Brockster

demon3165

Yeah, let's give him to another team with a couple of other decent midfielders where he want get the no.1 tag and watch him rack up quality possessions.

What would be the point of trading him and getting in an even younger midfielder, then they will tag Jones and he will get tagged out of the game and you will be calling for his trade.

He will get there eventually. He is still young and need the support of the other midfielders around him to either pick up the slack, or provide some more blocking and screening for him.

Yeah, let's give him to another team with a couple of other decent midfielders where he want get the no.1 tag and watch him rack up quality possessions.

What would be the point of trading him and getting in an even younger midfielder, then they will tag Jones and he will get tagged out of the game and you will be calling for his trade.

He will get there eventually. He is still young and need the support of the other midfielders around him to either pick up the slack, or provide some more blocking and screening for him.

Yes he does have some talent, but he is lazy when we are down, shows no interest at times, does stupid things at times on the field when he is frustrated and this from a so called future skipper, this is the time that good players stand up and show the way so you tell me who are you willing to trade to get extra draft picks or players to build this club up?

At least Sylvia who went to the HBF and has shown an upside which might save him in the futue.

The hawks made hard decisions and traded hard, and look where they are now, there is no sediment in football any more.

there was an article in the paper the other day and it said he was our next gun midfielder, i would like this to be the case but ive never been a fan, i dont think we will be traiding him .. but he seems to be getin more and more disapointing.

he looks slow and uneasy atm , unlike his famous last qrt against the saints

Name me any good YOUNG players that the Hawks traded?

Where did I say the word young? all I said was they traded players to get what they wanted, so who do you want to trade? or do you think we don't need to, cannot have it both ways or do you think we just have whatever picks we get into the draft and that will do?.

What a joke....

No matter how good a midfield player is, when the opposition want to lock them down they will struggle. Judd is probably the ONLY exception!!!!

I guess your 'knee jerk reaction' comes from his lack of possesions and influence last weekend?

Well then let's make a comparison with some other midfielders shall we.

Brock McLean 69 games - 10 disposals

Andrew Macleod (a far better player than Brock....at the moment at least) 291 games - ONLY 12 disposals

Tyson Edwards (see above) 274 games - ONLY 15 disposals

At least Jones stepped into the breach. Last round in case you forgot Jones only got 4 disposals.....and Brock did all the work.

Personally I would say they are dong well for such a young and inexperienced pair.

Frankly it's a pretty good sign that our oppositon CAN'T shut both of them down.

FYI. The club that has done the best job so far in North; who held them to 14 and 16 disposals. All others, including Geelong have struggled to keep either, or a least one, under 20+ disposals.

On an aside.....It's a pity you can't trade suppporters, or people masquerading as supporters like you, I am sure you would fit in well with the other cannibals down at Toigers Land.

Go Dees - Keep the Faith

Where did I say the word young? all I said was they traded players to get what they wanted, so who do you want to trade? or do you think we don't need to, cannot have it both ways or do you think we just have whatever picks we get into the draft and that will do?.

If you think we are getting smashed now, what do you think will happen if we trade away our No.1 midfielder and replace him with a 17 year old kid who will take a few years to develop and may end up being no better?

And, i don't want to hear that Brock is not our No.1 midfielder. If he isn't, then why do opposing coaches always give him the heaviest tag? What happened when Freo decided not to tag him, or Geelong in the first half?

How about we show a little faith in our young players and coaching staff and let them mature and hopefully become a dominant midfield, instead of just having these knee jerk reactions when the whole team is underperforming as a collective.

At least Sylvia who went to the HBF and has shown an upside which might save him in the futue.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Pick #3 drafted as a midfielder gets a 1/2 a game of cheapies in defense and it's an upside.

Ryan Lonie looked good at times on a HBF.....

there was an article in the paper the other day and it said he was our next gun midfielder, i would like this to be the case but ive never been a fan, i dont think we will be traiding him .. but he seems to be getin more and more disapointing.

he looks slow and uneasy atm , unlike his famous last qrt against the saints

He didn't look fast then either :wacko:

lazy or young and easily Dispirited?

when he first started he didnt have the tank kinda like master bate, then he got stronger and did really well but attrached interest now teams no you shut down brock that leaves jones and thats it... no clearances from our recievers..

so is it any wonder when you have a team of tryhards and no real stars that brock gets shut down so effectively?? to be honest if we didn have brock being a deocy how much ball would the other s get then???

What a joke....

No matter how good a midfield player is, when the opposition want to lock them down they will struggle. Judd is probably the ONLY exception!!!!

