Freo makes run for Scully

warren dean

plan should be lose every game until we play freo beat them round 20. At least then we don't finish the season losing heaps in a row. Tigers should have incentive to beat us, they are only 3 wins and therefore can afford to win another game.

I think we will end up coming second last and have pick 1 & 4 (eagles get the priority as well) I think we are a big chance to get trengove as the WA teams might draft within the state.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we will. I actually thought the coaches had a real crack at losing today but Port are just that ordinary they couldn't get over us. On today's form I thought we were 8 goals better than Port, we won by less than 2. I'm confident Scully's ours. I think our FD knows the importance of this draft.

Choco was tanking, he played man on man, didn't put players ahead of our ball giving us the first open forwardline we've had in ages.

We played bruce lose back on his own & he was allowed to run free by choko.

Imo Chad Cornes gave up deliberate free kicks.

Only Rodan gave his all for them.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Choco was tanking, he played man on man, didn't put players ahead of our ball giving us the first open forwardline we've had in ages.

We played bruce lose back on his own & he was allowed to run free by choko.

Imo Chad Cornes gave up deliberate free kicks.

Only Rodan gave his all for them.

choko was tanking,i hope we never tank when theres a finals birth up for grabs. :lol:

Bull crap, deeluded. I'm not saying whether Choco was trying to lose or not, but your analysis is totally wrong.

In the first half both players played men behind the ball. That's why they mucked around with the ball so much in defence. It's also why they couldn't take the ball forward because we had loose players in our defence.

When they went one on one in the last quarter they started running over us.

Carry on.

I'll be pretty [censored] off if Scully isnt running around in Red n Blue next year. We havent had a gun mid as far as I can remember. The closest we've had are Travis and Woe, and they were both flash in the pan. I want Scully!

If we miss the PP, and therefore also have a later pick such as pick 4 or 5, then I'd be taking best available, hopefully a mid. Havent seen much of Trengrove so cant comment on him.

Butcher I've never liked, and said so months ago when he was all the rage.

Moribito I dont like either. He has pace, but his skills are pretty poor IMO. If we're giving up a top 5 pick, I want a skilled player, not Kane Tenace Mach 2.

Kane Lucas was another one touted highly, but he has been fairly average this year, and has struggled when receiving attention whether in midfield or on the HBF.

None of these players are all that much chop, and I'd be disappointed to waste a top pick on them when we could have had Scully (Trengrove excluded as I cant comment on him). We must not make the same mistake we did in 2007. Do we all remember beating Carlton in Rnd 22 as a great win? No. It was a sh*t match, and all we say about it now is how we should have lost and received a PP last year. Same thing will happen this year. We will likely beat Freo, but if we scrape out a win against Richmond or North I'll be very angry at the club for not looking long term. And the "winning culture" argument is a crock. One meaningless game makes no difference. Do what must be done, reap the rewards, and move on. We wont remember it in years when we are celebrating our first flag in decades lead by the young talent we're accumulating.

I'll be pretty [censored] off if Scully isnt running around in Red n Blue next year. We havent had a gun mid as far as I can remember. The closest we've had are Travis and Woe, and they were both flash in the pan. I want Scully!

If we miss the PP, and therefore also have a later pick such as pick 4 or 5, then I'd be taking best available, hopefully a mid. Havent seen much of Trengrove so cant comment on him.

Butcher I've never liked, and said so months ago when he was all the rage.

Moribito I dont like either. He has pace, but his skills are pretty poor IMO. If we're giving up a top 5 pick, I want a skilled player, not Kane Tenace Mach 2.

Kane Lucas was another one touted highly, but he has been fairly average this year, and has struggled when receiving attention whether in midfield or on the HBF.

None of these players are all that much chop, and I'd be disappointed to waste a top pick on them when we could have had Scully (Trengrove excluded as I cant comment on him). We must not make the same mistake we did in 2007. Do we all remember beating Carlton in Rnd 22 as a great win? No. It was a sh*t match, and all we say about it now is how we should have lost and received a PP last year. Same thing will happen this year. We will likely beat Freo, but if we scrape out a win against Richmond or North I'll be very angry at the club for not looking long term. And the "winning culture" argument is a crock. One meaningless game makes no difference. Do what must be done, reap the rewards, and move on. We wont remember it in years when we are celebrating our first flag in decades lead by the young talent we're accumulating.

Exactly, when was the last time we had a real elite marque player, like a Hird Voss Buckley Pavlich richo etc.

I no its a big call but we need one to come from somewhere.

Bull crap, deeluded. I'm not saying whether Choco was trying to lose or not, but your analysis is totally wrong.

In the first half both players played men behind the ball. That's why they mucked around with the ball so much in defence. It's also why they couldn't take the ball forward because we had loose players in our defence.

When they went one on one in the last quarter they started running over us.

Carry on.

We have not had as much space in our forwardline for ages. Time & time again our forward line was open allowing us space to run into to recieve.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Exactly, when was the last time we had a real elite marque player, like a Hird Voss Buckley Pavlich richo etc.

I no its a big call but we need one to come from somewhere.

there coming, jurrah and watts, and young frawley down back is the next matty scarlett.

Choco was tanking,

What a ridiculous statement..His players may have been tanking, but choco sure wouldn't have been. He is still to sign a new contract & a Finals Berth is still there to Grab if his pathetic team can be Bothered.

Choco would have been Filthy at Days end. I hate Port. They should never have been granted leave from the SANFL. Shame on you Oakley & Jackson Shame on You.....

Guest Watts=Saviour

Scully's the big one, and we all want him.

Having said that, if we do miss out on him, I like the look of Trengrove and Lucas, I'd be happy with either.

Please please please please please do not take Butcher. Would be a massive waste of a high draft pick IMO.

What a ridiculous statement..His players may have been tanking, but choco sure wouldn't have been. He is still to sign a new contract & a Finals Berth is still there to Grab if his pathetic team can be Bothered.

Choco would have been Filthy at Days end. I hate Port. They should never have been granted leave from the SANFL. Shame on you Oakley & Jackson Shame on You.....

If he wasn't tanking that was one of the worst coaching performancesI think I've seen this year. They did nothing to stop our forwardline functioning, left paddocks for us.

I'll try to see if it's replayed again this week 'cause my recording failed & I was upset @ the game.

That Port side was pathetic, low intensity, & thouroughly undisciplined. Only a couple played well.

If he wasn't tanking that was one of the worst coaching performancesI think I've seen this year. They did nothing to stop our forwardline functioning, left paddocks for us.

I'll try to see if it's replayed again this week 'cause my recording failed & I was upset @ the game.

That Port side was pathetic, low intensity, & thouroughly undisciplined. Only a couple played well.

That's what happens when you move the ball quickly, especially by hand and through the middle.

Both teams had multiple players behind the ball.

You certainly are deluded.