Interchange (from) Chester Garlett Hall Lower Owen Sewell Je Smith Taylor

SANDRINGHAM

Backs McNamara Frawley Bell

Half backs Biddlecombe Lamb Petterd

Centreline Yze Summers Carroll

Half forwards Williams Crowe McConnell

Forwards Dean Sautner Newton

Followers Meesen Tregear C Liddell

Interchange (from) Gallagher Gilchrist Gribbin M Johnston T Johnston Maric Martyn Spencer

Some interesting placements with Carroll and Yze named on the wings. I'd like to see that! :wacko:

Out of the side are Cale Morton and Jeff White (both rested?) and Ezra Poyas (hamstring) - these are huge losses.

I would like to have seen Kyle Cheney in the side and where's Benny?

BALLARAT DEMONS LUNCHEON

Come along to the Austar Arena in Ballarat this Sunday for lunch with fellow Demon lovers. The Ballarat Demons are currently negotiating with Chris Connolly to see who will be attending from the Club. Then watch the Zebras take on the Roosters.

See Newton, Petterd, Maric & McNamara in action.

Time 12 noon

Cost $25

For more information and bookings, contact Ralph on Phone 54612980

NORTH BALLARAT v SANDRINGHAM

SANDRINGHAM

Backs McNamara Frawley Bell

Half backs Biddlecombe Lamb Petterd

Centreline Yze Summers Carroll

Half forwards Williams Crowe McConnell

Forwards Dean Sautner Newton

Followers Meesen Tregear C Liddell

Interchange (from) Gallagher Gilchrist Gribbin M Johnston T Johnston Maric Martyn Spencer

No Jeff White/Jamar/PJ is interesting. White's earned the weeks rest, but would be wanting to do as much as possible to get back into the team. This suggests to me he's either made the team for the Bulldogs game, or has been told that he will not be considered.

Where's Benny has turned into Where's Wally every week for the last month, what's going on with Dutchy?

Great to see Gags back on the bench, he'll be crucial in the run in to the finals.

I've received the Sandringham Reserves team lists as follows for the Reserves game:-

NORTH BALLARAT v SANDRINGHAM

Sunday 6th July - Seniors at 2:00 pm

AUSTAR Arena

SANDRINGHAM

Calder, Anthony (Local Interchange)

Cannon, Jack

Cleeve, Stuart

Curcio, Michael

Fleming, Andrew

Gallagher, David

Gilchrist, Rennie

Gilder, Brad

Gribbin, Daniel

Grimes, Jack

Hardiman, Maddison

Johnston, Marc

Johnston, Tomi

Kondarovskis, James

Lockwood, Scott

Lyall, Nicholas

Martyn, Guy

Monaghan, Sam

Plymin, Jarrod

Sargent, Daniel

Shakaib, Hiwad

Spencer, Jake

Teasdale, David

Torcasio, Christopher (Local Interchange)

Vickers, Jack

Weetra, Isaac

No Jeff White/Jamar/PJ is interesting. White's earned the weeks rest, but would be wanting to do as much as possible to get back into the team. This suggests to me he's either made the team for the Bulldogs game, or has been told that he will not be considered.

I would suggest the latter.

wonder if grimes will get a full game this week or just another half to ease him back into it?

it is good to see they are taking the softly softly approach with all these players and their injuries. even rivers, moloney and mclean as senior players have been told 'end of season get things right' instead of making them 6-8 week injuries and trying to get them back.

hopefully the careful management of petterd and grimes allows them to be on the park for all of next season.

well has anyone heard any score updates or had any word of the game? i hanvt been following it myself but would love to know whats going on out there...

Lost by 16 points.

The reserves fared even worse failing to score a goal and losing by 11 goals (two years ago they at least kicked one goal at Ballarat!). Only good news is that Jack Grimes did OK.

Barry will have the details shortly.

Despite the loss, the Zebras could have turned the corner today as they held their own with North Ballarat after a poor first quarter at a difficult venue for away teams to negotiate and against the team that knocked off competition leaders Williamstown last week. Nick Sautner and Adem Yze were both sorely missed.

Sandringham 0.1.1 3.3.21 7.6.48 10.10.70

North Ballarat 4.4.28 6.9.45 10.12.72 12.14.86

Goals

Sandringham Newton 4 Maric 3 Martyn 2 Carroll

North Ballarat Driscoll 4 Wundke 2 Chester Goodes Greig Grima Lower Searl

Best

Sandringham Crowe Biddlecombe Williams C Liddell Frawley McConnell

North Ballarat Sansbury Sharkey Grima Sewell Driscoll Greig

Reserves

That's almost as bad as it can get although they did score a meagre 1.1.7 in the corresponding game in 2006.

