Player weaknesses

Still Waiting

I am trying to identify certain attributes that each player could improve upon.

A few examples /-

Bate, improve rhs disposal

McLean, consistency & a season of pro sprinting

Jones, to improve kicking & awareness

Morton, core body strength

Bruce , delivery

Dunn, awareness & focus

Frawley, disposal

Miller, accuracy plus one grabbers(hands) & consistency

Rivers, aggression at ball

Jurrah, upper body strength

Watts, Muscle & body mass

Newton, consistency & chasing & pressure

Spencer, awareness & consistency

Bell, fitness & body management

Others ?????

Bate is more short kicks and speed, long kicking is the best in the team

Newton has to get stronger and improve kicking accuracy, his chasing is good now

Jurrah fitness to get to more contests, strength is just a bonus

Miller has a tonne of work to do

Garland - get healthy, and get good at one end of the ground - a forward line transfer would be exciting!

Warnock - keep getting stronger and more physical, work on skills

Frawley - as above, but if he has a preseason like last year in terms of improvement he will be AA

Rivers - strength, speed and fitness, have your first big preseason!!!

Moloney + Mclean is speed

Jones - continue improving fitness, his speed and kicking are improved but yes there is still some work to be done

Dunn - keep fitness improving

Davey - stay healthy, keep working on fitness

Valenti - all areas, general midfield fitness important

Jamar - stay healthy, keeping working on speed and skills

Meesen - get healthy, get fit, improve physicality - surprise me again!

Spencer - a lot to do, not saying he's bad but he's a young ruckman who needs to improve in all areas of the game

Martin - improve ruckwork, keep working on skills

PJ - as above

Cheney - speed and disposal

Bartram - awareness and disposal

Grimes - just stay healthy!

Bell - skills and awareness

Buckley - get healthy

Young blokes - Morton, Maric, Bennell, Strauss, McNamara, McKenzie, Blease, Jetta - fitness and strength

Wona - fitness!

Watts - strength!

McDonald, Green, Bruce - get as fit as possible to play good footy in 2010

I like it...

Bate, improve rhs disposal

By hand maybe. I like him by foot. Ugly but effective.

Morton, core body strength

Core? I don't think there's a muscle on his body he doesn't need to develop. Considering how good he is without size, if he CAN get a bit of weight, look out. When playing against kids before he was recruited, he was a handy contested mark too. I bet he'd love to get back into that area of the game.

Jurrah, upper body strength

And engine. Like Morton. Tantalising.

Newton, consistency & chasing & pressure

He has improved the chasing aspect quite a bit during and since ND. His consistency and lack of focus are his issues. It's all in his head. He CAN kick, and can play superb footy, but there's something in his head that's stopping him. If he's retained, he has a few months to fix it.

Bell, fitness & body management

And luck!

Bate is more short kicks and speed, long kicking is the best in the team

Col Sylvia says hi...

I reckon the improvement, as always, has to come from anyone under 25 or thereabouts. Add a few years to that if you're a tall. Which puts the Bruce one above in a bit of perspective. Does anyone think his kicking will improve? Perhaps because it used to be a LOT better than it is...

I'm mostly interested in some of the lesser lights that have a lot of ROOM for improvement. We all know the Jurrah's, Watts, Garland types have all the talent in the world, and just need the bodies, strenth, engines.... you know... all the usual AFL-level development and education.

It's players like Cheney, who perhaps needs to find a yard and a bit of disposa efficiency and Jetta who needs perhaps a yard as well. They're the ones who have clear deficiencies to work on if they're to be premiership players.

Core? I don't think there's a muscle on his body he doesn't need to develop. Considering how good he is without size, if he CAN get a bit of weight, look out. When playing against kids before he was recruited, he was a handy contested mark too. I bet he'd love to get back into that area of the game.

And engine. Like Morton. Tantalising.

Yes spot on. Morton has the potential to be Adam Goods but BETTER

Has the engine, the height, the speed, the smarts and is an absolute ball magnet. All Morton needs to do is put on a few kg's each pre-season and he will be a super star.

Morton has the potential to be Adam Goods but BETTER

Has the engine, the height, the speed, the smarts and is an absolute ball magnet. All Morton needs to do is put on a few kg's each pre-season and he will be a super star.

to be Adam Goodes hey..... ;) "but better"........we can only hope.

