Positive Era starts for Demons

Redleg

"I spoke to a few other clubs but I sat down with Dean (Bailey) and (assistant coach) Mark Williams for a good two to three hours and had some really good discussions about where the club was heading, and the list.

"I was undecided with the path I was going to take but, after speaking with the guys, I was excited about joining Melbourne."

These were some of the words from Scott West as quoted in the article on the AFL site.

We have endured a post season of a great deal of negative publicity, including not having a sponsor, losing players, officials and being unable to get other players to come to us.

Hopefully this is a start to some positive publicity which should be further improved by about mid day saturday the 29th of November

Its a genuine big announcement for the club, a huge coup. To have spoken to a few clubs, not just us (I hope Carlton was one of them :lol: ) and to decide to commit to Melbourne's path of youth. West would love to get his hands dirty teaching the kids. The players at Melbourne should absorb his knowledge like a sponge.

Seven best & fairests at the Bulldogs, over 300 games worth of experience. They don't come around often.

Whilst the appointment is part-time, I sincerely hope his involvement with the mfc lasts longer than Brett Rattens involvement.

edit: - If there is one other good thing or positive thing to come out of this, it is the knowledge that the mfc Powerpoint Presentation is now successful in appointing those who we target!! :D ;)

Its a genuine big announcement for the club, a huge coup. To have spoken to a few clubs, not just us (I hope Carlton was one of them :lol: ) and to decide to commit to Melbourne's path of youth. West would love to get his hands dirty teaching the kids. The players at Melbourne should absorb his knowledge like a sponge.

Seven best & fairests at the Bulldogs, over 300 games worth of experience. They don't come around often.

Whilst the appointment is part-time, I sincerely hope his involvement with the mfc lasts longer than Brett Rattens involvement.

Also add to that at least one Brownlow that his name should have been on.....

edit: - If there is one other good thing or positive thing to come out of this, it is the knowledge that the mfc Powerpoint Presentation is now successful in appointing those who we target!! :D ;)

Maybe we are now using " highlighter pens."

What is this "highlighter" gizmo you speak of?

I think he means those "Laser devices" you can use to highlight things during presentations. So the group watching can follow. In this case West must of watched every detail of the presentation..lol

Agree with the positive side of things. I was listening to that boor Dwayne Pipe on 3AW the other night and he was virtually making fun of the MFC and its list the way he was talking. Pity, former Demon G Healy didn't stand up to the [censored] and put him right back in his place.

I have never heard that dirty traitoring, turncoat defend us once. Generally he is one to stick the knife in as well. If gerard healy was on fire I wouldn't........

He has a lot to pay back to earn our respect back, well mine at least.

I have never heard that dirty traitoring, turncoat defend us once. Generally he is one to stick the knife in as well. If gerard healy was on fire I wouldn't........

He has a lot to pay back to earn our respect back, well mine at least.

The fact is that Gerard Healy could have helped us win a premiership in the late 80's instead he flew off to Sydney and a fat cheque. We then rubbed his grubby face into the MCG turf in the 87 finals. I don't want him to defend us, he's not a Demon's [censored].

I must say, it's great to see West in the Dark "Red and Blue" instead of the light Red, Blue and White.

If only it could happen during his career!

This club just doesn't seem the same as it was a few years ago, and I for one couldn't be more excited about it

My friends...the Times, they are a changin' !! I say this not because of what even we one eyeds think is changing but a few 'others' are noticing. Let me expand. Some of my less inspired friends who for reasons only known to themselves barrack for some strange "other" teams ( including the filth) know of my staunch love of the Red and Blue. Hell its been the butt of enough jokes over the years have made a few interesting comments of late. A couple know of my attendance to the Summit.." Hey how did that go ?" " What a great idea..wish we'd do something like that!" etc. Comments like." You guys will start doing things now the deadwood is gone"...." you guys might do ok next year " " You [censored] getting allthose picks in THIS draft..bastards!!"..to a good mate whose actually quite astute footy wise..." you're the dark horse next year!" Seems almost overnight the cynicism is going ..a little respect is creeping back...not the basket case any more.. just a curiosity.

Re West.. "great pickup..wish we had him"..."he might fix your clownig around withteh ball"...and there was more.

These are Melbourne supporter words...they are other people's. Yes, there's a lot of mileage to go. Many points of respect yet to post on scoreboards. Some games won would be nice.

I think the populace general ( let alone us ) just want to see the club get serious about playing footy. Start getting responsible for its actions and take ownership of its future. I seriously had my doubts about Stynes coming on board. Where was the plan etc. I saw a thousands components of plans the other day. Theres an adage .."Fake it befoer you Make it" The jist is to start acting and portraying your success and ability as it actually turns into a reality. This is exaclty what I see us doing now. We're acting like we WILL be around. We're taking decisions as though we WILL be successful . We building teams back and front to ACCOMPLISH, to do well, to achieve and continue achieving..

and the best bit. This is what OTHERS are thinking !!

