Addam Maric

Ghost

Didn't look lost to me. Just rushed everything and lacked poise.

Don't see the point of dropping him. If he has 2-3 more like that, confidence might be an issue and might need a spell at Casey but Maric should be encouraged to go again. The games quick but Maric was playing supersonic and acted like there was 22 Usain Bolts playing for Geelong.

You'll be fine young fella.

He had a shocker today. I agree with you JC, he should be safe for several more games at least. He just needs to spend time with the Teacher (aka DB) and learn everything that's there to learn (lots) from today.

he's the new Colin Sylvia... Just needs Yze_Magic to jump off him, and stop weighing him down, and he'll be good to go...

Is Yze Magic on him as well now Cameron Bruce might live to fight another day now that the noose is loosened around his neck a little. However in all reality nobody takes YM seriously? Do they?

A poor game, very minimal experience, against a great side, and we want to chuck him to the wolves?

That makes us very ordinary in my opinion, and why shouldn't need to be explained. Pathetic.

The kid's just finished year 12, he's been injured and he's come back and played well for Casey. He's only played half a dozen games at senior level. Give him a few more games!

At junior level he was probably the most accurate kick in the competition, so let's see how he develops in the big time. Give the kids a go.

Give him time everyone. He had a good piece of play in the 3rd applying some pressure to keep the ball inside the forawrd 50 which resulted in Robbo's 3rd. Wonna didn't do anything for Casey on saturday to demand an immediate return so Maric will play next week. Will be a good player, just needs the time and unfortunatly didn't have the game we all wanted him to today.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Was really looking forward to seeing Maric play today.

Safe to say he had a stinker. Seemed as though everything he did, he made a mess of.

Yep he over egged the pudding most of the time but I'm not going to worry about that unless I see it happen like that all year. The bit that made me see a big future for the boy was that he knows how to get the ball and he seems to have good balance in the contest. The couple of times he looked like he was about to be knocked down or out of the contest he was able to keep his feet and stay in the play. A fella that can do that and find the ball is going to be a very valuable player for his team.

Forget his disposal for a minute.

Many times he got it under increadable pressure with no support. Even in a game where there were many geelong players fumbling maric was a one touch player all day.

If only we had more of them!

Definately back next week for me. Couldn't have another day by foot like this, we all have a lot to look forward to in maric.

This forum just makes me shake my head in disarray sometimes. It really does.

GTFO it. I was more interested in how our 4th/5th/6th year players like Sylvia, Bate, Brock, Miller were going to perform, because these are blokes leading us who are nearing the typical peaking age of a footballer. I will wait until 20-30 games to make an assumption on Maric.

I've never heard anyone with their name ending in 'ic' pronouncing it 'ick'. It'd be 'Ma-rich'.

I have -- had a mate whose last name was Saric. It probably was pronounced 'Saritch' (like Maritch) deep in the name's history, but names get bastardised all the time, especially when cultural lines are crossed. I know plenty of people who have had their surnames 'tweaked' a bit over the years since coming to Australia.

My comments seem to have been misunderstood.

I'm sorry if people felt I was merely being critical of Addam's performance on Sunday because that was never my intention. I wouldn't single out a young player like that.

The point I was trying to make was a general point concerning the 'hype' surrounding some of our young players. I used Addam as an example. Jack Grimes is another that comes to mind.

Maric had played only five games before Sunday and Jack Grimes has played just one. Yet you can read many posts on here about how they are going to be great players, even being deemed 'premiership quality.' You can also read how James Strauss and Sam Blease are going to be in our 'best 22 in 2010' before they've even played a game for the Casey seniors.

I used Maric's disappointing game on Sunday as an example of why we should be more measured in our expectations and estimations of players so young. I feel in some cases they have been over-hyped before they've really got themselves settled.

Like I said, the rebuilding process will be long with many ups and downs and the young players will thrill us as much as they will disappoint and frustrate us. Addam's performance yesterday was disappointing, but that's all it was.

He will be better for it and I am sure he will respond when he gets the chance, whether that be next week, next month or whenever.

Like I said, my intention was not to be merely critical of Addam's game on Sunday but to make a broader point about undue 'hype' for our younger players. Sorry again if people took it any other way.

Guest petjud
My comments seem to have been misunderstood.

I'm sorry if people felt I was merely being critical of Addam's performance on Sunday because that was never my intention. I wouldn't single out a young player like that.

The point I was trying to make was a general point concerning the 'hype' surrounding some of our young players. I used Addam as an example. Jack Grimes is another that comes to mind.

Maric had played only five games before Sunday and Jack Grimes has played just one. Yet you can read many posts on here about how they are going to be great players, even being deemed 'premiership quality.' You can also read how James Strauss and Sam Blease are going to be in our 'best 22 in 2010' before they've even played a game for the Casey seniors.

I used Maric's disappointing game on Sunday as an example of why we should be more measured in our expectations and estimations of players so young. I feel in some cases they have been over-hyped before they've really got themselves settled.

Like I said, the rebuilding process will be long with many ups and downs and the young players will thrill us as much as they will disappoint and frustrate us. Addam's performance yesterday was disappointing, but that's all it was.

He will be better for it and I am sure he will respond when he gets the chance, whether that be next week, next month or whenever.

Like I said, my intention was not to be merely critical of Addam's game on Sunday but to make a broader point about undue 'hype' for our younger players. Sorry again if people took it any other way.

..undue hype on young players and constant unchanging harping criticism of the same players on Demonland I am surprised, I made the same point as you on another thread before he got picked, but a voice of reason is a quiet voice, it never gets heard over the baying of the crowd......

I know for a fact that maric is a good small talented forward and is capable of taking good marks and out running oppositions in the midfield and when he was chosen to play geelong i really thought he would be our main player but finished with giving away 2 free kicks and 4 clangers in out defensive 50. i dunno what do u guys think. and what player do u think he will become.

Guest Cleveland_Steamer

He will be a star, and anyone who writes him off after that game has rocks in their head.