Adam Goodes is a Super star. Can play anywhere. Has a body like no other. The pure modern day footballer with strength and power. Dual Brownlow Medallist. Some give him a chance of a being a "Triple Brownlow Medallist" this year.

If Morton can be better than Adam Goodes........don't get me wrong........I'd be absolutely stoked.

Edited by High Tower

Full List Areas of improvement IMO

1. Buckley - awareness, skills, and fitness- ie. manage injuries

2. Jones - speed, decision-making, skills

3. Bartram - decision-making, skills, skills, SKILLS!

4. Watts - body strength and size, one-on-one marking

5. McLean - fitness base, speed

6. Bate - agility, work at ground level

7. Miller - one-out and pack-marking, defensive pressure, and goal-kicking FCS !!

8. Frawley - tidy up disposal, continue strength development

10. Morton - body strength and size, physicality

11. Johnson - contested marking, decision-making, physicality, ruckwork

12. Sylvia - maintain consistency and dedication, stay fit

14. Dunn - overhead marking, physicality, winning more footy

15. Petterd - body size and strength, consistency, disposal

16. Grimes - fitness, strength, disposal

18. Green - maintain consistency

19. Maric - endurance and fitness, strength, consistency

20. Garland - fitness, stay injury free!!

21. Bell - AWARENESS!

22. Moloney - speed

23. McDonald - disposal, speed

25. Cheney - disposal, speed, accountability

26. Meesen - physicality, ruckwork, disposal, contested-marking

27. Rivers - speed, strength, recapturing old form

29. Newton - full-scale improvements required

30. McNamara - body size and strength, speed, endurance

32. Bruce - disposal and skills

33. Wonaeamirri - endurance, fitness

34. Martin - decision-making, skills, ruckwork, goal-kicking

36. Davey - maintain consistency, kick more goals

37. Warnock - skills, add more size

39. Jetta - endurance, srength, skills, speed

40. Jamar - skills decision-making, maintain improvements made, fitness- ie. injuries

41. Bail - needs to improve across the board

42. Spencer - co-ordination, mobility, kicking, decision-making, strength

43. Bennell - size and strength, accountability

44. Valenti - speed, speed

48. Jurrah - endurance, size and strength

49. McKenzie - kicking, speed

Full List Areas of improvement IMO

1. Buckley - disposal, second efforts

2. Jones - evasion, speed, decision-making, skills

3. Bartram - skills and being proactive with the pill

4. Watts - developing

5. McLean - speed, speed and getting on the park

6. Bate - right side, below knees work and 2nd efforts

7. Miller - dont get shy now)

8. Frawley - coming along beautifully, keep up the development

10. Morton - body strength and size, physicality (what Doggo said)

11. Johnson - contested marking, decision-making, physicality, ruckwork - and then some!

12. Sylvia - maintain consistency and dedication, stay fit and off the social circuit

14. Dunn - stick your head over the pill on the ground and under the pill in the air!!!

15. Petterd - disposal, speed. Throw your weight around (when you have some)

16. Grimes - developing very nicely

18. Green - ultimate professional - knows what to do

19. Maric - endurance and fitness, strength, consistency (what Doggo said - 'WDS') - will be a great player

20. Garland - fitness/strength

21. Bell - AWARENESS!

22. Moloney - speed - has made great inroads with his delivery into the forward line = continue

23. McDonald - disposal. Handball is your friend

25. Cheney - disposal, speed, accountability (WDS)

26. Meesen - physicality, ruckwork, disposal, contested-marking - tap-work WDS

27. Rivers - speed

29. Newton - IMO if he kicks goals and doesn't forget about forward line pressure, the rest will follow

30. McNamara - developing - speed

32. Bruce - disposal - eradicate hospital handpasses

33. Wonaeamirri - get on the park = :)

34. Martin - decision-making and the rest will follow

36. Davey - continue on from a great year, earn a spot in the leadership group and continue mentoring role

37. Warnock - great year, work on skill errors and best option

39. Jetta - developing

40. Jamar - on ground presence (possessions)

41. Bail - developing (rotten disposal needs work)

42. Spencer - developing

43. Bennell - developing

44. Valenti - will be delisted

48. Jurrah - intimate relationship with weights

49. McKenzie - speed, weights

Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

Anyway, going a bit off topic here - I saw Tommy McNamara at Spencer St station earlier tonight on crutches. I don't remember reading anything that said he was booked in for surgery. Did anyone know he was due for it? I saw him limping off the Overland from Adelaide, so presumably he'd been back to visit family and friends...