Jump to content

Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


2024 AFL National Draft prospects: The next batch


Whispering_Jack

Recommended Posts

On 26/11/2023 at 07:04, Chelly said:

My early top 10 for next year

1. Finn O'Sullivan - 181cm Vic Country 
2. Levi Ashcroft - 179cm Vic Metro (Lions F/S)
3. Sid Draper - 180cm South Australia 
4. Josh Smillie - 194cm Vic Metro 
5. Leonardo Lombard - 178cm Allies (Suns Academy) 
6. Tyler Welsh - 191 cm South Australia  (Crows F/S)
7. Jagga Smith - 181cm Vic Metro 
8. Christian Moraes - 182cm Vic Metro 
9. Tom Gross - 182cm Vic Metro 
10. Ben Camporeale - 184cm South Australia  (Carlton F/S)

This suggests that we should be looking forward to more bidding for academy and father/sons but not to the scale extent that we saw in last week’s draft.

Throw Sam Marshall from Lions Academy into the mix. Hes probably about ranking 12-14 right now. Another draft with academy and father son impact through the first round.  😭

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/11/2023 at 08:04, Chelly said:

My early top 10 for next year

1. Finn O'Sullivan - 181cm Vic Country 
2. Levi Ashcroft - 179cm Vic Metro (Lions F/S)
3. Sid Draper - 180cm South Australia 
4. Josh Smillie - 194cm Vic Metro 
5. Leonardo Lombard - 178cm Allies (Suns Academy) 
6. Tyler Welsh - 191 cm South Australia  (Crows F/S)
7. Jagga Smith - 181cm Vic Metro 
8. Christian Moraes - 182cm Vic Metro 
9. Tom Gross - 182cm Vic Metro 
10. Ben Camporeale - 184cm South Australia  (Carlton F/S)

This suggests that we should be looking forward to more bidding for academy and father/sons but not to the scale extent that we saw in last week’s draft.

Really like the look of Tom Gross. Some have compared him to Rory Sloane.

Jessie Dattoli is another that's worth keeping an eye on from Northern Knights as well Stingrays pair Harvey Langford and Cooper Hynes. Josh Murphy from the Bushies showed a bit in the brief time I've seen him play.

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely @Nascent  Tom Gross was a standout even as an under ager player in 2023.  Huge talent. Pace. Decision making.  Skills. Top 10 likely. I agree he could be around 9-10 pick at this stage.  Dees would already have him on the list to closely watch in 2024.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Absolutely @Nascent  Tom Gross was a standout even as an under ager player in 2023.  Huge talent. Pace. Decision making.  Skills. Top 10 likely. I agree he could be around 9-10 pick at this stage.  Dees would already have him on the list to closely watch in 2024.  

Kicking looked really ordinary - so i guess he'd fit right on in at the Dees.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Neil Crompton another elite available mid for next year is Zac Johnson from the Knights.  He is probably rated just outside the top 10 right now. I rate him as highly as Smith and Ashcroft but has been under the radar.  Expect that will change in next years championships. If you watched the futures game on GF day, he showed his power running and skill level.  Whilst it’s another compromised year of father sons and academy picks, there is again lots of excellent talent likely throughout the first round.  

Edited by spirit of norm smith
X
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/11/2023 at 18:00, spirit of norm smith said:

26 in the academy. 5 of them are under team academy. Then 3 father sons.  That leaves 18/26 as “available”.  Harvey Langford was very good this year for Stingrays.   Strong taller mid with good left foot disposal.  Not overawed in the contest even as an underager this year.  

Harvey Langford is training with the Dees this pre season.  

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 19/11/2023 at 19:00, spirit of norm smith said:

26 in the academy. 5 of them are under team academy. Then 3 father sons.  That leaves 18/26 as “available”.  Harvey Langford was very good this year for Stingrays.   Strong taller mid with good left foot disposal.  Not overawed in the contest even as an underager this year.  

Is training with us currently- Langford

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/11/2023 at 19:07, Nascent said:

Really like the look of Tom Gross. Some have compared him to Rory Sloane.

