Queens Birthday Game Day

Demonland

EVeryone keeps saying young side. young side let them develop. there are a few oldies in the team you know who should be standing up in a big game like this im disgraced

What do you exactly mean by 'stand up'? All our older players would be trying their guts out. They just are not that good, thats all lol.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I MEAN: when its the biggest game of the year they should be pulling something out! THEY ALL Need to lift whether you are young or old

and if they cant - then lets move foward with selections.

or perhaps lets change the side and give some of our midfield a spell in the seconds - until they learn how to deliver it into the forward line.

yes its poor, but we are just not good enough. When collingwood get the ball outside their 50 or there abouts, the melbourne players dont pressure their opponents, they let them get the ball and back off, all it does if give them time to use the ball more effectively.

I think alot of Melbourne fans continue to overrate our team, which surprises me a bit considering how many games we've won for the season...

Overall I reckon this has been one of the most embarrasing weeks for the club.

I think alot of Melbourne fans continue to overrate our team, which surprises me a bit considering how many games we've won for the season...

Overall I reckon this has been one of the most embarrasing weeks for the club.

Absolutely. It was always going to be a bit embarrassing if Jack didn't do something. Even just something little. And he didn't. No offence, but the point of including him was to give him a taste. Now he has to go back to Casey to learn some more.

As for the rest of the team, the up-and-coming youngsters all did what youngsters are supposed to do, especially on such a big stage. The older players do what they always do when it is left to about 6 guys to hold it together... they try manfully but fail miserably. I'm talking here of Bruce, Moloney, Whelan, Green, Davey... only Sylvia can hold his head high... how ironic?

We are still a long way off... a long, LONG way off. Today should serve as a reminder to all who want one or two more wins this year, that what this club NEEDS is players. Good ones. What we need is Scully...

Embarssing considering all the hype. Great opportunity for the club today but we made a mess of it all.

Positives:

Sylvia was fantastic AGAIN

Grimes looks great

Jamar was great in the ruck and took a few great marks

Picks 1 and 2 SURELY must be ours

Embarssing considering all the hype. Great opportunity for the club today but we made a mess of it all.

Positives:

Sylvia was fantastic AGAIN

Grimes looks great

Jamar was great in the ruck and took a few great marks

Picks 1 and 2 SURLY must be ours

I'm pretty surly about the game myself

IF they do not drop him theres somethign wrong with the club

and based on the melbourne website - lets hope they show some strength

i bet my life THEY DONT DROP HIM. we will see

speaking of changes

Robertson : needs to get dropped

Miller back in?

Martin : needs to come in for Rivers/frawley he never should have been dropped

Time to unleash the Warlpiri warrior, Liam Jurrah. What the forward line lacked today was class and speed. LJ has both and is raring to go. I'd also stop using flash off the HB line. He needs to be used in the middle going forward, where he can actually be damaging with is quality disposals.

IF they do not drop him theres somethign wrong with the club

and based on the melbourne website - lets hope they show some strength

i bet my life THEY DONT DROP HIM. we will see

speaking of changes

Robertson : needs to get dropped

Miller back in?

Martin : needs to come in for Rivers/frawley he never should have been dropped

Who do you mean by 'him'? If Watts, Bailey has said previously that they like to give the new players at least a couple of games, so i wouldn't be surprised if he played again against the dons. He probably came in a bit early, but you only have to look as far as maric for a recent example of a player who had a shocker in their first game for the year and come back to play well the following week.

I thought all of our tall defenders did a good job. Rivers beat Cloke (again) IMO (i don't care if got 20 possessions, he didn't affect the game) and Anthony's goals were lucky mostly (I wouldn't say he beat his man i.e. frawley/warnock or whoever). Brown and Fraser and whoever else they sent down there didn't do much either. If we struggled anywhere in the backline, it was at ground level and clearing the ball from the 50, which we didn't do at all well. As much as i don't like saying this (as he is my favourite player) Whelan may well be in the firing line.

The area that really cost us the game was delivery into the forwardline and, more so, the forwardline itself. The collingowod backs killed us. We didn't work hard enough to present, or to chase after they had inevitably collected the spill. Basic skill errors also cost us dearly. dropping marks or handballs, handballing to feet, fumbling or running over a ball on the ground. It happened over and over, and collingwood were really good at punishing us for it. The overuse of the handball, particularly in congested situations, was very costly, as was our inability to adapt to the wet.

