• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Latent support in the City of Casey

joeboy

I have a store in Fountain Gate Shopping Centre (which is the largest complex in the City of Casey) and one of my major retail items is sporting memorabillia, including framed AFL team photos.

In a result which pleasantly amazed me, in order of quantities sold in 2008, Demons' associated products ran (a distant) third after Collingwood and Hawthorn items, suggesting that there is already a handy supporter base where many are suggesting a lost cause in attracting new support.

I have a store in Fountain Gate Shopping Centre (which is the largest complex in the City of Casey) and one of my major retail items is sporting memorabillia, including framed AFL team photos.

In a result which pleasantly amazed me, in order of quantities sold in 2008, Demons' associated products ran (a distant) third after Collingwood and Hawthorn items, suggesting that there is already a handy supporter base where many are suggesting a lost cause in attracting new support.

Wow...that could be a promising sign but how do u personally feel about it?

Most people in Casey, I presume have no idea Melbourne are thinking of taking a big role there.

Most people in Casey, I presume have no idea Melbourne are thinking of taking a big role there.

Actually I don't live in the area and rarely work in this store, so I can't really comment other than from my reading of the sales' figures.

Fountain Gate is Kath & Kim Territory & as i worked on the first 3 series for the ABC, I know what that means!

You will therefore understand the symmetry between the IQ levels of the locals and rabid Collingwood supporters , further enhancing the idea to align with the area - and helping to change the club's image from the hackneyed notion of Range Rovers and snow- weekends .

You will therefore understand the symmetry between the IQ levels of the locals and rabid Collingwood supporters , further enhancing the idea to align with the area - and helping to change the club's image from the hackneyed notion of Range Rovers and snow- weekends .

Well put.

We desperately need some mongrel in our supporter base.

My only concern with Casey is it's distance from Melbourne, will the young families travel that far to see games? I hope so, there will be plenty of them for years to come. Melbourne's population is in the midst of an explosion, and Casey/cardinia is where they're heading.

The only thing i care about is that i get to watch MFC run out on the MCG. Doesn't matter to me where we are based. I prefer to be based in CBD, though given our lack of support i agree with the decision. The "Kath & Kim" Demons need this support.

"In a result which pleasantly amazed me, in order of quantities sold in 2008, Demons' associated products ran (a distant) third after Collingwood and Hawthorn items, suggesting that there is already a handy supporter base where many are suggesting a lost cause in attracting new support. "

This also please me.. I'd much prefer to see our sales trailing both Pies and Hawks instead of being at the other end of the scale. MFC is on its way up!

Well put.

We desperately need some mongrel in our supporter base.

My only concern with Casey is it's distance from Melbourne, will the young families travel that far to see games? I hope so, there will be plenty of them for years to come. Melbourne's population is in the midst of an explosion, and Casey/cardinia is where they're heading.

I have been Traveling from Casey to the city the last couple of years with my brother inlaw and his young family we are supporters. Once people get involed and realise the culture of the club people will want to go thats what got me is the culture the die hard supporters that go nuts but still arent abusive and vile. Its a great family club thats why the will travel.

It is a promising sign.

Surely you cannot assume most people in Casey have no idea Melbournefc are grabbing a foothold in Casey. One would assume the people of Casey would be well aware of proceedings happening in their own backyard, through their local news.

Melburnians love their sport. They would already be well aware of Casey Fields and the Casey Football Club. They would know of the split between Casey & St.Kilda. Also, would be well aware current proceedings at Casey involving the Melbourne Football Club as well as projects undertaken by Casey Council.

Underestimate the residents of Casey at your peril.

Fountain Gate is Kath & Kim Territory & as i worked on the first 3 series for the ABC, I know what that means!

It was my understanding that even though Kath & Kim live at 'Fountain Lakes' the shopping centre filming is actually done at Southland.

Our famed shopping centre at Fountain Gate has however featured in 'Rotten Eggs' (or is it 'Bad Eggs"?)- a truly terrible movie if you ever have the misfortune to see it.

I shop at FGT and have also noticed the same thing at the AFL store, KMart and BarWorld - Melbourne stuff seems to sell out reasonably quickly. It's a pain in the rear as not only do I often not get the knick knacks I am after, but when buying pressies for my footy buddy if you don't get in quick you often miss out. The club would have to know membership by postcode stats, but not all supporters are members. Hopefully this will change when 'the boys' are 'local'.

You also see a few cars sporting MFC stickers on local roads, and I have even spotted cars sporting membership stickers at the car park near where I work, a few ks from FGT, so we are around.

I think the supporter base is already here - hopefully the club won't be too slow to recognise & capitalise on this.

suzanna, in all honesty, do u believe the fact that melbourne train in casey, will actually make people chose melbourne over other clubs as the team they support?

I do.

If they are not already a die-hard fan of another club, of course they would have a soft spot for the demons if they train nearby.

At least, I imagine they would.

It was my understanding that even though Kath & Kim live at 'Fountain Lakes' the shopping centre filming is actually done at Southland.

Our famed shopping centre at Fountain Gate has however featured in 'Rotten Eggs' (or is it 'Bad Eggs"?)- a truly terrible movie if you ever have the misfortune to see it.

