OUR COMMUNICATION NETWORK.

jayceebee31

I have one major beef currently with the MFC -that is how it is currently letting us know vital information. We have been asked to contribute all year to different things ,lastly the debt demolition fund- and for weeks now it has sat on $827,924,we do not know if this is the final total or what.Many of us have contacted them directly without a reply or any notification.Secondly, I am peeved in the way we are treated by our own website at MFC.I feel that they could update us on major points such as injury updates- How is Blease going, Garland, Wonaeamirri etc..

Again, it is my opinion, we members do not ask the club for much. However we are stakeholders in this club and deserve at least the right to be and kept informed. What do you think? & What can be done about it ?

Maybe we need to get a petition going or something like that ar get Whispering Jack to write to them or Andrew but try to put a collective voice to this issue. Your thoughts please?

They ask us to come up with directions, ideas etc.. we do and send them in and do not get the courtesy of a reply sometimes.

Also,I'd like to get an update on the Youth Summitt and what happened or happening after that.

Edited by jayceebee31

I have one major beef currently with the MFC -that is how it is currently letting us know vital information. We have been asked to contribute all year to different things ,lastly the debt demolition fund- and for weeks now it has sat on $827,924,we do not know if this is the final total or what.Many of us have contacted them directly without a reply or any notification.Secondly, I am peeved in the way we are treated by our own website at MFC.I feel that they could update us on major points such as injury updates- How is Blease going, Garland, Wonaeamirri etc..

Again, it is my opinion, we members do not ask the club for much. However we are stakeholders in this club and deserve at least the right to be and kept informed. What do you think? & What can be done about it ?

Maybe we need to get a petition going or something like that ar get Whispering Jack to write to them or Andrew but try to put a collective voice to this issue. Your thoughts please?

They ask us to come up with directions, ideas etc.. we do and send them in and do not get the courtesy of a reply sometimes.

Also,I'd like to get an update on the Youth Summitt and what happened or happening after that.

Club CEO Cameron Schwab said at the Summit (the general one) last year that he was always receptive to ideas from supporters.

Why don't you email him at the club with your concerns?

Club CEO Cameron Schwab said at the Summit (the general one) last year that he was always receptive to ideas from supporters.

Why don't you email him at the club with your concerns?

Many thanks for your advise.I have done so,using this medium without even the decency of a reply. Has anyone else?

General

Ph. (03) 9652 1111

PO Box 254 East Melbourne Victoria 8002

[email protected]

- General enquiries and feedback

- Employment/work experience requests

- Fan mail

- Complaints

- Emails to President and Directors

[email protected]

- Suggestions

- Marketing ideas

Many thanks for your advise.I have done so,using this medium without even the decency of a reply. Has anyone else?

General

Ph. (03) 9652 1111

[email protected]

- Fan mail

- Complaints

[email protected]

- Suggestions

- Marketing ideas

I understand your concerns. I had the need to enquire about some basic issues and never got relies on all....donated also to Debt Demolition., and to Demon Heartland ( not sure what the outcome was there!!). Also asked about The Women of Melbourne lunch ( which is a yearly event, but not this year !!). Kept watching for dates like suggested by MFC...but none

I think its important to understand that these guys are actually quite busy despite there not being any games played currently.

Every email I've sent to Schwabby he has replied to, even if it does take a while, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't as I'm more concerned that he is running the club than wasting his time reading my rants.

Secondly - do you really want an update every 2 weeks? Do you realise that most of the time the report will be that there is nothing new to report?

Do you want reports like: "Today Sam Blease walked 3 laps. His leg is healing as expected."

I understand you love the club and want reassurance that his leg will be fine, but there is a limit to what the club can and will tell you, and there is a limit to what they actually know anyway.

I personally have a beef with what you term 'vital information'.

I think if you had a better understanding of what is involved in running a 'Debt Demolition' type project or in the running of a club, then you would not be making these complaints.

I understand your concerns. I had the need to enquire about some basic issues and never got relies on all....donated also to Debt Demolition., and to Demon Heartland ( not sure what the outcome was there!!). Also asked about The Women of Melbourne lunch ( which is a yearly event, but not this year !!). Kept watching for dates like suggested by MFC...but none

Did you get the thankyou letter for Demon Heartland?

Or it may have been an email, I can't remember. I got something.

But yeah, it was good.

Did you get the thankyou letter for Demon Heartland?

Or it may have been an email, I can't remember. I got something.

But yeah, it was good.

Got an email too. The range of recipients was quite extensive, a good initiative all up. 549 members donated and hopefully more in 2010. Enforcer, have you renewed your membership at all? If not then when you go to the renewal page you will probably see the Demon Heartland bundled with your membership, not itemised seperately. I'm not sure all members will appreciate this despite being a great cause.

I think its important to understand that these guys are actually quite busy despite there not being any games played currently.

Every email I've sent to Schwabby he has replied to, even if it does take a while, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't as I'm more concerned that he is running the club than wasting his time reading my rants.

Secondly - do you really want an update every 2 weeks? Do you realise that most of the time the report will be that there is nothing new to report?

