True or False

praha

1. The Melbournefc 2008 team is performing worse in the first 5 rounds then any other team in the last 10 years.

2. Chris Judd would have saved this club, on and off the field.

3. Judd would be a Demon had Kevin Sheedy been coach

4. Paul Gardner is an idiot

5. Dean Bailey is implementing a gameplan suited to quick, fit and confident footballers, ala. Port Power 2004. We do not have quick, fit and confident footballers.

6. If Melbourne's performance doesn't improve after 6 rounds, as said it would, Dean Bailey will get the sack/resign

7. MelbourneFC will be a completely different club/brand/image in 3 years time.

8. 150 years of history means nothing when you have 40+ years of mediocrity

9. The AFL was sitting back in its big, expensive leather chair last week at the site of 23k at a match played by two Melbourne clubs, and thinking "Goodluck, guys! You're on your own from here on in."

10. North and Melbourne will eventually join forces aka. merge.

11. Most Melbourne members would support such a move

12. Melbourne's performance this year, on and off the field, is exactly what the AFL wants. They don't want 10 teams in Melbourne. The more the bigger clubs distance themselves from the smaller ones, the more oppurtunity there is for relocation and folding.

13. Cameron Bruce is the most overrated player in the AFL

14. David Neitz is finished

15. Adam Yze is finished

16. The Melbourne FC is finished.

17. would we have been in better shape if we lost the game vs carlton end of last year?

That's not true or false. That's yes or no lol But yes, we would have been.

1. The Melbournefc 2008 team is performing worse in the first 5 rounds then any other team in the last 10 years.

True. We have lost every game this year - including the NAB Cup and Challenge matches - by an estimated average of 55 points, and have won, in total, a half of football in 5 games.

False. We would, however, have been better off.

False. Chris Judd wanted to move to Carlton because of the facilities and its players' potential for improvement, neither of which have anything to do with its coach.

False. He is a man with no brand, no money, no team and no time. A victim of circumstance.

5. Dean Bailey is implementing a gameplan suited to quick, fit and confident footballers, ala. Port Power 2004. We do not have quick, fit and confident footballers.

True. If we had any of these things, we would not have lost to the Blues.

6. If Melbourne's performance doesn't improve after 6 rounds, as said it would, Dean Bailey will get the sack/resign

False. He has at least two more years. If Melbourne is in the same position in round 6 of 2010, Dean Baily will get the sack.

False. If it was going to happen, it would have already.

False. If it did, we'd already be dead.

9. The AFL was sitting back in its big, expensive leather chair last week at the site of 23k at a match played by two Melbourne clubs, and thinking "Goodluck, guys! You're on your own from here on in."

False. There is too much at stake for the AFL to let 1/8th of the Competition die.

False. The Melbourne Demons will be the Melbourne Demons until Rapture.

False. I wouldn't. Would you?

12. Melbourne's performance this year, on and off the field, is exactly what the AFL wants. They don't want 10 teams in Melbourne. The more the bigger clubs distance themselves from the smaller ones, the more oppurtunity there is for relocation and folding.

False. No Victorian club will move, merge or relocate without full support from its board and supporter-base.

False. Jonathan Brown is.

True, but will play out the year.

15. Adam Yze is finished

True, but will play a send-off match for Melbourne.

False, but that depends upon people like you and me. We can make a difference.

Fantastic post. Go Dees!

Yep

No. Judd was always going to C. He will be getting megga $'s in side deals courtesy of wealthy C supporters WHO WILL COUGH UP THE $'S

Maybe/maybe not

According to what some people are saying. What I've seen; you'd be guessing at the game plan.

Possibly, but I doubt it as the club can't afford it, and the AFL won't let them

Probably. but if they are no longer the Melbourne Demons in Red and Blue, I'll be moving on

Yep

Absolutely

No. I think one will fold.

don't know

Yep

Silly statement, showing your prejudices

Yep, sadly

15. Adam Yze is finished
Yep, was several years ago

Probably, sadly

Unless some doyen of industry puts up some big $'s al la Parry etc at C. By all measures, Carlton should have folded several years ago. But, see 2 & 3 above.

True but who cares about other teams as we need to control the controlables

False but he would be a good addition to any club

False

False

False

False

True

False but you cannot change history only the future

False

False

False

False

False

False but 2008 will be his last year

15. Adam Yze is finished

False but 2008 will be his last year

False

1. The Melbournefc 2008 team is performing worse in the first 5 rounds then any other team in the last 10 years. True

2. Chris Judd would have saved this club, on and off the field. False

3. Judd would be a Demon had Kevin Sheedy been coach. False

4. Paul Gardner is an idiot. False

5. Dean Bailey is implementing a gameplan suited to quick, fit and confident footballers, ala. Port Power 2004. We do not have quick, fit and confident footballers. True

