Christian Petracca

Trade him trade the club. Trade them all go for kids. All of Clarry, Trac and Viney can't kick anyway

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

53 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

Tom Morris 1 - Demonland 0.

And Morris must have shown this thread to his boss and they are laughing their heads off.Pay rise for Morris.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

10 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

This. Trac doesn't need to say anything, because he has, wait for it, not said anything!

He is fully entitled to have conversations with the club, both positive and negative. A player who is as competitive and as driven as him, would absolutely be disgruntled sitting on the sidelines and watching the slow-mo car crash that is our season.

But at no point he has ever said or done anything to suggest he wants to leave the club. It was simply Morris getting info and putting 1+1 together and getting 98 because well, Morris.

I think most have moved beyond that this is mere speculation. 

At this stage I would have expected Trac to come out and deny this given this [censored] storm it has caused in his name if it wasn’t true. The club felt obligated to, so he should as well unless he wants to send a message. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Gawndy the Great said:

At this stage I would have expected Trac to come out and deny this given this [censored] storm it has caused in his name if it wasn’t true. The club felt obligated to, so he should as well unless he wants to send a message. 

It’s definitely not mere speculation that Trac is upset about certain things. But it is absolutely mere speculation that he wants to leave. 
There is a very very long road between “disgruntled” and “I’m leaving”. 

• Clap 3

8 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Trade him trade the club. Trade them all go for kids. All of Clarry, Trac and Viney can't kick anyway

I was hoping for a response. Didn't mean any of it. This will all blow over.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, John Crow Batty said:

Tom Morris 1 - Demonland 0.

9 minutes ago, Dingo said:

And Morris must have shown this thread to his boss and they are laughing their heads off.Pay rise for Morris.

Not so sure about that. Many people just watched the clip from Twitter/X on Demonland without getting click baited onto a channel 9 article. Demonland earned game day ad revenue on a Tuesday.

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

• Haha 10
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Binmans PA said:

I'm not sure how long Choco has on his contract, but I hope we're extending him.

Development at Melbourne, particularly of players 1-4 years, is a strength.

Agree that development has been ok however his role as kicking coach leaves a bit to be desired based on results the last two seasons.

7 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Not so sure about that. Many people just watched the clip from Twitter/X on Demonland without getting click baited onto a channel 9 article. Demonland earned game day ad revenue on a Tuesday.

My advise to people is block those clowns on twitter, just read the link/post provided by the good sirs on Demonland. 😎😎

• Love 2

Yes Fully Agree don't think  for one minute he is leaving  I think he is making a point to the Board Football Department  Coaches Fitness Medical and Mental staff that changes are necessary that there is something seriously wrong being a proud person he wants this full corrected basically what is currently happening has not worked

He has always cared about this club and  in his work and has concerns  that others appear to be messing it up ?

We all know what the real issues  are but as Gary Pert has indicated with a Full Review and Audit  and if that means changes they will happen.

We all want success but sometimes it comes a a cost 

• Like 2

Just now, ElDiablo14 said:

My advise to people is block those clowns on twitter, just read the link/post provided by the good sirs on Demonland. 😎😎

All the money raised here basically goes back to the club anyway via our two player sponsorships.

As an aside social media has most definitely had an impact on forums such as this but it absolutely has had a massive impact on the revenue of old school print and TV media.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Deetective Sgt. Taggert said:

Perhaps Petracca blames the ‘play through pain’ mantra on his own decision to return to the field after the injury, and that it might have exacerbated the extent of his injuries? Any reasonable person suffering an injury like this on the job is naturally going to begin to question how and why it happened, even if it was largely an accident…and you could imagine he might be feeling like even though it was his decision to return to the field (presumably with guidance from the medicos on the bench), he might have done otherwise if not for the performance team impressing on the players the play through pain mantra. 

Very good points, as it highlights the play through pain idea as a philosophy that might permeate the culture in general, ie not just the conditioning aspect.

Tracc sub consciously feeling he had to come back on might be an example of the impact of that philosophy.

Many, including commenators lauded may for coming back still feeling the effects of his broken ribs, so it's not as if its a philosophy unique to the dees

Perhaps tracc has reflected on why he decided to say he was OK to go back on when he clearly wasn't.

Another way the pay through pain mantra (perfect word for it) might cause issues is people all have different pain thresholds.

