Who will come back?

This week we were missing:

Bate

Yze

Rivers

Whelan

Moloney

Sylvia

Plus Bartram and Pickett who are still a couple of weeks away.

I'm guessing Yze and Bate are likely due to being late withdrawals, and Sylvia only had hamstring soreness. As for Rivers, Whelan and Moloney - who knows?

And who didn't impress today? I wasn't there but by the looks of it Biz will definately keep his place.

? Frawley/Holland (at least one will have to stay - hopefully Frawley), Miller, Dunn (wouldn't want to see that tho), Ward

I'm keen to move on from the pain of that loss very quickly. They sure know how to frustrate us - play frustratingly terrible for 3 quarters then make an amazing come back only to lose with a goal with less than 2 mins to go.

Any ideas what is wrong with Bate?

The changes will once again depend on who pulls up injured this week, and who is ready to return.

Sylvia, Bate, RIVERS, Whelan, Moloney and Yze are all possibilities for this week. Once we know who is right to go, then we can start formulating a side.

Frawley has to stay for at least another game. He got very limited ground time to show his stuff, and it would be a confidence blow to drop him after one game.

ward, brown and i have to say miller (he did pick up but still not enough)

bring in the waterboy, head pyshio and some bloke walking down the street, cant be any worse

but the first 2 have to go

You have no f*&%ing idea do you? Brown was one of our best today. You don't drop your best players!!

Brown did get plenty of the ball and often went running forwards with speedy bursts only to constantly cough it up. You can't be considered one of the best if you have as many clangers as he did today.......

no i have an idea, he cant use the ball, dont care how often he gets it he massacres it! maybe you should pay more attention to what he does with it, he either kicks it 20 meters sidewards or back ward and if he doesnt turn it over he kicks it 20 meters forward to a 2 on 1 or straight to an opponent

OUT: MILLER, HOLLAND, WARD, BROWN..

IN: Whoever 4 are ready....

these 4 guys simply have shocking disposal and cost us time and time again... Bizz stuck it up the selectors today... he should be in every week ahead of hacks like Holland... at least he gives us drive...

Hoping Yze, Bate, Sylvia, Rivers for those 4 spuds...

OUT: MILLER, HOLLAND, WARD, BROWN..

Holland?

I am far from his biggest fan but he is a very solid defender, and when he has a job to do, he plays and does well to shut down his opponent.

His disposal isn't brilliant, but he is not really a line breaker, so it doesn't matter.

Carroll's disposal is as bad as Holland's, but that is not their primary role.

speaking of carroll though, how damned good are his marks? outrageously good.

Yeah, they're good, but he needs to develop more penetration in his kicking. Too often today his kicks put other players under pressure that wasn't necessary. He did play well though.

As for changes:

In: Yze, Bate, Rivers, Sylvia, Whelan

Out: I have no idea. There weren't too many passengers today for once. Miller should be de-listed. He could be the first player ever to be de-listed mid season.

Holland is GONE. Interesting that we played well when he was off teh ground in the last quater. Unfortunately he is too slow now. Maybe he is ok on the big FFs (ie. Gehrig, Lynch. etc).

Out: Holland, Ward, Brown, Frawley (not ready), Miller (needs confidence)

In: Whelan, Rivers, Sylvia (if fit) , Bate, Yze/Newton

I think the only players that could be dropped after today's performance are Dunn, Holland and Ward.

However I don't think Bate, Sylvia and Yze are automatic ins. It will be an interesting selection next week.

What's the deal with people wanting to drop Dunn?

He is learning a brand new position, one which he has never played before. I thought he was excellent in the first quarter when playing on the wing, then Daniher inexplicably sent him to the bench and played him randomly up forward.

How is anyone supposed to get into the match this way?

He has what it takes to make it, and we need to stick with him and let him learn his craft on the wing, or just stick him up forward for 120 minutes. Dropping him would be pointless, especially when we are yet to win a match and our season is over.

Also, can't drop Frawley. He needs at least 3 or 4 games to get settled. I imagine that being a young key defender is probably the hardest thing, especially when your side is getting spanked. When you're a midfielder or even a forward, and you're new, you get thrown out there, the opposition give you no respect and you can get a feel of the footy. But poor Frawley wasn't given a defensive match-up, and when you are a key position defender coming into a team for the first time, there is very little you can do to impress straight away.

I hope they give him a job next week and let him play for most of the game.

had me as why dunn and miller werent swapped end for end .. at least Frosty's tacklong would have been useful in defence.. Dunn can think ( unlike previous ) and make clever use of the ball going forward.

whatever changes are looming...they need to address the reality we have the worst forward line ( by score ) about to face the second most miselry defence !!

Out: Ward, Miller, Holland (if Rivers is fit)

In: Sylvia, Whelan, Rivers (if fit)

I don't think drastic changes are necessary this week, and whilst it was a poor performance last week it was fairly even across the board. Ward's unaccountability has to be the last straw with Whelan's return, and Miller's continual ineffectiveness coupled with the fact that we went in too tall angainst the Roos should mean a swap for Sylvia. Crows don't have any 'gorillas' but a few tall types, so Frawley should be retained over Holland and Rivers should come back in.

If Miller gets another game after his performance its a joke.

If Bizzell doesn't retain his spot we're playing to lose.

I know people are getting fed up with Miller but if you watch the game again I think you will find he kept presenting and didn't drop the marks if they were delivered correctly. Often when he had a few metres on his opponent the passes came in bouncing before him or not to his advantage. He is as low on confidence as all of them and is a much better player when we have runners from the back half and midfield coming past for a handball which is not happening at the moment as we are playing reactive football not proactive ( apart from the last qtr!!!).