Who is Gone

tooly

who are you gonna bring in? almost everyone who should come in is injured...

and we played with heart and endeavour today, and last week. ctting guys for trying hard isnt going to win games for us or help build the team...

Ward and Brown are first to go.

I know they both had reasonable games today, but we are going nowhere if those two, as well as Holland and Godders are all in the side.

Holland was there to cover for Rivers. Hopefully Frawley is ready to debut soon, eliminating the horror show that is Holland going for a chase *shudder*

Godfrey is there to do a job, and so far, he is doing it well. He is also the youngest of the 4, so he has quite a bit of life in him yet. His fitness and aerobic capacity are invaluable at the moment.

If Petterd is ok for next week, we must dump one of Ward or Brown for him. It will be a good experience, although not a pleasant one, for him to play against the Eagles.

I'd play Frawley ahead of Warnock too if he's ready, although I like Warnock's pace and desire to carry the ball a bit. At least the endeavor is there.

Come the end of the season though, one big name will have to go. Not sure who yet, but we'll need to do something drastic to get this side delivering.

Disclaimer: I actually enjoy Ben Holland down back, because he is a smart player, but watching him run is painful.

you know jaded, i also like warnocks agility. not many players his size can turn that quickly and in such a small circle...

As I said, he has good pace and he is not too bad below the knees.

He gets completely lost in the contest though, but so did Daniel Bell once upon a time. I'm happy to stick with him and see what he can do. Certainly he should play if Rivers if not right next week.

sorry also meant to say that ward, wheatley, holland and brown would have their careers on the line especially if we get a new coach, i believe ward and holland will go

i know a few others that aren't as obvious.....

0-7, play people who have a go!

brown, ward, godfrey, they have a dip!

they go in! if it wasn't for the change in attitude of the club we'd be 0-7 with no respect. i am proud of the boys today because they had a dip. walk them over hot coals at training and select them at that. godfrey brown ward would be some of the first to bleed for this jumper.

missed tackles killed us today, allowed them to free up and run the lines which they love so much.

Who is brave enough to make a list "Of 10 players that will not be there in two years time"

i would trade Bruce while he has some value left...

(sits and waits to be howled down)

Guest baysidedave
Nathan Brown, Daniel Ward and Brad Miller.

agree, bring in the blokes who haven't played a game starting with Frawley and Newton

don't want to, don';t know if 10 players will be gone, but hey, have a dip son;

bizzell

wheatley

neitz (though i want him forever)

bruce for judd

but nah, hope they all stay, love them all.

Who is brave enough to make a list "Of 10 players that will not be there in two years time"

Holland

Ward

Brown

Bizzell

Wheatley

Ferguson

Neita (will retire next year)

Junior (ditto)

Yze

Jamar

CJ (not unless he is given some game time)

Whitey will be touch and go

And one of Bruce or Travis Johnstone. It won't be pretty, but someone needs to have the balls to do something drastic and either land us a huge name, or a brilliant draft selection.

So that's 13 for you, and there are probably more.

I just can't see the point in having a guy like Brad Miller being a key target up foward, if he can't kick goals.

He has had a chance to really deliver without Robbo and Neitz, but i don't think he has done enough.

We would get more value with Bate, Dunn and Sylvia roaming across the half/foward, foward line.

Hollad

Ward

Bizz

Brown

Wheater

are the obvious ones

plus

Ooze (even though he has down well since coming back, but in 2 years thats it)

Bruce

ferg

Junior

Neita

last two most likely cos of age...

JUNIOR!??!?!?!

if he gets out of our club its retirement or in a box. unbelieveable player. he'll go forever, love him. such commitment. but it is sad that straight away we can say 10 players to go

These guys look like the likely delistings or trades this season

Miller hasn't really done anything and i think he will come under scutiny with some of other young fowards finding their feet. He doesn't have a presense and only appears when the game is lost. It's harsh, but we all have our opinions. He will probably be used as trade bait and hopefully we can suck in a second round draft pick for him.

Bizzel looks like a definite delisting, the game seems to have passed him and the coaching staff have lost faith in him

Wheatley Looks like he may be a goner, he doesn't have enough hardness in his game and with our list shaping the way it is

Ferguson most people's views on him is that he is only up to vfl standard and will never for some reason get muscle into his game, but he still might remain as depth

Brown and Ward both quite similar, and next year will probably become depth, hopefully our youngsters like CJ and ricky can take their places. At the moment i think ward will be kept on our list, his dash is important in todays game and he will want to retain his spot with his financial situations.

Holland is getting old, but we still need a big body for the gorilla fowards

Jamar rucking is no good, and all round skills aren't there, he looks like a certain delisting

Godfrey with his good form at the moment it is hard to put him on the list, but we know what is worst can be

We have a group of players who are too good for VFL level but just aren't premiership quality, unfortunately they represent alot of our depth. The players that we need to make some hard decisions on are:

D.Ward - Honest goer but poor disposal often results in turn overs

N.Brown - Love the bloke, but I just think the game has gone past him.

C.Bizzell - Can't see him resurrecting his career now.

B.Pickett - He needs to improve his fitness, saw the rumour about him on Demonology, not sure if true or not.

R.Ferguson - He looks like he should make a good defender but for some reason he doesn't deliver

Warnock - Keep playing him this year so we can see what he's capable of, although other delistings will probably save him.

B.Holland - Jaded said it all

P.Wheatley - Been in the sytem for along time without ever really consolidating his spot.

M.Jamar - Looked the goods but hasn't come on as expected, I can see Neaves overtake him very quickly.

H.Neville - If he's still playign for Sandy's 2nd's at the end of the year he is gone.

Let's face it, we are not going to play finals this year, and finishing 9th or 10th with around 10 or 11 wins would be the absolute worst thing that could happen. We're better off either giving some of the young blokes more exposure to AFL footy or finding out once and for all if some of our borderline players are up to it, eg Ferguson and Warnock.

We're obviously still hamstrung by injuries so that will affect us with who we can play but if the rumour is true about Pickett then I'd promote Neaves straight away and give him half a season to see what he's capable of. Newtonand Buckley are two more that I'd liek to have a look at fairly soon.