Demon supporters...

AdamFarr - When we were doing well in 2004-2006, I'm pretty sure we were a top 5 team when it came to crowd averages. Something in the 45k range. We almost got 40,000 at the G on a Saturday afternoon when we played West Coast in 2005. We can pull big crowds. Had we been up a flying, there'd had been 50k there last night. At least.

AdamFarr - When we were doing well in 2004-2006, I'm pretty sure we were a top 5 team when it came to crowd averages. Something in the 45k range. We almost got 40,000 at the G on a Saturday afternoon when we played West Coast in 2005. We can pull big crowds. Had we been up a flying, there'd had been 50k there last night. At least.

I was definitely at that game, was that the game where Sampi took that mark? I don't remember there being that many. Perhaps, it's just been too long between drinks?

From the 39 384 (??) people who were there, seriously, there would have been perhaps 1000 - 1500 Dees fans there.

You put the word 'seriously' in there, then you make a ridiculous comment. You actually think, of the 39,000 people there, that there were only 1500 of us? Come on rusty. At worst it would have been 10,000 to 29,000.

You put the word 'seriously' in there, then you make a ridiculous comment. You actually think, of the 39,000 people there, that there were only 1500 of us? Come on rusty. At worst it would have been 10,000 to 29,000.

29k is a bit far off. Sitting bottom deck of the ponsford where the biggest concentration of melb supporters were sitting it was still not much more then 50/50. Top deck of the sth stand was 90-10 dorks, top deck of nth 60:40 dawks, MCC 50:50 rest of the ground 90:10.

Suggest 5k-10k is closer to the mark. Very ordinary effort by dees supporters, did my bit to make up for it!

I made an effort to go to the last Sunday twilight game when we played Adelaide. By the time I drive to the local station, catch the train, then walk/tram/train from Southern Cross to the 'G, it takes me nearly two hours. Then I froze my socks off, saw a totally lacklustre game, and by the time we had something to eat on the way back, got home well after 10.00pm.

This time I didn't go. Sunday evening is a stupid time to hold a game and these twilight games are a sure-fire way of keeping me away.

i was in the mcc area and had 3 friends with me and there was a bit of a mix.. there are usually a fair few dees supporters in the mcc area every week though!

There was only one thing more disapointing than the demons performance today, and that was the lack of supposed 'supporters'.

From the 39 384 (??) people who were there, seriously, there would have been perhaps 1000 - 1500 Dees fans there.

What is it going to take for these 'supporters' to get off their arse and what the team that they supposedly 'support'.

I can fully appreciate that it may have been a little late for some who need to catch trains, get the kids of to bed etc etc, however, roughly 38 000 Hawthorn fans can do it.

After some impressive performances in the last couple of weeks, it was a very very poor turn out indeed.

We bang on about how commentators like Brian Taylor pay fans and the club no respect, well how about you rock up!

Look its simple. The Game was on at a very un family time (unless you were at Home watching Fox at Home with Dinner on the Knee)

We as a club have not won a flag since 64 & after 45 years are still on the Bottom. Not all supporters are as passionate as the people on here. Start Winning & the numbers will return.

There were 8-10,000 Demons there last night.

It was a [censored] to get Home so Connex take some blame.

Twilight Saturday is OK, twilight Sunday is actually horrible.

I go every week rain, hail or hangover, but even I question if I'd make it to every Sunday twlight game.

Sunday evenings are when most people have a nice relax at home before the week ahead, the Sun goes down and I like to relax before thinking about Monday. I absolutely loathe having to get home after 8pm on a Sunday.

I was definitely at that game, was that the game where Sampi took that mark? I don't remember there being that many. Perhaps, it's just been too long between drinks?

No. It was the first of our 7 game losing streak. We were 2nd, WC were 1st. You're thinking of a game from a few years early.

No. It was the first of our 7 game losing streak. We were 2nd, WC were 1st. You're thinking of a game from a few years early.

