Good to see Ferg back as well

damon the demon

Now that he's put on some muscle he's gonna be a good player..

I must have missed that.........

He really doesn't look like he has put on anything to me, sorry.

That being said I admire his courage and he always gives his all but that doesn't seem to be enough.

So as long as we are throwing players out, I would imagine he will find it very hard to keep his spot after this season.

I never like to be to critical of someone who has the courage to play Afl football but Ferg is out and out ordinary.

He cant mark cant kick and his spoils go nowhere. In fact when he spoils it looks like it s going to break his arm..

As a club we have to stop kidding ourselves year after year about some of our fringe players... there not young anymore..

if u want to be a genuine shot at a flag players like ferg are nowhere near ur best 22..

Sorry but its how it is!!!!

fair enough we'll have to disagree on this one... IMO he is a quality player who has composure, safe hands and runs straight at the ball..

he used to be REALLY skinny so now he looks a but tougher

I was sitting a few rows behind the bench, and up close he looks pretty much the same as he always does. On that note, it was interesting to compare Dunn and Bode to the more experienced guys - you can really notice the difference.

I saw Ferguson compete in a few contests pretty close to the boundary, and I can't remember him winning any of them. Generally the WB player would apply some pressure and the best result was a couple going out of bounds when the opposition spoiled. Unfortunately they simply pushed Ferg out of the way a couple of times. I'm not saying he didn't win any tonight, but I didn't see any. ND summed it up pretty well when he said Ferg's too weak for the big guys, and too slow for the smalls. I did think he presented alright though, and he's apparently been in decent form for Sandringham up forward. I don't think he's up to AFL standard though.

For those who might not have noticed, Robertson came to the bench in Q4 looking in a bit of pain and limping a little. However, he walked onto the ground at the end of the match, and looked okay by then. Unfortunately Frawley didn't even make it onto the ground after the game - he walked (on crutches) straight to the race after the final siren. He had the ankle iced and elevated as soon as he came off.

He is ordinary. Courage does not hide his shortfalls. He is gone at year end.

His had a good couple of games but i just hope to god MFC are just playing him so other clubs can have a look at him and get suckered in into trading for him.

The boy can play but he's a third floating tall and we've got plenty of them. Rivers numero uno. No strength as a KPP.

Keep him.

Sheedy will turn him around into the player we know he can be.

He is slowly building muscle.

One solid uninterupted full preseason in the gym and he should be close to his idea playing weight.

He has had a shocking run of injuries. If he is given the chance of a proper run at it uninjured for a full season he will show what he has to offer.

I am still optmistic that he could make it potentially as a tall forward.

If anyone can make him into a versatile forward / backman, Sheedy can!

I wouldn't give up on him.

His had a good couple of games but i just hope to god MFC are just playing him so other clubs can have a look at him and get suckered in into trading for him.

Not every trade involves a Jonathan Hay scenario.

He is a 26yo NQR player in a bottom rung side. Why would any club sacrifice its youth for him?

He was okay but nothing more than that.

Has been exposed for speed off the mark and/or body strength in defence.

May be of value as a marking forward but would be behind Neitz, Robertson, Newton, Bate, Sylvia, Dunn, Holland, plus Green and Bruce who can perform that role better.

If there is a trade available, fantastic. I highly doubt it and I can't see him on our list in 2008.

Ferg is a 26 yr old with the body of a 19-20 yr old. He should develop further, but won't because he is too old. He is a 26 yr old who hasn't even cemented a place in the side. By this age he should be established in the side, and in the prime of his career. If we can get a trade for him, then i'd take it. Anything. If not, then he will either be kept as depth, or delisted, depending on who else goes at the end of the season.

You cant fault the guy on his courage and application, but unfortunately he simply just doesn't have the body or skills to cut it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.