Changes for next week

Guest Peter Griffin

Guest MFC4Life

Sorry to start a thread on this so early but i'm getting really excited about next weeks game, won that I reckon we could most definitely win if we have our playing shoes on!

In: Whelan, Bate

Out: Garland, C. Johnson

Team is looking much better!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love this side.

Bell Carrol Whelan

Bruce Rivers Bartram

Morton Mcdonald Green

Davey Miller Bate

Robbo Neitz Wonaeamirri

White Mclean Jones

Johnson Dunn Sylvia (im forgetting someone??)

Guest MFC4Life
Out Sylvia In Moloney as well.

I don't know if he's injured or not but I can't understand why they don't put him in the midfield.

Sorry but one bloke here who is escaping all critisism is Davey. Having Oz in the team made me think back to how good davey was when he cared - he runs around all day with nothing short of token pressure, he does not look the slightest bit dangerous.

Out - Garland, Robertson, Chris Johnson, Davey, Miller

In - Bate, Buckley, Newton, Frawley, Maric

Radical changes but the blokes listed as ins are not lony better then the out they are also younger and have more potential. Davey is an exception he just needs a wake up call he has given us nothing in a very long time.

Now I guess I am open to public lashing

Would love this side.

Bell Carrol Whelan

Bruce Rivers Bartram

Morton Mcdonald Green

Davey Miller Bate

Robbo Neitz Wonaeamirri

White Mclean Jones

Johnson Dunn Sylvia (im forgetting someone??)

Just noticed the onballers here are mcclean, jones and mcdonald... Massive issue here is they are all one paced, very slow, I would also start PJ in the ruck before white.

Guest MFC4Life
Sorry but one bloke here who is escaping all critisism is Davey. Having Oz in the team made me think back to how good davey was when he cared - he runs around all day with nothing short of token pressure, he does not look the slightest bit dangerous.

Radical changes but the blokes listed as ins are not lony better then the out they are also younger and have more potential. Davey is an exception he just needs a wake up call he has given us nothing in a very long time.

He's certainly was not at his dynamic best but he was most certainly not appalling by any stretch. He still did a few nice things however and warrants a spot in the side. The fact is that he has to start playing smart footy instead of explosive, as time goes on the quicker he ain't going to be.

Robbo will never get dropped, it's a moot point.

Maric is not ready and Buckley will not add anything Bell doesn't with his accountability issues.

We need Davey, him and Wona work well together.

The fact is that he has to start playing smart footy instead of explosive, as time goes on the quicker he ain't going to be.

FCS, Davey is only 25 not 35. He should not be losing any pace because of age.

Just noticed the onballers here are mcclean, jones and mcdonald... Massive issue here is they are all one paced, very slow, I would also start PJ in the ruck before white.

So why drop Davey when the on ballers are all one paced?

Maric is not ready and Buckley will not add anything Bell doesn't with his accountability issues.

not meaning to start a big debate but I dont see how they work well together. Davey's work rate at the moment is not where it needs to be (perhaps he is out of position I would rather him close to goal and no where else but with our lack of pace in the midfield we dont have a choice) Buckley adds a lot, Bailey wants the run and carry game and he is one of the only blokes who has the ability to run with the footy and back himself in, he adds a lot and should not be compared with bell.

Not sure why robbo is a protected species, his goals come in dead time more often then not, he doesnt add anything and persists in kicking to leading forwards etc off 1 step everytime he gets the ball.

Guest MFC4Life

Agree with Robbo. If Bate plays of HF then Robbo will have to do less. Unfortunatley his enigmatic nature stipulates that the less he has to do, the better he is. If Bate plays i'll bet we'll see a different Robbo.

Buckley not quite ready.

Maric is SO SMALL. Don't know if any of you have been to a Sandy game but it is frightening how small he is. No doubt he's a freak however.

So why drop Davey when the on ballers are all one paced?

Good question, I would say because Aaron Davey is not a midfielder IMO, he is a forward pocket and we have a history/habit or trying to turn very good forward pockets into very good midfielders. I certainly think he is in our best 22 but he is not playing anywhere near his capabilities and a week or two at sandy might be what he needs to do to realise where he should be at. Lets be honest its not gonna hurt out team too much at the moment.

