Sandringham v North Ballarat

Whispering_Jack

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully agree Zman.

However, I must say that NB had it all over Sandy who were lax, undisciplined and inept. Little teamwork and generally some really powderpuff efforts at the contest.

I thought the MFC listed players either just went or thought their season finished last week. Some of them wont be playing in the red and blue next year.

FWIW, I would expect some Sandy senior players may move on now the 4 in a row is over.

Overall very sloppy after quarter time and the Zebras deserved to lose.

Totally agree. Was a very flat performance all round by the Zebs. Undisciplined particularly in 2nd qtr when game still in balance and Zebs were not on song at all. To go out in straight sets very disappointing.

In hindsight (of course)more focus should have been given to putting best side on the park last week to ensure Sandy got double chance & week off rather than MFC winning the practice match at the G last Sunday week!!!

In hindsight (of course)more focus should have been given to putting best side ion the park last week to ensure Sandy got double chance & week off rather than MFC winning the practice match at the G last Sunday week!!!

MFC had 26 fit players to select from for the final round of 2007. Who could they have possibly rested that would have qualified for Sandy and made a difference?

The chronic run of injuries suffered by MFC meant that players like Godders, Ferg and Co were playing AFL rather than qualifying for VFL games.

Sandy brought in six MFC AFL players who did diddly squat against North Ballarat. So its a mute point about resting MFC players.

Sandy brought in six MFC AFL players who did diddly squat against North Ballarat. So its a mute point about resting MFC players.

Of the six MFC players brought in, three seem to have been named in the best - Bode, Ferguson, and Johnson (of the Chris variety I assume) plus Warnock who was already in the team.

I haven't seen the game so are you saying that was wrong?

PS. I assume you mean a "moot" point unless the argument has been struck dumb...

BTW, thanks for the clarification Nasher.

Of the six MFC players brought in, three seem to have been named in the best - Bode, Ferguson, and Johnson (of the Chris variety I assume) plus Warnock who was already in the team.

PS. I assume you mean a "moot" point unless the argument has been struck dumb...

The inclusion of the MFC players (if at all possible last week given that we had only 26 fit men for the Carlton game) was marginal benefit. The players outlined in the best IMO just went and the others like Dunn and Newton were ordinary. Neither looked focussed or committed. To be fair I thought Sandy were ordinary across the ground and the lack of cohesion in their game was evident.

Having watched the game on TV, it was hard not to be a tad peeved!!

The number of times that Sandy players got run down from behind - a total lack of talk from team mates but also a lack of awareness.

little respect was shown to their opponents!!

and our goal kicking was deplorable - one goal eight in the third was not the zebras we have come to follow! in years gone by they would have turned it on and shut the game down!

also not sure that the game plan worked either... a fully loaded forward line but then we proceeded to chip the ball around!

peter summers fumbled the ball so many times, he turned it over with short kicking and was shown to be slow in the legs by being tackled numerous times.

the loss of david gallagher should not be undersestimated!!

from a demons perspective: -

thought the ferguson showed a bit yesterday as a forward with some good marks and generally improved disposal.

jace bode was also good - his run off half back was important!

lyden dunn - appeared to run around like a headless chook but i suppose his improveme this year has been solid, so.

danny hughes will not be offered another rookie post.

shane neaves - not sure what to make of his game. did not do much around the ground and his ruckwork was poor at times!!

a disappointing way for them to end

It was last week they could have made a difference not this week!!

You conceed that the input of the MFC players was a "marginal" benefit. Note that Sandy only lost the game by 2 points, which was what I was raising. Sandy could have had the week's break and got set for a crack at 4 in a row.

I was not claiming they could have won against North Ballarat. Clearly not on song and did not deserve to win. 2nd qtr very poor and undisciplined and squandered chances right up to the end. Had most of the play in last 20 min but poor kicking into the hot spot and several behinds. They looked flat after the game also.

It was last week they could have made a difference not this week!!

You conceed that the imput of the MFC players was a "marginal" benefit. Note that Sandy only lost the Game by 2 points, which was what I was raising. Sandy could have had the week's break and got set for a crack at 4 in a row.

Is this post replying to Rhino or me?

I didn't see either game and to be perfectly honest I was asking mostly about Bode and Valenti as to whether they would be worthwhile to elevate/draft next year.

Is this post replying to Rhino or me?

I didn't see either game and to be perfectly honest I was asking mostly about Bode and Valenti as to whether they would be worthwhile to elevate/draft next year.

I definitely think Bode is worthy of being elevated next year, KW.

The game vs. Carlton was the first game I'd seen him play, and I was actually really impressed particularly with his pace.

A source of excitement in what was a pretty average game.

I hope we elevate him as I think it'd be well worth it.

Sandy played like Melbourne have played all year. The didn't play for each and the didn't go in anywhere near as hard as N.B. This game would have suited Gallagher we really needed another player who was hard at the ball as soon as Gallagher went down with a knee I think our priemership chances went down with it. Poyas, Summers and Valenti clearly can't handle strong tags and Sautner can't play on anyone that has any real height he is a midget destroyer. I still think Summers and Valenti can make it at AFL level but not for us we need pace they are clearly too slow.

I thought Liddell played well he was the only one to go in hard all day.

C.J was clearly our best player he is starting to show signs that he is going to become a better player next year and he is going to have to.

Bode done a pretty good job on Whyman he was the only player for us to show any real dash should definately be promoted.

Dunn still doesn't do enough.

Warnock done a few good things he makes mistakes but shows promise.

Newton is a classic enigma brilliant 1 week horrible the next.

Ferguson was as useless as usual he must be delisted how he got in the best is beyond me.

Garland reminds me of Lamb, that is not a good thing.

Hughes is not good enough to be promoted.

Neaves is useless how people say he is better than Jamar is beyond me. They are both useles on the ground but at least Jamar can jump. There is no way Neaves should be promoted.

C.J was clearly our best player he is starting to show signs that he is going to become a better player next year and he is going to have to.

Bode done a pretty good job on Whyman he was the only player for us to show any real dash should definately be promoted.

Dunn still doesn't do enough.

Warnock done a few good things he makes mistakes but shows promise.

Newton is a classic enigma brilliant 1 week horrible the next.

Ferguson was as useless as usual he must be delisted how he got in the best is beyond me.

Garland reminds me of Lamb, that is not a good thing.

Hughes is not good enough to be promoted.

Neaves is useless how people say he is better than Jamar is beyond me. They are both useless on the ground but at least Jamar can jump. There is no way Neaves should be promoted.

pretty well summed up.

I agree on:

CJ, Bode, Ferguson, Garland, Warnock

But you are being a bit harsh on:

Dunn(Still young and he will get better)

Juice(Your right in a way but he is still young and when Neita goes he will be able to have a bigger impact on a game)

Hughes(I bit of a late developer but he has a good footy brain + good foot skills and i think he could be a handy Half Forward Flanker/Winger)

Neaves(It all comes to this; if we pick up a ruckman in the draft or from a trade he will NOT be promoted, but if we don't pick up a ruckman in the off season then he'll be promoted.

Juice(Your right in a way but he is still young and when Neita goes he will be able to have a bigger impact on a game)

Juice will only have a bigger impact on a game when Juice consistently applies what is required for AFL. Neitz is not restricting or holding Juice back. If any thing he should be a suuport to Newton.

Neaves(It all comes to this; if we pick up a ruckman in the draft or from a trade he will NOT be promoted, but if we don't pick up a ruckman in the off season then he'll be promoted.

We have to get rid of PJ and/or Jamar. Neither are up to AFL. If we can trade either lets do it. If cant send them packing. MFC needs to trade in an experienced ruckman to at least support and then take over from White. We also need to rookie another ruckman. Its a fair comparison of Jamar and Neaves. Both are not up to it at the moment. Neaves is ponderous at VFL level and I am not convinced he has shown enough to be picked up.