• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Nathan Jones

and you cant just drop a player for one skill which he isnt the BEST at.

Lance franklin and simon black have one of the worst CLANGERS to Disposals ratio's in the AFL.

I thought I would have a look at Jones compared to Black and after looking at his stats agree I am being too harsh on Jones. His disposal rate and effectiveness of disposal the 3 weeks prior were all good. His kick to handball ratio was well up against the Hawks which I believe is his issue. He should be given the opportunity to prove last week was just a bad week and play to his strengths of handballing to a first option.

At 21 Jones has his best footy ahead of him. His work ethic seems fantastic and I believe he has a real thirst to improve. I'd persist with him as I think there's still alot of upside to his game. He needs to work on using his hips better to shake more tackles. He's often caught in a very upright position which gives him little chance to use the strength in his legs and hips to bust out of a tackle. This will improve with experience. Would need to play alot worse to be dropped.

RPFC, you have misunderstood my point. Age should not be considered when reviewing a players individual performance on a given day. Age is an imperative along with many other factors when comparing players for team selection.

This really comes to the question as to where will Jones best develop/improve on his deficiencies, that being disposal and decision making. I do not believe that he is best placed to improve this against the best pressuring side in the competition. I can understand how other may disagree.

Maybe for Bluey voting age doesn't matter, but why rate anyone if it doesn't affect their place in the side for next week?

Age matters, and in our position, it matters more.

I thought I would have a look at Jones compared to Black and after looking at his stats agree I am being too harsh on Jones. His disposal rate and effectiveness of disposal the 3 weeks prior were all good. His kick to handball ratio was well up against the Hawks which I believe is his issue. He should be given the opportunity to prove last week was just a bad week and play to his strengths of handballing to a first option.

Bloooody hell!!!! You now say we have read all this rubbish for nothing?That will be a relief to young Nathan, the fact that a great judge has changed his mind!

Where we were KILLED last match was in tactics in the centre at ball-ups. No-one seemed to have the faintest idea as to how to stop the ball being tapped out the back by Hawthorn rucks, directly into the path of a runner such as Mitchell. And the same happened the previous week.Hopefully that can be addressed by Jamar's inclusion, although I don't think it was P.J's fault

Whilst I'll admit he turned it over a couple of times last week and gets caught once or twice a game, he's still a valuable member of the squad going forward. There's no doubt he needs to improve his decision-making, but I think the coaching stuff and Jonesy himself realised this and attempted to work on it over the pre-season. It paid off early this season, but he has slipped up a little bit recently. That said, he's a ball magnet. In a top team, he'll be Sewell-esque, just as Brock will be.

Sure Jones has some areas of his game he needs to improve, kciking being one of them. But I see him as an invaluable member of the team.

Does anyone else see the irony of a poster called 'Bruce Almighty' calling for a 21 y.o. to be dropped for turning the ball over, focusing on his kicking??? :rolleyes:

I thought his last 2 weeks against the Bulldogs and Eagles were very good and he used the ball quite well,but against the Hawks he was back to his worst I can't even remember him hitting a target he was just as bad against Adelaide. Once he starts turning the ball over he just doesn't stop, he has the ability to use the ball well like his games against the dogs and Eagles he just has to show some consistancy with using the ball if he doesn't he will struggle to stay in the team in the future. There are other players who should be getting dropped before him.

and you cant just drop a player for one skill which he isnt the BEST at.

Lance franklin and simon black have one of the worst CLANGERS to Disposals ratio's in the AFL.

He better start getting a heap of clearences or kick a heap of goals then.

When we play finals again (if?), Jones will not be there.

We will only play finals if we have mids (much) better than him.

Nah, he'll be there.

He needs to do some work, but there is a lot to work with.

He just isn't coming on as well as he should be IMO. I don't want to have a go at him for his kicking but I just wonder at times if he is even focusing. In front of goals anything greater than a 20 degree angle and he just holds the ball almost side ways and kicks and hopes. You have to at least focus when going for goal. I just have some major concerns over our midfield in general, we are in some serious trouble if we don't get some quality in there next year. No elite runners, no elite ball users, no supporting each other.

Nah, he'll be there.

He needs to do some work, but there is a lot to work with.

What .... slow, poor decision making, poor delivery, terrible kicking action .... not to mention his weight problem.

He finds the ball alot, I know ... that's not nearly enough.

FYI, i really like nathan jones and i think he will be a ripper player in years to come. i am just saying that when you continuously keep turning the pill over you need to do something about it. i.e. robbo getting dropped for his lairising

Cant believe what im hearing. Jones is with out a doubt in our best 22 and will be a crucial player in years ahead as he continues to improvement and learn to beat the hard tag.

As for the turnovers, they're not a concern bc you want a player like Jones to continue taking on defenders.

This post bothers me bc there is a host of MFC players that severely need a kick up the *&$# and Jones isnt 1 of em!