Jump to content

  • Demonland Interviews

Dappa Dan

NFL

Recommended Posts

Jags, 49ers, Packers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Yup. Almost certainly will be (Dallas finishing with a 9 & 7 record thus probably winning the division)

But of course Dallas have got the Saints next up ... lose that and then they then play your Eagles in a season definer (decider?)  So they could slip to 6 & 7 within 2 weeks and then they'd probably need to win their last 3 to win the division.

I doubt that the Saints will slip up with the 1 seed at stake so your Eagles hold the key.  And if Philadelphia can somehow rediscover their proper form,  they can finish off the season well (much like the Packers,  Vikes,  Falcons,  Jags & Seattle can all rally and finish well)

The 2 wild-card spots are up for grabs in the NFC ... for instance,  the Bears have almost certainly secured a playoff berth unless they 'lose-out' for the rest of the season.

image.png.8fe3cf3ca29b73a1e551e77bc2ff0b04.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Macca said:

But of course Dallas have got the Saints next up ... lose that and then they then play your Eagles in a season definer (decider?)  So they could slip to 6 & 7 within 2 weeks and then they'd probably need to win their last 3 to win the division.

I doubt that the Saints will slip up with the 1 seed at stake so your Eagles hold the key.  And if Philadelphia can somehow rediscover their proper form,  they can finish off the season well (much like the Packers,  Vikes,  Falcons,  Jags & Seattle can all rally and finish well)

The 2 wild-card spots are up for grabs in the NFC ... for instance,  the Bears have almost certainly secured a playoff berth unless they 'lose-out' for the rest of the season.

I reckon it's as good a chance as any that they'll all be 6-6, Skins, Eagles and Cowboys... problem is... Eagles won't get by the Rams... have to play Dallas in Dallas... and I don't even think they're a sure thing to beat Giants, let alone Skins twice...

My only hope is that Dallas somehow stumbles (looking unlikely), Eagles sweep the rest of the division and end up playing skins to go to playoffs.

Thing is, noone in that division is winning a playoff. No chance.

Loving that the Bears are relevant as well. Loving what they're doing both sides of the ball. No disrespect for other teams in their division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

I reckon it's as good a chance as any that they'll all be 6-6, Skins, Eagles and Cowboys... problem is... Eagles won't get by the Rams... have to play Dallas in Dallas... and I don't even think they're a sure thing to beat Giants, let alone Skins twice...

My only hope is that Dallas somehow stumbles (looking unlikely), Eagles sweep the rest of the division and end up playing skins to go to playoffs.

Thing is, noone in that division is winning a playoff. No chance.

Loving that the Bears are relevant as well. Loving what they're doing both sides of the ball. No disrespect for other teams in their division.

The Packers & Vikes have both been hugely disappointing and neither team has any excuses whatsoever.  And the Bears have been solid with terrific D and to be perfectly honest,  Chicago have shown up the other 2. 

But it is not over yet in terms of securing a wild-card spot ... there's normally always 2 or 3 teams in each conference that rally late and I'm hoping that GB can be 1 of those teams.  As previously stated,  we don't have any excuses not to rally late.  If we play to our best we can win any of our remaining 6 games.  If not,  it's a massive fail. 

@ Vikes,  vs Arizona,  vs Atlanta,  @ Bears,  @ Jets & vs Detroit.  

Edited by Macca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I had no idea that there was an NFL thread on demonland! How convenient.

After getting back from a US trip with my American partner, I’m now a newly converted-Rams fan. As I’m not really into cricket, I couldn’t be happier that I’ve found a sport that I can watch while Afl is out of season!!

I wanted to reach out to any other Australia-based nfl watchers...about whether anyone knows of any good places/sites to stream game replays? I considered the NFL game pass but it seems too pricey to buy one this late in the season. Any help would be much appreciated! 

 

Go Rams 🐏

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pilgrim said:

Hi everyone! I had no idea that there was an NFL thread on demonland! How convenient.

After getting back from a US trip with my American partner, I’m now a newly converted-Rams fan. As I’m not really into cricket, I couldn’t be happier that I’ve found a sport that I can watch while Afl is out of season!!

