Herald Sun SuperCoach

deeflog

Okay... well lets add to this discussion. I'm always interested in the values of our players and how they are ranked. Here is the MFC top 10 in the HeraldSun Supercoach:

1. Brad Green - $532,200

2. Cameron Bruce - $515,800

3. Paul Wheatley - $501,200

4. Brock McLean - $487,600

5. Matthew Whealan - $472,400

6 James McDonald - $460,200

7. Aaron Davey - $425,300

8 Colin Sylvia - $406,500

9. Matthew Bate - $402,700

10. Paul Johnson - $398,400

I find it interesting to have Sylvia and Bate so high. I think Sylvia would be a good pick up for the price.

Melbourne Rankings can be found here:

Melbourne SuperCoach Rankings

Gippy

here's my starting point prior to NAB comp(s)

Interesting Rivers price being that he has not played in 2years, also cousins above 400k is a joke he is effectively a rookie player.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1951/supercoachos4.jpg

He is also a brownlow medalist and premiership player, oh, and gun footballer.

here's my starting point prior to NAB comp(s)

Interesting Rivers price being that he has not played in 2years, also cousins above 400k is a joke he is effectively a rookie player.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1951/supercoachos4.jpg

Oops. Looks like you made the schoolboy error of picking too many players from the club you support. Never works.

Even if one is a hit, they usually end up stealing stats from each other, unless its a team like Geelong.

Each league is restricted to 16 teams.....

I aws actually going to start up another DemonLand league, but I'm sure someone else has beaten me to it....

More than likely will be more announced in this thread by the end of the day :P

Oops. Looks like you made the schoolboy error of picking too many players from the club you support. Never works.

Even if one is a hit, they usually end up stealing stats from each other, unless its a team like Geelong.

A lot are weighted in the back half, Did well last year with this model as I expect plenty of ball down there! :lol:

Also Do the prices change during the NAB cup? my logic is to get the best young players now see who shows a bit during NAB and make appropriate changes prior to rd 1.

But I'll Put out the challenge...... Pls name better scoring players for the same or less price as the following MFC:

Back Line

Buckley, S $ 362,600 - is a ball magnet, clangers hurt him last year but with brock/beamer back hopefully this will improve

Grimes, J $ 188,400 - Big chance of rising star nomination, even award this year IMO, good value at 188k

Bartram, C $ 279,200 - Good value at this price IMO but 3rd choice behind SB and JG

Mid

Morton, C $ 327,800 - same as SB

Moloney, B $ 389,000 - Hard ball winner, good by foot, tackles well.

Strauss, J $ 94,200 - to have Ablett, Hodge + Judd rookies have to play due to salery cap. silky finisher likely to play this year, Already have rich(BL) and Swift (WC)

Johnson, P $ 398,400 - Likely to get a mess of the ball this year, best value ruckman IMO

Spencer, J $ 83,400 - Good chance to get a game this year, could be the bargen of the year

Fwd - Probably my weekness at the moment due to salery cap, but would prefer a star midfield.

Jurrah, L $ 144,200 - Have Fev, Deledio, harvs, pav need salery cap room, likely to play this year

Watts, J $174,200 - As above, already have Sidebottom, Schoenmakers, Sibosado, as well.

I've never done this, hmmm should i bother?

be careful, it can become very addictive!

Also for me personally I have found it has added interest in non mfc games which prev I would not have cared about but will actually watch. Perfect example will be sat night. Good chance to have a look at swift and sidebottom.

I dunno where to start, where do i sign up? I know very little about toher teams let alone their players, aside the obvious.

click on this link... http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au

register with email and password. Everything works on a salery cap. have a look at my earlier post I have a link to my starting point to get you started!

I was having an interesting thought, but needs 16 email addresses to do it.

Basically take what is seen as the current best for each side and enter them in for the season and see where they finish without substitution during the year. I think there would be some real suprises!

for all of you who are interested, supercoach has been launched for the 2009 season. get in quick because there is only 51 days until the next lock out :D ;)

OK I am a Super Coach Novice, I have entered a mate's private leauge,I have read through all the rules & selected

my Team. As easy as that sounds it drove me insane. :wacko:

Can someone share with me any previous experiance of what works & what to avoid?

Any advice appreciatted.

OK I am a Super Coach Novice, I have entered a mate's private leauge,I have read through all the rules & selected

my Team. As easy as that sounds it drove me insane. :wacko:

Can someone share with me any previous experiance of what works & what to avoid?

Any advice appreciatted.

I pick a couple of blue chip players ie. cox, bartel, franklin etc on all lines and make up the rest with mid range players who I believe will increase in value ie; Petterd, Araon Edwards and some young players like veszpremi, grimes. The rest are players who have played less that three games but are likely to play early on ie Ziebell, Vickery, Srauss, Bail, hill, swift etc etc. These players can often be the best value but are also hit and miss. Keep an eye on the pre-season comp and pick a few young players who are doing well but haven't debuted.

Trade prudently and don't use too many trades early. You dont have to use all your salary cap. i like to have a little in reserve to upgrade to a class form player.