PREGAME: Rd 04 vs West Coast

Demonland

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

I get it, but there aren’t any obvious contenders to be dropped instead of him. 

Which is a great position for the team, puts pressure on players 12-23 to play well or you might get dropped!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Ok I know not everyones into betting odds but what is the shortest a team has started in a game, we are now $1.04 

I reckon Collingwood were shorter to beat us in 2010 (we were paying $15) and we would have won if Ricky Petterd held on to the mark in the goalsquare in the dying seconds.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

17 hours ago, old dee said:

I know we have a different team now however I don't ever remember the MFC winning by a " very large margin" hardtack.

2018 Round 9, MCG: Melbourne 25.9.159 defeated Carlton 7.8.50

Melbourne won by 109 points! I was there with my daughter - it was FANTASTIC!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Yokozuna said:

Pickett and TMac in.

Brown and Melksham Out.

Jordon unlucky and will be sub (also means Melksham is unlucky too).

Put your house on it! (Unless some of you have some different mail than me and Hibbo is injured)

Demons love how ANB, Spargo and Chandler are playing (despite some people on here doubting what they all respecvitely may bring) as a GROUP. And having all of them playing then allows kozzie to go in the midfield more regularly.

They are also very happy with the spread through the midfield with more going in there (sparrow, jordon, rivers, ANB etc.) as Trac, Carry and Viney were dead last year having played so much time on ball for the season.

Coaching staff showing a lot of sense and judgement this year.

From a personal point of view, i hope we do start to rotate players in the middle third of the season, if we have enough wins on the board.

Also very pleased to see players being played differently and having more than one setup and plan, such as petty forward last week.

I have faith we are right in the mix for a great year - as long as we get a good run with injuries

If this is the case and Jordon is the sub and Sparrow gets another free ride then I'm genuinely perplexed. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

If this is the case and Jordon is the sub and Sparrow gets another free ride then I'm genuinely perplexed. 

Transcendent running patterns I've heard though!!!!

Can't find or use the ball but minds a blade of grass like you wouldn't believe 

• Facepalm 2
  • Thinking 2

8 minutes ago, Lou C. Fur said:

2018 Round 9, MCG: Melbourne 25.9.159 defeated Carlton 7.8.50

Melbourne won by 109 points! I was there with my daughter - it was FANTASTIC!

Remember the 3 T-mac goals from direct Liam Jones mistakes?

• Like 3

I am not sure who should go out but James Jordon is not the one, he was fantastic last week and earnt another game rotate the Sub role between the 12-23 players.!!!

actually Jordon, Chandler and Judd McVee should be locks this week.!!!

Edited by DeeZone
Added JJ, KC & JM
  • Like 12
  • Clap 1

5 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

I am not sure who should go out but James Jordon is not the one, he was fantastic last week and earnt another game rotate the Sub role between the 12-23 players.!!!

The more games we get into all three of them the better.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

5 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

JJ would be unlucky as he played very well and it felt like he was much quicker with his ball use last week, but I also think he is a very handy sub!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Jordan's game was the best I've seen him play last week. Hope he stays in 22 but as you say, who becomes the sub? It is a reflection of just how strong this team is. It is a wonderful problem to have, one that most other teams would envy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I reckon Collingwood were shorter to beat us in 2010 (we were paying $15) and we would have won if Ricky Petterd held on to the mark in the goalsquare in the dying seconds.

Or if the blatantly obvious deliberate oob had been paid against heath shaw after Pettard dropped it and he handballed it over the boundary line. 

• Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

Or if the blatantly obvious deliberate oob had been paid against heath shaw after Pettard dropped it and he handballed it over the boundary line. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

46 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

I get it, but there aren’t any obvious contenders to be dropped instead of him. 

I think he deserves a full game ahead of Sparrow but I’m also aware that the club really loves and rates Sparrow highly. 
I just don’t want to keep losing talented young players because they aren’t being given fair opportunities when they’re clearly earning it. We lost Bedford. We almost lost Chandler and I reckon we will lose JJ if this continues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

6 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

You have a great memory for umpiring injustices against the Demons, but I’m trying to forget that decade for the Demons!

Now if you show the Crows deliberate OOB handball from 2021 that’s okay, because that was a great Demon year!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Our first after the siren win would have happened much earlier than 2021..

• Like 3

Hibbo doesnt seem to have lost any speed. I hope he plays again as a permanent fixture. I guess Petty stays up forward.  I prefer Bbb but I think Petty is good at locking the ball. Tmac may do more of the ruck allowing Jvr to have more energy and time to impact the scoreboard. I love Sparrow's hardness and strength but he should give way for Jordan's seemingly more polished with use of the ball. Chandler to remain after a blistering performance last week resulting in Kozzie in the middle. I'm wondering if those two can be swapped with Chandler being rotated through the midfield. Not sure. Since Goodys gone mad with changes lately, does anyone think Spargo could have the odd midfield cameo? 

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Hibbo doesnt seem to have lost any speed. I hope he plays again as a permanent fixture. I guess Petty stays up forward.  I prefer Bbb but I think Petty is good at locking the ball. Tmac may do more of the ruck allowing Jvr to have more energy and time to impact the scoreboard. I love Sparrow's hardness and strength but he should give way for Jordan's seemingly more polished with use of the ball. Chandler to remain after a blistering performance last week resulting in Kozzie in the middle. I'm wondering if those two can be swapped with Chandler being rotated through the midfield. Not sure. Since Goodys gone mad with changes lately, does anyone think Spargo could have the odd midfield cameo? 

Chandler had some great games for Casey in the middle last year. He can definitely play there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, layzie said:

Remember how they said they were doing Thursday teams? Has that been thrown in the trash again?

They released the teams last night??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, layzie said:

Remember how they said they were doing Thursday teams? Has that been thrown in the trash again?

The AFL has just gone back to how it was pre-Covid. Games played Friday and Saturday have the starting team announced on Thursday night. Sunday and Monday games submit their teams 48 hours before the game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

They released the teams last night??

Well in this case it's probably Wednesday night. 

One thing I've never been up to date with in the last 5 years is protocol of team announcement. 

• Like 2