Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

DEMONLAND PLAYER OF THE YEAR VOTING

Yze_Magic

6 - Colin Sylvia (continuing fine season, and will win the Bluey)

5 - Colin Garland

4 - Brock McLean

3 - Matthew Warnock

2 - Austin Woneamirri

1 - brad Green

Worst on ground

1st. Daniel Bell - absoutely woeful

2nd. Cameron Bruce - giving off pathetic little handballs to teammates under pressure. happens EVERY DAMN WEEK and I have had a gutful.

3rd. Jace Bode

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 - Colin Garland

4 - Brock McLean

3 - Matthew Warnock

2 - Adem Yze

1 - Nathan Jones

6- Brock

5- Matty Warnock

4- Judy Garland

3- Adem Yze

2- Nathan Jones

1- Wonna

Apologies to Wheatley who was very good in the 1st half, and Sylvia who kicked 3 but lost marks for a couple of insipid defensive efforts.

Yze in the best? He went for two reckless snaps in the dying minutes when he had options closer to goal. I was furius, despite his otherwise ok game.

Very Robbo-esque of him I agree, but for the most part I thought he was very cool and his disposal was mostly good, the pudd running shot that he missed from 45 in the 3rd quarter notwithstanding.

5 - Colin Garland

4 - Brock McLean

3 - Matthew Warnock

2 - Adem Yze

1 - Nathan Jones

i'm a big sylvia fan too, but there was no way he was our best today... wasted oppotunities...

6 - McLean

5 - Warnock

4 - Jones

3 - Yze

2 - Wonaeamerri

1 - White

6- Brock

5- Matty Warnock

4- Judy Garland

3- Adem Yze

2- Nathan Jones

1- Wonna

Apologies to Wheatley who was very good in the 1st half, and Sylvia who kicked 3 but lost marks for a couple of insipid defensive efforts.

These votes are around the mark in my opinion.

Sylvia wasn't in the best 10.

5 - Colin Garland

4 - Brock McLean

3 - Matthew Warnock

2 - Austin Woneamirri

1 - brad Green

Worst on ground

2nd. Cameron Bruce - giving off pathetic little handballs to teammates under pressure. happens EVERY DAMN WEEK and I have had a gutful.

3rd. Jace Bode

At it again YM? 27 possies is exactly 27 times as many as you would get bright boy! You are so one-eyed and bloody biased. Take heed of what WJ told you and stop your BORING,BORING,BORING ZZZZZZZZZZZ Bruce bashing. We are fed up with your refusal to admit that you are WRONG! Get a NEW pair of binocculars mate! AND CHANGE THE CD! Your comments are as repetitious as reports on suicide bombings in Iraq.KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF. We Are sick of hearing them.

Yeah Yze last 2 efforts when he had sylvia and Morton free were horrible, especially as we were only 16 down at the time wrecked hsi game.

6 McLean, 9 hard ball gets and 9 clearances says enough

5. Warnock, Killed Cloke!

4. Wonna, every possession counted and chased and pressured a lot

3. Jones.

2. Garland, did most things right today another good game.

1. Green, gave his all

6 - McLean - got better as the game wore on. Very suited to his style and he loves it a big soggy under foot.

5- Yze - not a fan but have to give him credit, was excellent early and played like the Yze of old and actually went in.

4- Garland - liked his game today and closing speed and athletic punches were critical at times

3- Green - probably as good as Yze and having his best year - trade him to Carlton end of year - he is at his peak, it won't last !!

2- Warnock - our only big body and did most things well.

1 - Jones - consistent all day but geez would like to watch a game without him getting mowed down.

Wheatley and Bruce also good.

Bell defintely overdue for a few weeks at Sandy.

Does this mean we can turn off next week ??

5 - Colin Garland

4 - Brock McLean

3 - Matthew Warnock

2 - Austin Woneamirri

1 - brad Green

Worst on ground

3rd. Jace Bode

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

At it again YM? 27 possies is exactly 27 times as many as you would get bright boy! You are so one-eyed and bloody biased. Take heed of what WJ told you and stop your BORING,BORING,BORING ZZZZZZZZZZZ Bruce bashing. We are fed up with your refusal to admit that you are WRONG! Get a NEW pair of binocculars mate! AND CHANGE THE CD! Your comments are as repetitious as reports on suicide bombings in Iraq.KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF. We Are sick of hearing them.

