Cameron Bruce

Yze_Magic

Now that you have opened the thread, let me ask how the hell this bloke has escaped an extended run at Sandy?

Another PATHETIC, SOFT, INSIPID display by him again today.

We will see if Bailey is serious about creating a winning culture this week. Bruce MUST be dropped.

An absolute waste of time, money and space.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure one of my fellow mods will delete this thread, and I'm sure many posters will go on the attack and abuse you because you really do sound like a broken record on this issue, however it's very difficult to disagree.

He is having a terrible season. His disposal is really below-standard now, and his decision making is poor.

What annoys me most though, is that he has been given the role of co-captaining the club, when there are a handful of players more worthy of the job.

Having said all that, he is hardly the only senior player who is struggling. Our biggest mistake is holding onto players for far too long, and not knowing when to cut our losses. Now we're stuck with players on big money, who do very little.

It's already been said, but i'll say it again. I can't believe he was made a co-captain, how is it that he can get in the leadership group in front of Green.

Very poor game today.

Garry Lyon wrote an article earlier in the week about "list cloggers". Basically the general jist was older players who are preventing youngers one's from coming through. Bruce is nothing more than a list clogger.

And forget trading him at the end of the year what club would take him? We could get a 4th round pick for him if we were lucky

Garry Lyon wrote an article earlier in the week about "list cloggers". Basically the general jist was older players who are preventing youngers one's from coming through. Bruce is nothing more than a list clogger.

And forget trading him at the end of the year what club would take him? We could get a 4th round pick for him if we were lucky

List clogger is a good description.

The MFC would be much better off with Adaam Maric or Shane Valenti in the team.

He can't be as bad as you say, maybe you are expecting too much when the club is underperforming and is under heavy pressure. He is leading the handballs, 2nd in Disposals, 3rd in marks, 4th in Kicks and 5th in tackles. He hasn't even been playing a full time midfield role, usually playing off the half back trying to shutdown key position forwards. And started the season slowly due to injury give the poor bloke a farkin break

"Davey, Woneamirri, Natanui, Maric, Bate, Morton, Buckley... where amazing happens"

Hmmm, let's see. davey out injured, wonaeamirri wasn't sighted, naitanui isnt on our list, maric can't make the team, bate injured his hand, morton has the flu and buckley is buckley. Pretty amazing

"Davey, Woneamirri, Natanui, Maric, Bate, Morton, Buckley... where amazing happens"

Hmmm, let's see. davey out injured, wonaeamirri wasn't sighted, naitanui isnt on our list, maric can't make the team, bate injured his hand, morton has the flu and buckley is buckley. Pretty amazing

People who pin their hopes on players that have not played a single game for the club have their heads in the clouds.

I'm sure one of my fellow mods will delete this thread, and I'm sure many posters will go on the attack and abuse you because you really do sound like a broken record on this issue, however it's very difficult to disagree.

He is having a terrible season. His disposal is really below-standard now, and his decision making is poor.

What annoys me most though, is that he has been given the role of co-captaining the club, when there are a handful of players more worthy of the job.

Having said all that, he is hardly the only senior player who is struggling. Our biggest mistake is holding onto players for far too long, and not knowing when to cut our losses. Now we're stuck with players on big money, who do very little.

Your spot-on Jaded, It's time now as we see our oldtimers falling over to clean the decks of all older players but the ones who still do the hard physical team things..

Those to go :- (NEITZ, retired), Yze - retire, Robbo - retire, White - retire whilst on top, Bruce to trade for 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Those to keep one more ;- Holland to cover while developing S Martin & Newton/Zomer, Whelan one more, as insurance, Green as is now playing his best, McDonald one more, as a great example of hard team player.

I am a big Bruce fan and defend him regularly on this site. He is the first to be picked on when we lose and obviously this year he is an easy target. On saying that he had his worst game for the year today and I admit he was awful. However, when moved on the ball he played better. Hopefully, this will be the end of him playing on the HBF. Anyway I am willing to cut him some slack this week because he has been one of our best most weeks despite the usual bruce bashers here.

