• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2009 NAB U-18 National Champs @ Etihad Stadium

cooko

How about a line breaking star wingman with pace and X factor ?

I introduce you to one Mr Morabito.

Yeah, he has all of that, but I'm still not convinced on his kicking. It seems a bit hit & miss.

But he really is Adam Goodes reincarnate.

Up until this point I've been in Trengove's camp as I see him a much safer pick, he will be a star... but I think you've just turned me.

Morabito could develop into a real game-breaker at the next level. An impact player we sorely lack.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously it is still early to tell.. and it is just my opinion from what i have seen/heard.. i think the early picks might go something like this:

1 Dees – Scully

2 Dees – Trengove

3 Freo – Morabito – then again it is freo.. they will probably pick someone tipped to go 4th round or trade for some old guy

4 Tigers – Butcher – they need a forward badly

5 West Coast – Lucas

Port Adelaide and Adelaide will probably pick Panos and Tapscott as they usually stick with locals

I think we need mids, when we were struggling today we just weren't winning the footy in the stoppages.

Here's the 2009 NAB AFL Under 18 Championships stats :

http://www.afl.com.au/development/nabaflri...57/default.aspx

If affirmative action for quickness means Morabito then I'm on your bandwagon.

Rohan not there in the skills dept.? Footy IQ? Size?

Definitely there in skills and footy IQ. Is 186 and 79 kgs, so needs to get a bit more muscle. Has all the tools, played HFF (and full back last year), can find the ball, but not a natural midfielder. Was electric for Vic Country on Wednesday, taking a huge pack mark and weaving through WA defenders and then burning them for pace. A good second half of the season for Geelong Falcons could see him really push Trengove and Morabito, but for now I have him just behind them. An intriguing prospect.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tab...39/default.aspx

I've heard the name, watched the NAB thingy on Foxtel and this guy was okay, but nothing extraordinary.

Has he had too much press already? He was interviewed by Hutchy and he was coy about becoming a Demon, saying that he'd love to go to the Tigers!!

Didn't he also say that he wouldn't go to a team that tanked?

Mmmm....I don't think I like the arrogance that exudes from this young fella - no humility, no diplomacy.

Is everyone sure he'll go Numero Uno?

I've heard the name, watched the NAB thingy on Foxtel and this guy was okay, but nothing extraordinary.

Has he had too much press already? He was interviewed by Hutchy and he was coy about becoming a Demon, saying that he'd love to go to the Tigers!!

Mmmm....I don't think I like the arrogance that exudes from this young fella - no humility, no diplomacy.

Nah mate youve got it all wrong.

1. His a bloody gun! Number one pic in the bag.

2.He said he barracked for Richmond so obviously he would like o go there. But he also said his taking it one step at a time and just working on makeing sure he gets drafted.

3.Butcher said he wouldn't go to a team that tanked.

4. His definitely not egotistic, that would be the last thing id call him.

5.He is a fast skillfull mid with good disposal what we very much need, and will go number one no matter who finishes last ;).

Nah mate youve got it all wrong.

1. His a bloody gun! Number one pic in the bag.

2.He said he barracked for Richmond so obviously he would like o go there. But he also said his taking it one step at a time and just working on makeing sure he gets drafted.

3.Butcher said he wouldn't go to a team that tanked.

4. His definitely not egotistic, that would be the last thing id call him.

5.He is a fast skillfull mid with good disposal what we very much need, and will go number one no matter who finishes last ;).

Thanks for the info - I probably caught him at his worst. His nose was all bandaged up and he looked pretty stuffed. Butcher was the 'tank' talker - sorry, I got my young 'uns mixed up.

"Didn't he also say that he wouldn't go to a team that tanked?" >> This quote jumbo was from the full forward, Butcher.

Whilst there is alot of footy to be played in the TAC CUP, and a draft camp to be conquered. I too remain undecided. Tbh with 8 rounds still to be played even a priority pick is in doubt with the output displayed on Saturday by the boys! A couple of things that we have been screaming out for is pace and skill - good foot skills. We would get both of these qualities with Scully. If we could secure the likes of a Morabito or Trengove as well I would be delighted. If we could snag Coyler later in 2nd round...

edit: .....I'd be over the moon!

Whilst there is alot of footy to be played in the TAC CUP, and a draft camp to be conquered. I too remain undecided. Tbh with 8 rounds still to be played even a priority pick is in doubt with the output displayed on Saturday by the boys! A couple of things that we have been screaming out for is pace and skill - good foot skills. We would get both of these qualities with Scully. If we could secure the likes of a Morabito or Trengove as well I would be delighted. If we could snag Coyler later in 2nd round...

Hey High Tower - thanks for the info. I'm a bit vague when it comes to draft picks.

I can't see us winning any more games. To be honest, we couldn't wait for the siren to sound on Saturday as the raw emotion exhausted everyone, and West Coast were still coming. BTW, I didn't reply to you about Miller on the wing. I'm serious, let's try him as a link up man. He's fit, can kick fairly accurately over 30 metres or so and he's got great hands. I think he's been murdered at the moment because there's always 2 or 3 against him.

