Power Puts Top Picks on the table

Mousey

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or. player/pick35/pick 51. that would certainly do it. or two players and a pick

all i can say is that the dees will be dangling things out to see what they can do in an attempt to get another top 20 pick, ie last year with trav. i know we have 1.17, 19.. but ideally the club wants to bolster its youth stocks as much as it can. and word is that we will try to get another pick around 20

If you want to be realistic I think we would have to offer Brock McLean to land Pick 4. We won't offer that, so our chances of landing Pick 4 are, well, none.

If you want to be realistic I think we would have to offer Brock McLean to land Pick 4. We won't offer that, so our chances of landing Pick 4 are, well, none.

True. Cale Morton will get us Pick 4 but what's the point of that. Our players are at their lowest value atm.

we would be stupid not to look at pick 4.

its how the hawks rebuilt

two top 5 picks in 2004 or whatever the year was when they got roughead.

Of course we will look at it. Then we will realise we simply cannot get it and move on.

Look, I'd love to have that pick. Who wouldn't? But we simply cannot get it. Bailey hasn't ruled out looking at trading fringe players for more picks, but fringe players don't get you first round draft picks in a deep draft. And fringe players coupled with third and fourth round picks don't get you first round picks either.

we would be stupid not to look at pick 4.

its how the hawks rebuilt

two top 5 picks in 2004 or whatever the year was when they got roughead.

Its not a matter of looking at pick 4, its a matter of what you could decently trade to get it. And the only players that we have that would get you pick 4 are players we would not release.

The players you put up are C to C- graders.

I doubt MFC will seriously be involved in trade week because we have little that other teams would want and we would consider trading.

If we want pick 4, we have to be willing to part with either McLean or Morton or Garland or Davey (last one is doubtful).

Is anyone willing to trade any of the above? Because seriously, Bell and Jamar are NOT worth pick 4, neither is Jones, or anyone else at our club.

Getting another top 10 pick seems very very unlikely because the players who are worth that much, are untouchable.

I'm so happy I'll be away for the whole of trade week. I can't stand the speculation and dribble that never eventuates.

Miller, Sylvia and pick 35 for pick 4 and Greg Bentley

I'd imagine Miller and Sylvia's trade value would have increased this year.

That's better, but why trade two players who are finally starting to come good for us? Miller is basically our only tall forward and Sylvia is getting his body right for the first time in his career.

No thanks.

Miller and Sylvia for pick 4 and Greg Bentley

I'd imagine Miller and Sylvia's trade value would have increased this year.

Let me tell you a little secret, two ordinary players are no better than one ordinary player, it's just twice the crap.

Miller is worth a lot more to us than he does to anyone else. As for Sylvia, he was pick 3 in 2003 and hasn't done a whole lot since. Not a chance anyone will give up pick 4 for him.

How dumb do people think football clubs are?!

Let me tell you a little secret, two ordinary players are no better than one ordinary player, it's just twice the crap.

Miller is worth a lot more to us than he does to anyone else. As for Sylvia, he was pick 3 in 2003 and hasn't done a whole lot since. Not a chance anyone will give up pick 4 for him.

How dumb do people think football clubs are?!

OK,

Miller, Sylvia AND pick 17 for a sweetner

for Pick 4, Bentley and Port's 3rd rd draft pick.

I doubt MFC will seriously be involved in trade week because we have little that other teams would want and we would consider trading.

RR when Bailey was asked would he trade fringe players for more draft picks, Bailey said: "I think it would be fair to say that where we can improve our picks or get extra picks, we'll be going down that path.

Link: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl...3-19742,00.html

Davey + Pick 19 might land pick 4

Green, Miller and pick 35 might also do it

It depends what Port need and what others offer, but I'd suspect we'll need something good to do it

Imagine Watts/Vickery,Natanui or Rich

I really hope we go after it.

we don't want to trade davey

we could trade miller. not sure. and green i'm for it if it lands us a good pick, but we also need him to help bruce, junior teach younger kids. it's a bit half half, but if we trade him i won't be THAT upset.

but yes imagining

watts/vickery

watts/naitanui

watts/rich

is bloody awesome

Well you'd think Port would need someone to replace Tredrae, and if last season was any indication, Cornes as well.

Could Frawley come into the equation? Or is he off-limits?

Bruce and Frawley or Bruce, Frawley and pick 35 might get us there. I'd hate to lose Frawley, but if we could secure a Vickery or Naitanui it would be worth it.

Well you'd think Port would need someone to replace Tredrae, and if last season was any indication, Cornes as well.

Could Frawley come into the equation? Or is he off-limits?

Bruce and Frawley or Bruce, Frawley and pick 35 might get us there. I'd hate to lose Frawley, but if we could secure a Vickery or Naitanui it would be worth it.

Just throwing ideas in reply to your post Roulette in relation to Frawley. We are all wondering why Warnock finished so high in the B&F....................just speculating. ;)

Hmmm..it's really a question of frawley- would you? with garland, martin, warnock, rivers, chris johnson, whelan, and frawley, bell. so thers frawley and bell you'd probably trade there- CJ is the goods

Frawley won't get us pick 4.

If Port want him for pick 4 then yes, although I'd much rather give them someone older.