• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Coaching merry-go-round sucks 4 Demons

Nicho

Its a good point pants.

The other thought is that Ratten has got alot of mysterious currency amongst supporters on this site for only 1 year of midield coaching where he apparently had the "X" factor of influence.

This currency has not been diminished by the fact that he has been midfield coach at Carlton for the past two years and frankly they have been absolute tish.

Is Carlton's midfield their strength or weakness?

I actually think the Carlton midfield is ok. Think about the fact that they have no ruck division, a flashy forward line at best and a weak defence. Also think about the fact that their best midfielder, Nick Stevens, has not played of late.

I don't think you can assume Rattern has done a bad job because the team has been poor.

Is Carlton's midfield their strength or weakness?

I actually think the Carlton midfield is ok. Think about the fact that they have no ruck division, a flashy forward line at best and a weak defence. Also think about the fact that their best midfielder, Nick Stevens, has not played of late.

I don't think you can assume Rattern has done a bad job because the team has been poor.

Agree Gouga. So how can people be in a position to reasonably rate Ratten's year at MFC when we had Thompson finally fit and White as an AA.

However for what it is worth, Carlton smashed us in the clearances the other week but their persistently poor disposal week after week does not reflect well though. They do not seem to have progressed much.

Now that Carlton are in the market for a coach along with us and Freo it puts us in a awkward situation...

Market wise Fremantle and Carlton are both more prominent than Melbourne..

List wise i believe we are equal if not better than Freo but the general footy public will disagree. Carlton have the young list with high draft picks to work with...

What am i trying to get at you may be asking???

WELL

I think we will now probably have to settle for the third best coach out of all available........

Mind you if we could lure Pagan to the junction that would be good. his market ability to sell the club and the fact he’s a dual premiership player is just the attributes of a coach we should be looking for.

Iwas just going to post something along these lines.

We are absolutely snakebit, We want a new couch,--------everybody whats a new couch all of the sudden, all we need now is Wallace to get the big 'A' next week and then Sheedy gets the Heave Ho and we'll end up with the dregs and failures to sift through, because we haven't got the coin to entice the best. Honestly we'll end up with ZIg and Zag and a bunch of other clowns!!!!!!!!!!!

We were so looking forward to this season, this was it, we were going to be a big factor in September but its all gone to ratshit.I just can't understand how they all fell apart so completely. So disappointed and mystified. I remember Ian Ridley(think it was him) a couple a years ago saying that the current players were better than the fiftys, he must have been glue sniffing but I was prepared to believe him in a simple sort of way.

Oh well, my knocking of the players has come to an end this season, can't kick em while they are down and out.

We are absolutely snakebit, We want a new couch,--------everybody whats a new couch all of the sudden

Don't worry theres plenty of places to get a good couch out there. Theres Freedom Furniture, OZ Design, Gainsville....

But no doubt we will end up with one from Fantastic Furniture. Cheap and looks ok, but will be out of date and broken after a year.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Don't worry theres plenty of places to get a good couch out there. Theres Freedom Furniture, OZ Design, Gainsville....

But no doubt we will end up with one from Fantastic Furniture. Cheap and looks ok, but will be out of date and broken after a year.

Sorry couldn't resist.

How about the one from Geelong. He won a Brownlow!

Pagan shoud not be our coach. his coaching performance for 5.5 yrs at carlton is a disgrace.

I agree. There should be no way known that we should go for Pagan...

I'd even prefer Connolly to Pagan, and thats not saying much! :wacko:

well the GF has been relegated to a sideshow this year..

the real interest is what happens when the music stops..

and who's where !!!

well the GF has been relegated to a sideshow this year..

the real interest is what happens when the music stops..

and who's where !!!

Every chance it will turn into a sprint to see who signs who first. One advantage MFC has is they were first cab of the rank! The review was to be completed by end of July & so hopefully the theory part is about done.

All of this is subject to whether any deals have already been set up such as ND to Bummers. (been rumoured for 18 months already) Hard to see Bomber Thompson entering the fray with Cats poised for crack at GF and if Harvey performs OK at Shockers u would think he would lead race there. Perhaps same applies for Ratten?

MFC position is perhaps the one with no clear favorite & maybe opportunity for MFC Board to take advantage of that??

PG is Co.. Onya bikes ASAP!!

maybe the Coaches can simplify it all.. Set up a trade fair !!! lol each as own tent...and all the clubs can visit !!

This is the most bizzarre year I can remember !!

Sorry couldn't resist.

What a plonker I am, see, thats what happens when you don't give attention to detail, it all falls apart and you look like an idiot!!!

Nice reply though!!