• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trade week an option for Demons

cooko

I hope we are active in trade week. I would like to trade Miller and Bartram for upgraded picks please.

Miller and our 3 round pick for Sydneys 2nd round. Id throw in Valentine if needed.

Bartram and our 4th round pick for a third round pick.

Hope we don't trade our first 3 picks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about trading Warnock to Carlton for as high a draft pick as we can get. They desperately need another key position player down back and we have a bit of a surplus down there at the moment. Part with Warnock and we can send Martin back to replace him.

Carlton get a vital ingredient that they have been missing, who is in his prime and will join his brother and we get another young bloke into the team. there first pick will be around 11 or so? Through in Robertson who could become an important second option behind Fev and we could almost sneak their first pick off them!??

I think the only area of our list where we have too many talented players is the Key Backs and they are hard to find so we may be able to use them to improve our overall list.

thoughts?

I see it pretty much the same way. If you want to give us a good player for a lesser pick then we will take it. If you want to pay top $$ for a player we don't value that much we will do it, and if you have a good player out of contract we will try and screw you on it. 1&2 won't be part of the deal but we will push hard games with the rest. Who knows what we might be able to steal in this draft? We are sitting in a very nice spot when it comes to bargaining power so why not use it. If it comes to nothing, so what? But if we can steal a good player for a "who cares" pick why not?

A good example would be Delidio. Why not offer Richmond Miller and #18? We probably won't get it but if he is shitty with his lot in life they might decide that it is better than us getting him for free. Ditto several other players.

Why not use the power we have, and might not have again, to push teams? If we can make them pay top $$ to keep a player it is still a win of sorts.

Time we were ruthless and tough. I'm sick of us being treated like the poor cousin that everyone pities. I want the rest to hate and fear us.

ahh..kindred thinking. :)

I agree. Many seem to think you need to play fair in all this. Why ?? indeed why not consider this as a buffet of opportunity. We DONT have to trade...but the door is open etc. We , strangely are in a very very good position to exploit this trade period. Some are about to fall over laughing. We have a lot of youth. Not all of it is going to make it through to OUR best 22 in 2-3 years time. We also have a few , well....lets cal lthemprojects that we may well be happy to part with. We have a few too many non descript position players ...who ?? Bartram , Miller... Newton.. Johnson... Bell..Bail...Buckley...... youd have to be realistic and suggest that evenblokes like Jones, Petterd, Maric, Rivers, Dunn and Jamar would be a deal for the right return.

Do we forward trade as well?? thats a whole new realm. Do we have to ?? NO !! but theres a defintie chance that a few teams may just get a little bit antsy about their futre ability to get talent ( in a real and meaningful time frame )

We have to be open to trade..its healthy. Even as we grow our success in coming years we will still trade , update, replenish and reinvigorate the team. At no point can we become complacent,rest on laurels or consider the team is as good as it can be. There will be players leave, but if managed properly to replace with better, or more suited, or a better balance. A team is a constant effort of refining, tuning and adapting.

Thats why we will trade and in the current climate and our ladder position we have to trade.. We wont be alone.

There is a good opportunity. for the dees to get a third pick in the first round, Sydney do not want to bottom out they cant afford to. they will give up their frist pick and second pick for ready made players, i think a good trade would be miller and green, and rivers for sydney's first three picks in the draft. if they will take all three they will least take up one of those offers

Green will not be going anywhere.

I think Sydney will hold their first pick, they might be willing and able to trade their 2nd,3rd picks for ready-made players. Will be interesting to see what happens on Hall - PSD; I don't think they will have entirely given up on Lake, although the Bulldogs are exploring every opportunity to keep him. Likely he will stay at Bulldogs.

With the retirements of Leo Barry, O'Loughlin and Hall having left, there will be plenty of scope under their salary cap. They will net someone.

doubt very much Green will be onoffer... last time maybe..not now.

Sydney will trade though. They have shown a consistency and willing to do so. So have we actually, just not all deals come of.

Sydney have lots of freed up sheckles now, they'll be in for something.

I think unless theres really a Deal of the century on ffer most teams will be reluctant not to have a first round pick. In a way if you take our first two away and look at it as though our pick 18 is a defacto first rounder ( of sorts, yes I kow its bit airy fairy inthat way..just go with me ) then what say Team A might do is contrive to possible trade but still have a first rounder...but it wil be later. So possible a team with say a pick in the range 12-17 might be prepared to do something with players proving they get our pick 18. This may follow through with other teams etc. So whilst our first two are off the table ( and they better be !! ) thenI dont see why any other trade mightnt be, depending on the catle.

Its differing strokes for different folks. Not all clubs are coming at this trade/draft with the same shopping list.

Players coming into view as disenfranchised.. Lake, Delidio, Pearce, Boak,Salopek.... whispers abound that Tambling might be traded.. Freos Mundy...youd have to think McVeigh might way up his opportunities...

and the list will grow. Probably in past seasons many would be PSD pick ups, but its different for many reasons this year.

You have teh likes of Hall, Robertson, even Wheats adding some flavour as to whose on offer, though these add no conpensation to the clubs they leave, they might colour FD's thinking.

I just cant see any club saying No No No to at least considering whats out there.

They never do say no to considering. Its whether there interested.

Anyway keep the "roll up, roll up" happening.

Are you on commission?

actually ..no.. wouldnt mind even a % of a % of all monies transacted though :.. you know.. one grain on first square..2 on second...hehhe

will the dominoes fall ?? well, you have to think this year they are all but teetering

doubt very much Green will be onoffer... last time maybe..not now.

Sydney will trade though. They have shown a consistency and willing to do so. So have we actually, just not all deals come of.

Sydney have lots of freed up sheckles now, they'll be in for something.

I think unless theres really a Deal of the century on ffer most teams will be reluctant not to have a first round pick. In a way if you take our first two away and look at it as though our pick 18 is a defacto first rounder ( of sorts, yes I kow its bit airy fairy inthat way..just go with me ) then what say Team A might do is contrive to possible trade but still have a first rounder...but it wil be later. So possible a team with say a pick in the range 12-17 might be prepared to do something with players proving they get our pick 18. This may follow through with other teams etc. So whilst our first two are off the table ( and they better be !! ) thenI dont see why any other trade mightnt be, depending on the catle.

Its differing strokes for different folks. Not all clubs are coming at this trade/draft with the same shopping list.

What will Sydney trade with? What have they got that has serious currency and is surplus to their needs? The sheckles only relates to what they can pay a player. The issue is extracting that player from another club.

Given the lack of access to top class footballers in the draft I agree teams will not part with a first rounder unless it was something good. I could see Deledio going for high first round pick.

It will be interesting how the recruiters rate the draft after the first round. Marginally inching up the draft table may be neither here nor there if the draft is thin.

There may be limited possibility for a player for player swap but I cant identify any obvious opportunities at this stage.

i think the only player other teams would chase at melbourne would be davey, grimes, a select few...maybe count on one hand ...you might off load a player with a draft pick as a sweetener...the rest of melbourne is unproven or holding a spot until a younger player develops to take it....ie., Miller

i don't think a we are going to get another dream trade like Bizzell and Brent Grgic again! probably best trade melb has ever done! Can anyone think of a better one?

Picks

This year they have approx. pick 7 and 23 in a thin draft. In a normal draft thats like picks 10 and 31. After that they have tooth- picks and they wont want to waste their shekels with those.

Unless they have a player with currency to add to the deal they may struggle to trade.

I see us trading a player (or a couple of players) to complement the list that both Bailey and the FD want in 2-3 years time. I expect Melb to trade or seek a deal which would see players of the calibre such as Bartram (possibly to the Saints), Jones, Jamar (rumoured to want a trade), Bell, Dunn or Miller for a high 2nd round pick or possibly late 1st round.

This would enable us to secure 2 first round picks and 2 second round.

Ideally we would improve our list with 2 A grade midfielders, 2 key forwards and/or a young ruckman. I personally hope to see an end result of Scully and Trengove as the first round picks, the 2nd round picks used on 2 talls in Carlisle, Talia, Panos (if still around) or possibly Duncan/Craig. This would still allow us to further improve our list with the best available talent in the Pre Season Draft, regardless of position.

i don't think a we are going to get another dream trade like Bizzell and Brent Grgic again! probably best trade melb has ever done! Can anyone think of a better one?

Geelong got James Kelly with that so I don't think it was. Bizzell was a very over rated footballer. We have never done well at trade week. White and Ingerson are the only good players we got from a trade. Bizzell and Powell put in a couple of good years and Pickett and Shanahan put in 1 good season.

I see us trading a player (or a couple of players) to complement the list that both Bailey and the FD want in 2-3 years time. I expect Melb to trade or seek a deal which would see players of the calibre such as Bartram (possibly to the Saints), Jones, Jamar (rumoured to want a trade), Bell, Dunn or Miller for a high 2nd round pick or possibly late 1st round.

This would enable us to secure 2 first round picks and 2 second round.

Ideally we would improve our list with 2 A grade midfielders, 2 key forwards and/or a young ruckman. I personally hope to see an end result of Scully and Trengove as the first round picks, the 2nd round picks used on 2 talls in Carlisle, Talia, Panos (if still around) or possibly Duncan/Craig. This would still allow us to further improve our list with the best available talent in the Pre Season Draft, regardless of position.

Interesting about Jones wanting a trade? Only rumoured though.

Bell Dunn or Miller Would NOT get a 2nd round pick or possible a late first round. Miller and maybe Dunn could pull a 3rd round in this draft.

Edited by Mr Morton

the only good thing about miller is he is a big body and rarely gets injured...miller makes poor decisions...ie., passing inside forward 50. melb has no one ready to take his spot.

i could see him going to hawks....miller, franklin and roughead...strong forward line!