Guest MFC4Life

Of course he shouldn't, but do you honestly think he has the same speed and explosiveness that he did when he started? I don't IMO.

Of course he shouldn't, but do you honestly think he has the same speed and explosiveness that he did when he started? I don't IMO.

I think he does, when you see him out on his own he is quick but he doesnt have that hunger to chase people down like he used too...

Guest MFC4Life
Good question, I would say because Aaron Davey is not a midfielder IMO, he is a forward pocket and we have a history/habit or trying to turn very good forward pockets into very good midfielders. I certainly think he is in our best 22 but he is not playing anywhere near his capabilities and a week or two at sandy might be what he needs to do to realise where he should be at. Lets be honest its not gonna hurt out team too much at the moment.

I disagree with this theory of giving experienced a run in the two's. How do they gain anything? By playing inferior opposotion in a scrappy, poorly-skilled on an awful surface (has anyone seen the surface of the pitch at Sunday? Absolutley awful. Not saying it's all their fault but it is incrediblt uneven and hard. There are some areas that have mini-pot-holes). I can't understand how one can regain form against players of lower ilk.

Guest MFC4Life
I think he does, when you see him out on his own he is quick but he doesnt have that hunger to chase people down like he used too...

So he's jaded? Why is he not hungry? if he's not hungry he shouldn;t be out there. I don't know how an AFL could not be hungry IMO.

I disagree with this theory of giving experienced a run in the two's. How do they gain anything? By playing inferior opposotion in a scrappy, poorly-skilled on an awful surface (has anyone seen the surface of the pitch at Sunday? Absolutley awful. Not saying it's all their fault but it is incrediblt uneven and hard. There are some areas that have mini-pot-holes). I can't understand how one can regain form against players of lower ilk.

Most footballers would know that getting dropped is embarassing and forces you to reassess your game, blokes should not be allowed to play on reputation (bailey has stated they wont) Bad luck if the ground is hard and the standard is no good, if you want to play AFL deal with it, get your confidence up, work hard and you will be back (and davey would be back in no time). Davey is known to not perform well under pressure, well there is no more pressure on you then being in the twos and expected to impress, he might learn at thing or two.

So he's jaded? Why is he not hungry? if he's not hungry he shouldn;t be out there. I don't know how an AFL could not be hungry IMO.

They are still just footballers not different to your local comp, confidence goes down you lose your hunger I dont know... maybe he hasnt lost his hunger but you pay close attention this week he does not seem as "interested" for want of a better word. I hope he does prove me wrong though, and I think the way he will prove me wrong is by playing close to goal for more of the game.

Ins Bate Whelan S Martin

Out Garland Robbo B Miller

As I prevoiusly stated we are desperate for height in the Backline and Forward I would like to see Newton in but until he improves his seacond efforts you cant afford another Miller who cant play .

Why are we all getting rid of Miller - he wasn't the worst yesterday!

Because he gives us nothing... could be one reason. We have better forward and back prospects then him and granted he was not our worst yesterday he is still not in our best 22 (yet makes leadership group)

IN: Whelan , Moloney and maybe Holland

OUT: C Johnson, Garland,

C'mon Billy, who is Holland going to play on? What purpose would it serve bringing him in, as far as I am concerned Holland like Yze has played his last game in melbourne colours, if we dont have a young'un that could do the same job as him then we are in real strife.

Sorry StevenStretch, the very fact he is in the player-voted leadership group shows he gives us something.

The thread is about changes for next week - if Miller plays like he did yesterday - very frequently providing an option up forward, showing a desire to get involved physically and to chase, unlike some (cough, Robbo, cough), then he shouldn't be dropped.

C'mon Billy, who is Holland going to play on? What purpose would it serve bringing him in, as far as I am concerned Holland like Yze has played his last game in melbourne colours, if we dont have a young'un that could do the same job as him then we are in real strife.

Steven, we are still too short downback and I'm also not convinced with Brad Miller @CHF. Dutchy can do both roles, as he has demonstrated before where as Miller is no backman we all know that!!!