Sandringham 0.2.2 0.4.4 0.7.7 0.9.9

North Ballarat 2.3.15 4.7.31 8.7.55 11.9.75

Goals

North Ballarat Dignan Horbury McHugh 2 Bell Dickinson Micallef Peace Seddon

Best

Sandringham T Johnston Hardiman Curcio Grimes Calder Hine

North Ballarat Murnane McHugh Tickner Garlett Seddon Owen

shame the boys couldn't get the points... it appears the side was a bit more settled this week, which can only help... the large amounts of changes at Melbourne can't have been helping Sandringham an awful lot this season...

Sandringham Newton 4

juice in the goals again... think he should come in next week... interesting that sautner didn't kick a goal... did he play? it's rare he doesn't kick a goal when he plays...

Was at the game - Newton was alright, a couple of annoying undisciplined acts that got him dragged at one point, but his hands and his leads were good. I think he kicked 4.2 or 4.3, and a couple he missed were 25 out right in front and 40 out right in front.

Maric was handy, when Sandy got a run on in the last quarter it was with Newton and Maric largely isolated up forward, with Nathan Carroll thrown to half forward. One thing I did like about Maric is that he made the efforts to take on and tackle some bigger sized opponents, which from a guy playing the role he'll most likely play at AFL level is something we defiantely want to see.

G'day BRB, did you go to the game? Where did you watch it from? There were a number of D supporters with the Zeb ones sitting/standing close to the Zebs interchange. It is going to be difficult for me next year, I have a long time association/ support of the Zebs, have adopted the Roosters since moving 18 yrs ago (got some strange looks when I applauded the Roosters first goal) and am passionate about the Ds (think Casey next year).

Shall give a report of my obs of the game shortly.

Agree but have a few insights to share, report to come.

Sorry, everything is a bit disorganized at the moment, poping in and out of office, wife and two kids and tea to contend with.

Was at the game - Newton was alright, a couple of annoying undisciplined acts that got him dragged at one point, but his hands and his leads were good. I think he kicked 4.2 or 4.3, and a couple he missed were 25 out right in front and 40 out right in front.

Maric was handy, when Sandy got a run on in the last quarter it was with Newton and Maric largely isolated up forward, with Nathan Carroll thrown to half forward. One thing I did like about Maric is that he made the efforts to take on and tackle some bigger sized opponents, which from a guy playing the role he'll most likely play at AFL level is something we defiantely want to see.

Good to see Grimes' play well again, really makes me smile..

Newton was good apparently, which is graet, but Id just love to see him with a few more kg's..

Id say he'll be close to comer in, but maybe just an EMERG at this stage..

Id say the only certainty is Junior for Brock, and maybe Morton for Bode..

Stef may get omitted soley as there is not really a match up for him against the dogs..

So that may be Juice's chance!

Maric an outside chance IMO..

Good to see Grimes' play well again, really makes me smile..

Newton was good apparently, which is graet, but Id just love to see him with a few more kg's..

Id say he'll be close to comer in, but maybe just an EMERG at this stage..

Id say the only certainty is Junior for Brock, and maybe Morton for Bode..

Stef may get omitted soley as there is not really a match up for him against the dogs..

So that may be Juice's chance!

Maric an outside chance IMO..

while im not saying it wont happen, why would we bring in another crumbing forward when we dont have a tall up there?

I'm stoked that Grimes is playing well. If he's doing well in a side thats getting thrashed that can only be a positive sign.

I dont think Newton deserves a senior spot. I dont rate him as highly as others, hes just to inconsistent. Good backup though if either of Bate, Miller or PJ get injured.

Maric doesnt deserve his debut after playing one good game. Sure promote youth, but hes still got alot to learn and it wasnt long ago he was only doing an average job of it in the Sandy Reserves.

[slight hiccup with the Luncheon resulted in; a cheaper meal, more food and not having to listen to any speakers. Knew I was off to a good start. During the course of the day had Kyle Cheney, Ben Holland, Issac Weetra, Jack Grimes, Kelly O'Donnell join us.

Went down to the rooms with Kyle a couple of times, spoke to more players and as it's VFL, listened to both Qtr time addresses.

Things to report outside individual game performances.

The 2s played with only 2 on the bench and lost a player during the game. Yep, that's right, they started with 20 and one was a promotion from the under 18s.

Sandy has 15 players (includes MFC) currently unavailable.

Kyle Cheney has a broken knuckle in his hand, sustained when he tried to punch a ball last week, missed, & punched the back of an opponents head. He Doesn't think the guy needs stiches & says he REALLY was trying to punch the ball. I payed close attention to him during the day and asked a lot of questions regarding coaches, players, training etc. I REALLY like the kid.

No, I'm not going to share, you want to really know stuff, get involved like our supporter group.

Last week, all the Ist year players (11, I think) went to Warrnambool with Brent Moloney and the boxing coach and trained.

