Christian Petracca

6 minutes ago, Flowergirl said:

https://x.com/DanielCherny/status/1828015855936086260?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

From article:

"Red flags emerged on Petracca.

Former Saints list manager Ameet Bains and recruiter Tony Elshaug started to question whether Petracca would fit their environment.

Why did the psych test reveal an eagerness for Petracca to promote himself ahead of teammates? Were there selfish traits?

Did his antics at the 3km time-trial – ensuring everybody knew he was sore – highlight immaturity? A lack of mental strength?

How come he completed extra training in isolation instead of with teammates?

Petracca seemed to enjoy attention. Would his personality blend in at St Kilda?"

Wow wee. Golly gosh. Seriously.

For a deal to get done both sides need to win

we don’t have a surplus of elite mids so the deal would have to fix another problem like a forward who can ruck and backfill for Trac - that is a major challenge 

A team with a weak midfield but still some tradeable assets for Trac? Which club fits that script?

• Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, The Taciturn Demon said:

I often tell myself, as I pass 40, that under no circumstances should I become the old man yelling at a cloud that I see everywhere around me. But when it comes to "building a personal brand" I'm full on Grandpa Simpson. 

One of the biggest, most pernicious loads of [censored] dreamt up in the last century. 

If his 'brand' is so important then he really should have been a basketball player. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, binman said:

My tip.

This will all blow over and there will be a big redemption, reconciliation patch up job by tracc's team.

Why?

Well, whilst i don't doubt tracc wants our, it appears he's wedged himself.

(I say appeared because whilst there's obviously been some strategic backgrounding to journos, the only info we've got thus far is from peanuts like Morris and McClure - note this a classic move of politcians and player managers alike as it gets the desired message out, sets the narrative but also provides a get out, we never said such stuff, option).

By wedged i mean the suggestion is he wants out, but only to a 'big Victorian club' in the Premiership window.

Realistically that is the pies, blues and a very long stretch the bombers (noting their home ground is marvel).

To get to one of those clubs a mighty good deal would need to be done - one that satisfies us.

What leverage does tracc have?

Well, some might argue his leverage is the dees having a player on the list who wants to be elsewhere and who might be bad for the vibe at the club

Big f deal for one thing. 

But that's basically a threat - one we have clearly signalled (goody's post match presser being the best example) we are not going to be bowed by.

A key point is if things are so bad, and he really, really wants out then suck it up and go to the Tigers, or West coast, or the suns. Or wherever.

Or not, and honour his contract.

Yes, agreed Binman. 'I want to break my contract and, by the way, I want to play for Carlton' probably doesn't wash

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

I don’t think Connors would be happy with the ‘noise’ being made by Trac @binman

It’s not the way he operates

Whoever has been backgrounding Maclure, Morris isn’t working to his usual approach

No they wouldn't. This is exactly what was said last night by Sammy Edmund I'm pretty sure regarding the noise with management 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bluey said:

You reach the stage where you have overplayed your hand.

Jason Ackermannis style.

the suitors become concerned that your a liability.

A club with good values doesn’t wish to import high maintenance trouble.

Wow one of your best posts.

Edited by loges
  • Like 5

i know everyone is leaning into the ben simmons comparisons, but to be honest this reminds me more of alex rodriguez, the baseball superstar who left the seattle mariners - the club that picked him at the top en of the draft, developed him into a superstar, only to see him walk out to the texas rangers as a free agent to become the highest paid player in the game, before forcing a trade for the bright lights of the new york yankees

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

Well one things for sure the situation for Dees fans has quickly moved from never trade to pitchforks get the big head out of here. If you wanted out of a club hard to think of a better way to manipulate the situation than Trac has. Melbourne should enforce his contract unless a deal is presented that is at least a breakeven for the club. My only gripe with the club has been this ongoing nonsense we have the best culture EVER. Holding that out exposes you as fools when it goes pear shaped.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, whatwhat say what said:

I don’t think Connors would be happy with the ‘noise’ being made by Trac @binman

It’s not the way he operates

Whoever has been backgrounding Maclure, Morris isn’t working to his usual approach

Maybe. Maybe not.

The result is the same.

On conners, if he is not responsible for the strategic backgrounding of morris why has he let this play out like it has?

Why hasn't he backgrounded another journo to at least tamp down the noise 'till after the GF?

I mean, he's tracc's manager after all. And if demonland is any guide, tracc's stocks are falling in terms of his reputation.

That's to say, whilst the initial reporting was favourable towards him (ultra pro unhappy with the 'direction' of a club the media loves to hammer), it's swinging the other way - for example the suggestion his teammates are jack of him.

If I was conners I'd be concerned the idea of tracc as an entitled, prima donna taking hold - Australians are allergic to that idea of stars elevating themselves above their team.

And leaving aside the response by fans, if that perception takes hold amongst players at say the pies or blues how keen will they be about a diva coming to their club (probably instantly the highest paid), with all the attendant palaver.

And how will the big stars at either club feel about having to share the spotlight with tracc? 

• Like 10
  • Thinking 1

13 minutes ago, binman said:

My tip.

This will all blow over and there will be a big redemption, reconciliation patch up job by tracc's team.

Why?

Well, whilst i don't doubt tracc wants our, it appears he's wedged himself.

(I say appeared because whilst there's obviously been some strategic backgrounding to journos, the only info we've got thus far is from peanuts like Morris and McClure - note this a classic move of politcians and player managers alike as it gets the desired message out, sets the narrative but also provides a get out, we never said such stuff, option).

By wedged i mean the suggestion is he wants out, but only to a 'big Victorian club' in the Premiership window.

Realistically that is the pies, blues and a very long stretch the bombers (noting their home ground is marvel).

To get to one of those clubs a mighty good deal would need to be done - one that satisfies us.

What leverage does tracc have?

Well, some might argue his leverage is the dees having a player on the list who wants to be elsewhere and who might be bad for the vibe at the club

Big f deal for one thing. 

But that's basically a threat - one we have clearly signalled (goody's post match presser being the best example) we are not going to be bowed by.

A key point is if things are so bad, and he really, really wants out then suck it up and go to the Tigers, or West coast, or the suns. Or wherever.

Or not, and honour his contract.

Not a bad shout.

Also, I didn't consider the full extent of the backgrounding to journos and the mechanics behind it. It makes a lot of sense, especially if it's those types of journos where you could easily discount what they've said.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tracca said:

Sorry how do you know trac is leaking info? and what info is he leaking?

I’m deducing based on the information in the public realm.

He wants to be traded. That’s not in any doubt at this stage.

He wants to play for a big Victorian club. That’s not coming from the MFC. It’s disparaging to the club so makes no sense for the club to say this. We know Trac wants to build his brand so this would only come from him

The club do not want to trade. It makes no sense for them to leak what’s been leaked. The problems with the top office, the way the Clarry situation was handled. It all reflects badly on the club. It only makes sense if it’s coming from Trac’s side.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Where Demons Dare said:

I loved how McClure said "in his opinion" to kick off his segment on 'Footy Classified' tonight basically meaning it's all hypothetical. Of the five bullet points he made in his segment, I honestly couldn't buy any of it. It all sounded too wishy washy for me. It's clear to me that McClure is getting this information second hand when he couldn't answer any proper direct questions from the panel for instance when 'Cornes' asked about Goodwin and Petraccas relationship... he back peddled quickly and said he couldn't comment on it saying "he's not comfortable speaking to the heart of 1 on 1 relationships" because he knew he had nothing. 

What I found interesting was Lloyd's comments having spoken to some players and they believed his services are best suited elsewhere. But what I get from that is that the players feel he needs to drop his enormous ego and start toeing the line if he wants to get some respect back from the playing group back. Unfortunately I feel now he'll never be Captain of our club which seemed almost destined for him in the next year or two. Oh how far you've fallen Christian... 

Did you also notice at the end of the segment 'Hutchy' thanked Sam and Tom for breaking the news. Morris strikes again... McClure is only telling what Morris had passed on. That's why he couldn't answer any direct line of questioning.

You're actually good.

Post more often!

3 minutes ago, Tracca said:

you still havent answered the question. is it hearsay or fact? and what exactly was leaked?

as the same tripe that McLure and Morris have said, was said 3 years ago. nothing has changed.

The reason leaked by Tracs team is that he wants out for a number of reasons- mainly to play for bigger club and builds his brand.

But this is well past just Morris and McLure. 
The age have said the verified it with 3 sources. Lloyd said he has spoken to current players about it.

We have numerous posters with runs on the board saying they have heard it from good sources.  

This is a bit of smoke anymore it’s a proper fire. 
If you want to bury your head in the sand go for it. Gary Lyon said a few weeks ago that until he heard it from Christians mouth he wouldn’t believe it, your entitled to take the same position. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

i know everyone is leaning into the ben simmons comparisons, but to be honest this reminds me more of alex rodriguez, the baseball superstar who left the seattle mariners - the club that picked him at the top en of the draft, developed him into a superstar, only to see him walk out to the texas rangers as a free agent to become the highest paid player in the game, before forcing a trade for the bright lights of the new york yankees

I like it @whatwhat say what! Minus the steroids stuff. 

A caller on SEN (I know, I know) said he had advised the club he wants to be traded to Blues, Pies or Lions. If this was true and I'm the club, I am speaking with some of the Lions young Vic boys and seeing if they want to come home on a larger salary and longer contract. I'm thinking Rayner and Bailey more specifically.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Wonder if Adam Cerra will come back into trade calculations. 

Please...........

Athough its the kind of deal Melbourne would do.

Petracca for Cerra and we'd throw in Pick 5 and future first.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

Seriously, are you 13?

I’m not sure why you find it so outlandish that young players are googling themselves and coming across this site. Maybe the internet wasn’t around when you were in your early 20s?

Everyone at the club knows about this site considering Demonland is a long term player sponsor and has had multiple players and FD members join the podcast. 
Hell, we have had family members of players openly post on here, and I’m sure there are dozens more who post anonymously.

WCW is not suggesting Max is reading George Demonland threads at bedtime, but I am sure plenty of young players go online to see what is being said about them, be it here or Bigfooty or social media. 

I am sure the club is telling them to keep away, but curiosity is part of human nature. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, binman said:

Why hasn't he backgrounded another journo to at least tamp down the noise 'till after the GF?

If I was conners I'd be concerned the idea of tracc as an entitled, prima donna taking hold - 

I just wonder if Tracca and Conners are on the same page with all this coming out.

only from 1 or 2 “journos”

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

6 hours ago, bluey said:

You reach the stage where you have overplayed your hand.

Jason Ackermannis style.

the suitors become concerned that your a liability.

A club with good values doesn’t wish to import high maintenance trouble.

The name did flash through my head about 10 mins ago to be honest. 

• Sad 1