Jessie Dattoli is another that's worth keeping an eye on from Northern Knights as well Stingrays pair Harvey Langford and Cooper Hynes. Josh Murphy from the Bushies showed a bit in the brief time I've seen him play.

i've known jesse since he was about 12 years old, he's a weapon, seriously profesisonal and will get absolutely everything out of himself, as good as a trainer as there is out there and excellent on both sides of his body

  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It’s interesting what gets counted as a highlight 

Simple lead and chest mark then kicks to a pack

Is link in a chain of handballs 

some centre clearance gathers from superior ruck work 

but I agree he shows great inside mid pressure and ability to extract 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1059777/eye-on-the-future-10-draft-prospects-to-watch-in-2024
 

predicted top 10, with 9 midfielders 

Ashcroft and Welsh go as father son picks to lions and crows respectively 

just outside top 10 are …

Camporeale twins also to the blues 

Sam Marshall is another very high academy pick as a huge bonus gift for Lions 😡

Archer Day-Wicks is a very classy left sided mid and one to watch across this year 

Zac Johnson and Harvey Langford are highly likely top 10 types that I think would be ideal for the Dees , and again both young guns are midfielders 

Jonty Faull is probably the only key forward type available around the mid to late first round. Will be highly sought after  

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

  • 1 month later...

Sounds like he might be a fair way away from contention at the moment but there’s another Brayshaw on the horizon - Freddie who has made the Sandringham Dragons list. This is an appraisal from Code Sports:-

63 Freddie Brayshaw

The cousin of Angus and Andy Brayshaw and the son of James Brayshaw. A high-level cricketer and footballer at Haileybury College, he's a hard-running wingman for the Dragons, with a view to training as a midfielder later on.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/12/2023 at 12:11, Neil Crompton said:

Kicking looked really ordinary - so i guess he'd fit right on in at the Dees.

Agreed re kicking.  Not good

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SID 

On 07/02/2024 at 08:18, Whispering_Jack said:

The AFL Draft Central folk have been busy producing some excellent profiles on some of the leading draft prospects for 2024:-

Levi Ashcroft

Sid Draper

Finn O’Sullivan

Josh Smillie

Jagga Smith

 

SID 👌🏻👍🏼

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 07/02/2024 at 08:18, Whispering_Jack said:

The AFL Draft Central folk have been busy producing some excellent profiles on some of the leading draft prospects for 2024:-

Levi Ashcroft

Sid Draper

Finn O’Sullivan

Josh Smillie

Jagga Smith

 

The top 10 are looking great WJ  but we are unlikely to get a look in, probably more likely picks 15 upward unless we crash and burn. What are the KPF/KPD prospects like in ‘24 do they go deep?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2024 Coates Talent League Boys Testing Day Results

The article reveals the top 10 results recorded by players from Victorian-based clubs at the 2024 Coates Talent Boys Testing Day.

20m Sprint

Archie Taylor (GWV Rebels/Cobden) 2.796 sec
Julian Callahan (Gippsland Power/Leongatha) 2.863
Kade Dwyer (Murray Bushrangers/Shepparton Swans) 2.872
Jack Gerardi (Western Jets/West Footscray) 2.874
Thomas Legudi (Calder Cannons/Aberfeldie) 2.878
Blake Leidler (Oakleigh Chargers/Surrey Park) 2.879
Taj Hotton (Sandringham Dragons/Hampton Rovers) 2.882
JayDe Varlet (Dandenong Stingrays/Beaconsfield) 2.884
Cody Anderson (Eastern Ranges/Healesville) 2.885
Ben Seers (Sandringham Dragons/Beaumaris) 2.886

Standing Vertical Jump

Harley Hicks (GWV Rebels/Lake Wendouree) 83cm
Gabriel Stumpf (Northern Knights/Warrandyte) 79
James Allison (Northern Knights/Montmorency) 77
Daniel Snell (Western Jets/Yarraville Seddon Eagles) 77
Luke Trainor (Sandringham Dragons/Old Brighton) 77
Floyd Burmeister (GWV Rebels/Redan) 76
Brady Hall (Geelong Falcons/Colac) 75
Ryan Muir (Eastern Ranges/Wantirna South) 75
Nash Ramage (Bendigo Pioneers/Echuca United) 75
Jack Whitlock (Murray Bushrangers/Shepparton) 75

Running Vertical Jump (Right)

