my 3 word player analysis V The Goos

joeboy

I assume your definition of contested is marking on the lead while your opponent tries to punch it away? If that's the case yes, he would be well up there, but how often can you recall him taking a pack mark, or even just one where he's toe-to-toe with his opponent and proves too strong? Unless my observation of matches is awful, hardly ever.

Mate, imho your definition of a contested mark is much more accurate. I just checked the heraldsun website and he's taken 2 contested marks for the entire season. How someone could translate two contested marks in four matches as being great I have no idea, all I know is whatever she's on I want some.

At least he tries hard I guess, hell, that's a great reason to make him captain

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartram - all at sea

Bell - poor awareness again

Bruce - stole clubs 500K

Carroll - not key defender

Davey - scintillating, palpatating, tittilating

Dunn - ready to arrive

Green - many cheap touches

Jamar - has no idea

C. Johnson - makes me laugh

Jones - regressing very rapidly

McDonald - uncharacteristically poor game

McLean - lost the plot

Miller - please get suspended

Morton - kid has smarts

Neitz - will retire shortly

Rivers - cant operate alone

Robertson - should be sacked

Sylvia - never wastes possession

Wheatley - another solid game

Whelan - a welcome contribution

White - cheap stats again

Wonaeamirri - mouth watering prospect

spot on, couldn' t agree more.

Bartram - all at sea

Bruce - stole clubs 500K

Dunn - ready to arrive

Jamar - has no idea

McLean - lost the plot

Morton - kid has smarts

TRIPE YM! I thought you were 'DONE" a couple of weeks ago. Your comments on Bruce are so BORING and bloody childish. Over 2000 posts of rubbish. Give us a break mate and start SUPPORTING the team instead of NEGATIVE CRITICISM. You must be the original FAIRWEATHER supporter. Go and jump on Geelong's bandwagon.

Mate, imho your definition of a contested mark is much more accurate. I just checked the heraldsun website and he's taken 2 contested marks for the entire season. How someone could translate two contested marks in four matches as being great I have no idea, all I know is whatever she's on I want some.

At least he tries hard I guess, hell, that's a great reason to make him captain

I said we should make him captain did I?

Guess how many players took more than 2 contested marks today?

None. That's right, Sylvia took 2 (both in junk time), most took none.

Miller marks more often than not. No he doesn't take huge pack marks, but he is not outmuscled very often by his opponent for the mark (when he can't mark, he normally punches, he doesn't let him opponent just take the easy mark). Maybe that doesn't classify as a 'contested mark' in the stat sheet, but it's a more worthy mark stat than players who get cheap marks on the wing with no opponent and no pressure.

By the way, Miller was first for marks this week and is 5th overall for the season.

He is also 4th in assists, so he does more than his fair share for the team.

Also, for anyone who cares, McLean is 5th overall in the league for contested possessions. Maybe he isn't starring right now, but at least he still lays his body on the line for the team.

TRIPE YM! I thought you were 'DONE" a couple of weeks ago. Your comments on Bruce are so BORING and bloody childish. Over 2000 posts of rubbish. Give us a break mate and start SUPPORTING the team instead of NEGATIVE CRITICISM. You must be the original FAIRWEATHER supporter. Go and jump on Geelong's bandwagon.

Bobby, you couldn't be more right. YM would still be pessimistic about Bruce if he racked up 30 touches and 5 goals.

Bartram - all at sea

Bruce - stole clubs 500K

Dunn - ready to arrive

Jamar - has no idea

McLean - lost the plot

Morton - kid has smarts

ABSOLUTE TRIPE! Your comments on Bruce are so BORING and bloody childish. We thought you were 'done' a couple of weeks ago but you still rock up with you usual NEGATIVE, NON CONSTRUCTIVE criticism of our players. You must be the ORIGINAL FAIRWEATHER supporter. If you can't stand losing, bugger off. Try 'supporting' Geelong, they should make you happy. Then again , maybe not . You would have very little to whinge about.

You absolute dill

I give credit where its due, and I give criticism where its warranted

if you cant handle the TRUTH AND REALITY of the current situation, then stop following football

You dont have the ticker

You absolute dill

I give credit where its due, and I give criticism where its warranted

if you cant handle the TRUTH AND REALITY of the current situation, then stop following football

You dont have the ticker

Going by this reply you are a child with limited intelligence and knowledge of the game. I'm the one that can handle the TRUTH and REALITY. You are the one who CANNOT! Played much footy at a high level? Or at any level. Come on level with me. AND NO [censored] PLEASE!

Going by this reply you are a child with limited intelligence and knowledge of the game. I'm the one that can handle the TRUTH and REALITY. You are the one who CANNOT! Played much footy at a high level? Or at any level. Come on level with me. AND NO [censored] PLEASE!

Bobby, the simple fact of the matter is , Bruce is soft. Y.M is right , soft players shouldnt be on top dollar

Bobby, the simple fact of the matter is , Bruce is soft. Y.M is right , soft players shouldnt be on top dollar

Bobby has no idea

What has Bruce done that's so bad?

You have to pay someone the money, and at least he's doing a half decent job.