I wanted to reach out to any other Australia-based nfl watchers...about whether anyone knows of any good places/sites to stream game replays? I considered the NFL game pass but it seems too pricey to buy one this late in the season. Any help would be much appreciated! 

 

Go Rams 🐏

Welcome to the House, who’s house? RAMS HOUSE!!!

Other than Foxtel and game pass, I think mate show some games.

Game pass whilst expensive I loved as I got every Rams game plus I could watched condensed gams of others plus all the shows.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Welcome to the House, who’s house? RAMS HOUSE!!!

And here am I thinking it was an NFL thread

Should us non Ram fans start a new thread Gorg? 😏🙄😁

 

 

 

Edited by Macca
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My tips - Pats,  Steelers,  Packers

Paging @titan_uranus  @Dr. Gonzo 

 

Leaderboard in the comp

6 - JV7,  Dr. Gonzo

5 - layzie

4 - Go the Biff,  Clintosaurus,  Dappa Dan,  Dee Zephyr,  DeeSpencer

3 - titan_uranus,  Gorgoroth,  Macca, 

2 - DemonDave

image.png.50347443d7bd30beeef587a618e7be0b.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Macca said:

And here am I thinking it was an NFL thread

Should us non Ram fans start a new thread Gorg? 😏🙄😁

 

 

 

Nah, it’s ok mate. We will let you still post in here 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gorgoroth said:

Nah, it’s ok mate. We will let you still post in here 😂

Ha ha ha!

To be fair,  you've been through a mountain of pain with those Fisher-led Rams.  A living nightmare for a decade - bit like the Demons so it's a double resurgence. 

You'll go close this year but those pesky Saints are your only stumbling block as I see it ... and New Orleans are playing lights-out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Macca said:

Ha ha ha!

To be fair,  you've been through a mountain of pain with those Fisher-led Rams.  A living nightmare for a decade - bit like the Demons so it's a double resurgence. 

You'll go close this year but those pesky Saints are your only stumbling block as I see it ... and New Orleans are playing lights-out. 

Saints are playing the best ball in the comp. still, just got to be better on the day if we manage to get to the championship game.

We needed to secure top seed so we didn’t have to travel to N.O.

They have some good teams to vs as do we, I think both will lose a game on the run into the playoffs, just a matter if they lose more than us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Saints are playing the best ball in the comp. still, just got to be better on the day if we manage to get to the championship game. 

We needed to secure top seed so we didn’t have to travel to N.O.

They have some good teams to vs as do we, I think both will lose a game on the run into the playoffs, just a matter if they lose more than us.

I can tell you from first-hand experience that the NFC Championship game on the road is almost worth 2 TD's or more in terms of the scoreline. 

Packers in the last 5 years have lost at Seattle & at Atlanta in NFC Championship games so home field does matter ... by contrast,  it didn't matter in 2010/11 when GB were on the road throughout the playoffs and captured the prize. 

As you said,  either way,  you just have to be better on the day regardless.  Even at this early stage it's hard to imagine the Rams not having the wild-card weekend off so you've just got to make sure you aren't rusty in week 2 of the playoffs (as GB were in 2011/12 when we inexplicably lost to the Giants at Lambeau in week 2 of the playoffs after going 15-1 in the regular season)

Nothing is guaranteed but it's exciting times for your Rams.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pilgrim said:

Hi everyone! I had no idea that there was an NFL thread on demonland! How convenient.

After getting back from a US trip with my American partner, I’m now a newly converted-Rams fan. As I’m not really into cricket, I couldn’t be happier that I’ve found a sport that I can watch while Afl is out of season!!

I wanted to reach out to any other Australia-based nfl watchers...about whether anyone knows of any good places/sites to stream game replays? I considered the NFL game pass but it seems too pricey to buy one this late in the season. Any help would be much appreciated! 

 

Go Rams 🐏

Welcome mate! Always good to see people getting more into the NFL and the Rams are a great team to get on board. Good times ahead on field and will soon have a stadium that will be the envy of the league! 