Floyd Burmeister (GWV Rebels/Redan) 95cm
Nash Ramage (Bendigo Pioneers/Echuca United) 95
Coen Ainsworth (Murray Bushrangers/Wodonga) 90
Finn O’Sullivan (Oakleigh Chargers/Koroit) 90
Gabriel Stumpf (Northern Knights/Warrandyte) 90
Archie Taylor (GWV Rebels/Cobden) 90
Ollie Hannaford (GWV Rebels/Sandhurst) 89
Harry Armstrong (Sandringham Dragons/Ormond) 87
Ned Renfree (GWV Rebels/East Point) 87
Taj Hotton (Sandringham Dragons/Hampton Rovers) 86

Running Vertical Jump (Left)

Daniel Snell (Western Jets/Yarraville Seddon Eagles) 102
Ben Rongdit (Geelong Falcons/Colac) 98
Archie Taylor (GWV Rebels/Cobden) 96
Matt Whitlock (Murray Bushrangers/Shepparton) 96
James Allison (Northern Knights/Montmorency) 95
Ned Renfree (GWV Rebels/East Point) 95
Taj Hotton (Sandringham Dragons/Hampton Rovers) 93
Ryan Muir (Eastern Ranges/Wantirna South) 93
Thomas Sims (Northern Knights/Montmorency) 93
Jack Whitlock (Murray Bushrangers/Shepparton) 93

Yo-Yo

Jett McLaughlan (Northern Knights/Diamond Creek) Level 22.4
Archie Caldow (GWV Rebels/East Point) 22.2
Josh Dolan (Sandringham Dragons/Beaumaris) 22.1
Jeremy Newsome (Eastern Ranges/Healesville) 22.1
Harry Albon (Calder Cannons/Craigieburn) 21.8
Nedd Bennett (GWV Rebels/East Point) 21.8
Ryan Commandeur (Northern Knights/St Mary’s) 21.8
Liam Farrar (Northern Knights/Diamond Creek) 21.8
Patrick Said (Calder Cannons/Sunbury) 21.8
Zach Travers (Sandringham Dragons/Old Brighton) 21.8

AFL Agility

Douglas Kerr (Oakleigh Chargers/Ashburton) 7.724 sec
Oskar Taylor (Eastern Ranges/Upwey Tecoma) 7.764
Lachy Dovaston (Eastern Ranges/Blackburn) 7.777
Sebastian Murphy (Northern Knights/Montmorency) 7.787
Ollie Hannaford (GWV Rebels/Sandhurst) 7.788
Taj Hotton (Sandringham Dragons/Hampton Rovers) 7.807
Sam McDonald (GWV Rebels/Ballarat) 7.858
Jake Woodward (Northern Knights/Montmorency) 7.866
Nedd Bennett (GWV Rebels/East Point) 7.876
Thomas Sims (Northern Knights/Montmorency) 7.909

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DeeZone said:

The top 10 are looking great WJ  but we are unlikely to get a look in, probably more likely picks 15 upward unless we crash and burn. What are the KPF/KPD prospects like in ‘24 do they go deep?

Too early to say at this stage. We need to wait for the start of the Coates Boys League in Victoria and the various State League senior and under age competitions elsewhere.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Davo-27's 2024 Top 30 Rankings, Pre-season