In hindsight I am dissapointed that we did not go for some more KPP last year, the recruiters should have done their research and seen that there was a good chance that this crop was going to be a lacking in key KPP. I know we were trying to clear up our issues with disposal efficency by picking up blease and strauss but I would have thought a mckernan, for example, would have been more value long term.

In hindsight I am dissapointed that we did not go for some more KPP last year, the recruiters should have done their research and seen that there was a good chance that this crop was going to be a lacking in key KPP. I know we were trying to clear up our issues with disposal efficency by picking up blease and strauss but I would have thought a mckernan, for example, would have been more value long term.

After the W/End I noticed a couple of our deficiencies that showed. the obvious in our midfield, but also our defence lacks a Class Key Position CHB who can run & Kick.

Daniel Talia came to mind. This kid I think will be a great player when he's bigger & will play either CHB or CHF/FF. I'd Now be happy, if we get a priority pick, to take either a 'Trengove' or Talia.

If we were to go tall I'd hope for a Colyer @ the 2nd Rnd.

After the W/End I noticed a couple of our deficiencies that showed. the obvious in our midfield, but also our defence lacks a Class Key Position CHB who can run & Kick.

Daniel Talia came to mind. This kid I think will be a great player when he's bigger & will play either CHB or CHF/FF. I'd Now be happy, if we get a priority pick, to take either a 'Trengove' or Talia.

I skind of undersatnd what your saying but adding another back KPP just adds to the headaches we already have with Warnock, Rivers, Martin, Garland, and Frawley.

Also Daniel talia is no way near worth that 2nd pic.

I skind of undersatnd what your saying but adding another back KPP just adds to the headaches we already have with Warnock, Rivers, Martin, Garland, and Frawley.

Also Daniel talia is no way near worth that 2nd pic.

Not quite, this guy is currently playing @ CHB, but is a forward in waiting. He is FAST, a great kick, both feet, runs & carries the ball, great when the ball is on the ground, can play in the middle @ present with his current build. (he played in the centreline in the last Qtr Wednesday & nearly won the game). -- in order for versatility in team selection, a kid like this adds a lot, to flexability of the side, playing anywhere along the goal to goal line.

As I have time to process all the stuff I saw, last weeks champs, I'm starting to Warm to this kid.

I'm off the Butcher bandwagon now because I don't think he's much chop when the ball is on the deck. No reflection on his play this year but more a feflection of what I have learnt recently on the way the game is evolving.

I also like Colyer because he seems to have the inside zippiness to run through traffic @ the stoppages, I think (hope) there may be a slim chance he could be there @around our 2nd Rnd pick, (if we take a tall in first picks) maybe wishfull thinking, IMO we need a small inside player with pace & power for the mids. Blease is more outside & wing IMO, the others are not speedy, Maric, Wonna, although he has power & a 2nd gear.

I think we could do with a "cousins" style small to balance our list.

Others I like & wouldn't scoff at - Cunnington/ Trengove/ Lucas/ Panos/ .....

Edited by dee-luded

Presuming we pick two mids with our priority and first round pick, I am interested in finding out which KPP's will be available at pick 18 and what they're like. Who should we pick out of Vardy, Panos, Carlisle and Talia and will they be available?

Dee-luded.

I agree with your comments in regard to Talia.

I watched him play last Wed. and I thought he has heaps

of potential.

He has the necessary football smarts, uncompromising desire to win

and competitiveness that goes to making a good prospect.

Additionally he has clean hands and knows how to kick the ball.

In my opinion he is a top pick.

No doubt.

Scully's performance was commendable when you consider he had his nose

taped up. I'd reckon that's like a handicap that'd slow anyone down.

Presuming we pick two mids with our priority and first round pick, I am interested in finding out which KPP's will be available at pick 18 and what they're like. Who should we pick out of Vardy, Panos, Carlisle and Talia and will they be available?

Vardy seems to be a ruck who can play large game time & is dangerous forward, but rucks take time to mature them, this can make them later picks so he could slide a little?

Panos is a smart Forward with a powerfull body & has played @ FF/CHF & @ CHB.Will go first Round. Great hands & very accurate.

Talia impressed me when he presented in the middle & I didn't know much about him at all. He was good as a winger & in the centre bounces winning clearances & using the ball beautifully. I rate him highly & in a couple of years may be the standout tall of this years draft. He can play either end of the ground like Neitz could when he started.

Carlisle I haven't seen really, @ the Champs finals I was focused on the mid area mainly & was starting to glaze over from too much footy for the past month.

IMO will be there after the first Round.

Griffiths Fitzpatrick Houghton Pitt etc

The Herald sun had a article the day after the draft where a Journalist sat in on the pre draft discussion, we where looking at a KPP in our third and fourth round picks but none that we rated fell to our picks. I don't agree with drafting players just because they are KPPs.