I guess your 'knee jerk reaction' comes from his lack of possesions and influence last weekend?

Well then let's make a comparison with some other midfielders shall we.

Brock McLean 69 games - 10 disposals

Andrew Macleod (a far better player than Brock....at the moment at least) 291 games - ONLY 12 disposals

Tyson Edwards (see above) 274 games - ONLY 15 disposals

At least Jones stepped into the breach. Last round in case you forgot Jones only got 4 disposals.....and Brock did all the work.

Personally I would say they are dong well for such a young and inexperienced pair.

Frankly it's a pretty good sign that our oppositon CAN'T shut both of them down.

FYI. The club that has done the best job so far in North; who held them to 14 and 16 disposals. All others, including Geelong have struggled to keep either, or a least one, under 20+ disposals.

On an aside.....It's a pity you can't trade suppporters, or people masquerading as supporters like you, I am sure you would fit in well with the other cannibals down at Toigers Land.

Go Dees - Keep the Faith

People like you with rose coloured glasses never see the other side, you want to go for the man then thats ok by me and I did not base it on last week but if you think our midfield is great then good on you except for one half of football against Freo what have we done, nothing, but I guess thats ok by you, it's people like you that like to put up with sub standard games and still clap them off........

People like you with rose coloured glasses never see the other side, you want to go for the man then thats ok by me and I did not base it on last week but if you think our midfield is great then good on you except for one half of football against Freo what have we done, nothing, but I guess thats ok by you, it's people like you that like to put up with sub standard games and still clap them off........

Show me where I said our midfield was great. :blink:

by the way, it will be in two to three years . ;)

You are entitled to your opinion, but at least give a reason. Otherwise you just look like a snivelling whinger who knows nothing about the game you follow.

If you are going to reply to this; here's your chance to give some REASONS for your comment, not only for me, but for the other 150+ people who thought it was worth taking a peek at.

Go Dees

Well what have you based it on? We played a clearly top 4 team and got done by 12 goals, in situations such as this there are always going to be players who have a small influence. Last week it was Jones, why didn't you call for him to be traded? Because they are the future of this club. Did you forget last week? Or the Geelong match where he was best on ground in the first half? The problem isn't McLean, its the fact that we don't have enough players who can take up the slack when one of our better players is tagged out of the game.

Show me where I said our midfield was great. :blink:

by the way, it will be in two to three years . ;)

You are entitled to your opinion, but at least give a reason. Otherwise you just look like a snivelling whinger who knows nothing about the game you follow.

If you are going to reply to this; here's your chance to give some REASONS for your comment, not only for me, but for the other 150+ people who thought it was worth taking a peek at.

Go Dees

[censored], I already have said what I think of him, do you need reading lessons? our midfield is not great and it showed again on Sunday we had a inexperienced backline that need help from players like Brock (who you might think that he is leadership material) and what did he do jack. It is not all his fault but leaders stand up when it counts or try to do something, I am also looking at the future that most of our senior players will be past their use by date and no one will give us high draft picks or players, which only really leaves Brock, Jones, Moloney or Sylvia that have something to offer, you also have to remember Grimes when fit is also highly regarded as a midfielder so one of the first three might have to go.

Well what have you based it on? We played a clearly top 4 team and got done by 12 goals, in situations such as this there are always going to be players who have a small influence. Last week it was Jones, why didn't you call for him to be traded? Because they are the future of this club. Did you forget last week? Or the Geelong match where he was best on ground in the first half? The problem isn't McLean, its the fact that we don't have enough players who can take up the slack when one of our better players is tagged out of the game.

He was shocking in the first half of the freo match, so now he is a frontrunner, Jones a least try's all day not when it suits him.

I doubt that McLean will get traded, unless he wants to go of course. The reason why he won't go is because he's a bloody good midfielder, something that we don't have alot of. McLean, Jones, Grimes, Bate and Morton are our future, this is the core of our team over the next half a dozen years.

He was shocking in the first half of the freo match, so now he is a frontrunner, Jones a least try's all day not when it suits him.

I don't see how he is a front runner, when we have hardly been "in front" all year.

I would say that Brock was one of the catalysts in that 2nd half due to having the luxury of nobody running with him.

I understand your argument in regards to trade bait, but you are yet to produce an argument that convinces me that trading Brock will improve our team next year, or in three years time.

I am sure in yur mind you must be thinking, "trade Brock, pick up the next Buddy. Simple". But the reality is we may get another Sylvia or Molan. Clubs are going to be reluctant to give up high draft picks this year in light of concessions arriving for the new clubs, so we may not even get decent value for him anyway.