Changes for next week

Leave the team the way it is and replace Frawley with Mclean is he is not injured still. If he is replace him with Bate if not injured, if HE is injured replace Frawley with Garland.

Simple! Riley better do as i say or i will be :angry:

If you want to win against the Pies, you drop them. On the other hand if you want to lose........

Rhino, you constantly criticise Ferguson. We understand you do not rate him. But surely even your narrow minded self could concede he deserves a game this week based on his performances in the last two weeks.

And if you, like I suspect, are incapable of admitting this fact please suggest a player to replace Ferguson which will improve our chances of winning on Friday night?

Rhino, you constantly criticise Ferguson. We understand you do not rate him. But surely even your narrow minded self could concede he deserves a game this week based on his performances in the last two weeks.

And if you, like I suspect, are incapable of admitting this fact please suggest a player to replace Ferguson which will improve our chances of winning on Friday night?

Gouga, he had nine touches and three marks on Saturday against an undersized dispirited rabble. I thought he just went and was not a major contributor. I cant see the fuss in him.

I'd play Garland rather than Ferg. I dont see Ferg matching up with either Cloke or Rocca. And he wont be around next year.

Gouga, he had nine touches and three marks on Saturday against an undersized dispirited rabble. I thought he just went and was not a major contributor. I cant see the fuss in him.

I'd play Garland rather than Ferg. I dont see Ferg matching up with either Cloke or Rocca. And he wont be around next year.

I agree. Actually thought much the same about Pickett.

Bate would be the automatic inclusion ahead of Ferguson if he comes up, with Holland to go down back on Rocca.

To tell you the truth, i am really enjoying Holland in the Forward line. With Neitz not at 100% He provides another decent target upforward. Plus if he is up forward, this will take a little pressure off Neitz so he can kick a bag of goals ;)

To tell you the truth, i am really enjoying Holland in the Forward line. With Neitz not at 100% He provides another decent target upforward. Plus if he is up forward, this will take a little pressure off Neitz so he can kick a bag of goals ;)

If Holland was to play up forward, who will most likely play on him?

I don't pay all that much specific attention to other team's lists..

If fit, McLean and Bate would be great inclusions. Miller, Bizz, and Buckley are probably in the mix.

Frawley (inj.) and Ferg are the two in the firing line for me. I thought Jamar was okay.

I can't see us making more than two changes. It seems Moloney's still struggling though.

I was at the game on Saturday, and didn't think Ferguson was very good. He did present well, but - unsurprisingly - got outmuscled frequently. It seems way too easy to push him over/out of the way, or apply some pressure and cause him to drop marks.

As for changes, if Bate is fit he's the man to bring in. Holland can go back, and Bate can play up forward.

If Holland was to play up forward, who will most likely play on him?

I don't pay all that much specific attention to other team's lists..

I think we could stretch them if Holland played up forward. However, we'd probably struggle to cover Rocca. I imagine that whoever we'd use to play on Rocca if Holland wasn't there would otherwise be the #1 choice for Cloke.

They have Clement and Presti, who'd probably take Robertson and Neitz respectively.

Totally agree, but who will play on rocca?

Id rather start carrol on rocca and wheats on cloke and see if they can match us at the other end, i think wheats has the speed and reach to play on cloke as long as he doesn't try and wrestle with him. Miller could play in for ferg who i think is too skinny to play on rocca or cloke

Id rather start carrol on rocca and wheats on cloke and see if they can match us at the other end, i think wheats has the speed and reach to play on cloke as long as he doesn't try and wrestle with him. Miller could play in for ferg who i think is too skinny to play on rocca or cloke

Well said, I hadn't even thought about playing on the front foot

Who are the likely match ups for our forwards?

They have Clement and Presti, who'd probably take Robertson and Neitz respectively.

If we could get back Bate, he and Newton might stretch their defence. Heath Shaw would be too short for Newton, that takes them down to their 4th defensive tall.

Pity we haven't got a Bartram to run with mini-FIGJAM. :(

This is one week where winning should be the only priority.

In: McLean, Bizzell, P Johnson, Bate (if fit)

Out: Bode, Frawley (inj), Jamar, Ferguson

Key match-ups: Holland on Rocca, Carroll on Cloke, Bell on Didak

GIVE IT UP. Bizzell is a hack that should never play for Melbourne again.

IN : MCLEAN, BATE

OUT: BODE, FRAWLEY

Jamar and Ferguson haven't been too bad the last 2 weeks so they will keep their spot.

Brown's form has been very good since Riley has taken over.

I would play Ferguson on Rocca so we can play Holland up forward cause he will be too strong for whoever he plays on. If Ferguson wants to stay on the list next year he must be able to beat a player like Rocca or there is no use keeping him if it doesn't work then Holland can always go back on to Rocca.

If Didak plays, Bell will probably get him. If he doesn't though, Bell would be a good match-up for Cloke.

Cloke is very much a quick, lead up forward in the Scott Lucas mould and I thought Bell was very good on him (for the minute and a half before he was injured). Like Lucas, the height difference is less important than usual because Cloke doesn't (from what I have seen of Collingwood games) rely on his height or bulk to take those sort of marks.

In this scenario, Carroll could get the job on Rocca.

BTW, great chance for Robbo to get one over on James Clement. Looks a long way shy of fitness at the moment.

If Didak does not play, bell might be best on Thomas if not leon might be a option

you would say presty on neitz, o brian on robbo, clement on holland, maxwell on newton, H shaw on davey which would leave a young kid on sylvia, so sylvia could be the man to stand up and kill the filth for the first time :)

Mclean will play, Frawley won't we wil have enough talls to cover Rocca and Cloke, Ferguson will get Cloke and Carroll to Rocca, Bode to Davis, Wheatley to Thomas, Bell to Didak(if he plays) and Green back there again, therfore my line up

Bode Carroll Bell

Wheatley Ferguson Green

Johnstone Jones Sylvia

Pickett Holland Robertson

Newton Neitz Davey

White Mcdonald Mclean

Jamar Dunn Brown Bruce

Smash them in the midfield and we don't need to worry about their forwards.

Guest redandbluethruandthru

keep holland up forward. he has been excellent last 3 weeks up forward. we looked sensational last week with neita and robbo pushing up the ground opening up our forward line for holland etc. roccas form has been terrible of late . id rather we win in a shootout than concentrating on stopping rocco and only scoring 60-70 points ourselves. EG the bulldogs game 5 goals to Higgins but hey we won by 40 +

put pickett on rocca. have pickett slam into him at the opening bounce. rocca will be dead before he hits the ground meanwhile white taps the ball down to jones who handballs thru traffic beatifully to TJ who spears a pass onto Newtons chest who then kicks the goal from 30 out directly in front.

put pickett on rocca. have pickett slam into him at the opening bounce. rocca will be dead before he hits the ground meanwhile white taps the ball down to jones who handballs thru traffic beatifully to TJ who spears a pass onto Newtons chest who then kicks the goal from 30 out directly in front.

Keep everything in it.

But kick the ball to Neitz 30 metres out. Imagine the roar.... Imagine the lift the team would get. First goal to Neitz in his 300th.