1. Finn O'Sullivan - Oakleigh (VC) - 181cm - high marking, midfielder, with good centre clearances and general quality disposal of footy, i still think he is likely number 1 pick going into the season
2. Levi Ashcroft - Sandringham (Bris FS) - 179cm - quality small forw, who can also play as an accumulator midfielder, gathering over 30 disposals, good kick at goal, disposal and movement isnt as smooth as Brother Will, but has great flexibility of position
3. Leonardo Lombard - GCS A - 178cm - great movement and use of footy, moves around the ground well, looks elite at VFL level
4. Jagga Smith - Oakleigh - 181cm - accumulator mid with good accuracy at goal, can grass a few kicks, but works hard all over the ground to gather the ball and provide run
5. Sid Draper - Sth Adel - 180cm - another accumulator mid with amazing work rate, can kick the ball a bit flat and i would like to see more of him, but every time i've seen him i have rated him highly
6. Josh Smillie - Eastern - 194cm - he was the best player for VM at u16s as a mid and hbf, lacks a little speed, but just wins contests and is a good user of the footy, his height also gives him flexibility of roles
7. Jobe Shanahan - Bendigo (NSW) - 192cm - vice like hands like Stewie Loewe, contested mark specialist, good in the contest, his hands are so good that i think he will have no trouble at the next level playing KPF
8. Harry O'Farrell - Calder - 196cm - strong KPD player who has taken a big step last year and could be the best KPD option in this years draft
9. Jonty Faull - GWV - 194cm - made a big impression late last year also coming from nowhere to stake a claim as 1 of the best KPF options
10. Tyler Welsh - WWT (Adel FS)- 191cm - showed his worth dominating for SA as a mobile FF who really gave SA some punch up forward, his height is a concern as he doesnt have the vice like grip that Jobe has, but his athleticism is very good and could make up for it? if he doesnt grow could be a valuable 3rd forward which lowers his value a little, but still a high end talent
11. Tobie Travaglia - Bendigo - 187cm - i have seen a lot of him play in defence and he is just a competitive and skillful player, moves so smoothly for a tallish player and gives his all
12. Christian Moraes - Eastern - 182cm - has had an amazing 2023 and i hear he is on track to have a great 2024 season
13. Phoenix Hargrave - Sth Adel - 182cm - had a huge u16s year, won sanfl u18s mvp last year, smooth moving midfielder
14. Nathaniel Sulzberger - Sandringham/Tas - 184cm - strong inside mid who can play on the outside, can win his own ball and deliver it well, another Tassie player like Sanders playing for Sandy and he looks great, going a bit early, but he has great potential
15. Patrick Retschko - Oakleigh - 186cm - hbf who is moving into the midfield this season, beautiful kick and movement
16. Nash King - Calder - 181cm - love his toughness on the inside and run, but his kicking has dropped him down the rankings a little
17. Zak Johnson - Northern - 185cm - beautiful kicking midfielder, impressed at u16s with his kicking at goal and in general and also had a good year last year, so im expecting more of the same.
18. Joe Harrison - Syd A 179cm - small sample, but he was amazing in a state game, will have to see more
19. Xavier Lindsay - Gippsland - 182cm - he has always been very good in every team he plays, i really like his character too, he seems to be very confident and capable
20. Ben Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 184cm - playing more midfield he has surpassed his brother in form
21. Lucas Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 182cm - was fantastic at the u16s champs and has great potential
22. Murphy Reid - Sandringham - 181cm - he was huge for Sandy in the pre-season, in bursts he is super clean and skillful
23. Kayle Gerryn - West Perth - 198cm - ruck/kpf from WA, very talented tall player, had a huge growth spurt so plays with the skills of a small
24. Benny Barrett - Sth Adel (Port NGA) - 174cm - similar player to Ky Pickett, a strong player from the dominant SA team in the u16s
25. Tom Gross - Oakleigh - 180cm - tough midfielder, was not at his best this preseason
26. Otis Harvey - Swan Dist - 182cm - good midfielder from WA, he has a big job to carry a weak WA team this year
27. Ricky Mentha - Gippsland/NT - 179cm - hff who is strong and a good kick, clever player who wins 1 on 1s
28. Luke Trainor - Sandringham - 193cm - he looks in great form in preseason, already looks ready for AFL, rising up my rankings, very good KPD potential
29. Sam Lalor - GWV - 187cm - strong midfielder for VC, lacks a little pace, but he has his fans
30. Isaac Kako - Calder (Ess NGA) - 175cm - quick goal kicking small forward, excitement machine

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Demonland said:

Davo-27's 2024 Top 30 Rankings, Pre-season

1. Finn O'Sullivan - Oakleigh (VC) - 181cm - high marking, midfielder, with good centre clearances and general quality disposal of footy, i still think he is likely number 1 pick going into the season
2. Levi Ashcroft - Sandringham (Bris FS) - 179cm - quality small forw, who can also play as an accumulator midfielder, gathering over 30 disposals, good kick at goal, disposal and movement isnt as smooth as Brother Will, but has great flexibility of position
3. Leonardo Lombard - GCS A - 178cm - great movement and use of footy, moves around the ground well, looks elite at VFL level
4. Jagga Smith - Oakleigh - 181cm - accumulator mid with good accuracy at goal, can grass a few kicks, but works hard all over the ground to gather the ball and provide run
5. Sid Draper - Sth Adel - 180cm - another accumulator mid with amazing work rate, can kick the ball a bit flat and i would like to see more of him, but every time i've seen him i have rated him highly
6. Josh Smillie - Eastern - 194cm - he was the best player for VM at u16s as a mid and hbf, lacks a little speed, but just wins contests and is a good user of the footy, his height also gives him flexibility of roles
7. Jobe Shanahan - Bendigo (NSW) - 192cm - vice like hands like Stewie Loewe, contested mark specialist, good in the contest, his hands are so good that i think he will have no trouble at the next level playing KPF
8. Harry O'Farrell - Calder - 196cm - strong KPD player who has taken a big step last year and could be the best KPD option in this years draft
9. Jonty Faull - GWV - 194cm - made a big impression late last year also coming from nowhere to stake a claim as 1 of the best KPF options
10. Tyler Welsh - WWT (Adel FS)- 191cm - showed his worth dominating for SA as a mobile FF who really gave SA some punch up forward, his height is a concern as he doesnt have the vice like grip that Jobe has, but his athleticism is very good and could make up for it? if he doesnt grow could be a valuable 3rd forward which lowers his value a little, but still a high end talent
11. Tobie Travaglia - Bendigo - 187cm - i have seen a lot of him play in defence and he is just a competitive and skillful player, moves so smoothly for a tallish player and gives his all
12. Christian Moraes - Eastern - 182cm - has had an amazing 2023 and i hear he is on track to have a great 2024 season
13. Phoenix Hargrave - Sth Adel - 182cm - had a huge u16s year, won sanfl u18s mvp last year, smooth moving midfielder
14. Nathaniel Sulzberger - Sandringham/Tas - 184cm - strong inside mid who can play on the outside, can win his own ball and deliver it well, another Tassie player like Sanders playing for Sandy and he looks great, going a bit early, but he has great potential
15. Patrick Retschko - Oakleigh - 186cm - hbf who is moving into the midfield this season, beautiful kick and movement
16. Nash King - Calder - 181cm - love his toughness on the inside and run, but his kicking has dropped him down the rankings a little
17. Zak Johnson - Northern - 185cm - beautiful kicking midfielder, impressed at u16s with his kicking at goal and in general and also had a good year last year, so im expecting more of the same.
18. Joe Harrison - Syd A 179cm - small sample, but he was amazing in a state game, will have to see more
19. Xavier Lindsay - Gippsland - 182cm - he has always been very good in every team he plays, i really like his character too, he seems to be very confident and capable
20. Ben Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 184cm - playing more midfield he has surpassed his brother in form
21. Lucas Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 182cm - was fantastic at the u16s champs and has great potential
22. Murphy Reid - Sandringham - 181cm - he was huge for Sandy in the pre-season, in bursts he is super clean and skillful
23. Kayle Gerryn - West Perth - 198cm - ruck/kpf from WA, very talented tall player, had a huge growth spurt so plays with the skills of a small
24. Benny Barrett - Sth Adel (Port NGA) - 174cm - similar player to Ky Pickett, a strong player from the dominant SA team in the u16s
25. Tom Gross - Oakleigh - 180cm - tough midfielder, was not at his best this preseason
26. Otis Harvey - Swan Dist - 182cm - good midfielder from WA, he has a big job to carry a weak WA team this year
27. Ricky Mentha - Gippsland/NT - 179cm - hff who is strong and a good kick, clever player who wins 1 on 1s
28. Luke Trainor - Sandringham - 193cm - he looks in great form in preseason, already looks ready for AFL, rising up my rankings, very good KPD potential
29. Sam Lalor - GWV - 187cm - strong midfielder for VC, lacks a little pace, but he has his fans
30. Isaac Kako - Calder (Ess NGA) - 175cm - quick goal kicking small forward, excitement machine

We'll miss out on Ricky Mentha (Melb NGA) if this list is the actual order of players picked. Mentha needs to fall outside the top 40 for us to grab him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Demonland said:


24. Benny Barrett - Sth Adel (Port NGA) - 174cm - similar player to Ky Pickett, a strong player from the dominant SA team in the u16s

A 2nd Kozzie running around in our team? yes please!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    ICEBREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter. The game played in mild Autumn conditions in neutral territory at Kinetic Park, Frankston, never reached great heights in standard but it proved gripping in character at the end at the Casey Demons overcame the Borough to win by 15 points after trailing badly early in the second half.  P

