I interview Kade Chandler about his road from being overlooked in the draft to his rookie listing to his apprenticeship as a sub to VFL premiership player to his breakout 2023 season to mainstay in the Forward line and much more ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 01

• Next Match 

Round 12

vs   

Sunday 2nd June 2024
    @ 01:00pm (TP)

• MFC Forum  

• Match Previews & Reports  

• Training Forum  

• AFLW Forum  

• 2024 Player Sponsorship

• Injury List