Not sure how long ago he had his contract renewed but Holland would've been on a fair bit when he first came to the club and he's likely to languish in Sandringham colours all year

Your 3 word player analysis is ok except for Bruce. Its so boring reading your unconstructive criticism on Bruce. In all your posts its the same message "overpaid and soft", OK we get the message because you've been regurgitating this for weeks now and if you have not realized no one gives a s**t. And as Bobby said "Go and jump on Geelong's bandwagon" if you don't like losing, coz we wont win too many games this year.

Bartram - worked really hard

Bell - seen better games

Bruce - limited as defender

Carroll - good in parts

Davey - plenty to like

Dunn - showing some form

Green - just another game

Jamar - you're not PJ

C. Johnson - sandy next week

Jones - tried hard

McDonald - seen better afternoons

McLean - good and bad

Miller - still possible CHF!

Morton - rookie rollercoaster begins

Neitz - one more chance

Rivers - best backman at MFC!

Robertson - not there yet

Sylvia - good when needed

Wheatley - becoming very important

Whelan - will hit form

White - should have dominated, didn't

Wonaeamirri - showing good signs

Kramer, Bruce laid 6 effective tackles today as well as getting 21 possessions. Only Junior equalled that number and no one has called him 'soft'. Please define 'soft'. Do you and YM want all our players to be built like tanks with no skills and finesse. I suppose Robbie Flower was 'soft' too because he didn't go about steamrolling the opposition. All teams NEED silky, skilled players.

I said we should make him captain did I?

Learn to read, I didn't say that. That was in reference to the other experts on this site who thinks he should be our next captain

Guess how many players took more than 2 contested...blah blah blah

You backed up your theory with 3 points about Miller.

Firstly you were blatantly wrong about Miller's kicking to handballing ratio.

Secondly I still don't understand how you can translate two contested marks for the entire season as something to hang your hat on and get excited about.

Thirdly, he tries hard, so what?

I have no idea where you get your facts from but it does make for an entertaining read so please carry on. :lol:

Dean Bailey - interchange! interchange! interchange!

JMac was awful, must be completely unfit, kept coming off after 3 minute spells.

Bartram was atrocious and turned it over every time he got it, lucky for him I like him.

Wheatley made heaps of errors like last week.

Not really any positives at all.

Positives - Davey was good. Wona looked a likely type.

Agree with the comments about Bartram. Only rivalled by Bell for worst on ground today (though my North Melbourne supporting mate wanted to give that dubious honour to Shannon Grant given the opportunities he had).

I though McDonald was on Adam Simpson. Kept him to 20 touches while having 23 himself. A very good game.

ABSOLUTE TRIPE! Your comments on Bruce are so BORING and bloody childish. We thought you were 'done' a couple of weeks ago but you still rock up with you usual NEGATIVE, NON CONSTRUCTIVE criticism of our players. You must be the ORIGINAL FAIRWEATHER supporter. If you can't stand losing, bugger off. Try 'supporting' Geelong, they should make you happy. Then again , maybe not . You would have very little to whinge about.

absolutely brilliant...couldn't agree more. Sometimes i wonder if some of these posters even watch the game and if so they never do it under the guise of "supporter".

Your 3 word player analysis is ok except for Bruce. Its so boring reading your unconstructive criticism on Bruce. In all your posts its the same message "overpaid and soft", OK we get the message because you've been regurgitating this for weeks now and if you have not realized no one gives a s**t. And as Bobby said "Go and jump on Geelong's bandwagon" if you don't like losing, coz we wont win too many games this year.

I would hate to be you. Or Bobby.

Such blind optimism. Not willing to see the big picture. Man, what a boring life you must lead.

How about I sit here and praise all our players after our blistering 0-4 start with a percentage of 12. You would like that, wouldnt you.

................... but Holland would've been on a fair bit when he first came to the club and he's likely to languish in Sandringham colours all year

Richmond paid a fair bit of his salary for 2? years. (like Johnston at the Lions - we are paying a fair bit of his for a year.)

I have no idea where you get your facts from but it does make for an entertaining read so please carry on. :lol:

You think that being a condescending little [censored] is going to help you bring your point across?

Miller is a very important part of our team right now, and in the foreseeable future. His leadership and his character are as important to our rabble of a team as his straight leading and marking is. And you can complain about it all you want, but it won't change facts.

As I said, perhaps most of Miller's marks are not officially considered to be 'contested', but he is one of very few players in the side who can take a mark with an opponent breathing down his neck, and one of the few who will never just run on his own looking for the cheap possession. Is he a superstar? Far from it. Will he ever be a superstar? No.

But funny how when I was one of the few defending him last year, everyone was going off at me, and yet Bailey put him straight back into the leadership group and he hasn't missed a match yet. Also I notice that Sydney showed interest in him, a team that certainly doesn't put up with the sort of crap that the rest of our 'leadership' group shows on a consistent basis.

AFL Coaches >> Internet heroes.

I would hate to be you. Or Bobby.

Such blind optimism. Not willing to see the big picture. Man, what a boring life you must lead.

How about I sit here and praise all our players after our blistering 0-4 start with a percentage of 12. You would like that, wouldnt you.

Just WHO are you to criticize? What good does it do? Are you the oracle? Keep your negativity to yourself. We are plainly bored with your views.