Do you want reports like: "Today Sam Blease walked 3 laps. His leg is healing as expected."

I understand you love the club and want reassurance that his leg will be fine, but there is a limit to what the club can and will tell you, and there is a limit to what they actually know anyway.

I personally have a beef with what you term 'vital information'.

I think if you had a better understanding of what is involved in running a 'Debt Demolition' type project or in the running of a club, then you would not be making these complaints.

You always give your true opinions which I have expressed to you personally and I thank you for that- however I do expect a reply to an email.Whether it is to my liking or not. I do expect that at least one update could have been given re the progress to our injured players. And re the Debt Demolition- I do expect to be told what the final amount is. That to me is just down right courtesy.I feel the MFC have a right to keep us stakeholders informed.

Regarding Vital information- I believe an update on our injured players should be regarded as vital to us- the members, supporters and followers along with the final amount of the debt demolition amount.An update on the Youth Summitt-vital to the ones whom gave up their time to be there.

That is my opinion- but I respect yours. What about others?

You always give your true opinions which I have expressed to you personally and I thank you for that- however I do expect a reply to an email.Whether it is to my liking or not. I do expect that at least one update could have been given re the progress to our injured players. And re the Debt Demolition- I do expect to be told what the final amount is. That to me is just down right courtesy.I feel the MFC have a right to keep us stakeholders informed.

Regarding Vital information- I believe an update on our injured players should be regarded as vital to us- the members, supporters and followers along with the final amount of the debt demolition amount.An update on the Youth Summitt-vital to the ones whom gave up their time to be there.

Fair call. I'm still surprised there's not an auto-reply email, that they then follow up with a personal response at a later date.

Simple thing, I know, but I guess I console myself with the fact they are concentrating on much more important things.

say something to twitter to him

It is real sad even an indictment if one has to twitter the CEO.to get information which should be given as a matter of courtesy.That is my opinion. Can cope with yours, but will not be twittering him.However, he claims he reads our website here, may get others off their backsides and react.

say something to twitter to him

It is real sad even an indictment if one has to twitter the CEO.to get information which should be given as a matter of courtesy.That is my opinion. Can cope with yours, but will not be twittering him.However, he claims he reads our website here, may get others off their backsides and react.

The MFC website at this time of year is a little slow on news (given it is now post-season). No doubt it will pick up come trade week and Draft time. The MFC itself, has always kept us members in the dark of what is really going on behind closed doors (in terms of injuries). A classic case was that of Wonaeamirri this year (little news on him for the entire season). All it said on the website was 4-6 weeks (or whatever it was).

I find this frustrating, particularly during the season. Off-season, that's a different matter. As for Sam Blease, there has been little to no info on him provided by the club. If it wasn't for demonland/ology, i would still have no clue as to how he is going with his re-hab (still don't have much of an idea either). The club really needs to improve in this area, as members are the life-force of this club.

Hopefully with big Jim on board, things will change.

PS. Get well soon Jimma

Edited by Demon Disciple

I think there are other avenues you should go through for things of this nature.

Twitter isn't really the forum to be airing these sorts of issues.

The MFC website at this time of year is a little slow on news (given it is now post-season). No doubt it will pick up come trade week and Draft time. The MFC itself, has always kept us members in the dark of what is really going on behind closed doors (in terms of injuries). A classic case was that of Wonaeamirri this year (little news on him for the entire season). All it said on the website was 4-6 weeks (or whatever it was).

I find this frustrating, particularly during the season. Off-season, that's a different matter. As for Sam Blease, there has been little to no info on him provided by the club. If it wasn't for demonland/ology, i would still have no clue as to how he is going with his re-hab (still don't have much of an idea either). The club really needs to improve in this area, as members are the life-force of this club.

Hopefully with big Jim on board, things will change.

PS. Get well soon Jimma

Is it any different for any other club, in any other code for that matter?

Injuries are rarely discussed so openly and in-depth.

I find it amazing anyone would expect more.

I think it is really sad that you expect a reply from a CEO of an organisation with a what 30mil turnover (don't know the figure). We have 31K members if they are all emailing the CEO then how is he expected to do his job???? Maybe the club should state they are awaiting the money from the pledges before releasing the figures but it has been 19 days since the month finished, the accounting department have this plus other things to do so maybe we could just wait..... I would rather one email a month in the off season updating me with details rather than one every five minutes telling me Jack increased his bench press from 70kg to 72.5 for his last set.

I think it is really sad that you expect a reply from a CEO of an organisation with a what 30mil turnover (don't know the figure). We have 31K members if they are all emailing the CEO then how is he expected to do his job???? Maybe the club should state they are awaiting the money from the pledges before releasing the figures but it has been 19 days since the month finished, the accounting department have this plus other things to do so maybe we could just wait..... I would rather one email a month in the off season updating me with details rather than one every five minutes telling me Jack increased his bench press from 70kg to 72.5 for his last set.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above.