Vardy seems to be a ruck who can play large game time & is dangerous forward, but rucks take time to mature them, this can make them later picks so he could slide a little?

Panos is a smart Forward with a powerfull body & has played @ FF/CHF & @ CHB.Will go first Round. Great hands & very accurate.

Talia impressed me when he presented in the middle & I didn't know much about him at all. He was good as a winger & in the centre bounces winning clearances & using the ball beautifully. I rate him highly & in a couple of years may be the standout tall of this years draft. He can play either end of the ground like Neitz could when he started.

Carlisle I haven't seen really, @ the Champs finals I was focused on the mid area mainly & was starting to glaze over from too much footy for the past month.

IMO will be there after the first Round.

Griffiths Fitzpatrick Houghton Pitt etc

Seemed like Talia was amongst Metro's best in all but the opening game against Country. May have even been swung forward for one of the games? Very impressed with his marking and run he provided. Another to watch in the back end o the TAC Cup season. Carlisle is a fair chance to be around with our second round pick, and would be happy to get Griffith's or maybe even Pitt here.

James Craig looked good in the ruck for SA, McCartney rated him as the best performed ruck for the champs.

Some info on T.Colyer (WA): - (from BF)

Awesome player, ran a 2.80 flat at claremont testing this year in the 20m sprint and could well challenge Danyle Pearce's record in that. Didn't complete the agility due to a groin injury at that testing but I would imagine it would be rapid. Finds a lot of the ball, loves a goal, plays in and under with his size but can run on the outside and use his pace. Can also play back and has done at colts level. Was shown in the carnival numerous time how comparatively quick he is. Takes a decent grab for his size and has a good leap.

With regards to where he'll go, its pretty early to judge. After the top 6 at the moment it seems to be anyone's guess, names are being thrown around everywhere and until the clubs express their preferences I think its going to be pretty early to tell. I've heard links to Hawthorn's first pick, but with the way they're travelling it could be a lot earlier than they thought when they made that statement, so I wouldn't bank on that right now. They didn't mind the height and rather looked at the overall skill set and blistering pace and liked what they saw. Much more likely a second or third rounder. The middle range of players particularly mids is a very level playing field so I think he might be overlooked by height. I think he will be one of the players there or there abouts for 2nd or 3rd round picks for most clubs. This draft is probably going to be very needs based and it is going to be very, very difficult to predict.

He will make his league debut this week. Interesting to see they're playing Peel who Jarrad Ninyette for Claremont kicked 6 against. Will be interesting to see how they play the small forward this time.

- JohnnyMcIntyre

Thought I'd post this, as he did catch my eye against Vic country. Pace, good foot skills, kicks goals. One for the archives come draft time.

Are you kidding me?? Our defence is the only line at the mo which is solid and has potential. We have TOO MANY tall defenders, Ill almost throw in my membership if we recuited another...

Are you kidding me?? Our defence is the only line at the mo which is solid and has potential. We have TOO MANY tall defenders, Ill almost throw in my membership if we recuited another...

No not kidding, I'm not talking about the now. We are OK, now, competative ok, but when placed under fierce pressure, the deficiencies show. I'm not saying get rid of Frawley, he's a keeper. But he has to work on improving the he holds/drops the ball to boot.

Rivers is limited to zone off & drop in the hole gutsy stuff but this won't cut it when we start playing finals. McNamara is the one that I think has the game to take him. We still need a tall class running defender/Forward.

Talia could well become the next Paul Roos, the footballer???

Versatile players are a bonus & a nightmare for opposition @ selection.

We still need a tall class running defender/Forward.

Talia could well become the next Paul Roos, the footballer???

Versatile players are a bonus & a nightmare for opposition @ selection.

Colin Garland

. Im not saying get rid of Frawley, he's a keeper. But he has to work on improving the he holds/drops the ball to boot.

He's always had an awkward style in the way he kicks the ball, this is not going to change. His efficiency by foot has been very good in recent weeks.

Id be more worried about how your man Bartram kicks the ball.

Colin Garland

What I mean is a genuine Key position sized body who will play a genuine Key Position, forward & back.

Garland is a great player but I don't see him in that Key full time.

He looks to me as a player you pick every week to perform special tasks, sometimes on a nimble small forward or your standard half back flank role or to play on those pacy roaming talls like Riewoldt & Richardson etc. I think he would have been a good one to adapt on a player like James Hird.

I don't see him as a genuine tall, but like a Hunter who will play back one minute & swing up forward to take a quick grab.

At the moment we have IMO 2 tallish players who can play defence or forward, Big Martin & Medium tall Garland.

McNamara is one I can see who'll grow into an attacking Rivers, or pinch hit @ CHF. He's got a great footy brain & composure, attacking mental framework & excellent skills. We just have to wait to see him mature a bit more & next year hopefully he'll play a few regular games @ Casey & be ready for promotion.