• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Nice work Mike :)

beelzebub

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/com...5E19742,00.html

Ah..cant take the red and blue out of the ol boy !! :-)

In a sea of black and white musings comes a little rationality in the whole matter

Nice work Mike B)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While he might be right, if Judd says he wants to go to Collingwood, and only Collingwood, what choice do the Eagles have?

They can let him walk for nothing and enter the PSD. That seems very unlikely.

At the end of the day, Judd will get what he wants. Hopefully West Coast get as much out of Collingwood as they possible can and leave them worse off. We can only hope.

Theres a distrust and dislike from the Weagles towards the Filth that has been festering for some time..

Would the WCE cut off their nose to spite Collingwoods face ? I reckon it would come very VERY close !! Not all in footy is rational !!

If the filth couldnt come up with something tenable then the weagles may opt to inflict damage..Yes a somewhat contrived and far fetched scenario...but hey..this is footy !! :)

I just got the impression the article was a nice piece of subtle scuttling !! :-)

What I do expect is Collingwood to pull off some swifty of ingenuity even if it doesnt get the main prize, it will be like a vulture to the left overs and anythign left un attended with doors open whilst the game centres on the main prize !

While he might be right, if Judd says he wants to go to Collingwood, and only Collingwood, what choice do the Eagles have?

They can let him walk for nothing and enter the PSD. That seems very unlikely.

At the end of the day, Judd will get what he wants. Hopefully West Coast get as much out of Collingwood as they possible can and leave them worse off. We can only hope.

Judd's not gonna leave the WCE empty handed.

If Magpies play hardball and offer up crap, Judd's gonna say Trade properly or i'm gonna go to Melbourne or Carlton where they'll deal top 5 picks.

Judd's got integrity and won't let Weagles suffer.

not having a go at anyone...but I fail to se really what interet Judd will have in appeasing the eagles too much.

he was ripped from Melbourne and sent to Perth without a 'how do you do " etc. He has given good service ( understatement ) he owes nothing. This is Judds game now.

Having said that ..Id happily be totally wrong and have Judds imput be just that...play fair. That can only work to our advantage. I just dont see this as "the" real deal breaker though; probably just me ..lol

the aspect of this article I liked was it put back into real perspective the notion that Collingwood has fires on two fronts now. 1) what can it in all reality offer and 2) is this now the main concern of lexus land . Iit would be then How high the cost if its Judd at "all costs " ??

What i can't quite understand about this whole Judd to the Pies scenario, is that it appears, if you believe what is being bandied around, is that Judd had already decided before he had formally met with Collingwood.

So, if this is true, then why did he bother meeting with other clubs?

If he chose to meet with us for the reasons we all believe he did, and then he turns around chooses the Pies, he must surely know that would be a massive kick in the guts to the club he once loved.

If he does indeed choose the Pies, my preference would be that the Tigers make some sought of deal with the Weagles and secure him in the PSD, pending the Pies not willing to come up with a market value deal.

not having a go at anyone...but I fail to se really what interet Judd will have in appeasing the eagles too much.

he was ripped from Melbourne and sent to Perth without a 'how do you do " etc. He has given good service ( understatement ) he owes nothing. This is Judds game now.

Having said that ..Id happily be totally wrong and have Judds imput be just that...play fair. That can only work to our advantage. I just dont see this as "the" real deal breaker though; probably just me ..lol

And what would you think if we didn't get Judd but was able to trade our pick 4 to the Pies for say a Brown and Reid , two 19 yo 194 cm key position players plus some improvement in our remaining picks.

As much as Judd's being good for Weagles, they in return have been good to him.

U don't screw people who have been good to you.

Judd knows what his worth and if he feels someone's not playing fair, Watch him go all Judge Judy on them.

And what would you think if we didn't get Judd but was able to trade our pick 4 to the Pies for say a Brown and Reid , two 19 yo 194 cm key position players plus some improvement in our remaining picks.

Well you do raise an interesting aspect to al this that i was indeed wanting to put out there. Many have thought this too no doubt.

This is a game being played on a number of levels in a number of different ways. Bit like 3 dimensional chess, except not everyone is even playing chess !! lol. Some are playing a look alike game, but with differing rules.

The main game.... get Judd !!

sub plots..... all parties jockying to make best position to either snare Judd or reap the ripe crumbs.

associated sub plots. No involved ( directly ) parties circling and posturing to provide fodder/ amunition to main parties whilst accentuating their own lists.

Bluff and gambits. Now probably only those directly involved.. Melbourne, Carlton , Essendon and Them (lol ) will have any real idea of how they are placed at the moment. But if a team felt it may in all reality dip out it may continue to preen etc in a bid to pickup a clever swap or trade pickup.

but too your idea of trading #4..well.. if we miss the main prize...then decent consolations are acceptable.

But for me the real question here ...is.. For some clubs what is the MAIN prize ?? This is all not as it seems !!

As much as Judd's being good for Weagles, they in return have been good to him.

U don't screw people who have been good to you.

Judd knows what his worth and if he feels someone's not playing fair, Watch him go all Judge Judy on them.

I know what youre'saying.. but you only need be respectful...not obliging ?

Judd has said at the Brownlow that he would sit down with his manager "Connor" and discuss his preferred club.

Connor was at all the interviews.

What I am trying to say is that if Judds first choice is Collingwood (I don't think it is), Judd will sit down with Connor and discuss this. If Connor believes Collingwood are not in a position to accommodate WC he will advise Chris not to go this direction as he is then likely to end up at Richmond in the PDS or worse any club that makes a deal with WC during trade period. If Connor does not think a deal with Collingwood and WC can be made he will advise Judd to go for his second choice rather than risking going to a club he has no interest in.

