Sign in to follow this  
Moonshadow

The Zac Bailey thread

This article says we have shown interest in Zac Bailey and may use one of our first 3 picks on him. Adelaide and Port have picks after these. Other clubs could be eyeing him off too.

Anyone know much about him?

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-06/nt-draft-bolter-bailey-cant-explain-his-improvement

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Strong around the ball, good pace, looks to release team mates with solid handballs while drawing contact from opponents. Only query at this stage is his kicking. It's inconsistent, but I don't think it's a skill issue, I think it's a composure issue where he hasn't learnt to slow down the last step or two to steady for the kick. I think it's due to inexperience and not knowing his limits yet. Could be fixed and would be a good option with any of our picks if he's available.

• Like 3

Yes a definite chance.  I see him as a 25-35 draft pick and he would be a good choice at our picks (any one of 29,31,36). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

This article says we have shown interest in Zac Bailey and may use one of our first 3 picks on him. Adelaide and Port have picks after these. Other clubs could be eyeing him off too.

Anyone know much about him?

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-06/nt-draft-bolter-bailey-cant-explain-his-improvement

Not worried. We'll bring him in for a late pick in 2 years when he wants to come home (We're the NT Dees right?)

• Like 1

The last bolter we got (Oliver) turned out to be pretty good.

If we get this kid lets hope for a similar result...

5 hours ago, rjay said:

The last bolter we got (Oliver) turned out to be pretty good.

If we get this kid lets hope for a similar result...

Indeed Mitch Hannan says hi too! :lol:

20 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

Strong around the ball, good pace, looks to release team mates with solid handballs while drawing contact from opponents. Only query at this stage is his kicking. It's inconsistent, but I don't think it's a skill issue, I think it's a composure issue where he hasn't learnt to slow down the last step or two to steady for the kick. I think it's due to inexperience and not knowing his limits yet. Could be fixed and would be a good option with any of our picks if he's available.

Given the state of our list that's a pretty big red flag. 

• Like 1

his highlights look really good. personally, i'd be stoked with him at 29.

Just spent quite a while watching through some of his games and highlights. The best thing I like about this kid, is that he has willingness to take the game on, and loves to hold the ball and draws a defender for him to tackle which allows a team mate last second to be released and fires off a handball. Oliver does this very well also, and those traits have class written all over them.

Would be stoked for this guy, will be a player. Watch this space.

Edited by juzzk1d
  • Like 1