I wonder if there is a risk of some players feeling judged by others for not being as keen to push through the pain barrier or worry about being labelled as soft.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Do you honestly think this statement has been released without first getting  Christian to review it and be ok with the content ? I can’t see that happening tbh 

Edited by Sydee
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

It’s definitely not mere speculation that Trac is upset about certain things. But it is absolutely mere speculation that he wants to leave. 
There is a very very long road between “disgruntled” and “I’m leaving”. 

And what is wrong with tracc being upset about things that impact him?

I don't know about others, but I've never worked in a single workplace, even high performing, productive ones achieving its strategic goals, where every one is happy all the time or there aren't some people who are disgruntled to some degree.

I imagine in the hyper competitive, cut throat, alpha environment of AFL footy clubs that's even more the case - even at clubs having great seasons.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, binman said:

Very good points, as it highlights the play through pain idea as a philosophy that might permeate the culture in general, ie not just the conditioning aspect.

Tracc sub consciously feeling he had to come back on might be an example of the impact of that philosophy.

Many, including commenators lauded may for coming back still feeling the effects of his broken ribs, so it's not as if its a philosophy unique to the dees

Perhaps tracc has reflected on why he decided to say he was OK to go back on when he clearly wasn't.

Another way the pay through pain mantra (perfect word for it) might cause issues is people all have different pain thresholds.

I wonder if there is a risk of some players feeling judged by others for not being as keen to push through the pain barrier or worry about being labelled as soft.

Its an interesting discussion -obviously there are degrees of pain and probably even differences in pain for similar injuries and different players

Because it’s one of those “no one size fits all” type things it’s challenging to get the right balance and a consistent approach 

We have seen Trac play through significant pain before - you only have to go back to when he had a fracture in his leg and awful bruising - play on but in hindsight it was probably a mistake 

I can still remember the great man Jimmy Stynes playing week after week with what most players would rightly say were serious injuries - but play on he did. 

Its ultimately the reason we now have mandatory time off for players sustaining concussion because the default position for almost all players is to play on regardless of injuries 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, binman said:

I think this has to be the crux of it. He risked his life without knowing it and is no doubt reflecting how and why he did that. Maybe he’s also lost trust in Selwyn  Griffith? 

Whatever it is I hope he gets listened to and the club is smart enough to act on the information it gleans here… and not punish the truth tellers! 

I still have recurring nightmares about how we, as a club, handled things when we were trying to get the bottom of the issues between schwabb and Dean Bailey. Enter Mark Neeld and a death process I never want to repeat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Demonland said:

You’re Tom’s source aren’t you?!?

Edited by DistrACTION Jackson
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

OOC at the end of this year.

Iirc, someone on here posted quite a while back that Choco has a 'best before' of 2-3 years at a club in which his effectiveness holds.

What was his record before coming to us (obviously he won a flag at PA)?

3 hours ago, Little Richard said:

The crux of Trac's issue lies mostly with one person in the football department and I would be surprised if they're still at the MFC in 2025. The sauce is good.

So name them

• Clap 1

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I am glad that Players are voicing opinions. I said it last night. This piece of “news” has done one thing, it’s opened the door 

Big change must happen over Summer and they will…

I’m putting money on big changes not happening. Probably moderate changes. Not unlike a lot of off seasons.

• Angry 1

3 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Because clubs are accountable to members, whereas journalists are only accountable to the sock they keep in their bedside table.

This particular journo is single so I don’t think the bedside table is necessary.

• Haha 2

Trac would be one of the most influential players at our club. So if there's any truth to the rumors about issues with our club culture, it’s the senior players like Trac who should be reflecting on their own leadership, rather than looking to leave.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heart Beats True said:

Agree that development has been ok however his role as kicking coach leaves a bit to be desired based on results the last two seasons.

You can’t polish a [censored]. Recruit bad kicks, live with bad kicks, as they say.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, BringBackTheDemon said:

We were 3rd for scoring in 2021, 6th in 2022, 7th in 2023, and 14th in 2024. When we won the flag it definitely wasn't ugly. You need to be able to score/have multiple ways of winning games, which we havent for the past 3 years. 

apart from 2021, virtually the places we will have finished in each of those years?

2021-2023 were the best three consecutive years i've had as a dees fan - i felt confident that if were weren't winning the game then we'd be in it to win it every week without fail

• Clap 1