• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Casey Fields - The Next Big Thing.

Redleg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fatty
That makes 2 of us

Well be careful, because, God forbid, you might be accused of being a blue-blood for wanting to get a train to watch a game of footy.

Rogue - you had every right to delete my post although I'm not sure why HT decided to step in and mediate. But as the thread stands, Montasauras has referred to me as something to which I do not belong and now I have no right of reply.

Am I allowed to refute his claim or is it allowed to stand unchallenged? I refer to you for your best judgement.

Guest fatty
i suspect that unless there is a long room there forget it!!!

If you're going to pull other posts, why can't you pull this one?

I found it insulting - far more than a "throwing shoe" joke.

Gutless, pricks.

Guest melbman

Barring some time interstate, I've been catching the train or driving to the G for nearly 30 years without complaint. It takes me over an hour each way and I've love to see a game at Casey where I can halve my travel time. The outer East will be well served if games are played there. The inner city will always have the bulk of the games and have had more than their share since the loss of VFL park.

Me thinks it is a great idea to have Dees games out there for low attendance games, good for the clubs finances, good for the outer East, good for future support base & good for me and my kids :lol:

i suspect that unless there is a long room there forget it!!!

If you're going to pull other posts, why can't you pull this one?

I found it insulting - far more than a "throwing shoe" joke.

Fwiw I'm a MCC/MFC member Monty and I'd go to Casey. I can also understand if someone doesn't want to venture out to Casey because of personal reasons, they're entitled to do what they want to do. With regard to the long room.....that's a little childish.

Fwiw I'm a MCC/MFC member Monty and I'd go to Casey. I can also understand if someone doesn't want to venture out to Casey because of personal reasons, they're entitled to do what they want to do. With regard to the long room.....that's a little childish.

Didn't mean it that way guys, I actually thought people may find it a little funny... The old establishment vs a bright new future. If people find it offensive I will remove it. Childish- maybe a little but we can't all be that serious all the time can we? - post has been edited

Pls don't take it as a shot at MCC/MFC members, they are an equally valuable part of our great club. However there are many melbourne barrakers that are full MCC members, can easily afford a MFC membership but won't pay for it. That was the section of people I was taking a shot at! and theres a chance you would find them leading an anti casey development

Guest fatty
Didn't mean it that way guys, I actually thought people may find it a little funny... The old establishment vs a bright new future. If people find it offensive I will remove it. Childish- maybe a little but we can't all be that serious all the time can we?

Pls don't take it as a shot at MCC/MFC members, they are an equally valuable part of our great club. However there are many melbourne barrakers that are full MCC members, can easily afford a MFC membership but won't pay for it. That was the section of people I was taking a shot at! and theres a chance you would find them leading an anti casey development

Who? What section of people are you talking about? What MCC members can afford an MFC membership? Can you please explain what section of people you are talking about. Who are you taking a shot at? What are the chances they oppose a Casey development? What are you gasping on about?

Who? What section of people are you talking about? What MCC members can afford an MFC membership? Can you please explain what section of people you are talking about. Who are you taking a shot at? What are the chances they oppose a Casey development? What are you gasping on about?

Calm the fu%& down man.

He's having a shot at people like me, who have been an MCC member for years, but only just signed on as an MFC member for the first time last year.

And there are lots more like me that still haven't bought an MFC membership.

Yes, I am a bad person.

Get over it. Move on.

FWIW even if he was having a shot at people like me, i've got no animosity towards monty. I think there's a good point in there somewhere.

But i doubt he was anyway. Just settle down....

And i support all facets of the Casey movement.

I hope we do play a game or 2 there, even though it'll add at least an hour to my trip.

I'll bleed for this club & if i have to go to Rejkjavik or Sao Paulo to see them play, i'll do it.

Whatever it takes to survive & flourish.

Now get back to work :P

Calm the fu%& down man.

He's having a shot at people like me, who have been an MCC member for years, but only just signed on as an MFC member for the first time last year.

Yes, I am a bad person.

Get over it. Move on.

FWIW even if he was having a shot at people like me, i've got no animosity towards monty. I think there's a good point in there somewhere.

No Your not a bad person - you have seen the light . I know what I am talking about as I was once a sole MCC member as well.

"Get over it. Move on". - Couldn't have put it any better

Didn't mean it that way guys, I actually thought people may find it a little funny... The old establishment vs a bright new future. If people find it offensive I will remove it. Childish- maybe a little but we can't all be that serious all the time can we? - post has been edited

Personally I didn't find it offensive at all. Others may differ....

Like your edited version. haha.

And i support all facets of the Casey movement.

I hope we do play a game or 2 there, even though it'll add at least an hour to my trip.

I'll bleed for this club & if i have to go to Rejkjavik or Sao Paulo to see them play, i'll do it.

Now get back to work :P

I'd go to Timbuktoo.

I couldn't agree with you more. Am I right in saying that the AFL has indicated that it is highly likely another stadium will be required in the future? If this is the case what an opportunity we have with casey!

Calm the fu%& down man.

Yes, I am a bad person.

Get over it. Move on.

Extremely well said.

As an MFC/MCC $160 member I can hold this over some of my mates who are MCC members, get a Dees membership you mugs...

I think you people are delusional but there seems to be a few of you so perhaps I'm wrong. But if we're playing home games at Casey in front of 10,000 people don't any of you dare get on here and bad mouth members for not showing up. Like always happens when we have small crowds at the g. I know at least 5 members who won't be going to home games out there. None of the group I go to the g with every week will travel that far, I've asked them. Not all footy fans are as commited as you lot. You may not like it but I'm afraid its a fact.

If we do end up playing home games at Casey I hope for the sake of the club you're right, but I think once the novelty wears off we'll struggle to pull crowds out there.

