Dwayne Russell

Ghost

Did anyone else hear on the commentary Dwayne Russell defend the mere 21,000 crowd that turned up for the game at AAMI on Sunday. He said something like it was a good turnout for an Easter sunday. I almost choked. I wonder if he would have defended a similar turnout if the game were a Melbourne home game at the MCG. No, it would have been dismissed as further proof that we should be killed off or some such garbage.

played up syliva's report outrageously too

I heard that and I thought what he said and the way he responded was ****ing disgraceful.

I am glad he was inflicted with the name "Dwayne" from birth and I'd probably had a chip on my shoulder too with a bestowing like that.

Guest petjud

We were at the game and some of their supporters were a bit surprised so many turned up on an Easter Sunday, their worst fears was that it would only be about 15000, another point for us spoilt Melburnians, to sit in the grandstand cost us $37.50 each. Their financial woes made the front page of the local newspaper on Monday.. And we were both astonished that when Port stalled or kicked backwards they actually got booed........strange state of affairs there and we think we have problems

I actually wonder about posters who get steamed up by Dwayne's comments. Throw away hot air pitched to a certain demographic.

If you dont like him change stations.

I wasted a bit of time getting annoyed about Dwayne when he first appeared on Fox Footy. I quickly worked out that he is worst commentator in the business and I'm yet to hear anything that makes me think otherwise since. Now whenever I'm forced to endure his commentary, I simply bear this in mind any time he says anything, and all my annoyance disappears.

I actually wonder about posters who get steamed up by Dwayne's comments. Throw away hot air pitched to a certain demographic.

If you dont like him change stations.

Errrr...it was Foxtel Live boofhead.

Not a matter of changing stations.

Duh-waynes comments are actually pretty damaging in the context of our struggling club lacking respect. It's not just him. We seem to have plenty of enemies in the media (and few friends) who compound the negative perceptions of our club. You might not think that matters but it sure doesn't help.

Errrr...it was Foxtel Live boofhead.

Not a matter of changing stations.

Duh-waynes comments are actually pretty damaging in the context of our struggling club lacking respect. It's not just him. We seem to have plenty of enemies in the media (and few friends) who compound the negative perceptions of our club. You might not think that matters but it sure doesn't help.

Like I said Duh-wayne appeals "to a certain demographic." :rolleyes:

I did not realise it was far worse than I thought.

Try to change the T..V.. station if it upsets you too much tulip. Otherwise get your Mum to do it.

I can't stand Russell and have no doubt that he has no regard whatsoever for the MFC. He was a crap 50 game footballer that got lucky in the media through an untimely death. He's also a South Australian with a chip on his shoulder. Most South Australians don't like 10 clubs in Victoria, so it's only natural that our club would be on his radar. Unfortunately, we as a club give ammunition to pricks like Russell. Hopefully that's started to change.

That said, he didn't offend me with his commentary on Sunday. He was more balanced than I expected.

Like I said Duh-wayne appeals "to a certain demographic." :rolleyes:

I did not realise it was far worse than I thought.

Try to change the T..V.. station if it upsets you too much tulip. Otherwise get your Mum to do it.

Awesome work, Moderator.

Sunday, I thought Dwayne was less aggravating than usual, although he did slip in a narky mention about Melbourne winning last quarters being "fool's gold" and doubled that up on The Winners.

Danny Frawley was worse. No wonder he was a dud spud as a coach, he is a terrible communicator.

He was dreadful on Sunday.

Other Frawleyisms here and here.

Dwayne is a dwickhead!

He is a no-name in a profession occupied by past greats and champions. He is very insecure and makes ridiculous and controversial comments to get noticed. Fortunately it doesn't work too often.

WILSON! Nah Dwayne's the nerdy guy next to the WILSON guy. Man that ad is old, I can't believe it's resurfaced.

It will be one of life's pleasures to stick it up people like Dwayne when we get competitive again. He is without doubt the most arrogant commentator going around and he treats Melbourne with no respect whatsoever. If it wasn't for the MFC he wouldn't have lived the life he has...there wouldn't be an AFL! So perhaps the next time he shoots off his mouth about putting an end to our club, he should think again and wonder just where he'd be if he couldn't make a living from Australian Rules Football. It's people like Dwayne that provide yet another excuse for our executives to get tough and start trying to flex some muscle again. We shouldn't be pushed around by these lightweights!

I wasted a bit of time getting annoyed about Dwayne when he first appeared on Fox Footy. I quickly worked out that he is worst commentator in the business and I'm yet to hear anything that makes me think otherwise since. Now whenever I'm forced to endure his commentary, I simply bear this in mind any time he says anything, and all my annoyance disappears.

He's got company. Rex, Tony Shaw, Robert Walls, Malcolm Blight.............photo finish for worst.