6. If Melbourne's performance doesn't improve after 6 rounds, as said it would, Dean Bailey will get the sack/resign. False

7. MelbourneFC will be a completely different club/brand/image in 3 years time. False

8. 150 years of history means nothing when you have 40+ years of mediocrity. False

9. The AFL was sitting back in its big, expensive leather chair last week at the site of 23k at a match played by two Melbourne clubs, and thinking "Goodluck, guys! You're on your own from here on in." Probably true

10. North and Melbourne will eventually join forces aka. merge. Possibly true

11. Most Melbourne members would support such a move. False

12. Melbourne's performance this year, on and off the field, is exactly what the AFL wants. They don't want 10 teams in Melbourne. The more the bigger clubs distance themselves from the smaller ones, the more oppurtunity there is for relocation and folding. True

13. Cameron Bruce is the most overrated player in the AFL. False (you need to be rated to be overrated)

14. David Neitz is finished. True

15. Adam Yze is finished. True

16. The Melbourne FC is finished. False

True

False....our problems run deeper than one player

False....see previous answer

False.......I actually think he has done a good job in a very, very difficult position

False.....I see him trying to implement a gameplan that the players still haven't come to terms with yet. As a result their confidence is shot to pieces.

False.....Bailey deserves time and patience from the club and supporters at this stage - if you don't agree, wake up and smell the coffee........it's rebuild time!

True...we have to be, or we will perish.

False...........I'd rather support a club with a history of success, and 12 flags that's had it's ups and downs for the last 40 years, than a club that has no history, or one which has been making up the numbers since they started.

False

False

Absolutely False!

12. Melbourne's performance this year, on and off the field, is exactly what the AFL wants. They don't want 10 teams in Melbourne. The more the bigger clubs distance themselves from the smaller ones, the more opportunity there is for relocation and folding.

Somewhat True.......I'm not sure they wanted it to be Melbourne, but there's no doubt they want less teams in Melbourne

False

False.........will be True by seasons end though

15. Adam Yze is finished

True

Absolutely False - we are simply reloading and getting ready to rip it up for the next 150 years, except this time we'll land 24 flags!!!!!!!!!!

13. Cameron Bruce is the most overrated player in the AFL. TRUE, AND MOST OVERPAID. WHOEVER SIGNED HIM TO A MASSIVE CONTRACT SHOULD BE HUNG.

I can't believe you [censored]. Bruce was a late draftee who has carved a much finer career than ever envisaged by himself, the club, or his family. The [censored] pouring from footy stupid supporters on these sites never ceases to amaze me.

Would I have traded him for the right deal last year ? Sure, but business is business.

I can't believe you [censored]. Bruce was a late draftee who has carved a much finer career than ever envisaged by himself, the club, or his family. The [censored] pouring from footy stupid supporters on these sites never ceases to amaze me.

Would I have traded him for the right deal last year ? Sure, but business is business.

60+ draft pick as I remember.

Well said Hannabal

Guest fatty

Coming from you, that's amazing.

You play a tough game on these boards, Hannabal. Reality is, you're a big fat softy.

I seriously don't care what Bruce's family think of him. If you think he's come far enough, then you're wrong.

If anyone can adapt to what Bailey is trying to do, it should be Cam Bruce. Not yet, but. Maybe never.

Coming from you, that's amazing.

You play a tough game on these boards, Hannabal. Reality is, you're a big fat softy.

I seriously don't care what Bruce's family think of him. If you think he's come far enough, then you're wrong.

If anyone can adapt to what Bailey is trying to do, it should be Cam Bruce. Not yet, but. Maybe never.

Well, I'm not big, I'm not fat, and I'm not soft. Do I have more brains than you ? Undoubtedly.

I would've traded Bruce last year. I wanted to trade White 3 years ago. I wanted to trade Yze 2 years ago. I wanted Robertson off to Footscray last year. I advocated trading Johnstone 3 years ago because he was the cream, but would never make the cake rise and we needed the right mixers. I was happy when Woewodin left. I told CAC that Bizzell's 3 years was a joke. I only care about the team and its chances of winning a flag. Nothing else.

I've also stated that Cam Bruce plays his best football when in a negating role. It's how he started his career and made a name for himself, and what he does best. He's rarely beaten one on one and can push forward and expose his opponent the other way. Over the journey some have expected him to be the next James Hird, but he's not good enough. And as we know, supporters expectations are not to be trifled with. It's these expectations that dictate misguided views.

I remember what he did to Hird in the Broadbridge match. Obviously Bailey agrees, as he's shut down Brad Johnson, Steve Johnson, and now Nick Stevens. The passionate but nonetheless dumb supporters like you fail to understand his current role and what it brings to the team.

Why would I have traded him ? Purely because a flag wasn't close, he's not a star, and I thought we may have gained a valuable first round pick.

Am I soft, or am I realistic ?

Maybe you're just stupid.