Sheedy,Bailey or Hardwick

Guest unstable punt

You wold be happy if we got Bailey?

I would be livid

We have the chance to land a VFL/AFL legend, who has won 4 Premierships and will bring another 5,000+ members on board

The planets have aligned for the MFC, if we sign an untried coach ahead of Kevin Sheedy then Gardner, Lyon, Schwab and the rest of the pretenders on the panel can go [censored] themselves

I would be livid also if Dean (who the hell are you) Bailey was appointed.

Its gotta be Sheedy or Hardwick

Without knowing much about the bloke, Bailey simply looks & sounds like a battler.

This is our big chance emerge in this great competition, please don't screw it up MFC.

Its amazing the poor souls who are feeling a touch livid about something they clearly know bugger all about the candidates nor their contributuions in the recruitment process.

Hopefully our process was like that of the Saints when they appointed Grant Thomas, and Sheedy will be reading through his new Melbourne contract as he flies to Perth this evening, sending it back signed via Express Post in the morning.

To be honest, I am happy with any of those 3 for different reasons. Sheedy because he is Sheedy, Hardwick because he will toughen the team up and Bailey because he obviously knows his stuff.

Looking forward to the announcement but I think it goes to Sheedy.

Bring on 2008!

Hopefully our process was like that of the Saints when they appointed Grant Thomas, and Sheedy will be reading through his new Melbourne contract as he flies to Perth this evening, sending it back signed via Express Post in the morning.

we can pretty much agree that riley has been crossed off. conolley it seems has been also, but i assume this mainly bc of his unpopularity with melb members. the board will be well aware of the repurcussions of choosing a failed fremantly coach who demons members see as a dropkick. hundreds of members wont rebuy memberships next season is conoley is chosen. the board cant afford this.

so that leave sheedy, bailey or hardwick.

if they go for a young coach its bailey or hardwick.

or those 3 candidates, i would prefer sheedy or hardwick.

if either of those 3 are chosen, we can assume they will be excellent considering the extensive process they have gone through. i will wholeheartedly be happy to support any of those 3 candidates.

i dont quite understand why people would be livid if bailey got it just bc he isnt a big name. his resume is outstanding. when P.A won their premiership in 04 he was defence coach and this year P.As midfield has been awesome and he is midfield coach. he is Mark Williams' second hand man.

if he gets the job, think about how impressive he must be considering the competition he beat.

anybody who can get a job ahead of sheedy (legendry coach), Connoley (6yr senior coach), Riley (10 demons assistant caoch plus caretaker), Bond/Hardwick/Mckenna (highly rated assistent coaches) must deserve it. they wouldnt just give it to him ahead of these guys willynilly. clearly if he is chosen he is an awesome coaching prospect

To be honest, I am happy with any of those 3 for different reasons. Sheedy because he is Sheedy, Hardwick because he will toughen the team up and Bailey because he obviously knows his stuff.

I feel exactly the same way and for similar reasons. But then again I'm a renown fence sitter.

The decision was made many weeks ago.

The decision was made before the "thorough process" was communicated so widely.

The decision was made before the selection committee was formed with Connolly mate Garry Lyon on it.

The decision was made before the president joined the selection committee to ensure that the board effectively lost the ability to overrule the recommendation.

The decision was made before the "top 5" was selected, with some big names missing.

The decision was made before Connolly decided to leave Freo early.

The decision was made before Connolly's mate Schwab was asked to sit in for interviews.

This is a one horse race, folks - and it appears that many of you wish that this horse caught the equine virus...

The decision was made many weeks ago.

The decision was made before the "thorough process" was communicated so widely.

The decision was made before the selection committee was formed with Connolly mate Garry Lyon on it.

The decision was made before the president joined the selection committee to ensure that the board effectively lost the ability to overrule the recommendation.

The decision was made before the "top 5" was selected, with some big names missing.

The decision was made before Connolly decided to leave Freo early.

The decision was made before Connolly's mate Schwab was asked to sit in for interviews.

This is a one horse race, folks - and it appears that many of you wish that this horse caught the equine virus...

Yes, the "transparent process" became a little less than crystal clear when Schwab became involved with the interviews after Sheeds presented. I hope you are wrong; I fear you may be right!