McLean and PJ had shockers. And i demand PJ be dropped. He has had 2 hideous games in a row and shouldn't be selected just because he plays a position. Bring Martin in as back up ruck and tall back (or just let jamar do it all himself). please please please no PJ until he improves significantly. As usual, i wasn't impressed with bate's chasing. Does that guy even know how to sprint? We need forwards who will commit to the chase. Actually, i didn't like the way we stood off the collingwood players all day. We gave them far too much time.

Bring Miller in, played well for casey. and consider newton depending on how he plays next week for casey. Jurrah, petterd, and dunn should be considered. I didn't mind bell's game so he may survive another week.

robbo, robbo, robbo...please learn how to kick. I don't want him dropped though.

our worst game of the season... our appetite for the contest, which has been there most of the season, was non-existant apart from the 2nd quarter, which was really disappointing...

Sylvia, Jones, Jamar, Frawley our best. Bruce played a solid game too.

There was nothing embarrassing about Watts or his debut.

To begin with there was little chance that he'd have a stunning debut, add to that a completely pathetic display from the other 21 guys around him, and heavy rain, and what exactly did people expect?

When he did get the ball, he showed just how smart he is, and used it well.

He made it through a game, went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows, and he is a lot better for the experience.

The only embarrassing thing about this week was the display we put on today. The Jack Watts hype was largely media driven, and his game was what I would expect from a kid coming into a team that is getting thrashed.

JADED, you are acting like the rest of the demon dreamers out there who believe jack is GOD to MElbourne.

LETs get one thing said and put out there

He was put in today merely as a marketing ploy for the demons to get their fans out to support them and thus make some money on QB. WELL thats how I have interpreted it, because I believe he was no where near ready today to play and his performance proved that.

YOU contradict yourself. You say "There was nothing embarrassing about Watts or his debut." and yet you go on to say "The only embarrassing thing about this week was the display we put on today."

Does he get singled out in your opinion for being the only person out of 22 guys on the ground who did not embarass themselves?

In saying what you just did you have excluded him from the fact that he is PART OF THE TEAM because today there is no denying the fact that MELBOURNE WERE AN EMBARASSMENT and jack as PART OF THE TEAM is included in that to.

Who do you mean by 'him'? If Watts, Bailey has said previously that they like to give the new players at least a couple of games, so I wouldn't be surprised if he played again against the dons. He probably came in a bit early, but you only have to look as far as maric for a recent example of a player who had a shocker in their first game for the year and come back to play well the following week.

= Well they cant drop him now can they? they will look incomptent in their decision to bring him in at this early stage, despite the fact he is green and no where near ready. We may see him a few more times lets hope he improves in time...

We didn't work hard enough to present, or to chase after they had inevitably collected the spill. Basic skill errors also cost us dearly. dropping marks or handballs, handballing to feet, fumbling or running over a ball on the ground. It happened over and over, and collingwood were really good at punishing us for it. The overuse of the handball, particularly in congested situations, was very costly, as was our inability to adapt to the wet.

= HERE you talk of how the forward line fumbled etc. well the backline did so to infact I can think of scenarios where the backline did the same things you mention.. we lost by a huge margin, so for you to say the backs didnt get beaten seems unrealistic. WE got beaten

Bring Martin in as back up ruck and tall back (or just let jamar do it all himself).

= agree

The area that really cost us the game was delivery into the forwardline and, more so, the forwardline itself.

= totally agree with you here, it happens week after week.I agree that the forward line was not up to it. Robbo wasnt there. But its our midfield who do not have the skill as they have not shown the ability to spear passes into our forwards. Its all very well the forwards leading, but without passes that reach targets how are they expected to score. This happens week after week.

i wasn't impressed with bate's chasing. Does that guy even know how to sprint? We need forwards who will commit to the chase. Actually, i didn't like the way we stood off the collingwood players all day. We gave them far too much time.

= totally agree here, slow unenthusiastic players I cant handle

Bring Miller in, played well for casey. = possibility - he does need to show confidence however

robbo, robbo, robbo...please learn how to kick. I don't want him dropped though. =I think his time is up. very difficult. His attitude when he got dropped to Casey really put me off

WHERE IS WATTS? if anything today has shown us he was no where NEAR READY TO PLAY TODAY. he has proved to be merely a publicity stunt

he needs more time at casey

he needs to know what his role is, finally in the last qtr he was played as a deep forward. with bell and wheelan in and miller and bennell (injured ?) out first time i actually thought we had tanked. Marics miss on goal in the third looked suspect from where i was sitting.

he needs to know what his role is, finally in the last qtr he was played as a deep forward. with bell and wheelan in and miller and bennell (injured ?) out first time i actually thought we had tanked. Marics miss on goal in the third looked suspect from where i was sitting.

Oh my god, now I have truly heard it all! :rolleyes: