Scully and the Stingrays at Visy!

Demonic_Inferno

Ben Moloney wears 26 for Falcons, but he wasn't named today. Was he a tall/small?

Moloney was the best player on the ground in the second quarter. He won contested possesions when outnumbered on two occusions and his left foot out of danger is sublime. He also kicked a nice snaped goal under pressure.

He's a very impressive prospect.

Just arrived home from matches played today and Scully makes a Grand Final where Dandenong Stingrays won by around 40 points over Geelong.Earlier Eastern Ranges were beaten by Calder Cannons- Carlisle injured again- in the 12 minute of the first quarter- looked like a shoulder.

Scully was not his brilliant best today spending alot of time in a foward pocket and little match time in the last quarter.Might be carryng an injury.

Dandenong Stingrays 5.3 6.7 9.13 11.17 (83)

Geelong Falcons 1.2 2.8 4.9 5.12 (42)

GOALS:

Dandenong Stingrays: Parker 2 Treloar 2 Sheppard Millard Cottrell Bastinac Scully Kerr Amalfi

BEST:

Dandenong Stingrays: Andrews Bastinac Robertson Shaw Heddles Pitt

Any one from calder that will worth a look in the granny??

And do you no how griffiths went??

Edited by Carn dees

Moloney was the best player on the ground in the second quarter. He won contested possesions when outnumbered on two occusions and his left foot out of danger is sublime. He also kicked a nice snaped goal under pressure.

He's a very impressive prospect.

So it was 26? Yeah I agree, cool under pressure with pretty lethal delivery from what I saw.

EDIT: Just went to the Falcon's website and checked the player photos, yeah it's definately Moloney.

Edited by Demonic_Inferno

He was pretty quiet after that first quarter, especially after he was shifted to the forwardline. It's amazing just how many opponents are rotated onto him during a game. In neither of the games I've seen has he played out the duration in the centre, I'd love to see what influence he would have if he was.

On reading the D.Stingrays made the grand final, it occured to me that Scully wont have a break between the end of the season and the start of the Draft Camps!

Pretty big year for a kid.. :blink:

Im guessing he'll continue to be used sparingly in a pocket forward or back and be thrown in the centre only when a game needs to be won.. (and at the start, of course)

Sounds like the Stingrays were in control from early on, hence a quieter game from the scull..

Unless that was more than just a knock to the knee!! :unsure:

Any one from calder that will worth a look in the granny??

And do you no how griffiths went??

Cannons to keep an eye on are Carlisle if he's fit, Jake Melksham, Robbie Hicks and Serhat Temel. Of the bottom agers, Luke Mitchell, Wallis and Liberatore have shown a bit.

Read that Griffiths was injured in the first quarter and didn't return.

On reading the D.Stingrays made the grand final, it occured to me that Scully wont have a break between the end of the season and the start of the Draft Camps!

That's if he goes to the draft camp.... how many clubs need to nominate a player before they can attend. I doubt that any other club wants to look at Scully knowing there isn't a hope in hell he will play for anyone except us.

That's if he goes to the draft camp.... how many clubs need to nominate a player before they can attend. I doubt that any other club wants to look at Scully knowing there isn't a hope in hell he will play for anyone except us.

Tom Scully has been invited to the draft camp and will be attending!

Can he just opt out anyway?

I'm of the opinion that a player of Scully's ilk wants to go and prove he is the best, or test himself against the best, so I think he'll be there anyway.

Looks like Yeata is doing right by MFC and not having him log bucketloads of minutes in the midfield anyway.

Does anyone know how you can watch SANFL and WAFL games in Victoria? Would love to watch Trengrove this weekend.

I know here in SA that the games are on foxtel at 1:30 on channel 102 i think it is.Not sure if its the same in VIC but i hope that helps,or go onto the web @ www.5aa.com.au who are the radio broadcasters & you can listen to it live

I think it is six or ten... can't really remember but it maybe ten because the others are state screened.... I'm pretty sure All australians get an invite regardless of clubs nominating :wacko: