Next MELBOURNEfc CEO

Allus Monk

Ill give it a crack. i have a certificate III in Warehouse & Transport distribution so i believe im fully qualified. I like money and i also like the dees.

As well you'd need to be a Certificate IV Boilermaker and have an Endorsed Licence to even be considered.

I believe the field for the next CEO is:

Karen Hayes, Brian Waldron or Danny Corcoran.

Cameron Schwab is a romantic notion but contracted to Freo for another year.

Would love to see Danny Corcoran back at demonland. He ticks all the boxes for mine. And the CEO job would be a walk in the park compared to his current job at Athletics Australia. It's not called AA for nothing :rolleyes:

I would imagine we need a pretty special sort of person for the CEO position. Experience in a similar position, requisite educational qualifications, financial skills, corporate skills, interpersonal human relation skills, marketing skills or experience, contacts at the upper end of town, media skill and a passion for the job are just some of the qualities that could be or should be required of the successful candidate.

Therefore posts such as ' appoint Joe Blow he is a nice bloke" are a waste of the effort in typing them.

That said, it is disappointing to have so many CEO appointments at this club terminated. We need to get it bloody right for once. The Cats and Bulldogs as examples seem to have got it right, why can't we?

I believe the field for the next CEO is:

Karen Hayes, Brian Waldron or Danny Corcoran.

For interest this is on the Web re: Karen Hayes. Seriously impressive

"...Karen Hayes has extensive general management and strategic consulting experience in Australasia, Canada, the United States and many European countries, primarily in the financial services and information technology industries. From 1998 to 2006 Karen was the CEO of Planpower, a provider of project management and training services in Australia and one of 15 Business Units of the ASX300 Business Solutions Group, UXC. In October 2006 Karen was appointed to the role of Director Corporate Engagement and Human Capital with UXC Limited. Karen was a finalist in the 2004 Telstra Business Woman of the Year Awards and in January 2006 she was appointed to the Board of the Melbourne Football Club. Karen is a breast cancer..."

Karen Hayes has extensive general management and strategic consulting experience in Australasia, Canada, the United States and many European countries, primarily in the financial services and information technology industries. From 1998 to 2006 Karen was the CEO of Planpower, a provider of project management and training services in Australia and one of 15 Business Units of the ASX300 Business Solutions Group, UXC. In October 2006 Karen was appointed to the role of Director Corporate Engagement and Human Capital with UXC Limited. Karen was a finalist in the 2004 Telstra Business Woman of the Year Awards and in January 2006 she was appointed to the Board of the Melbourne Football Club. Karen is a breast cancer...

It was a promising writeup to start with, but I'm a bit put off by that last part.

Let's have the full quote why don't we?

Karen Hayes has extensive general management and strategic consulting experience in Australasia, Canada, the United States and many European countries, primarily in the financial services and information technology industries. From 1998 to 2006 Karen was the CEO of Planpower, a provider of project management and training services in Australia and one of 15 Business Units of the ASX300 Business Solutions Group, UXC. In October 2006 Karen was appointed to the role of Director Corporate Engagement and Human Capital with UXC Limited. Karen was a finalist in the 2004 Telstra Business Woman of the Year Awards and in January 2006 she was appointed to the Board of the Melbourne Football Club. Karen is a breast cancer survivor of 11 years, having been diagnosed in 1996.

She's a survivor. That's fantastic and what makes her CV even more fantastic is the fact that a lot of what she's achieved was done in the 11 or 12 years since diagnosis. That's even more fantastic and a lot better than some old fart men who have no respect or tolerance for achievement of this sort.

For interest this is on the Web re: Karen Hayes. Seriously impressive

"...Karen Hayes has extensive general management and strategic consulting experience in Australasia, Canada, the United States and many European countries, primarily in the financial services and information technology industries. From 1998 to 2006 Karen was the CEO of Planpower, a provider of project management and training services in Australia and one of 15 Business Units of the ASX300 Business Solutions Group, UXC. In October 2006 Karen was appointed to the role of Director Corporate Engagement and Human Capital with UXC Limited. Karen was a finalist in the 2004 Telstra Business Woman of the Year Awards and in January 2006 she was appointed to the Board of the Melbourne Football Club. Karen is a breast cancer..."

yeah im sold!! lets bight the bullet and make AFL history with the first woman CEO in Karen Hayes...why not? danny corcoran was an ok general football mananger but i dont think he could be as good as Karen after reading that...dont know much about the other guy...lets leave Schwab alone..

Let's have the full quote why don't we?

She's a survivor. That's fantastic and what makes her CV even more fantastic is the fact that a lot of what she's achieved was done in the 11 or 12 years since diagnosis. That's even more fantastic and a lot better than some old fart men who have no respect or tolerance for achievement of this sort.

Correction much appreciated Spirit.

That's my view as well. I didnt appreciate the 11 year bit.

Correction much appreciated Spirit.

That's my view as well. I didnt appreciate the 11 year bit.

I hear Bev O'Connor's name is also in the mix....now that is one very passionate woman.!

When asked on SEN this morning about the Melbourne CEO position, Brian Waldron said that he had a handshake agreement with the Storm to stay till 2010, and that he's happy at the Storm. Reading between the lines, that suggests that he's certainly interested in the CEO position, otherwise he could have categorically said that he's not leaving the Storm.

Replacing Harris will undoubtedly be a challenging task and extremely vital to MFC's future. Karen Hayes presence on the MFC board will be a positive in regard to the selection process. Expect the Board to have learned from the experience with Harris and there will be more particular job specification for his replacement. AFL and MCC will have input in to that also.

Also, the task when Harris was appointed was clear and simple. Needed to get the club back in balance and pay for the deficits from the Schwab and Ellis periods. Now the MFC has to move forward and develop new income streams. Once the new training facility etc is up and operating there will not be any excuses for MFC underperforming. So incoming CEO will have a challenging but more promising scope. hopefully that may attract higher calibre applicants.

As far as the name mentioned are concerned in my view MFC definitely should not go back to Schwab & I also have some questions in regard to Waldron. He and Danny Corcoran have not yet achieved clear success in their current jobs noting that not that long in them. No problem with them being in the initial interview process.

As is 150th year no doubt the Board will try and need to move quickly & try to get new CEO in place by end of March - for main 150th events etc. Must allow that pressure to rush them as is sucha vital decision.

Also, MFC must appoint a CEO who MFC wants. Must be someone who can work better with AFL and MCC but cant be a AFL nominee! A weak MFC is no in the interests of anyone including the AFL Commission

When asked on SEN this morning about the Melbourne CEO position, Brian Waldron said that he had a handshake agreement with the Storm to stay till 2010, and that he's happy at the Storm. Reading between the lines, that suggests that he's certainly interested in the CEO position, otherwise he could have categorically said that he's not leaving the Storm.

We need someone who will improve out bottom line. Is Waldron capabable of this?