As for watching games it’s not easy without the game pass which is amazing if you can afford it, don’t have it this year unfortunately. 7 Mate does 3 games on Monday morning and fortunately for you the Rams should feature in a few of those from now till the end of the season. Failing that the NFL channel on Youtube is good for 10 min highlight packages of each game, last resort but it’s better than nothing. Just make sure if you don’t know the final score that you squint when you start the video because it shown at that moment! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Ben with the pick to lose the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dappa was the lone points scorer this week whilst the rest of us bombed out with either the Jags or Steelers (or both!) 

Leaderboard in the comp

6 - JV7,  Dr. Gonzo

5 - layzie,  Dappa Dan

4 - Go the Biff,  Clintosaurus,  Dee Zephyr,  DeeSpencer

3 - titan_uranus,  Gorgoroth,  Macca, 

2 - DemonDave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Big Ben with the pick to lose the game!

Quite a moment wasn't it.  I'm not sure I've ever seen him throw an interception like that  

That loss could be very costly for the Steelers in terms of gaining the 1 or 2 seed in the AFC.  Pittsburgh still have to play the Pats,  Saints (A) & Chargers so just winning the division will be of paramount importance for them now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Big Ben with the pick to lose the game!

 

10 hours ago, Macca said:

Quite a moment wasn't it.  I'm not sure I've ever seen him throw an interception like that  

That loss could be very costly for the Steelers in terms of gaining the 1 or 2 seed in the AFC.  Pittsburgh still have to play the Pats,  Saints (A) & Chargers so just winning the division will be of paramount importance for them now.

I was walking past the desk the packers and steeelers fan at work sit at, I asked the score (I usually avoid so I can 2atch but doing waaaay too much OT at the min) and they had the ball at the 15, I kept walking past, h3 yells out, it’s at the 1 yrd line, I turned around and said “He will throw an interception!”

So that happened... I actually thought he was lying to me so I walked back to see it on the screen... what a huge result.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Macca said:

Quite a moment wasn't it.  I'm not sure I've ever seen him throw an interception like that  

That loss could be very costly for the Steelers in terms of gaining the 1 or 2 seed in the AFC.  Pittsburgh still have to play the Pats,  Saints (A) & Chargers so just winning the division will be of paramount importance for them now.

I was against him in fantasy, and was just sitting hoping Connor would run it in. He got that 1 yard carry bringing it to the the 1... and then that.

Some good stuff this weekend. Gee the Chargers are going well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Some good stuff this weekend. Gee the Chargers are going well. 

8 & 3 is a great result for the Chargers and Rivers is at the top of his game as well.

QB's getting better into their late 30's is becoming the norm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2018 at 5:15 PM, Gorgoroth said:

Welcome to the House, who’s house? RAMS HOUSE!!!

Other than Foxtel and game pass, I think mate show some games.

Game pass whilst expensive I loved as I got every Rams game plus I could watched condensed gams of others plus all the shows.

Thanks for that Gorgoroth! I agree the game pass is great, I tested out the free trial and it’s defintely a good investment. I’m more weighing up if it’s worth it this late in the season. Next year for sure!

🐏🔥🐏🔥🐏🔥

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Texans won their 8th straight...

And it's good to see a number of teams with excellent D vying for playoff spots.  They say that defense often wins out but the offense of KC,  Rams, Saints is quite something. 

The teams with the best balance are probably still the Pats & Steelers whilst the D of the Chargers,  Dallas & Chicago has been quite miserly but Dallas' ability to score is an issue for them. 

The Chargers run home isn't easy ... @ Steelers,  vs Cinci,  @ KC,  vs Ravens,  @ Denver. 

By contrast,  Houston can win out and could quite possibly snag the 1 or 2 seed in the AFC ... vs Browns,  vs Indi,  @ Jets, @ Eagles,  vs Jags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we get some kind of participation award for nailing 0 tips? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Do we get some kind of participation award for nailing 0 tips? 

If I was to frame the odds this week there would be a few big drifters whilst the plunge might be the on the cards with a couple!  We're rapidly running out of weeks DZ. 

I will post up the games for week 13 directly.  It's 'Moving' week coming up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×