Apparently, Auzzie thought the water temp was a bit colder than the islands up Nth. Again, not saying any more, our group sponsors Auzzie.

Adem Yze didn't come up, injury undetermined.

Ben Holland, shoulder injury and doesn't sound promising.

Liked Andy Lovells approach/ handling of the players and instructions.

Player report

Arrived at 12 so didn't see all of the 2s

Jack Grimes - Oh yeah, he can play, second game, limited opportunities, he still stood out. Reads it well, delivers it well.

Isaac Weetra - Great young bloke, just needs to believe. (I'm a Dennis Pagen believer, "its played between the ears")

The ones ( they lost, but watchout if they get the other 15 back)

38 Maric, Addam - Impressed with limited opportunity and not just kicking goals.

41 McNamara, Tom - for me a standout, someone I had not seen, liked his work ethic, 1%ers, going to check his stats.

42 Spencer, Jake - he is big

49 Meesen, John - he is flat footed (serious, I saw 10 sec of what he might be ie, clearing handball and great tackle) Jamar may be safe.

67 Carroll, Nathan - As good as Frawley, but lots of years older. He didn't drift down for a goal in the last, Chopper sent him down there.

68 Newton, Michael - an older man with some Nous sat next to Juice before the game and engaged him in conversation. The statement that lingers is; "I'll be able to kick'em from the square today". That prompted me to look at and probe. "Show pony" is appropriate. Alan Jaka (where is JakA)comes to mind. For all those who bag Sandy and say Newton is being held back by Sautner et al, The LESSON hasn't sunk in. Nick puts the CLUB first! yes! he struts around and thinks he can do it all, but his teammates WANT to kick it to him. When Juice plays with him they WANT to kick it to Sautner.

Newton has enormous talent. I hope Bailey takes him head on, coz that's what's needed and if he fails I don't want him. He will be another "Talent" without an ethic.

69 Frawley, James - One of the best

71 Petterd, Ricky - on the way back, he can play and we know it.

75 Bell, Daniel - I was surprised last year

Disclaimer: I can be out of step with mainstream observation and have a "half full" approach to things and I like it that way.

Oh, and shoot me if I'm not 100% accurate all the time.

Jack Grimes - Oh yeah, he can play, second game, limited opportunities, he still stood out. Reads it well, delivers it well.

38 Maric, Addam - Impressed with limited opportunity and not just kicking goals.

41 McNamara, Tom - for me a standout, someone I had not seen, liked his work ethic, 1%ers, going to check his stats.

68 Newton, Michael - an older man with some Nous sat next to Juice before the game and engaged him in conversation. The statement that lingers is; "I'll be able to kick'em from the square today". That prompted me to look at and probe. "Show pony" is appropriate. Alan Jaka (where is JakA)comes to mind. For all those who bag Sandy and say Newton is being held back by Sautner et al, The LESSON hasn't sunk in. Nick puts the CLUB first! yes! he struts around and thinks he can do it all, but his teammates WANT to kick it to him. When Juice plays with him they WANT to kick it to Sautner.

Newton has enormous talent. I hope Bailey takes him head on, coz that's what's needed and if he fails I don't want him. He will be another "Talent" without an ethic.

Thanks for that DW... All of these stood out for mine, most in a positive way, one is a real worry for his career.

[slight hiccup with the Luncheon resulted in; a cheaper meal, more food and not having to listen to any speakers. Knew I was off to a good start....

Kyle Cheney has a broken knuckle in his hand, sustained when he tried to punch a ball last week, missed, & punched the back of an opponents head. He Doesn't think the guy needs stiches & says he REALLY was trying to punch the ball. I payed close attention to him during the day and asked a lot of questions regarding coaches, players, training etc. I REALLY like the kid.

No, I'm not going to share, you want to really know stuff, get involved like our supporter group.

Thanks for the report, it's good to read considering I was unable to go to the game.

Just one small thing, this is a pet hate of mine. What is the point of the bolded part? If you don't want to share I can understand that, as a former player sponsor I understand that you wouldn't want to divulge some info given by the players however you've bascially boasted "I know something that you don't know." Other than that it's a great report for those of us who couldn't make it, very insightful specifically regarding Newton.

Cheers

Thanks for the report, it's good to read considering I was unable to go to the game.

Just one small thing, this is a pet hate of mine. What is the point of the bolded part? If you don't want to share I can understand that, as a former player sponsor I understand that you wouldn't want to divulge some info given by the players however you've bascially boasted "I know something that you don't know." Other than that it's a great report for those of us who couldn't make it, very insightful specifically regarding Newton.

Cheers

To me, that says 'if you want to be privy to this sort of thing, get down there and support the club like you should do.'

And i second that sentiment (if i'm right, that is).

Having said that, its impossible for me to get down there so I appreciate these things being passed on.