Bobby, don't bother! ;)

Unfortunately i couldnt make it to the game today, as i've been absolutely floored with the flu for the whole long weekend (so don't count my votes in not needed). I was shattered that i wasn't able to walk the march and see the pre-match ceremony for our 150th, as well as a bloody good game of footy! I'm not sure my sore throat would've been able to cope with all that screaming though... I did more than enough of that at home on the couch. Especially after all those missed shots on goal in the second half.

But as expected on our 150th celebratons, our boys came out fighting and did not lie down, so credit to the team. But a loss is still a loss, though with the current draft system, it seems less worse than it should.

But it was definitely a game we could have won, and whilst i'm always dissappointed to lose, especially against Collingwood, there were a lot of good signs.

My votes:

6 - McLean - Clearly our best today. Was everywhere, used the ball well and kicked an important goal.

5 - Garland - Getting better every week. Starting to use the ball well. His best perfomance to date.

4 - Wonaeamirri - 3 goals and great forward pressure. An excitement machine!

3 - Warnock - Took the honours on T.Cloke

2 - Jones - Hard, solid game for Nat. Had more influence than in recent weeks + his running goal before half time was a gem.

1 - P. Johnson - Improved his influence in the ruck, especially in final term.

Green, Yze and Sylvia maybe a bit stiff to miss out on votes, but they all sprayed crucial shots at crucial times, and Yze and Sylvia (in particular), were shockingly unaccountable and selfish late in the game. Wheatley played alright, but had his fair share of poor disposals. White was pretty good, but i thought PJ showed more determination and physicality today, improved ruckwork, and a pretty good chase on Dale Thomas on the wing late in the game. Moloney was really good and tough in close again, before unfortunately incurring what looked like a broken wrist.

Bruce wasn't too bad, did some nice things. But overall was just OK in my opinion.

What have I said that is incorrect?

Why cant you handle the truth?

How the hell can you put up with Bruces continual rubbish dispisal and those crap handballs he does that cost the team every time? And 27 rubbish disposals mean nohting.

Sylvia had 6 shots on goal, took some lovely grabs and smashed the hell out of a few Pies. Its called 'having an impact'. Look it up.

Yze_Magic, get your damn hand off it.

How can you give Sylvia more votes than McLean and Garland? He kicked 3 goals, and missed 2 seaters. Big deal.

Yes he was good but if it wasn't for McLean's 9 clearances Sylvia wouldn't have got a single possession.

McLean, Garland and Warnock were the standouts today.

Colin Garland is awesome!

Have you noticed that every time we give the ball to Bruce forward of center our surge stops. I don't know how many times today we had players provide great run off the half back line through a number of linking hadballs only for the ball to end up in Bruce's hands and absolutely shank the kick or handball to someone 1 metre away who is in worst of a position than he is.

Cannot play to Bailey's gameplan.

Yze_Magic, get your damn hand off it.

How can you give Sylvia more votes than McLean and Garland? He kicked 3 goals, and missed 2 seaters. Big deal.

Yes he was good but if it wasn't for McLean's 9 clearances Sylvia wouldn't have got a single possession.

McLean, Garland and Warnock were the standouts today.

Colin Garland is awesome!

Garland and McLean got my 5 aand 4. Its not as if I forgot them.

Settle petal!

Have you noticed that every time we give the ball to Bruce forward of center our surge stops. I don't know how many times today we had players provide great run off the half back line through a number of linking hadballs only for the ball to end up in Bruce's hands and absolutely shank the kick or handball to someone 1 metre away who is in worst of a position than he is.

Cannot play to Bailey's gameplan.

Great post.

100% spot on. And he is on 500K a year, and is co-captain.

Yet people stick up for him.

6Garland

5Mclean

4Green

3Wheatley

2Aussie

1Warnock

Agree with that.

I cant for the life of me understand how people can give Yze votes when whatever good work he does he wrecks with some of the most selfish football you would seen.

It was not just the two inexplicable failures to centre the ball and have selfish shots on goal and missed. He had another set shot for goal which was clearly beyond Yze's range. Did he do the team thing and put it to the top of the square 10-15 metres? Not Yze. Had to go for the ping which just got rushed for a behind.

Not to mention the gimme he missed in the 3rd quarter.