As for Chris Judds marketability, I believe he will be more sort after being seen as the games best player who did the romantic thing and went back to the club he loved as a kid, and his family. A player who rejected higher offers to help rebuild his beloved childhood club, then any other scenario.

With Clement retiring, and possibly Wakelin and Presti. I would like to see the Weagles be very mischevious and target the likes of Goldsack and O'Brien in an attempt to decimate their whole backline.

Eddie everywhere is already on record as saying he wont do this. that is.. decimate his team to get Judd. It does get interesting doesnt it.

surely judd will do the right thing by WestCoast and name at least 2 clubs he has preference to play for.

if he names 1 club, he really stuffs WestCoast up, bc they have to try and conjure a deal with that club, leaving no competition and leaves WCE at a distinct disadvantage.

It seems logical that Judd would want to go to collingwood. they have unbelievable facilities, loads of cash, room on the salary cap with clement and Buckley (probably) retiring, have a strong culture, play at the MCG and have a huge supporter base. they are also most likely to have strong on field performances of all the 4 clubs...

however like the article suggest, collingwood will need 2 top10 picks (or 1 top10 pick and a player worth a top 10 pick) to get the deal done and WCE wouldbe loathe to trade with the magpies.

i think our best chance of getting Judd would be if he announced his preference to be either Collingwood or Melbourne and then we are almost certainties to get Judd's services bc we have pick 4 and plenty of players they'd be interested it (Sylvia, Johnstone, Bruce, Davey...)

it would very difficult for Collingwood to make a trade with WestCoast.

probably their best chance would be to offer pick14, Brown (pick10 in last years super strong draft and twin brother of Mitch Brown) + Rusling...any less than that and WCE will laugh at them and trade him to Melbourne for pick 4 and johnstone.

Judd has said at the Brownlow that he would sit down with his manager "Connor" and discuss his preferred club.

Connor was at all the interviews.

Youd have to think that if , hypothetically , that was the case that having jourrneyed this far down the road of self determination that a pragmatist will look for he next best fit and not allow himself to to be fated by the gods again.

the very nature of nominating four clubs up front seems to indicate there is some flexibility in his course.

and also,

i think Judd will lose alot of respect from the footy world (which means alot to Judd) if he only chose 1 club as his only preference.

i mean after all, his reason to go back to Melbourne is to spend time with his family. obviously he has te right to have some preferences of who he wants to play for, but y would it matter if he plays for Collingwood, Melbourne or Carlton. Whatever club he chooses, hell still get to be in Melbourne with his family.

he'd be a bit of a d*ck to back WestCoast into a corner like that.

(that's unless he picks MElbourne as his only preference in which case he is a legend of the highest proportions!!haha)

(that's unless he picks MElbourne as his only preference in which case he is a legend of the highest proportions!!haha)

CORRECT !!!! :)

If what Sheahan says is true, i'm not confident of our chances of getting Judd.

My only hope is if Paul Connors approaches Collingwood, before naming them as Judd's preferred team, as says "Give us your best trade offer. I've got other clients whose careers will be jeapordised if trade negotiations drag on till the deadline." If Collingwood's offer is unrealistic or an ambit one, Connor's puts the same scenario to Judd's 2nd preference, which is hopefully Melbourne.

I would see Judd nominating only Collingwood as a preference to be tantamount to screwing West Coast. I can't see that happening. I'm just basing my opinions on what I've read on Demonland and have taken in from the media, but as a guess I'd say he'll nominate Collingwood and Melbourne. Once he's taken those preferences to West Coast, regardless of how strong his preference is that the Filth are his top choice, I know who West Coast will be looking to get the deal done. The only way I can see Collingwood getting Judd is if he puts the Eagles in a pickle and nominates only Collingwood. The Pies simply don't have enough at the moment to secure Judd. The top 4 picks are owned by clubs still in the running to secure Judd (assuming Richmond could snare him in the PSD). They won't be trading those picks to help the enemy get the deal done unless they profit incredibly, of which there is next to no chance. Collingwood also have a history of being stubborn in trade week and overstating the value of their own, which would also be a huge stumbling block.

It may be simple bias but I have the feeling we are weagles club of choice re dealing.

If thats the case and Judd / Connors would know it, then we are more than likely to be in any 2 club choice.

and going back to original theme.. if its us and wobblies...then ...well....:)

It may be simple bias but I have the feeling we are weagles club of choice re dealing.

If thats the case and Judd / Connors would know it, then we are more than likely to be in any 2 club choice.

and going back to original theme.. if its us and wobblies...then ...well.... :)

It is bias, everything written on these boards is bias towards Melbourne, and it shows.

It does not matter whether West Coast are dying to trade with us, if Judd says "I WANT COLLINGWOOD", then Collingwood is where he'll be next year.

We all want to believe that Judd will do the right thing and say "trade me to the Pies or the Dees", but Judd isn't stupid. If he really wants to play for Collingwood, he can only nominate Collingwood. Reason being, that they have little to offer at the moment, and if he gives West Coast the choice, then there is little chance he'll be at the Lexus Centre next year. He knows West Coast will choose any club over Collingwood, therefore he has to make a solid decision regarding the Pies, and stick to it.

bias based on history

We have no animosity nor they from trade deals. Collingwood on the other hand.....

Hmm, that is true, Jaded.

In which case, I'd prefer him to slip to Richmond in the PSD, unless we can trade pick 4 for Pendlebury, Cloke, Brown and Reid. :)

I would hate to help them get Judd, and I'd rather see him at Richmond.

Besides, if he goes to Richmond not by choice, there is every chance that in a couple of years time he'll want out again. Maybe by then we'll have better resources and facilities :rolleyes: