Christian Petracca

7 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

Given his yet unresolved recovery and hitting 29 years old next season I don't think other clubs will be prepared to match his current contract with 5 years remaining at serious coin. Clubs will not be prepared to offer prime picks or trades as well without certainty. If he goes he will have to accept a lesser contract with conditions attached.
If the club realises Trac is serious about leaving they may have to be prepared to cut their losses and let him go cheaply  given that Gus has a lengthy contract and won't play anymore and there is doubts Oliver can honour his lengthy contract as well. 

Each to their own. I think there will be multiple clubs willing to trade and take on his salary. Players of the caliber of Tracc don’t come along very often. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sue said:

As to his lack of travel - maybe he has critical medical appointments - who knows.   But I agree his lack of congratulating the team on the win is a bad sign.  But would it actually go down well with any team he might be hoping to join?   Might be more going on than any of us knows.

I'm not to concerned about this. Social media is for communicating externally to the club and anything he posts will end up becoming a distraction. Given Trac doesn't appear to be doing any footy related social media him not posting re our win is consistent with this. Just because he isn't posting on social media doesn't mean he isn't messaging players directly.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chookrat said:

I'm not to concerned about this. Social media is for communicating externally to the club and anything he posts will end up becoming a distraction. Given Trac doesn't appear to be doing any footy related social media him not posting re our win is consistent with this. Just because he isn't posting on social media doesn't mean he isn't messaging players directly.

I usually see a like on all club and other player instagram posts. There is absolutely nothing wrong with continuing that. However it seems like he’s on a social media blackout. So can’t read much into it.

Edited by Gawndy the Great
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 16/08/2024 at 18:27, Demonstone said:

It's not easy to follow up something as deep and meaningful as 'Awopbopaloomopalopbombom'.

Oh yeah?

'I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob...'

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Grr-owl said:

Oh yeah?

'I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob...'

No song could ever be profound and meaningful as The Trashmen’s smash hit Surfin Bird

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!
Bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird bird bird, bird is the word
A-well-a bird bird bird, well-a bird is the word
A-well-a bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a don't you know, about the bird?
Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!
A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the bird
A-well-a

A-well-a everybody's heard, about the bird!
Bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a don't you know, about the bird?
Well! Everybody's talking about the bird!
A-well-a bird!

Surfin' bird

Pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa 
Oom m-mow mow
Pa pa oom mow m-mow
Pa pa pa oom m-mow mow
Pa pa oom mow m-mow
Pa pa oom m-mow mow
Pa pa oom mow m-mow
Oom m-mow mow
Pa pa oom mow m-mow
Pa pa oom m-mow mow
Pa pa oom mow m-mow
Pa pa oom m-mow mow
Pa pa oom mow m-mow
Oom m-oom m-oom m-oom 
M-oom m-mow mow
Pa pa oom mow m-mow
Pa pa oom m-oom m-oom m-oom 
M-oom m-mow mow
Pa pa oom mow m-mow
Oom m-mow mow
Pa pa oom mow m-mow
Pa pa oom m-mow mow
Pa pa oom mow m-mow
Pa pa oom m-mow mow
Oom mow m-mow
Pa pa oom m-mow mow
Oom mow m-mow
Pa pa oom m-oom m-oom m-oom 
M-oom m-mow mow
Oom m-oom m-oom m-oom 
M-oom m-mow mow
Oom mow m-mow
Pa pa oom mow m-mow
Pa pa oom m-mow mow
Oom mow m-mow
Well-a don't you know, about the bird?
Well! Everybody knows that the bird is the word!
A-well-a oom m-mow mow
Pa pa oom mow m-mow
Ba pa oom m-mow mow
Oom mow m-mow
Pa pa oom m-mow mow
Oom mow m-mow
Pa pa oom m-mow mow

• Love 1

If the photo/unity was a message to anyone, it was to the fans/sponsors. 

Most assume that Trac’s social media silence is indicative of him wanting out. Whilst it might be, it could also be indicative of someone who has been too vocal and is now sheepish and doesn’t know what to say.

It’s easy enough to assume he didn’t go to the GC because he’s disjointed from the club, but there is probably another perfectly good reason he didn’t go that we all don’t know about. 

I might be completely wrong and he could genuinely have thrown the toys out of the cot, but I just reckon we’re all prone to assuming the worst when we maybe shouldn’t. 

• Like 10

15 hours ago, Deeminion said:

Benny Brown played in the 2s pregame and kicked 6. He would have been there as all the other Casey boys who played in the pregame were in the clip. 

I know, but I watched the team song clip on instagram a few times and I couldn’t see BBB or Hunter in the circle. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

The team photo was a “F You” to Trac? Just when I thought this thread couldn’t get anymore cooked… congrats, this is an all new level of speculation.

Tom Morris will no doubt run with this tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Sorry to say but hard to feel for him when he clearly is acting selfish and not the leader he is supposed to be.

I bet if you do a survey among the Dees supporters most will be disappointed in him.

Very sad that probably the most beloved player in our list falls from grace in a blink of an eye. This hurts even more as many kids love the guy.

I didn’t do a survey but this weekend we talked to heaps of QLD-based Dees fans and fans who’d made the trip from whatever state as well as VIC fans who we already know and unsurprisingly the hot topic was Tracc. Without exception, everyone is filthy on him, even fans who previously adored him can’t believe how he’s gone about this.

