Sandringham this Sunday

Beach Road Bazza

It's awkward timing but fans can also get to see the Dees at Sandy on Sunday. It's Sandringham v Box Hill Hawks in the final practice match of the season at Trevor Barker Beach Road Oval. Seniors 2.00 pm and Reserves at 11.10 am. Fans can get at least half a game in before trekking off to the G.

Unfortunately, I wasn't in contact with the club yesterday and I don't know the teams but there should be plenty of Demons in the Sandy squad.

Guest wheres_jacka
It's awkward timing but fans can also get to see the Dees at Sandy on Sunday. It's Sandringham v Box Hill Hawks in the final practice match of the season at Trevor Barker Beach Road Oval. Seniors 2.00 pm and Reserves at 11.10 am. Fans can get at least half a game in before trekking off to the G.

Unfortunately, I wasn't in contact with the club yesterday and I don't know the teams but there should be plenty of Demons in the Sandy squad.

Seriously mate, who cares? It is a praccy match for our seconds. Sandy Schmandy!

Seriously mate, who cares? It is a praccy match for our seconds. Sandy Schmandy!

Seriously, I don't think you should go there but if you like - http://demonland.ugbox.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9092.

Incidentally, there should be about 15 Melbourne players on display at Schmandy and many of today's players in the AFL team cut their teeth with the Zebras as well. Without it, the club's costs would have blown out by an aggregate of well over a million dollars over the past 7 or 8 seasons. That would make today's worrying headlines about the MFC's finances look even worse so I suggest that when you're at the bar after the game you drink a shandy for Schmandy!

Here's the team list for today and decide whether any of these blokes are of interest to the club:-

Sandringham v Box Hill

Seniors

No Surname First Name

5 Monaghan Sam

7 Valenti Shane

8 Crowe Rod

9 Meesen John

10 Summers Peter

11 Sautner Nick

12 Poyas Ezra

13 Martin Stef

14 Johnston Marc

16 Biddlecombe Andy

18 Maric Addam

20 Lamb Chris

27 Wonaeamirri Austin

33 Liddell Chad

37 Warnock Matthew

39 Holland Ben

40 Jamar Mark

41 Dunn Lynden

48 Bode Jace

63 Frawley James

72 Sylvia Colin

74 Bartram Clint

76 Moloney Brent

78 Rivers Jared

79 Whelan Matthew

Named in the reserves are Trent Zomer, Kyle Cheney, Tom McNamara and Jake Spencer

Guest wheres_jacka

Whatever, where would you be without us? I reckon 3 or 4 premierships less. So you owe us.

Hey, we are MELBOURNE and we will be here for ever. We started the game. We are the games soul. No Administrator will kill the games soul, so say what you will about our finances. It is irelevant. We will never ever go.

Sandy is nothing. To me, they are the Demons seconds, and today they are playing a praccy match. So our reserves a playing a nothing game. Hey in 100 yrs, we will be in the AFL, and you will most likely be playing in the Metro Leauges, against Brighton, Caulfield, Dandenong, Berwick etc ........ See the pattern.

Whatever, where would you be without us? I reckon 3 or 4 premierships less. So you owe us.

Hey, we are MELBOURNE and we will be here for ever. We started the game. We are the games soul. No Administrator will kill the games soul, so say what you will about our finances. It is irelevant. We will never ever go.

Sandy is nothing. To me, they are the Demons seconds, and today they are playing a praccy match. So our reserves a playing a nothing game. Hey in 100 yrs, we will be in the AFL, and you will most likely be playing in the Metro Leauges, against Brighton, Caulfield, Dandenong, Berwick etc ........ See the pattern.

With arrogance like that I think you must be a closet Carlton supporter.

Sandringham are Sandringham, they are not our seconds.

The schedule is very relevant given it stops most of our assistant coaches from watching the Sandy game live. Which in turn could impact on selection issues or simply training needs for certain players.

It means our 15 or so players who are down at Sandy today will still be on the ground when the ball is bounced at the MCG. Don't know about you, but I would want them there - in the crowd - watching the game. Seeing the team that they might need to slot into next week, or the week after, or the one after that. And I bet after 6 months training, a new coach, new game plan, and the start of a new season that they'd want to be there too.

