Moloney - The old beamer

Morton - Showed his run

Petterd - Lacked any impact

Rivers - Easily our best

Sylvia - Did he play?

Warnock - Good defensive display

Spencer - Murdered in ruck.

Guest unstable punt

Spencer's got to be given a rest, we have been murdered in the ruck both games, Fraser BOG and McIntosh BOG last week.

Guest unstable punt

Robbo should be back in by round 4 or 5 and l reckon Watts should be pushed along to be in the team 2nd half of year, Bate might need a break as well, he's been crap both games

Bartram - tries; goes missing

Bate - better yet poor

Bennell - needs VFL practise

Bruce - really poor disposal

Cheney - better last week

Davey - BOG by far

Frawley - takes game on

Green - good strong effort

Jetta - needs VFL practise

Johnson - smashed by Fraser

Jones - more poor disposal

Martin - he's been better

McDonald - never stops running

McLean - his worst game

Miller - only one half

Moloney - good at stoppages

Morton - much improved performance

Petterd - underused by coaches

Rivers - another sterling effort

Sylvia - useless performance again

Warnock - BOG for us

Spencer - a future prospect

Spencer's got to be given a rest, we have been murdered in the ruck both games, Fraser BOG and McIntosh BOG last week.

I'd attribute that more to PJ than Spencer. Johnson was awful today.

Spot on.

Although Petterd needs to be persisted with as a forward. He gives us another dimension as that medium-sized forward that can play smaller and taller (a bit like Robbo really). Obviously he won't see much action when we're getting smashed in the middle, but than none of the forwards will.

Also I think poor Miller fights his heart out, and battles really well against 2 or 3 opponents at a time. He rarely gets soundly beaten in a contest, and more often than not will create a spilage, if he doesn't manage to grab the ball. The issue of course is his kicking. He has to learn to convert. If he finished with 3.0 instead of 1.2 you'd say he had a very good game. As a third option he is excellent, but he ain't no Franklin and he can't do it on his own. Bate is complete hopeless inside the forward 50 right now, which doesn't help of course.

Martin is going to be a gun when he learns to really tighten up on his opponent, because his skills for a big man are awesome. Love him :D

Martin was better than given credit IMO, pulled down at least 2 or 3 contested marks under great pressure and was generally good on a dangerous player, just my opinion

Sylvia and Miller were providing good targets early...Miller went missing for a while but flasehed in and out...Sylvia must have had to leave for work at quarter time or something, not sighted from then on

Agree absolutely. He was completely outbodied in the centre and at the stoppages.

He also has poor no defensive pressure for a "mobile" player allowing his opposite ruckman two weeks running to drift in the F50 mark uncontested and goal.

Although Petterd needs to be persisted with as a forward. He gives us another dimension as that medium-sized forward that can play smaller and taller (a bit like Robbo really). Obviously he won't see much action when we're getting smashed in the middle, but than none of the forwards will.

Petterd needs to be pushed further up the ground, Bailey was playing him as a deep forward today (with Bate playing further up the ground). Chuck him on the forward flank.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER

in fairness to miller, ricky hatton couldnt hit him any harder than the knock he got, i thought martin was fantastic, bruce, green, davey, pettard, macca, and warnock deserves every dollar he earns, he never gives up.

We should have been up by 3 goals at half time and that made all the diff..... Missed crucial goals and didnt turn up after half time..... We need to mstop play touch footy at training and learn how to bepressure the ball carriers.

Bartram - just a tagger

Bate - still too slow

Bennell - not just yet

Bruce - 30 meaningless touches (missed a crucial goal form 45m out with no pressure which would have made all the diff)

Cheney - todays disposal = ROT

Davey - wont get it as easy again but well used

Frawley - has a go

Green - one of the better

Jetta - not actually quick and goes half hearted

Johnson - strugglin at mo and still not accountable

Jones - learn how to kick and poor perception of pressure

Martin - very good despite leaking 4

McDonald - so so player

McLean - slow and struggling

Miller - good start and thats all

Moloney - couldnt repeat LW

Morton - an ok game

Petterd - lack of oppotunaties

Rivers - still the general

Sylvia - another to miss a goal, average first up run

Warnock - continues LW form

Spencer - tries but poor skills

Martin is going to be a gun when he learns to really tighten up on his opponent, because his skills for a big man are awesome. Love him :D

Correct. Martin can play football, and has more skill in him than a lot of other Melbourne players. But he had a problem today of trying to do too much. He constantly left his man to help others out, sometimes it just wasn't needed. He played on Anthony, who really, we have to say, beat him soundly. Then he was moved on to Cloke for 2 minutes, and conceded another 2 goals. But Martin's shown enough for us to know that he will make a very handy defender.

Agree absolutely. He was completely outbodied in the centre and at the stoppages.

He also has poor no defensive pressure for a "mobile" player allowing his opposite ruckman two weeks running to drift in the F50 mark uncontested and goal.

Exactly

and didnt J Rivers aka THE GENERAL give it to him when he had to stand the mark of the Fraser goal.....

But Martin's shown enough for us to know that he will make a very handy defender.

His skills are more suited to the forward line IMO, and he should play there long-term.

Garland going down is the shittiest injury we've had since the Rivers-McLean-Moloney triple whammy, simply for the versatility and run that we lose when he's not there.

Warnock and Frawley - tie for BOG for us

IMO they should feel VERY proud of themselves after their performances today.

I admit I used to get so frusturated with Frawley and struggled to see how he could possibly improve, but I've done the biggest flip of opinions and rate him very highly. He's composed under pressure, consistently provides a good contest and I feel, with Warnock, is doing a terrific job down in the backline. Massssssive improvements.

I think it was Frawley who grabbed Cheney around the shoulder and gave him a couple of words of advice after he kicked it straight to a Pie which resulted in a goal.

Hope he can keep this up for many years. :)

I'm at a complete loss with Bruce and Sylvia. Hungover again were we Col?

FRAWLEY 20 y.o

MARTIN 22

WARNOCK 25

RIVERS 24

GARLAND 20

We actually have some really good defenders that will improve. The problem is we have too many as none of the above are effective if swung forward....

We need to build out dorward line and pick up midfeilders as we go along....

Morton needs to be the CHF and Watts FF within 2 years!

His skills are more suited to the forward line IMO, and he should play there long-term.

Garland going down is the shittiest injury we've had since the Rivers-McLean-Moloney triple whammy, simply for the versatility and run that we lose when he's not there.

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a forward either. But if the decision is made to play him forward, or back, it is imperative that at this early stage in his career, he stays there. Miller provides the perfect example of how to ruin someone's development by shifting them back and foward all the time.

Garland's injury worries me. It's the same bone that's kept Egan out for 3 years.

Bruce turned over every possession.

Does it every week, and has been doing it now for 3 years.

Yet he retains his spot continually.

Bailey needs to show hes not another Neale Daniher and make an early stetement by dropping him.

Martin was better than given credit IMO, pulled down at least 2 or 3 contested marks under great pressure and was generally good on a dangerous player, just my opinion

Martin was very good. As was Warnock and Frawley.

GC17 gonna make a play.

Cale Morton was very good too. I'm thinking too many people are expecting him to be a star right now and expecting every single disposal/decision to be elite which of course is ridiculous.