BOX SEAT

e25

I bet we'l beat nrth and freo now

North cannot possibly play as poorly as Richmond did today, especially at Etihad.

We're obviously in full tanking mode and we are not letting anyone get in our way. Not a chance that we're throwing away those picks now, given how desperate we were to lose today.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freo gives us a run for our money every time they come to play us in Melbourne.

Kangas have owned us for years.

Honestly, he didn't seem that good to me. Sure he has pace, but what else? He's selfish, can't make his tackles stick and his preferred inside fifty ball is an up-and-under to the goal mouth. Well, if the footage was an accurate representation of his game.

Jetta, that is.

Edited by RalphiusMaximus

keep in mind...midfileders can kick goals...ff cant play midfield.. its about priorities..literally. we lack a solid "A" clas midfiled that can grab a game by the scruff of its neck and win. We can improvise a forward line around what (watt ) is coming and what had already arrived. we can press gang in the mean time.. we cant sythesise a midfield ..it has to be real.

1)Scully

2) next best midfielder

Priority: Scully

Round1: Butcher

I just find a full forward so tempting...so what if he didnt have a great carnival, Butcher still looks a player.

Butcher has apparantly played well the last couple of weeks and was said to be carrying an injury in the championships. So he might come back into calculations if he had slipped a little.

In the end, Scully will be number 1 and what we do with our 2nd pick will leave us guessing right up to the moment it's called out on draft day. So that'll be fun if nothing else.

Don't even think it.

I actually have some hope now that we'll even lose the Freo game. They did get up by 50 points against us by half time last year. Granted they lost, and granted it's a different team... But I'd suggest the players would be HUGELY hungry for a win, and we may be their only chance for the rest of the year.

If we do end up losing to them, then it's done and dusted. We could start barracking for the team to win again, and be assured of picks 1 and 2.

I have no problems with Freo getting a priority pick @ the end of Rnd-1. They both need it & deserve it.

I wish their future be a good one.

just an update

Sun 12/Jul - Sandringham Dragons v Dandenong Stingrays

Tom Scully - 30 Disposals

He hasnt played the last 2 or 3 weeks.. not sure if he is injured?

Sat 18/Jul - Northern Knights v Gippsland Power

John Butcher - 2 Goals, 3 Behinds

Sun 26/Jul- Gippsland Power v Oakleigh Chargers

John Butcher - 5 Goals, 5 Behinds

anyone got any progress on how Trengove has been going??

He's been playing in the SANFL. Going well to.

keep in mind...midfileders can kick goals...ff cant play midfield.. its about priorities..literally. we lack a solid "A" clas midfiled that can grab a game by the scruff of its neck and win. We can improvise a forward line around what (watt ) is coming and what had already arrived. we can press gang in the mean time.. we cant sythesise a midfield ..it has to be real.

1)Scully

2) next best midfielder

http://www.contestedfooty.com/search/label/Draft

I agree.

With Scully and Trengove. We add two under 18 captains. It is like adding Ablett and Bartel like the Cats did in 2001.

My only issue is the Scott Thompson type go home factor of Trengove. Need to get Rivers etc to get around him. Hopefully the club can move his family over and any missus he may have.

Imagine the Jack attack with Watts, Grimes and Trengove!

This is my MFC 2012 premiership team:

Frawley Warnock Garland

Grimes Rivers Strauss

Blease Scully Petterd

Sylvia Watts Bate

Woenamarri Jurrah Maric

Jamar Morton Trengove

Inter (from) Davey McLean S. Martin Moloney Jones Dunn

I have no problems with Freo getting a priority pick @ the end of Rnd-1. They both need it & deserve it.

I wish their future be a good one.

I do. An advantage to any opposition club in the draft is a disadvantage for us. An extra pick to them before the second round means we get a pick later with our second rounder. If they beat us in two weeks, we'll have locked in 3 picks inside the first 18, with 1, 2 and 18.

But yes, your point is well made. We can't argue straight faced that we deserve and need this year's PP when they are clearly in as dire need as we are.

From speaking to recruiters at two Victorian clubs they are saying that it there is not much between scully and trengrove, since the carnival trengrove has been flying in the SANFL. Freo if get the chance at pick 2 will take trengrove, I think we need to do all we can to get pick 1 & 2. It will most likely come down to % to see who gets pick 2

LOL - People who think Lewis Jetta will be selected in the Top #10 - let alone at Pick #3 are kidding themselves.

He'll be picked up by Freo/WCE early in the 2nd round or by a club late in the 1st round.

The main criticism of Lewis is that he only runs one way - then again, he can be re-programed.

FYI: Expect Ben Griffiths to be a bit of a bolter as we approach November - kicked another lazy 6 goals for Eastern Rangers on the w/end.

Probably the best full forward/CHF in this years draft pool on talent alone- if only he could get onto the park more often! :unsure:

Edited by Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde

I just find a full forward so tempting...so what if he didnt have a great carnival, Butcher still looks a player.

But don't we already have FFs in Warnock & Frawley??? ;)

From speaking to recruiters at two Victorian clubs they are saying that it there is not much between scully and trengrove, since the carnival trengrove has been flying in the SANFL. Freo if get the chance at pick 2 will take trengrove, I think we need to do all we can to get pick 1 & 2. It will most likely come down to % to see who gets pick 2

Agree percentage could be the difference

Looks very good. Whether he's worth a pick 2 or 3 is the question. But you never know what the scouts are saying and thinking.

Is he Neville's brother or cousin?

The thing about drafting is that half the game is assessing where other clubs are ranking the players. We might consider Jetta to be worth a pick 3, but if the other clubs rate him further down the list, it's worth hanging about and hoping he might fall to a later pick for us and picking someone else with pick 3.

[b]From what I understand, in 2007 we were considering both Morton and Grimes with our pick 4. We went with Morton and couldn't believe our luck when Grimes was still available at pick 14. So you never know how it's going to pan out.

Thats right I remember..... People were very concerned that we may not get Grimes...well they were spot on that one!

Edited by Demon Den

Bailey has said at least twice this year we still need another tall forward, Watts , Jurrah , round 1 pick , Sylvia and Aussie = kick arse forward for years to come

just an update

Sun 12/Jul - Sandringham Dragons v Dandenong Stingrays

Tom Scully - 30 Disposals

He hasnt played the last 2 or 3 weeks.. not sure if he is injured?

anyone got any progress on how Trengove has been going??

School footy, went and seen him play because i have mates playing for haileybury, one clearence he got and drilled the ball strait to the leading forwards chest.

Both Oakleigh and Northern have average backlines. It will be interesting to see how he goes against Dandy and Gold Coast in the next two rounds both of whom are after a top four berth.

Bailey has said at least twice this year we still need another tall forward, Watts , Jurrah , round 1 pick , Sylvia and Aussie = kick arse forward for years to come

I think we'll consider two mids (ie Scully and possible Trengove) for the first 2 picks, and arrange a trade for someone such as Ashley Hanson with a latter pick, or use the PSD to secure another tall forward.

But don't we already have FFs in Warnock & Frawley??? ;)

:lol:

I think we've also got that wingman we're after in Newton....

Nah but seriously, why don't we wait until after Round 22 and draft camp before we make opinions on our draft picks. We're still a mighty chance to beat North and Freo.

Scully + pick 2 can be secured as early as next week.

If:

North Melbourne def. Melbourne

AND

Fremantle def. Port (at Subi)

If those two games pan out as shown then we are practically guaranteed picks 1 & 2

Correct. And we know what Port can serve up.