If i had to rank them like the panel did i would rank them

1. Sheedy

2. Bailey

3. Hardwick

4. Riley

5. Connolley

Sheedy is the man for us, if he coaches us for 3-5 years we will be a better team off the field in terms of money, sponsorship, media coverage (all the things we lack) and he aint no dud with teams on the field either.

Love your work! I might just have 2 and 3 in a different order. No doubt we need a profile and a hard edge. Sheeds is without doubt the man for us; if the brains trust see it otherwise I hope they go for Hardwick. The Bombers haven't overlooked Bailey for no reason - they realise the importance of profile to sustain membership.

Triple it.

Quadruple it. A man of pure substance. I'd be happy if he or Sheeds got it, I always thought Bailey would get it from the very first story that came out about how he approached the club.

Guest redandbluethruandthru

you guys are seriouslty deluded if u think by getting sheedy that 5000 new members will suddenly appear. what do u think 5000 essendon members will ditch the bombers to barrack for the dee's because of sheedy? I THINK NOT. Get real people, maybe a few sheedy fans may make a change but fans barrack for the club not the coach.

How many eagles fans jumped ship to go for collingwood when malthouse changed??? My guess- 1 his annoying daughter

Maybe sheeds will attract a bit of sponsorship but i think people may be overestimating his pulling power. The existing bomber sponsors aren't going to follow sheeds from a higher profile club to us. Not sound business. Granted he might MIGHT attract new sponsors BUT that will depend almost entirely on getting on field success. Something that essendon has been lacking since 2000-2001. Sure he has a great coaching record but I feel the best of sheedy is well behind him.

what do u think 5000 essendon members will ditch the bombers to barrack for the dee's because of sheedy? I THINK NOT.

Ummm no

But how about all the unsigned Demons supporters that will jump on board if we get Sheedy?

Think before you type

Ummm no

But how about all the unsigned Demons supporters that will jump on board if we get Sheedy?

Think before you type

Whilst i would welcome the new members, and we'll need em after this year from hell, i would still look at them unfavourably. I would much prefer 25,000 mad, passionate Melbourne supporters at a game, than 30,000-35,000 who are there just because Sheedy is the coach.

Guest redandbluethruandthru

Ummm no

Think before you type

[/quote

wow we got sheedy i must buy a membership. you are so naive mate. memberships are bought by hardcore supporters .ie the ones that are yearly members OR are created by on-field success which sheedy does not guarantee. sure we will probably get a few more immediately but not thousands

Whilst i would welcome the new members, and we'll need em after this year from hell, i would still look at them unfavourably. I would much prefer 25,000 mad, passionate Melbourne supporters at a game, than 30,000-35,000 who are there just because Sheedy is the coach.

like the ex lions fans who jumped ship to the dogs wen akka left

lots of them up here

wow we got sheedy i must buy a membership. you are so naive mate. memberships are bought by hardcore supporters .ie the ones that are yearly members OR are created by on-field success which sheedy does not guarantee. sure we will probably get a few more immediately but not thousands

Might be a few more variables than that. I'll just pick out two - memberships aren't just bought by hardcore supporters but by various groups including sponsors. Memberships may be bought by old supporters who aren't members because they are enthused by the direction the MFC is taking.

I'm sure the expectation would be that appointing Sheedy would create that enthusiasm and worth a couple of thousand of members (whether they are new members or just stop the natural attrition after a shocking season remains to be seen)

Ummm no

Think before you type

No, memberships are not always bought by hardcore supporters. Iif you cant figure it what that means then ask your year 8 sports teacher at school on Monday.

You watch all the 'supporters' that deserted us over the last 20 years to jump back on board if we get Sheedy

I will be right, and you will be wrong

But you should have seen that coming anyway

I would be livid also if Dean (who the hell are you) Bailey was appointed.

Its gotta be Sheedy or Hardwick

Without knowing much about the bloke, Bailey simply looks & sounds like a battler.

This is our big chance emerge in this great competition, please don't screw it up MFC.

OK - I've read a bit about the New Kid : CV sounds impressive, spoke very well on SEN

Even looks like a different bloke in a bag of fruit.

The last time I felt numb @ a MFC coaching appointment was Swooper Northey

Given his reign was probably the most successful in my lifetime of following The Dee's, I'm jumping on board

Deano's Demons & seriously excited about what the next 3 years hold.

A big Welcome to The MFC to the Irish Cream