Seniors at 7.00pm

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Panozza Silvagni Grimes

Half Backs Cheney Faulks McKenzie

Centreline Matthews Valenti McNamara

Half Forwards Jurrah Wall Maric

Forwards Moore Robertson Liddle

Followers Spencer MaCreadie Bartram

Interchange (from) P Johnson Jones McGough McLeod Matheson Mohr Petterd Stockdale Vernon Whelan Waite Zomer

PORT MELBOURNE

Backs Pleming Dalton Brewer

Half Backs Dillon Baird McGrath

Centreline Nixon Grima Batsanis

Half Forwards Cain Raymond Dwyer

Forwards McLaren Bonaddio Smith

Followers Fanning Pinwill McMahon

Interchange (from) Burstin Hassett Martin Milhuisen Mullins O'Keefe Robbins Thomas

Reserves at 4.00pm

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Whelan Zomer Costigan

Half Backs Schrape Williams McLeod

Centreline Collins Chivers Scanlon

Half Forwards Bolton Hughes Oldmeadow

Forwards Watts Waite Virtue

Followers Patti Healey Blaser

Interchange (from) Benbow Clay Crespin Hillberge Lees Mazurek Mildren Sykes Terry Vernon

Source: CASEY SCORPIONS WEBSITE

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CASEY SCORPIONS v PORT MELBOURNE at Casey Fields on Saturday 18 April 2009

Seniors at 7.00pm

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Panozza Silvagni Grimes

Half Backs Cheney Faulks McKenzie

Centreline Matthews Valenti McNamara

Half Forwards Jurrah Wall Maric

Forwards Moore Robertson Liddle

Followers Spencer MaCreadie Bartram

Interchange (from) P Johnson Jones McGough McLeod Matheson Mohr Petterd Stockdale Vernon Whelan Waite Zomer

PORT MELBOURNE

Backs Pleming Dalton Brewer

Half Backs Dillon Baird McGrath

Centreline Nixon Grima Batsanis

Half Forwards Cain Raymond Dwyer

Forwards McLaren Bonaddio Smith

Followers Fanning Pinwill McMahon

Interchange (from) Burstin Hassett Martin Milhuisen Mullins O'Keefe Robbins Thomas

Reserves at 7.00pm

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Whelan Zomer Costigan

Half Backs Schrape Williams McLeod

Centreline Collins Chivers Scanlon

Half Forwards Bolton Hughes Oldmeadow

Forwards Watts Waite Virtue

Followers Patti Healey Blaser

Interchange (from) Benbow Clay Crespin Hillberge Lees Mazurek Mildren Sykes Terry Vernon

Source: CASEY SCORPIONS WEBSITE

The resurrection begins. Also nice to see Grimes is playing in the seniors. Hopefully Robbo won't get too upset by some jibes from the opposition supporters :-)

The resurrection begins. Also nice to see grimes is playing in the seniors. Hopefully Robbo won't get too upset by some gibes from the opposition supporters :-)

they had Robbo on nine news tonight, and he was talking about how Watts would play his first game this week... was talking about how they jokingly call him "The Saviour" around the club... will be interesting if that name sticks...

Bail????????????????????? Was one of our best vs Coburg in the last praccy match. What's his injury?

Well picked up. Will attempt to find out and post reply.

Pffft... Watts should be playing seniors... and by seniors I mean AFL... ;)

On a serious note, great to see his hard work pay off with a reward of playing some competitive football, and fantastic to see Grimesy back on the field.

i think its good to play watts in the 2s, just because playing against port melbourne, the top team... in terms of gf last year and smashing the reigning premiers...

But if he did play ones look at that forward line...

Also those that watch will see (mandy) moore was promoted.. He kicked 5 last week (4 in the 2nd qtr)

He is basically the same as newton!

I mean this in the way he has talent, can mark and a pretty good shot at goal. But can go missing and misdirects a lot of aggression...

If he doesnt kick at least eight goals in the 2nds I will cry.

Keep it in your pants.

I think the club will be happy for him just to get through the game unscathed. No injuries, a couple of nice marks and a few goals would suffice. Remember this kid has had like ten weeks of pre-season, and does maybe two sessions a week while going to school 5 days a week.

Let's hope this board doesn't go into "Omfg Watts iz da terible!111" mode if he doesn't kick 10. :rolleyes:

get your kleenex out then, to be honest I don't think he'll play a full game... expect him to play a half or so... if he kicks a couple that'd be a great return...

hope your joking mate.

My expectation- Prolly play a half of football, have fun, dont stress, if you kick a goal or two thats a bonus.

Start of a loooooooooooooong journey and has not played a game in a looooooooooooonnnnnnng time. Let him go out there and have fun and find his feet.

Could care less if he kicks no goals, just get the games under the belt and take it from there with no long term injuries...

Great to see Wheels, McNamara and Grimey named in the 1's, not sure all will play in the 1's once the Melb squad is finalised. Bail and Strauss que?

To be honest, i am pretty disappointed to see Watts play in the Magoos

The 2nds at VFL level is about the equivalent of playing Nar Nar Goon 2's.

Unless he is chronically underdone ATM, I would have thought he played in a much more competitive team. Particually if he is preparing for AFL level.

Unless he is chronically underdone ATM, I would have thought he played in a much more competitive team. Particually if he is preparing for AFL level.

He is on limited game time. Any player who is on limited game time will return via the reserves. Casey cannot run out with 21.5 players each week just because it suits us.

Tennis doesn't start until after ANZAC day, so I will be able to make it for the early game; I'll stay for the Seniors as well. Since I like to sit in the open, I will dress warm.

I will give a report on all of the Melbourne players.

Your MFC membership gets you free entry.

To be honest, i am pretty disappointed to see Watts play in the Magoos

The 2nds at VFL level is about the equivalent of playing Nar Nar Goon 2's.

VFL ressies will still be a higher level than he's ever played before