I am a big Bruce fan and defend him regularly on this site. He is the first to be picked on when we lose and obviously this year he is an easy target. On saying that he had his worst game for the year today and I admit he was awful. However, when moved on the ball he played better. Hopefully, this will be the end of him playing on the HBF. Anyway I am willing to cut him some slack this week because he has been one of our best most weeks despite the usual bruce bashers here.

'Maybe next year', maybe you should call yourself 'near enough good enough'.

You are getting as bad as YM in your bagging of Bruce. Melbourne lose again and who do you blame? Bruce. Have a look at today's stats and think again. Bruce 21 poss.@76%, Moloney 15@67%, Yze 15@60%, SYLVIA 19@68%, White 18 @ 67%, Jones 20 @ 60%. Bruce gets over 20 possessions every week and continues to run his guts out and yet you still find him accountable over all others. Be fair and get off his back! I notice too that others who support Bruce have not fallen for the bait that YM has presented. They have not bothered to respond to his and YOURS unfounded criticism. Get out there mate and do BETTER!

You are getting as bad as YM in your bagging of Bruce. Melbourne lose again and who do you blame? Bruce. Have a look at today's stats and think again. Bruce 21 poss.@76%, Moloney 15@67%, Yze 15@60%, SYLVIA 19@68%, White 18 @ 67%, Jones 20 @ 60%. Bruce gets over 20 possessions every week and continues to run his guts out and yet you still find him accountable over all others. Be fair and get off his back! I notice too that others who support Bruce have not fallen for the bait that YM has presented. They have not bothered to respond to his and YOURS unfounded criticism. Get out there mate and do BETTER!

We all know Y_M is just a sniffling Country Member.

I know you remember. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You can flash all the meaningless stats you like.

Doesnt change the fact that Bruce is taking a spot on the list from someone who actually might have some skill, and who will have a dip for the MFC.

You must have missed the part where it says 'Melbourne FC 2009'.

He can't be as bad as you say, maybe you are expecting too much when the club is underperforming and is under heavy pressure. He is leading the handballs, 2nd in Disposals, 3rd in marks, 4th in Kicks and 5th in tackles. He hasn't even been playing a full time midfield role, usually playing off the half back trying to shutdown key position forwards. And started the season slowly due to injury give the poor bloke a farkin break

Yeah, 'mick2007', but Jaded reckons he's having an 'awful' season so she must be a better judge than you and I and the MFC selectors. Those stats really indicate his true worth but it fails to convince a MINORITY of our posters.

Yeah, 'mick2007', but Jaded reckons he's having an 'awful' season so she must be a better judge than you and I and the MFC selectors. Those stats really indicate his true worth but it fails to convince a MINORITY of our posters.

The 'stats' also say that Andrew Carrazzo is a champion.

So let me get this straight, you went to the match, you saw Bruce's 21 possessions and you are now suggesting he had a good game?

Statistics will show his disposal was effective 76% of the time, statistics won't show the number of disposals that put teammates under pressure, the number of times he took the wrong option, and the number of times he chose not to man-up on his opponent. So he only turned the ball over 23% of the time, but that does not mean that for the rest of the time he made his possessions count.

Moloney, Yze, Sylvia and White are hardly the sort of players that one would aspire to compare to. Yze is selfish, White is on his last leg, Moloney is the greatest waster of disposals in Melbourne and Sylvia has done nothing in 5 seasons. As for Jones, when Bruce finds himself winning the contested ball 9 out of 10 times and is put under the same pressure that Jones is under, come back to me with their respective statistics (also when Bruce turns 20 again we can make the same comparison).

I know that because Yze_Magic started this thread, it's very tempting to refute his argument, however so far not one person has been able to argue with him because Bruce was terrible and his disposal and effectiveness has been terrible all season long, even if he is racking up double figure possessions... Godfrey used to as well you know. That he is a leader of this club only makes his glaring deficiencies harder to swallow.