Boo Judd this week

Tex

That would be a pretty immature thing to do. I dont hate him for choosing Carlton, he did what he thought would be best for his career. I still think he is a quality person and a champion footballer.

Go have a chandy will ya

I am for the simple reason that it seems he was never going to seriously consider Melbourne, but for whatever reasons, allowed us all to get our hopes up high. I just hope the AFL people are having a real good look at Carlton and what (and how) they paying him.

go buy some wood ..some nails.. some bolts.. get a saw and a drill.. build ya self a little bridge

AND BLOODY WELL GET OVER IT !! :lol:

Guest MFC4Life

No one hyped up anything, especially Judd. All he said was that our club was one of several he spoke to. If anyone hyped anything it was the media. The cold hard fact is that he had already made up up his mind and as I have already alluded to in previous threads I don't blame him one bit. He is on a massive contract and has a job for life after his career through the vessel that is Richard Pratt and Visyboard.

There are posters who are acting like 16-year-old boys that have had their arses dumped by a girl that they have been going out with for a fortnight.

Given that it has become clear (in that murky, underworld way that anything becomes clear at Carlton) that Judd did not seriously intend to move to any club other than the tank engines, the decision to prance around visiting each of four clubs, have them open up their facilities and make sales pitches to him, was reprehensible.

For him to suggest that he didn't want hype is also grossly disingenuous.

He played us along. I don't respect that.

But for what it's worth, I wont be booing him personally.

What I will be booing is the disgraceful Carlton culture which chose to tank, both because it is shameful and because they have received material rewards for it.

Though we missed out on an extra draft pick (no. 17 in 2007 draft) I'm comfortable knowing our honour is intact.

But damn we'd better win a few soon because I really don't want to even have to think about what that one win in rnd 22 could cost us (pick 17, 2007 + pick 1, 2008).

That sums up most of my thoughts exactly Distance Distance.

The other thing that lost my respect was the fact that while captain of a club, he walked out for more money. I would have been half able to understand that and believe the "going home" line if he had chosen the club he had supported as a youth for less money and worse facilities.

Guest MFC4Life

The other thing that lost my respect was the fact that while captain of a club, he walked out for more money. I would have been half able to understand that and believe the "going home" line if he had chosen the club he had supported as a youth for less money and worse facilities.

So he's going to leave for less money?

This whole 'he barracked for Melbourne' is absoulte crap. Footballers do not choose a team based on who they supported as a child. Firstly, do you really think Judd gives a crap about how Melbourne are fairing during the premiership season? Secondly, how do you know he was a supporter? Your assuming this from what youv've heard in the media. And even if he was how do you know if he even was a massive supporter of the club in the first place?

It's about time this club starts making their own champions and not salivating and slitting wrists over the ones that reject us.

When you considered how he was made Captain, it was a disgrace. Talk about a Clayton's appointment. The destructive Cousins was the real Captain there in both a positive and a negative sense. When Judd held the premiership cup up there on the dias, he immediately called Cousins up with him. It was an appointment of contingency not of merit and award.

I think the culture at WCE would have appalled Judd and good on him for giving such environments the flick. And regardless of the accusation of more money, he could have held WCE over a barrel and got the same or more especially with Cousins finished.

Its an unreasonable expectation to think footballers will not seek to get out of the game what they can.

Its a pity some people cant move on.

So he's going to leave for less money?

This whole 'he barracked for Melbourne' is absoulte crap. Footballers do not choose a team based on who they supported as a child. Firstly, do you really think Judd gives a crap about how Melbourne are fairing during the premiership season? Secondly, how do you know he was a supporter? Your assuming this from what youv've heard in the media. And even if he was how do you know if he even was a massive supporter of the club in the first place?

It's about time this club starts making their own champions and not salivating and slitting wrists over the ones that reject us.

If someone really wanted to go home then yes, some people would leave for less money. I was actually referring to less than what Carlton would pay, given that he had already decided to leave.

If hearing from Judd's own mouth that he supported Melbourne as a kid and had a poster of Gary Lyon on his wall isn't enough proof, then yes I am making an assumption about who he used to follow :rolleyes:

I doubt anyone is slitting their wrists or salivating over this either. Undoubtably I would like him to be playing for us, but I would far prefer to see someone we drafted as a 17 or 18 year old become a champion.

Guest MFC4Life
If someone really wanted to go home then yes, some people would leave for less money. I was actually referring to less than what Carlton would pay, given that he had already decided to leave.