If Tracc’s not looking to leave us and his intention is just to jolt the club into heading in the right direction etc. he needs to realise it comes with a cost: he’s likely lost a horde of hitherto devoted fans. Sadly many of these are little kids currently running around with #5 on their jumpers. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

As per my previous post, I’m as disappointed as much as anyone that he chose not to travel, however is it conceivable that traveling would have opened him up to being door stopped on multiple occasions or is that nonsense?

If that’s what stopped him from attending what was hoped and planned to be, and ended up being, an extremely important and powerful juncture for our Club, then yes, that’s nonsense IMHO.

Besides, I don’t think door-stopping was possible. The players were together at all times. We hung out with them at the airport last night, they all arrived together and stayed together… not a reporter in sight.

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 11

22 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

If that’s what stopped him from attending what was hoped and planned to be, and ended up being, an extremely important and powerful juncture for our Club, then yes, that’s nonsense IMHO.

Besides, I don’t think door-stopping was possible. The players were together at all times. We hung out with them at the airport last night, they all arrived together and stayed together… not a reporter in sight.

Have to say WCW, you’re usually extremely positive re the players and this is the most I’ve seen you speak negatively about a player…. Do you have some inside info?!

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I didn’t do a survey but this weekend we talked to heaps of QLD-based Dees fans and fans who’d made the trip from whatever state as well as VIC fans who we already know and unsurprisingly the hot topic was Tracc. Without exception, everyone is filthy on him, even fans who previously adored him can’t believe how he’s gone about this.

If Tracc’s not looking to leave us and his intention is just to jolt the club into heading in the right direction etc. he needs to realise it comes with a cost: he’s likely lost a horde of hitherto devoted fans. Sadly many of these are little kids currently running around with #5 on their jumpers. 

We still are unclear what his motivations are or whether he has ultimatums he wants addressed about problems with other players, officials, coaches or game plan. Whilst he hasn’t said much publicly  it’s clear he has been talking to the wrong people for a long time as rumours have been around since last season. No player is bigger than the club. Also why do we often hear about his friendships with oppo players, especially from Collingwood but not so much about his teammates? 

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 1

I'll happily concede I have no idea what's really going on. I would think very few do.

But to say NOTHING is going on might be a little too naive. To say we hold ALL the cards is to not understand how things really work. We hold a lot of cards, many of them good, but not all.  Tbh in this day and age re footy often a contract is not as watertight binding as they once were.

I don't think Tracc is a 100% happy chappy but about what and why ? No real idea.

I've mentioned to some in passing I've often seen a very frustrated player out there so something is going on.

Would I bet money ( especially my own ) that Christian will be in Red and Blue next season ?  No way Jose....  but i hope he is

Melbourne's season is finished ( officially, has been for a while ) come Friday night.

Might get very interesting after. When arw the exit interviews ? Hmmm.... stay tuned.

• Like 1

Must say I'm pretty surprised how in a 24-48 hr period people went from defending Trac to now piling on. I don't live my whole weekend in footy world so I nayeb have missed something but it seems like a quick turn. 

I guess the silence is off-putting.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

17 minutes ago, layzie said:

Must say I'm pretty surprised how in a 24-48 hr period people went from defending Trac to now piling on. I don't live my whole weekend in footy world so I nayeb have missed something but it seems like a quick turn. 

I guess the silence is off-putting.

A) Silence

B) absent from the GC game, not even a little nudge on his social media

C) meeting with Lachie Neale, regardless of the intention 

Those are my personal contention points regarding Petracca.

Why let it boil more than it has already?

• Like 6
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Have to say WCW, you’re usually extremely positive re the players and this is the most I’ve seen you speak negatively about a player…. Do you have some inside info?!

I don’t think she has to say anything. It’s pretty obvious tbh. What better way to end the speculation, to show the support and unity by rocking up - he could even FIFO it. Trac has just dug himself a big hole that will in one way shape or form shape his legacy. 

The sooner he realises this, the quicker he can make amends. He needs  to get to work over the summer and show up tıp tıp for round 1. Same goes for Oliver, Petty & McAdam. These guys had horrendous pre seasons (some through no fault of their own) and owe us a lift in 2025. 

If Trac can’t see beyond his own ego and demands a trade, then he’ll go where it best serves the club. 

No one person is bigger than the club. We all want team success. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I don’t think she has to say anything. It’s pretty obvious tbh. What better way to end the speculation, to show the support and unity by rocking up - he could even FIFO it. Trac has just dug himself a big hole that will in one way shape or form shape his legacy. 

The sooner he realises this, the quicker he can make amends. He needs  to get to work over the summer and show up tıp tıp for round 1. Same goes for Oliver, Petty & McAdam. These guys had horrendous pre seasons (some through no fault of their own) and owe us a lift in 2025. 

If Trac can’t see beyond his own ego and demands a trade, then he’ll go where it best serves the club. 

No one person is bigger than the club. We all want team success. 

It boggles the mind to think that Petracca had the whole supporter base and a legacy with the club on he palm of his hand, now it feels like he's throwing it all away.

I never in a million years expected this, probably I thought Clarry could be the one to whom this could happen but not Petracca.

Edited by ElDiablo14
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

A) Silence

B) absent from the GC game, not even a little nudge on his social media

C) meeting with Lachie Neale, regardless of the intention 

Those are my personal contention points regarding Petracca.

Why let it boil more than it has already?

Add to that all the media noise. I think it’s safe to say that whilst  there is definitely some mayo on it, it has turned out to be true.