A positve era starting ? Definitley.

Great appointment, but i wouldn't count on him being at the club too long. The best chance we have of him staying for a good amount of time is if we eventually get him on for an extra few years full-time, or if he becomes senior coach :unsure:

If he habours an ambition to be a senior coach, most have 2-3 years at a few different clubs. Champions like West sometimes only spend a few years at 1 club before taking a senior role.

Great appointment, but i wouldn't count on him being at the club too long. The best chance we have of him staying for a good amount of time is if we eventually get him on for an extra few years full-time, or if he becomes senior coach :unsure:

If he habours an ambition to be a senior coach, most have 2-3 years at a few different clubs. Champions like West sometimes only spend a few years at 1 club before taking a senior role.

First he may be hopeless so there is no guarantee as to future coaching.

Second he has a full time business and may not be in a position to be a full time coach.

Third I have posted on here previously that Jones holds on to the ball too long and that Moloney is a one trick pony. West may be able to improve both of these guys and that would be a huge plus. I don't believe Paul Williams improved either of them.

My friends...the Times, they are a changin' !! I say this not because of what even we one eyeds think is changing but a few 'others' are noticing. Let me expand. Some of my less inspired friends who for reasons only known to themselves barrack for some strange "other" teams ( including the filth) know of my staunch love of the Red and Blue. Hell its been the butt of enough jokes over the years have made a few interesting comments of late. A couple know of my attendance to the Summit.." Hey how did that go ?" " What a great idea..wish we'd do something like that!" etc. Comments like." You guys will start doing things now the deadwood is gone"...." you guys might do ok next year " " You [censored] getting allthose picks in THIS draft..bastards!!"..to a good mate whose actually quite astute footy wise..." you're the dark horse next year!" Seems almost overnight the cynicism is going ..a little respect is creeping back...not the basket case any more.. just a curiosity.

Re West.. "great pickup..wish we had him"..."he might fix your clownig around withteh ball"...and there was more.

These are Melbourne supporter words...they are other people's. Yes, there's a lot of mileage to go. Many points of respect yet to post on scoreboards. Some games won would be nice.

I think the populace general ( let alone us ) just want to see the club get serious about playing footy. Start getting responsible for its actions and take ownership of its future. I seriously had my doubts about Stynes coming on board. Where was the plan etc. I saw a thousands components of plans the other day. Theres an adage .."Fake it befoer you Make it" The jist is to start acting and portraying your success and ability as it actually turns into a reality. This is exaclty what I see us doing now. We're acting like we WILL be around. We're taking decisions as though we WILL be successful . We building teams back and front to ACCOMPLISH, to do well, to achieve and continue achieving..

and the best bit. This is what OTHERS are thinking !!

A positve era starting ? Definitley.

Whilst it is early days BB, you're right. This year alone has seen much change. Change for the better. Come Saturday afternoon there will be further change, and we can put new faces to our future club, future era. New faces that will help form the backbone of our on field revival. Whilst we may not get the results on field next year, we will certainly see the fruits and of what there is to come.

I too, have had the same feedback from my mates, some Hawthorn, some Richmond, Essendon, Cat and Bulldog supporters. All of the same view that things are developing at Demon land. *So we should act like we will be around! And so we should act as though we WILL be successful, that's what everyone strives for as their ultimate goal.

Jim Stynes and his board have already achieved good things, but its only the start. Its ongoing more importantly, no one can rest from the President down. New challenges will arise such as the financial crisis. The picks in the ND will not be the answer to our prayers. Its harnessing, teaching, nursing and developing that talent, those picks. Adding & Subtracting more players. Coaching. Developing new partnerships, networks. Attracting new members as well as retaining existing members.

Debt Demolition, the appointment of Cameron Schwab, the SUMMIT are 3 big achievements for the club. Some will say Scott West is a coup too, but that remains to be seen. Major sponsors is next on the agenda, along with our new recruits. Following that is the improvement on the footy field, this just has to happen so the ideas and the strategies the club has in line, prosper.

It's so refreshing to feel and enjoy the positivity for the future of the Melbourne Football Club coming through some of these posts (probably for the first time since I joined the hallowed company on this site almost 12 months ago). It's perfectly natural for Demon tragics like most of us to feel some off-season optimism, but this doesn't seem like 'blind' optimism. Thanks to 'Bub and 'Tower in particular for painting the picture, but maintaining the balance.

The boys are correct when they say this saturday is another positive day for the club. If we draft well we will have 6 new potential players coming into the club and when added to another in the PSD and 3 more rookies our list will be looking fesh and exciting.

Yes there are some positives coming through for the MFC.