Option 1: MFC continues to play games against small-drawing opposition (Freo, Bris, Port, GC17, West. Syd) at MCG, each game running at around break-even (crowds 20-25k). As a result, MFC continues to sell 1-2 'home' games a year interstate in order to stay afloat. Outcome - furious d stays a member.

Option 2: MFC plays 2 or 3 of the lowest crowd pulling matches at new stadium at Casey, drawing crowds between 15-20k and running each match at a significant profit. No home matches are sold interstate. Outcome - furious d doesn't renew membership.

You twit.

You ignored the other options TWIT!!!

Option 3. Melbourne plays in front of 10,000 at Casey after a few years and becomes laughing stock of AFL.

Option 4. An inner suburban boutique stadium is built to house the smaller clubs low drawing matches.

I think you people are delusional but there seems to be a few of you so perhaps I'm wrong. But if we're playing home games at Casey in front of 10,000 people don't any of you dare get on here and bad mouth members for not showing up. Like always happens when we have small crowds at the g. I know at least 5 members who won't be going to home games out there. None of the group I go to the g with every week will travel that far, I've asked them. Not all footy fans are as commited as you lot. You may not like it but I'm afraid its a fact.

If we do end up playing home games at Casey I hope for the sake of the club you're right, but I think once the novelty wears off we'll struggle to pull crowds out there.

Regular crowds I agree but were only talking a couple of games a year. Being that these games would be unlikely to be free to air I'm not so sure a simple were not going out there will happen. Its easy saying it now but when the weekend comes I think a lot would be likely to go. The club could potentially even have a two game membership for just casey with the intent to convert these people to full memberships. 10-15k at casey would have to be a better financil result then 15-20k at the g like we have had a few times.

I am somewhat amused by comments by some people that crowds wouldn't travel all the way to Casey to watch a football match.

What they seem to miss is that crowds travel from Casey every weekend into the G and Telstra Dome to watch football matches.

What we've found is that it's the same distance each way.

Guest Schtacker
I am somewhat amused by comments by some people that crowds wouldn't travel all the way to Casey to watch a football match.

What they seem to miss is that crowds travel from Casey every weekend into the G and Telstra Dome to watch football matches.

What we've found is that it's the same distance each way.

exactly right - there are absolutely tons of people who actually live closer to Casey than they do Richmond - and the fact that all of the inner suburbs are mobbed with traffic constantly makes Richmond further away from everyone than it actually is. Arguing that nobody will 'make the mission' is also at direct contradiction that we will be nurturing hordes of people in the area as supporters - for this group it will be on their doorstep so won't they be replacing these poor little darlings who won't set foot in Casey? I will have no problem whatsoever with jumping on a train to the East instead of to the West and anyone that does is just simply not a real supporter

if the idea is for the good of the club then it is a good idea

also, to state the obvious, the fact that there are people who won't buy a membership on top of their MCC is because they have no incentive to do so. It is a donation only. 2-3 home games somewhere else makes there an actual reason to buy a club membership.

btw I have been full MFC and full MCC for 8 years running.

Guest fatty
Calm the fu%& down man.

Okay - have calmed down now. I found Monty's comments condescending and untruthful hence the angst.

However, this thread has turned into a pissing contest.

And at no stage, have I claimed that noone would go to an AFL match at Casey Fields. I just said that I wouldn't and I know others that won't also. It doesn't make me an MCC member and it doesn't make me a non-supporter. Least of all, it doesn't mean that the club should not pursue the idea. They should just be prepared for a liitle bit of attrition, which, as others have pointed out, can be compensated.

Okay - have calmed down now. I found Monty's comments condescending and untruthful hence the angst.

However, this thread has turned into a pissing contest.

And at no stage, have I claimed that noone would go to an AFL match at Casey Fields. I just said that I wouldn't and I know others that won't also. It doesn't make me an MCC member and it doesn't make me a non-supporter. Least of all, it doesn't mean that the club should not pursue the idea. They should just be prepared for a liitle bit of attrition, which, as others have pointed out, can be compensated.

Fair enough, but insults from either side are not needed.

I'm guilty of it too at times, but we need to remember that posters are attacking the argument as it has been presented to them, not the individual making the argument.

Even though sometimes it feels a lot like the opposite.

This thread may as well be locked now anyway.

Fair enough, but insults from either side are not needed.

I'm guilty of it too at times, but we need to remember that posters are attacking the argument as it has been presented to them, not the individual making the argument.

Even though sometimes it feels a lot like the opposite.

This thread may as well be locked now anyway.

No need to lock a thread that discusses our summer training base.

Posters should just stick to adding constructive posts rather than personal abuse, not that this thread has had a lot of that.

You ignored the other options TWIT!!!

Option 3. Melbourne plays in front of 10,000 at Casey after a few years and becomes laughing stock of AFL.

Option 4. An inner suburban boutique stadium is built to house the smaller clubs low drawing matches.

3 - Laughing stock because we're making a profit off our matches and playing all homes games in Melbourne? How about we're a laughing stock right now because we play 'home' games in Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra etc to offset the financial losses that we make when we only pull 19k to the magnificent MCG capable of holding 100k.

You're also assuming that if we played games at Casey that many city-based members/supporters wouldn't travel down, but have ignored the fact that a substantial number of 'local' supporters/members/neutrals (Casey/Dandenong/Western Gippsland/Mornington Peninsula) would attend only because it's closer to them and/or they would like to watch an AFL match close up.

I think a realistic prediction for a Melb-Freo game at Casey (if marketed strongly - especially the promise to watch a suburban-style AFL game right up close) would draw at least 15k.

4 - Pipedream in the near-middle future. We'll be relocated to Launceston before it happens.