Play the Kids - Time to empty the vault

17 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Andy Moniz Wakefield.  It’s time to give him a go.  And not just one game. Three games minimum.  He’s still learning but gives it a rip.  

Come On Down Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Yes for Bowsa or even Billings to assist with transition chains and the last kick coming inside 50.

Kolt in to share the 4th mid role with Sparrow as the tactical sub for a block of 4 to 6 matches to see how he handles it?

Although Sparrow didn't attend any  CBs vs the Eagles so what is his role at these times?  Run with cooler on someome post bounce or a medium HF role shared with someone else like McAdam?  If so i'm not sure that's working either.

So if the FD decides "no Sparrow at CBs" this week for whatever reason... just bring Kolt in for Sparrow to attend a fair % of CBs and Sparrow plays the tactical sub?

Sparrow to Richmond. Apparently loved by Yze as they regular kick to kick sessions in the park and chai lattes in the local cafe.  Only joking but I think Tom Sparrow must get the message that his place is not assured and he needs to step up.  He’s not a boy anymore.   He’s 24 next week.  We are wanting to see more.  More contested winning of the footy. More goals.  More ball use efficiency.  

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, BDA said:

I say we sack everyone and start afresh. Burn down the MGC while we’re at it.

Then relocate to Geelong and a new ground and training base funded by the government in no time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

If we could go back in time I would certainly advocate “let’s play the kids”, like about 12 of them immediately! This showed up in my FB, I guess it’s the Reserves side for a game in 1991. [censored] it shows how much the talent pool has been diluted over the past 30 years. I mean talk about emerging talent and experience still on the list if needed! 

57A8DA84-D2D9-4BC8-930D-09FDA9200CEF.jpeg

Edited by Earl Hood
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Lot of well known names and future stars there, Earl.

I suspect many of those were injured that particular week and that the record just listed all the players who were not named in the seniors.

edit:  Those that ran out for the main game that day would have included O'Dwyer, Lyon, Spalding, Lovett (x2), Owen, Stynes, Viney (T.), Grinter, Bennett, Febey (S.), Beveridge, Wight, Keogh, Clarke, Rhode, Jackson and Cuthbertson.

Edited by Demonstone

2 hours ago, Demonstone said:

Lot of well known names and future stars there, Earl.

I suspect many of those were injured that particular week and that the record just listed all the players who were not named in the seniors.

edit:  Those that ran out for the main game that day would have included O'Dwyer, Lyon, Spalding, Lovett (x2), Owen, Stynes, Viney (T.), Grinter, Bennett, Febey (S.), Beveridge, Wight, Keogh, Clarke, Rhode, Jackson and Cuthbertson.

What a list, how did we not snaffle a premiership in the 90’s? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

38 minutes ago, The Stigga said:

I keep saying, the longer this goes on...

Time to empty the vault...

Yep starting with AMW and Jeffo

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

While I think that ‘the vault’ is already open, I would prefer we use the rest of this year to prolong the careers of Gawn, May, and Viney. 

There is no point flogging these guys when we just don’t have it.

4 minutes ago, rpfc said:

While I think that ‘the vault’ is already open, I would prefer we use the rest of this year to prolong the careers of Gawn, May, and Viney. 

These three are at the end of their careers.

The problem is nothing has come up from below

7 hours ago, rpfc said:

I tend to agree. 

Kolt & Ollie are being groomed as goal kicking forwards who go to the middle and get clearances. They are both big bodied kids who need to develop a tank. Trac moving forward has taken that away. The loss of Gus is huge and add to that the loss of Trac and the midfield looks a little bare

No offence to Chandler & Laurie but they are small, not particularly quick and don't kick goals and rarely get double digit possessions. Maybe AMW should get a go, he has the pace. Look at how Windsor has settled in, he is tall, has pace and gets the ball

Turner forward has me baffled as I think he is a Backman who has less experience as a forward than Jefferson who is a natural forward.

It has been the club policy not to rush the kids and give them a season at least at Casey. I cannot see them changing that just yet. Personally I would prefer Fritch on the flank and 3 marking targets JVR and 2 others.

We have a fortnight to contemplate and Casey have a bye as well.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1