Interesting about Jones wanting a trade? Only rumoured though.

Bell Dunn or Miller Would NOT get a 2nd round pick or possible a late first round. Miller and maybe Dunn could pull a 3rd round in this draft.

Morton, Jamar was the one (according to a number of player managers) who has sought out a trade. Probably to increase his next contract $$$. I'm not suggesting that any of those players were worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I'm suggesting that a couple of players could be "packaged" as part of a trade. Ie Jones and Miller to Sydney for a 2nd round, Bell and Jamar to Port for a 2nd round.

Do you think that such a trade would be worth it??

For what it's worth I expect almost all of the above (including Bartram and Jones) to be shopped around at trade week, due to their lack of opportunities, failure to secure a spot in a team that has "won" 2 wooden spoons and their personal development.

Edited by The O

Morton, Jamar was the one (according to a number of player managers) who has sought out a trade. Probably to increase his next contract $$$. I'm not suggesting that any of those players were worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I'm suggesting that a couple of players could be "packaged" as part of a trade. Ie Jones and Miller to Sydney for a 2nd round, Bell and Jamar to Port for a 2nd round.

For what it's worth I expect almost all of the above (including Bartram and Jones) to be shopped around at trade week, due to their lack of opportunities, failure to secure a spot in a team that has "won" 2 wooden spoons and their personal development.

Ok, the sum of the worth of Bell and Jamar probably equals the worth of a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

But good luck finding a team that has a spare spot for 2 players in exchange for a pick.

We are struggling to decide who to give up on and we are sitting bottom of the ladder.

Maybe Richmond and Port would have a lot of discards creating room, but they will also be looking to stockpile picks if they can in an effort to rebuild.

The teams looking for a 2nd-chance-player would be around the top to middle of the ladder and I can't imagine they'd have room to take on two of them.

My first reaction to Jones and Barts is Do not trade, as I have a soft spot for them. For the last 3 years or so I have put my hopes into these young players and thought they would be a part of our revival. Unfortunately tough choices need to be made and I now wonder if Jones and Barts have a place in our side. Jones Mclean and Moloney all get their own hardball, which you can never have enough of in a side. But as we will have 2 more young midfielders come into the side who can get their own ball and provide pace and class, I think Jones may get pushed out. If Jamar is chasing the $ then lets get the best trade possible for him and let him go.

reposted this here..lol

Miller was part of a tentaive not so long ago with Sydney.. the finer points couldnt be agreed to and the market was more fertile. I think Miller for a 3rd round might float.

What do we want with a 3rd round ?? well package that (39) with another player say Bell and we may improve that toa late 2nd or earlier 3rd etc..

Yes its all very pass the parcel ...but thats trade week . Always depends on who wants what and who bites..

reposted this here..lol

Miller was part of a tentaive not so long ago with Sydney.. the finer points couldnt be agreed to and the market was more fertile. I think Miller for a 3rd round might float.

What do we want with a 3rd round ?? well package that (39) with another player say Bell and we may improve that toa late 2nd or earlier 3rd etc..

Yes its all very pass the parcel ...but thats trade week . Always depends on who wants what and who bites..

Jesse White has put an end to that I think

My first reaction to Jones and Barts is Do not trade, as I have a soft spot for them. For the last 3 years or so I have put my hopes into these young players and thought they would be a part of our revival. Unfortunately tough choices need to be made and I now wonder if Jones and Barts have a place in our side. Jones Mclean and Moloney all get their own hardball, which you can never have enough of in a side. But as we will have 2 more young midfielders come into the side who can get their own ball and provide pace and class, I think Jones may get pushed out. If Jamar is chasing the $ then lets get the best trade possible for him and let him go.

Bartram is gone, but I'd hang on to Jones.

I just can't split him or Brock - I don't want to lose either and I'd never say one of them is surplus to requirements.

Jesse White has put an end to that I think

quite possibly..am not privvy to the real thinkings of Sydney ..lol.. but Miller might fulfil some role for them. Im not actually sure that he was touted for his forward(ness) in going there back a whiles. He can present..he can mark.. he doesnt fall over terribly often nor get injured that much.I will say this for him he does give 100%...just not sure what that accomplishes ;)who knows ona smaller ground ( in the main ) he might not have much option but to kick for sticks !! :rolleyes:

Really was offered up only as an option/suggestion. Who knows.. Barty might intrigue them. Melb might think Jones (or similar ) is a man too many in the middle with others..trades/picks/developers coming in etc.

Roos might see something in taking a punt on Newton for a 3rd round ..or part of a package.. he might like the line breaking Buckley for all I know. He saw something in Shaw ..and look how he's blossomed....all but fav for their b&f.. So again.. there are things we dont know that always seem to arise come trade time. Its not often the obvious that happens in that week .