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out. Melbourne managed the first goal from Alex Neal-Bullen but after that the visitors shut out every area of Demon presence around the ground except in the ruck duels. It was a mauling.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 4

    PREGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 177

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 15th April @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Lions in the Round 05. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIV

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 50

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 40

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 505

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 833

    TRAINING: Wednesday 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training. KEV MARTIN'S CAPTAIN'S RUN OBSERVATIONS No-one in rehab this morning, a Captain's run, 26 players. Laurie, Tomlinson, Tholstrup, Chandler, Woey, and Kossie are out there. Rehabbers are out now. Marty, McAdam, Melky, Bowey, Sestan. As a guess for in and outs, I would say, out Laurie, Tomlinson, and W

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    DEMONLAND: Good evening, Demon fans and welcome to the Demonland 2024 Grand Final Podcast … It’s been a beautiful last day of September and how sweet it is to bring you our coverage of all things that matter about the great Demon resurgence which we’ve seen over the past six or seven months. How our team overcame a turbulent off season and a disappointing start to 2024 on a humid night in Sydney, turned our detractors into believers and then ended the year triumphant in the finals with our capta

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast Stream 


    Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  



  • 2021 Premiership  

  • Social Media 

  • Non MFC Games  

    NON-MFC: Round 06

    Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 06 ... READ MORE

    Demonland | Round 06

  • Latest Podcast      

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The boys dissected the disappointing loss to Brisbane rueing our poor work at the stoppages, debated the role that fatigue played and lamenting the loss of Christian Salem ... LISTEN

    Demonland | April 16

  • PreGame      

    PREGAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 16

  • Casey Report      

    ICE BREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 14

  • Match Report      

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 12

  • Post Game      

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Votes      

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Game Day      

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & the Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Training  

    Wednesday, 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 10

  • Match Preview      

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Good evening, Demon fans and welcome to the Demonland 2024 Grand Final Podcast … It’s been a beautiful last day of September and how sweet it is to bring you our coverage of all things that matter about the great Demon resurgence which we’ve seen over the past six or seven months ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 09

  • Training  

    Sunday, 7th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down in the rain to Gosch's Paddock for the Demon Family Series April School Holiday Open Training session ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 07

  • Training  

    Monday, 1st April 2024

    Our man on the spot Bendigo Demon traveled to Adelaide for our back to back games in the City of Churches and brings you his observations from the Demon's training session at Hisense Stadium ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 01

  • Training  

    Monday, 25th March 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Demon Dynasty & Kev Martin were trackside at Gosch's Paddock today to bring you their observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | March 25

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Koltyn Tholstrup Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club’s newest recruit Koltyn Tholstrup to have a chat about his journey from the farm to the Demons, his first few weeks of preseason training, which Dees have impressed him on the track and his aspirations of playing Round 1 ... LISTEN

    Demonland | December 14

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Jason Taylor Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club's National Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor to have a chat about our Trade and Draft period, our newest recruits, our recent recruits who have yet to debut as well as those father son prospects on the horizon ... LISTEN

    Demonland | November 27

  • Next Match 

    .

    Round 07

       vs   

    Wednesday 24th April 2024
    @ 07:25pm (MCG)

  • MFC Forum  

  • Match Previews & Reports  

  • Training Forum  

  • AFLW Forum  

  • 2024 Player Sponsorship

  • Topics

  • Injury List  


      PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
    Shane McAdam Hamstring 1-2 Weeks
    Marty Hore Thumb 1-2 Weeks
    Charlie Spargo Achilles 3 Weeks
    Christian Salem Hamstrong 3-4 Weeks
    Jake Bowey Shoulder 4-5 Weeks
    Jake Melksham ACL 9-11 Weeks
    Joel Smith Suspension TBA

  • Player of the Year  


        PLAYER VOTES
    1 Max Gawn 67
    2 Christian Petracca 55
    3 Steven May 35
    4 Jack Viney 28
    5 Alex Neal-Bullen 27
    6 Clayton Oliver 22
    7 Bayley Fritsch 19
    8 Trent Rivers 16
    9 Judd McVee 15
    10 Kade Chandler 14

        FULL TABLE
  • Demonland Interviews 



  • Upcoming Events 

×
×
  • Create New...