Yeah, round 13, 2005. West Coast were 1st and we were 2nd. Official crowd was 35.653.

Everything went to rubbish after that game.

And just on Sunday nights crwod. I was top of the Olympic Stand and there were plenty of Demons up there. When we're out numbered it always looks worse than it really is, especially if the team isn't doing much on the field to excite the supporters.

I would say it was about 30,000 Hawks and 9,000 Demons.

Still a disappointing turnout but not as disgracful as some on this thread have suggested.

When the team turns the corner, the supporters will return. Build it, and they will come.

And just on Sunday nights crwod. I was top of the Olympic Stand and there were plenty of Demons up there. When we're out numbered it always looks worse than it really is, especially if the team isn't doing much on the field to excite the supporters.

I would say it was about 30,000 Hawks and 9,000 Demons.

Still a disappointing turnout but not as disgracful as some on this thread have suggested.

When the team turns the corner, the supporters will return. Build it, and they will come.

Totally agree, These Twilight games are designed for Foxtel TV. When we are winning & kicking larger scores these timeslots will be hand balled to the Kangaroos & Tigers! Over the past 3 years i am amazed our crowds have been so large considering the type of football being played. Granted 2009 is vastly improving but we are still 1-9. (Imagine if the Kangaroos were on 1-9, & there games were twilight at the 'G)..Be Patient & the masses will Roll up. Those wearing a brand new scarf looking for the Gents!!

Look its simple. The Game was on at a very un family time (unless you were at Home watching Fox at Home with Dinner on the Knee)

We as a club have not won a flag since 64 & after 45 years are still on the Bottom. Not all supporters are as passionate as the people on here. Start Winning & the numbers will return.

There were 8-10,000 Demons there last night.

It was a [censored] to get Home so Connex take some blame.

Look, I see what you're saying, 'why you little', but it doesn't make it right. We've got too many of these soft 'supporters'. It's not even really about being passionate. It finished at 8.30 for christs sake! How early are we getting to bed in these parts? And as I've said already, we can't use the family thing as an excuse. I saw plenty of Hawthorn families. Granted they're doing well and won a premiership last year. Still, it's not acceptable. Get along to the games everyone.

Totally agree, These Twilight games are designed for Foxtel TV. When we are winning & kicking larger scores these timeslots will be hand balled to the Kangaroos & Tigers! Over the past 3 years i am amazed our crowds have been so large considering the type of football being played. Granted 2009 is vastly improving but we are still 1-9. (Imagine if the Kangaroos were on 1-9, & there games were twilight at the 'G)..Be Patient & the masses will Roll up. Those wearing a brand new scarf looking for the Gents!!

It's funny and hypercritical, because they're the ones that give me the shits, but in saying that I'd love to see them everywhere. Hawthorn have about 40,000 of them.

Look, I see what you're saying, 'why you little', but it doesn't make it right. We've got too many of these soft 'supporters'. It's not even really about being passionate. It finished at 8.30 for christs sake! How early are we getting to bed in these parts? And as I've said already, we can't use the family thing as an excuse. I saw plenty of Hawthorn families. Granted they're doing well and won a premiership last year. Still, it's not acceptable. Get along to the games everyone.

Its not a matter of whether its right or wrong, These matches are part of Foxtels Contract. Hey I went, but if i had 3 kids who were going to school the next day i wouldn't have.

Its to hard to get them to sleep after food & Drinks & Hopefully Excitement.

Blame ch 7 for running there patheticly Drawn out Delayed Telecast, then they wouldn't need the twilight fixture.

The System is set so that no 2 games are on air at the same time (other than different states)

I know its frustrating but until we start winning consistently our crowds will be small, Too long between Drinks. Us Humans like to watch Winning & its been too long.

I do Believe this Board is getting things right, but our fixture will be quite ordinary for at least 2 years.

At least we are getting Positive Press now-Regulairly. It will turn around.

In 1964 the EH Holden was the new Model, a long time ago.....