I find it laughable that injury updates to players in the offseason would be considered "vital information". I'm sure that the footy department have got bigger things on the plate at present (list management/trades/draft) than satisfying the whim of every supporter. I think the emails and letters sent to us members re Debt Demo and MFC updates, and progress during the year have been very good. In fact a great improvement on previous years. I'm sure that the MFC will in time post the final amount for the Debt Demo and know that like all things, good things come to those who wait. So be patient JCB. I don't expect and nor should we anticipate any updates on injuries until pre-season training resumes.

I find it amazing that people are still complaining about the the club in it's off season for god's sake give them a break, have a look at the big picture to see where the club has come from and where we are now and appreciate that we are on the right path, ok they still can improve on communication and I think they will, but I for one want them to concentrate wiping the debt off which we will next year, keep on building the list and football department making the City of Casey our own playground and making us not one of the clubs that has to fold or relocate than pleasing a small few that complain on a web sites rather than contact the club to put their views forward, like I said things can improve and they will but lets keep thing in prospective.

It's not good enough for the Club to fail to respond to contact. Sure, the issues may be of little consequence, but the relationship between members and the Club is vitally important.

I have sent an email to one of the general email addresses that never got a reply but I've also been at the Club while a staff member went beyond the call of duty in dealing with what I thought was another fan's trivial reason for contacting the Club.

I find it amazing that people are still complaining about the the club in it's off season for god's sake give them a break

What's the fact that the players aren't out there got to do with the price of fish?

It's not 'off-season' for Club staff. I know it's a pretty busy time for many of the staff.

than pleasing a small few that complain on a web sites rather than contact the club to put their views forward

This is pretty ironic - the complaints are about the Club's communication, including the fact the Club hasn't responded to contact!

I think it is really sad that you expect a reply from a CEO of an organisation with a what 30mil turnover (don't know the figure). We have 31K members if they are all emailing the CEO then how is he expected to do his job????

I think you've got a decent point but you're aiming it at the wrong person. jayceebee31 has used the email addresses provided for general contact and jayceebee31 has also said that (s)he won't be contacting Schwab.

Fwiw, I don't really understand why some fans feel such a need for personal contact from admin, management, coaches and players. In 99% of cases I'd rather the staff were doing something other than field enquiries and comment from fans.

I know the receptionist has a tough Monday morning the week after a bad loss. To me, the idea of calling the Club's admin after a disappointing on-field performance bizarre. I'm sure this isn't the norm but there's also more benign contact that I don't quite understand.

For example, the latest membership tally is of interest to many fans and the Club makes an effort to keep supporters updated via the website and the odd article etc (plus media coverage). Despite this, some fans feel the need to regularly contact the Club to get the absolute latest membership tally communicated directly to them and I find this a little puzzling.

Wouldn't we rather the staff working on issues of priority to the Club? I'm sure they have more than enough work to do.

I'd be interested to hear from people who have a different view to me.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I could try to have a different view but I would be lying. The club has better things to do than to answer every request every fan has. Sometimes we just don't need to know all the information at light speed.

Just to let you know that it seems the Debt Demolition seems to be an ongoing amount and will not have a "Final Amount" at least not for the moment anyway. When you go to renew your Membership, there is a spot to Donate to the Debt Demolition.

I could be wrong and they might total off this years amount and start again from $0 for all payments contributed from the Renewal's as 2010 Donations.

I am sure in time, once all cheque's etc have cleared and they can total it up, the Club will notify us all via E-Mail, which I think they did last year.

Personally, I think the MFC website is generally very up to date & compared to other clubs sites is maintained well.

The MFC is nearly always one of the first to make their teams available on their website each Thursday, some of the interstate teams sometimes do not even put up there teams on their website at all. Same goes for match results & post-match articles, ours are up there almost immediately after the game. This is probably what most would consider the critical information - the teams & the results & the game reports - and the club could not be any quicker at getting this information on their site.

The website has more than enough content to grab the attention of potential supporters or potential members and that is the important thing for me. I don't think you should expect the MFC website, or in any brands website, to provide anything more than basic information.

Injury updates are a frustration for followers of any sport and always will be. The injury list is already a farce, if clubs were obliged to provide even more information it would just be more useless spin that cannot be relied upon anyway.

I agree that not responding to emails is a problem though. You often here about the club not responding to enquiries from people who contribute, or are seeking to contribute, to the club financially and this worries me. I know members of my own family have experienced this exact problem & it is not only emails but telephone calls that are not followed up.

General

Ph. (03) 9652 1111

[email protected]

- Fan mail

- Complaints

[email protected]

- Suggestions

- Marketing ideas

Have done the same at [email protected] also without a reply.I agree that the club should at very least acknowledge they received the email and thank you for your contribution.

It's not good business to ignore your members.

Great to see the MFC respond to the GARLAND/MOONBOOT SAGA SO QUICKLY. One could see that Schwabbie had pressure oput on him to answer re his twitter site. And when we got the true insight -it then saves us all for contemplating different thoughts ,such as -Is he finished etc.. Well done MFC on this occassion.However what about updates re Wona,Blease etc.. and the Debt Demolition final tally