Demonland Player of the Year

Yze_Magic

6 bruce - tried all day, often on his own. should have gone forward early to exploit cornes.

5 sylvia - tried all day, disposal was amongst our best. a preseason and he could be something.

4 morton - ball magnet early, didn't use it as well as last week. wish he'd have a shot at goal from inside 50.

3 bell - used the ball well, attacked the contest hard, didn't get caught as often as in the past and spoiled well overall.

2 martin - beaten by lade? in the last quarter, but thought he put in a good effort early. progressing nicely.

1 mcdonald - in everything but not nessecarily effective. a few poor efforts, poor probably because i expect more of him.

apologies to buckley. 32 possessions, i didnt realise before doing the votes. but i still dont think id change it. he never really did anything with it, even though he did work hard in attack. definitely did not work hard enough defensively.

apologies to miller, our most effective forward. i dont think our forward set up is helping either him or newton. neither quite get a chance to settle in position.

edit: after looking at the stats, i didnt realise bruce got so little of it. this is perhaps a good thing. whenever i saw him i thought he was doing something good, in a contest, taking a strong mark, or at the bottom of the pack. perhaps he doesnt deserve the 6 votes, but my initial reactions put him near the top, especially since i thought sylvia flashed in more in the second half.

Prepare to be abused to death

i am prepared, but i honestly didnt think he was that bad today. i thought he has improved on his earlier season form. he wasn't our best, he wasn't great, but i gave him votes because i thought he attacked the contests all day. and i thought he used it alright when he had it. (17 disposals, 2 tackles, 2 inside 50's)

i am prepared, but i honestly didnt think he was that bad today. i thought he has improved on his earlier season form. he wasn't our best, he wasn't great, but i gave him votes because i thought he attacked the contests all day. and i thought he used it alright when he had it. (17 disposals, 2 tackles, 2 inside 50's)

I thought he was alright for half the game. His kicking was actually pretty precise in the 1st half. But in the second it deteriorated horribly, and yet again we were reminded that logic dictates that a running half-back should be able to kick on the run. Having said that, and while he wasn't in our best, his game today was one of his better ones for the year, overall.

I thought he was alright for half the game. His kicking was actually pretty precise in the 1st half. But in the second it deteriorated horribly, and yet again we were reminded that logic dictates that a running half-back should be able to kick on the run. Having said that, and while he wasn't in our best, his game today was one of his better ones for the year, overall.

fair comment. but i think my take on it was, after todays performance, who was in our best? normally this thread is pushing its second page this long after a game. no one wants to award any players votes, and i dont blame them.

6. Bruce - Tried hard all day, skill level was again up.

5. Martin - Did well under extreme pressure.

4. Sylvia - Worked hard and used the ball well.

3. Buckley - Used his pace to good effect.

2. Morton - Did some good things. Like his poise.

1. Wheatley - Tried.

6. Bruce - Tried hard all day, skill level was again up.

5. Martin - Did well under extreme pressure.

4. Sylvia - Worked hard and used the ball well.

3. Buckley - Used his pace to good effect.

2. Morton - Did some good things. Like his poise.

1. Wheatley - Tried.

prett good i think, although i was really dissapopinted with wheatly today. his dispoal was terrible.he got a bit of it, and was often involved in the game, but too many mistakes for me. especially considering he's played a few relaly good games lately.

6. Sylvia

5. McDonald

4. Morton

3. Buckley

2. Bruce

1. Miller

And I have to agree with Deanox that I didn't think that Bell was too bad today. Maybe that isn't a huge wrap but given the result and the way we played it is massive praise. Hopefully he can take that first half in which he wasn't beaten too badly considering how often the ball was raining in and make something of it.

Also apologies to Garland, Warnock and Martin who were under enormous pressure all afternoon.

With one round to go Brad Green has an almost unassailable lead in our Demonland Player of the Year.

88.901 Brad Green

78.366 Brock McLean

65.765 Paul Wheatley

64.074 Cale Morton

61.433 Cameron Bruce

54.305 Brad Miller

50.729 James McDonald

44.471 Colin Garland

42.742 Chris Johnson

40.082 Austin Wonaemirri

40.027 Paul Johnson

39.623 Colin Sylvia

37.927 Matthew Bate

31.490 Aaron Davey

29.347 Nathan Jones

25.713 Simon Buckley

17.896 Lynden Dunn

15.043 Matthew Warnock

13.681 Shane Valenti

12.282 Brent Moloney

10.684 Jared Rivers

10.482 Nathan Carroll

10.314 Stef Martin

8.393 Clint Bartram

8.254 Matthew Whelan

5.265 Russell Robertson

5.164 Mark Jamar

5.087 Jeff White

3.221 Addam Maric

2.845 Adem Yze

1.186 Daniel Bell

0.522 James Frawley

Of course with our weighting system anything's possible :rolleyes: !

I agree deanox.

Neither did I. There were plenty worse than Bell. Which I guess is an indictment on how bad we were.

I agree.

Did a good job on his opponents (everyone got done by Motlop), and his disposal was good too. Broke the lines without getting caught and carried the ball fairly well. Definitely one of his best games for the year.

People calling him useless on other threads are just using him as their regular punching bag for the year. I guess now that Brad Miller is performing well, they had to go and find a replacement :rolleyes:

Guest Schtacker
People calling him useless on other threads are just using him as their regular punching bag for the year. I guess now that Brad Miller is performing well, they had to go and find a replacement :rolleyes:

well, yes, that's EXACTLY right. Now that Miller is playing well, people have stopped complaining that he is playing badly. Bell has had an awful year, so people are complaining about that. Every other player will be praised and criticised depending on how well they playing.

please explain to me the problem