If hearing from Judd's own mouth that he supported Melbourne as a kid and had a poster of Gary Lyon on his wall isn't enough proof, then yes I am making an assumption about who he used to follow :rolleyes:

I doubt anyone is slitting their wrists or salivating over this either. Undoubtably I would like him to be playing for us, but I would far prefer to see someone we drafted as a 17 or 18 year old become a champion.

Name one player in the last 20 years that has left a club for another purely on the basis that they supported the club in their youth, that they love the club unequivocally and that it had nothing to do with money.

I'd just like to add that I actually prefer the way things turned out, despite all the Carlton gloating.

We would not have Cale Morton (definate player), Jack Grimes and Addam Maric, as far as I can see. Maybe we would've traded someone like Dunn or Sylvia instead of one of these. (note Grimes=pick 14=Johnstone already)

Maybe it would've been the easy ticket to income security and media profile.

Maybe we need to just get it together as a club. As someone above has said, let's MAKE some champions, not sit wishing we had everyone elses.

Besides, with all the salary cap space about to open up, Jonathan Brown is practically in the bag already!

Judd announced he wanted to come home to Melbourne, the city, not the club. He then effectively made a short list of clubs he was going to speak to - Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Melbourne. 3 of the big clubs (2 are obviously the best positioned clubs in Melbourne, the other on the rebound through Pratts millions) and Melbourne - the ugly duckling of that group. Given the attractiveness of the other three clubs (facilites etc) we were only ever on that list because Judd supported us as a kid. Therefore if you believe him, then yes, some players do feel a tie to the club they grew up supporting.

The conclusions you can draw from what he did are either that he was really tempted to go and play for the team he grew up supporting OR he was using us as a foil to an already made deal with Carlton and to make his family happy.

I, like some of the other posters think we were used, therefore we feel how we feel.

Guest MFC4Life
I, like some of the other posters think we were used, therefore we feel how we feel.

Which is indicative of where the club is at. People hung up on the past and unwilling to let go, more concerned with having a [censored] then being constructive. [censored], no wonder everyone thinks we're a laughing stock.

I'd just like to add that I actually prefer the way things turned out, despite all the Carlton gloating.

We would not have Cale Morton (definate player), Jack Grimes and Addam Maric, as far as I can see. Maybe we would've traded someone like Dunn or Sylvia instead of one of these. (note Grimes=pick 14=Johnstone already)

Maybe it would've been the easy ticket to income security and media profile.

Maybe we need to just get it together as a club. As someone above has said, let's MAKE some champions, not sit wishing we had everyone elses.

Besides, with all the salary cap space about to open up, Jonathan Brown is practically in the bag already!

DD has a point, although we will never really know for sure, it may turn out to be in our best interests not to have got him, especially if we can snap up a likes of Rich whilst still finding a quality KPP or two in next years draft.

As far as having a go at Judd...he played us for suckers so deserves a bit of flak, the odd banner, a bit of booing. Hell its almost impolite if we don't! As long as its not taken too far its then its all good fun, gets it off our chests and reduces our chances of getting cancer.

And very pleased to hear that JB is practically in the bag :lol:

Which is indicative of where the club is at. People hung up on the past and unwilling to let go, more concerned with having a [censored] then being constructive. [censored], no wonder everyone thinks we're a laughing stock.

The club is struggling on and off the field becuase we don't like the fact we were used? Wow, I must try and be more positve in my thoughts towards oppisiton players, then we will become a powerhouse in the AFL :rolleyes:

Seriously though, the purpose of the thread was to satisfy my curiousity about what the breakdown was in regards to what people were thinking about Judd given some of the other threads about banners and booing etc on Sunday. As it turns out it is a close to 50/50 split between those that think less of him now and those that in all likelyhood don't care.

Guest MFC4Life
The club is struggling on and off the field becuase we don't like the fact we were used? Wow, I must try and be more positve in my thoughts towards oppisiton players, then we will become a powerhouse in the AFL :rolleyes:

Seriously though, the purpose of the thread was to satisfy my curiousity about what the breakdown was in regards to what people were thinking about Judd given some of the other threads about banners and booing etc on Sunday. As it turns out it is a close to 50/50 split between those that think less of him now and those that in all likelyhood don't care.

To paraphrase, I couldn't give a flying %k that he didn't choose us and find it sad that there are some who harp on it. You'd think the club is an unpaid prostitute. 50% of us 'feel used'? Turn it up.

we need a full back more than a midfielder.

I agree!

Given how badly we suck at the moment, we can pretty safely say that:

(1) Judd wouldn't have made that much difference; and

(2) We need to develop younger players.

Judd would have cost us Morton (and maybe another good kid aswell) and given where we are at and how long it might take us to be contenders, I'd rather have Morton