I shop at FGT and have also noticed the same thing at the AFL store, KMart and BarWorld - Melbourne stuff seems to sell out reasonably quickly. It's a pain in the rear as not only do I often not get the knick knacks I am after, but when buying pressies for my footy buddy if you don't get in quick you often miss out. The club would have to know membership by postcode stats, but not all supporters are members. Hopefully this will change when 'the boys' are 'local'.

You also see a few cars sporting MFC stickers on local roads, and I have even spotted cars sporting membership stickers at the car park near where I work, a few ks from FGT, so we are around.

I think the supporter base is already here - hopefully the club won't be too slow to recognise & capitalise on this.

Both Southland & Fountain Gate were Used in the Filming of Kath & Kim, depending on Budgets, scheduels and availability although it was always made to look like Fountain Gate as it was always the center of kims universe!!

I do.

If they are not already a die-hard fan of another club, of course they would have a soft spot for the demons if they train nearby.

At least, I imagine they would.

I agree, some people within Casey will choose Melbournefc as their club of choice as a result of the foothold in Casey. If Melbournefc doesn't believe this, they wouldn't be making this bold move in this region.

I agree, some people within Casey will choose Melbournefc as their club of choice as a result of the foothold in Casey. If Melbournefc doesn't believe this, they wouldn't be making this bold move in this region.

-i hope you're right, but dont forget melbourne havent always been too succesful when it comes to making these decisions

-this is the way i see it

...we've been moving homes a lot and we've been renting, and we have the chance of moving back into the old family mansion

--at the same time, we are looking at buying a beach house in casey for the summer period, whilst stll going out there every now and again during the winter for holidays

Past rentings or supposedly homes for training venues such as the Junction Oval have only been really temporary until a decision on a long term future home base with state of the art facilities, which still is in process unfortunately. I would have thought latest development decisions are based on the benefits for the club - long term.

suzanna, in all honesty, do u believe the fact that melbourne train in casey, will actually make people chose melbourne over other clubs as the team they support?

When Sandy played Casey at Casey Fields earlier this year a few of us we were discussing this very topic with a Melbourne player...the consensus was that Melbourne may get a few new supporters due to their presence in Cranbourne but if they are expecting a huge influx of membership from the Casey region then that is really wishful thinking at best...

We all agreed that most kids when choosing a team tend to go for a team one of their parents or friends support....there is no way a Collingwood fan living in the Casey area is going to swap teams simply because Melbourne will be using Casey Fields as a summer training base and an alignment with the Casey Scorpions...if Collingwood moved into the area would Melbourne supporters ditch the Demons and support Collingwood???...No way..when Richmond move to Craigieburn will Melbourne supporters out that way suddenly decide that Richmond are the team for them??....of course not...

When Sandy played Casey at Casey Fields earlier this year a few of us we were discussing this very topic with a Melbourne player...the consensus was that Melbourne may get a few new supporters due to their presence in Cranbourne but if they are expecting a huge influx of membership from the Casey region then that is really wishful thinking at best...

We all agreed that most kids when choosing a team tend to go for a team one of their parents or friends support....there is no way a Collingwood fan living in the Casey area is going to swap teams simply because Melbourne will be using Casey Fields as a summer training base and an alignment with the Casey Scorpions...if Collingwood moved into the area would Melbourne supporters ditch the Demons and support Collingwood???...No way..when Richmond move to Craigieburn will Melbourne supporters out that way suddenly decide that Richmond are the team for them??....of course not...

I think the point is that people without a strong alliance with a club already, would be more likely to choose melbourne.

And with the influx of people to the Casey region from elsewhere, there is a strong chance there will be a lot of people in that exact position.

I think the point is that people without a strong alliance with a club already, would be more likely to choose melbourne.

And with the influx of people to the Casey region from elsewhere, there is a strong chance there will be a lot of people in that exact position.

Trent Croad apparently spoke to a group of 10 year olds for a friend's daughter's 'show and tell 'at school , and there are now 30 or so new converts to Hawthorn .

It's not impossible to influence impressionable minds

Trent Croad apparently spoke to a group of 10 year olds for a friend's daughter's 'show and tell 'at school , and there are now 30 or so new converts to Hawthorn .

It's not impossible to influence impressionable minds

Years ago a friend of mine had Rene Kink to his party, he and some others became lifelong Colligwood fans. I of course maintained the faith. The point being is that if Melbourne play this right and spend the time in schools, community groups and the like. Organise groups to come to training and to games at the G they will get new supporters. A strong presence in a community is the one thing this club has lacked. Things are on the improve and it's not before time. Whilst not dwelling on the past we have been the worst run club for a long while now.

How about when the players go to schools in the Casey area they give away FREE memberships to the kids.

These memberships can only be used at home games when accompanied by a PAYING ADULT.

How long can the parents hang out to the little whinging snot machine before they take them to the footy?

How about when the players go to schools in the Casey area they give away FREE memberships to the kids.

These memberships can only be used at home games when accompanied by a PAYING ADULT.

How long can the parents hang out to the little whinging snot machine before they take them to the footy?

i LIKE that idea