Christian Petracca

Just now, Gawndy the Great said:

Sure, but what role do they have that would have a significant impact on the clubs performance and direction? 

Literally any number of people from the football manager to the high performance manager would have a significant impact on the direction and performance of the club, and on Trac's career.

You think Trac only interacts with Goody and McQualter? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dee*ceiving said:

Selwyn Griffiths? 

Clearly we've fostered a mindset of resilience and playing through pain and injury since the Burgess days. Perhaps this midset/tactic has taken to heavy of a toll?

Perhaps SG (or others in the FD) have played the card too often or too hard? If it's not Goody that's a source of discontent for CP5, who might a bigger influence than the head of high performance? 

It maybe true, but to come out and make noise about this because he is not content with head of performance seems overthetop. No, to me there are one of two people that are in the firing line: Richo or Goody. He has supposedly indicated that he has no issue with Goody.

So maybe it’s Richo? And maybe this was all born out of the way he presumably dealt with Trac post injury and he has yet to move past this?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

5 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

The irony of course is that our fans are screaming the place down asking for everyone to be sacked, and yet they are upset that our players are voicing their own concerns.

I highly doubt that Cripps has never had a go at Carlton, while Neale was out the door at Brisbane. You have leaders in every club who would be unhappy, just as you would have employees in every business who are unhappy  when things are not going well.

If these discussions were not leaked, we would be none the wiser, and this would be just another end of season review for a club that has missed finals.

I am glad that Players are voicing opinions. I said it last night. This piece of “news” has done one thing, it’s opened the door 

Big change must happen over Summer and they will…

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Literally any number of people from the football manager to the high performance manager would have a significant impact on the direction and performance of the club, and on Trac's career.

You think Trac only interacts with Goody and McQualter? 

I get what you are saying - however trying to match the role of said person and the way this has played out suggests the role has to be significant in stature. You’re not going out of your way to make this ruckus for just anyone. 

Trac would very much be aware of how destructive these events are and that is why I think it has to be someone quite senior l.

1 minute ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I get what you are saying - however trying to match the role of said person and the way this has played out suggests the role has to be significant in stature. You’re not going out of your way to make this ruckus for just anyone. 

Trac would very much be aware of how destructive these events are and that is why I think it has to be someone quite senior l.

Well yes of course it’s not the tea lady and her dry biscuits 😂

But I think if his issue was with Goodwin, then that clown Morris would be all over it. When in fact Morris went out of his way to say Trac has no issues with the coach. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

My guess is Mark Williams, surely he'd get on your nerves eventually? 😂

I'm not sure how long Choco has on his contract, but I hope we're extending him.

Development at Melbourne, particularly of players 1-4 years, is a strength.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Binmans PA said:

I'm not sure how long Choco has on his contract, but I hope we're extending him.

OOC at the end of this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Well yes of course it’s not the tea lady and her dry biscuits 😂

But I think if his issue was with Goodwin, then that clown Morris would be all over it. When in fact Morris went out of his way to say Trac has no issues with the coach. 

Agreed I don’t think it’s Goody. My money in Richo.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Binmans PA said:

Is it ? I’m looking and seeing quite few not really setting the world on fire 

• Like 1

The letter is good, said what needed to be said.

Whether he's unhappy or not remains to be seen and if he is unhappy, whether it's about the handling of the injury or the direction of the footy club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heart Beats True said:

As we approach the end of the season, we have commenced discussions with a cross section of players, coaches and staff within our football program to discuss the improvements we need to make to return to the level we expect from our AFL program.  

Isn’t this standard operating procedure? Doesn’t tell us anything.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Binmans PA said:

I was being light hearted, something I do from time to time. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Sure, but what role do they have that would have a significant impact on the clubs performance and direction? 

I don’t think Trac is coming out and making all this noise for recruitment  or the Performance team. 

If @Little Richard statements are true I’d have my house in someone from the coaching team. 

If someone can pull up a post ..quote a statement that Trac has actually said/posted any of the comments alluded too …then basically it actually is “gossip & inuendo”. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dee*ceiving said:

Selwyn Griffiths? 

Clearly we've fostered a mindset of resilience and playing through pain and injury since the Burgess days. Perhaps this midset/tactic has taken to heavy of a toll?

Perhaps SG (or others in the FD) have played the card to often or too hard? If it's not Goody that's a source of discontent for CP5, who might a bigger influence than the head of high performance? 

Very reasonable questions - particularly about the efficacy long term of a model that has players repeatedly saying variations of 'no club trains harder than we do'.

Maybe the Burgess Griffith method and philosophy has a shelf life?

Maybe every method does.

There are so many variables (eg the impact of two byes, evolution of game plans) and mitigating factors (injury, interrupted preseasons, youth of the list) it's hard to fairly assess the high performance program.

But as is my wont I like to lean into known facts.

And one clear fact is the only part of the season where we were running out games to a level the game demands is in the first seven or so rounds- ie when you'd expect us to be in the best possible condition.

And another fact is blind freddy can see that, as evidenced by a number of data points (eg our last quarter scoring)we are paddling atm.

On the positive side of the ledger, we have once again had comparatively very few soft tissue injuries.

Edited by binman
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Sydee said:

Is it ? I’m looking and seeing quite few not really setting the world on fire 

Rivers, Koz, McVee, Windsor, Kolt, AMW, Howes, JVR, Turner, Bowey and now Jefferson all sit in his program. And Petty, Chandler and Spargo have all come through it recently.

Not quite sure if you're serious...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

Just now, Deestar9 said:

If someone can pull up a post ..quote a statement that Trac has actually said/posted any of the comments alluded too …then basically it actually is “gossip & inuendo”. ?

This. Trac doesn't need to say anything, because he has, wait for it, not said anything!

He is fully entitled to have conversations with the club, both positive and negative. A player who is as competitive and as driven as him, would absolutely be disgruntled sitting on the sidelines and watching the slow-mo car crash that is our season.

But at no point he has ever said or done anything to suggest he wants to leave the club. It was simply Morris getting info and putting 1+1 together and getting 98 because well, Morris.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

8 minutes ago, binman said:

Very reasonable questions - particularly about the efficacy long term of a model that has players repeatedly saying variations of 'no club trains harder than we do'.

Maybe the Baurgess Griffith method has a shelf life.

Maybe every method does.

There are so many variables (eg the impact of two byes, evolution of game plans) and mitigating factors (injury, interrupted preseasons, youth of the list) it's hard to fairly assess the high performance program.

But as is my wont I like to lean into known facts.

And one clear fact is the only part of the season where we were running out games to a level the game demands is in the first seven or so rounds- ie when you'd expect us to be in the best possible condition.

And another fact is blind freddy can see that, as evidenced by a number of data points (eg our last quarter scoring) we are paddling atm.

On the positive side of the ledger, we have once again had comparatively very few soft tissue injuries.

Perhaps Petracca blames the ‘play through pain’ mantra on his own decision to return to the field after the injury, and that it might have exacerbated the extent of his injuries? Any reasonable person suffering an injury like this on the job is naturally going to begin to question how and why it happened, even if it was largely an accident…and you could imagine he might be feeling like even though it was his decision to return to the field (presumably with guidance from the medicos on the bench), he might have done otherwise if not for the performance team impressing on the players the play through pain mantra. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1