Other teams seem to be a lot better co-ordinated than Melbourne and Sandringham when it comes to scheduling. I like the Sandringham/Melbourne alignment. I like watching Sandringham play too. But there isnt a need for Sandringham to play their match today. Yesterday wouldve been fine.

Deebest, the thing that is doubly stupid about it is that it's against Box Hill, the side aligned with the team that we're playing against! So Hawthorn are in exactly the same boat.

It's a complete shambles.

Dropped in for the first half and Jace Bode, Colin Sylvia and Brent Moloney did not play for Sandy. Don't know why Moloney was on the list in the first place. Also missing was CJ.

By half time Sandringham had a 13 goal lead and every Melbourne player was making a contribution. Benny had 4 goals against no opposition. Lynden Dunn (on the ball and pushing forward) was scintillating and had three goals by quarter time. Jared Rivers and Clint Bartram were excellent and Wheels is working his way back into the game.

The reserves also had an easy win but I didn't see much of it.

Off to the big game now ...

This is the type of ignorant comment about Sandringham FC that our supporters hate about the alliance.

FYI when was the last time MFC WON a flag OH 1964 shees thats 44 years ago and the way your club is going atm it will be another 44 years before you win another if you are not merged ,relocated or fold before that so dont go putting S*** on Sandy.

This is the type of ignorant comment about Sandringham FC that our supporters hate about the alliance.

FYI when was the last time MFC WON a flag OH 1964 shees thats 44 years ago and the way your club is going atm it will be another 44 years before you win another if you are not merged ,relocated or fold before that so dont go putting S*** on Sandy.

With all due respect this is a MFC fansite not a Sandringham one, I'm not saying that I agree with his comments though.

Dear me...such constructive comments....

GO ZEBRAS....GO DEES

Dropped in for the first half and Jace Bode, Colin Sylvia and Brent Moloney did not play for Sandy. Don't know why Moloney was on the list in the first place. Also missing was CJ.

By half time Sandringham had a 13 goal lead and every Melbourne player was making a contribution. Benny had 4 goals against no opposition. Lynden Dunn (on the ball and pushing forward) was scintillating and had three goals by quarter time. Jared Rivers and Clint Bartram were excellent and Wheels is working his way back into the game.

That is the best news of the day WJ.

Hopefully a few will be ok for next week.

If Dunn can play as a mid why can't he be tried at Half back for the D's. He could take a tall or a small and he ios fairly strong now.

Welcome back Dunn, Rivers and Bartram. Can't wait for Rivers to bring some much needed calmness back into the train-wreck that is our backline at the moment.

Did Frawley play?

Any word on Meesen's game?

Meeson played.....he's very agile for a guy his size...ran a and chased hard...

Frawley played as well...did ok...but look a bit out of sorts...didn't see all that much of the ball...Warnock likewise...

Jamar played very well.....took a lot of marks...his kicking has improved...and he appaers to have picked up a yard or two..

Be interesting to see if Bailey makes wholesale changes next week or gives the team today another go..

Guess the good thing is there are several players who have put their hand up for selection...wonder which way he'll go

Are you kidding? We'll be lucky to be here in 2 years time. I'm not even sure we'll see out the season!

Sandy Supporters, I'm sure the opinion of Wheres Jerker does not represent the view of the average MFC supporter.

I know that...just frustrating when you see the garbage this bloke trots out...and he calls himself a supporter!..oh well...every club has a few

The good news of the day is that several Melbourne players shone in the practice match for Sandringham today and have thrust their names in front of the selectors. They all played well enough - Rivers, Bartram, Dunn, Jamar, Whelan, Holland and the others. If the MFC wants to make six or even more changes I can nominate plenty to fill the void to be left by the ones who deserve to be dropped from the side as a result of their poor performances on the MCG. If anyone wanted to get a warm fuzzy feeling watching Melbourne players win their games by big margins, the TBO was the place to be today. Two games, two wins, each by 117 points.

Sandringham 25.15.165 defeated Box Hill 6.12.48

Reserves (almost identical)

Sandringham 24.17.161 defeated Box Hill 6.8.44

god...wished I had gone to this game instead !!!! lol :lol: :D ;)

Meeson played.....he's very agile for a guy his size...ran a and chased hard...

Wow, what was that like to witness :rolleyes: ?!!!