The future

WERRIDEE

This is my prediction of next years team.

B: Lever, May, Bowey

HB: Salem, Petty, Rivers

C: Hunter, Brayshaw, Langdon

HF: Petracca, van Rooyen, Viney

F: Fritsch, B.Brown, Jefferson

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Pickett

IC: McVee, Sparrow, Grundy, Freo's first rounder

SUB: Moniz-Wakefield

I know I haven't got Neal-Bullen and Spargo in the team and they have been in the team forever but I can't hide my excitement for Jefferson and Moniz-Wakefield.

The Dockers first pick looks like it will be a top 5 or 10. He should get a game. So what type of player should we go with that pick?

We also have our first round pick, freo's second round pick, our second round pick and K.Brown from the fater son rule.

Hibberd and Melksham will retire and I think Harmes and Jordon will look elsewhere for more opportunity.

I think Tomlinson has another year on his contract firstly I thought he was a burden now I think he's handy backup. He could be looking elsewhere as well.

Dunstan will be delisted.

Reserves

B: Adams, Tomlinson, D.Smith

HB: K.Turner, D.Turner, Draft pick

C: Howes, Laurie, Draft Pick

HF: Neal-Bullen, McDonald, Spargo

F: Chandler, Schache, Sestan

FOLL: Verrall, K.Brown, Woewodin

IC: Farris-White, J.Smith, Draft Pick, Draft pick.

• Like 3

11:30pm in Melbourne and you’re doing this [censored]. 

Bro…… 🤔🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Clap 2

Just now, adonski said:

Good to see Pickett has re-signed in your side

He better we definitely missed him against Brisbane he's one of our best players. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

PoorvJimmy Jordan didn’t make the seconds!

I think he will be at another club next year, unfortunately.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

The Dockers first pick looks like it will be a top 5 or 10. He should get a game. So what type of player should we go with that pick?

I think the success of Sheezel and Daicos suggests we should just draft a hard working and skillfull pure footballer high iq mid and play them off the half back line straight away. 

Either that or we trade both firsts and potentially next years for the best kid in the draft, and they're pretty much ready to alternate with Viney in the middle and replace him in the future. Would Hawthorn or another bottom club want a 2 or 3 pick package given their aspirations to build a deep list of first round picks immediately?

I'm guessing the FD will want to draft a KPD with one of those first rounders though. 

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, layzie said:

Who do we get?

I was hoping someone with their finger on the pulse regarding the draft would give us a few names on who we could pick up with our 4 picks. Someone like Deespencer maybe? Hopefully, we finish higher than 8th, and hopefully, Freo finish lower than 13th. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, John Demonic said:

I think the success of Sheezel and Daicos suggests we should just draft a hard working and skillfull pure footballer high iq mid and play them off the half back line straight away. 

Either that or we trade both firsts and potentially next years for the best kid in the draft, and they're pretty much ready to alternate with Viney in the middle and replace him in the future. Would Hawthorn or another bottom club want a 2 or 3 pick package given their aspirations to build a deep list of first round picks immediately?

I'm guessing the FD will want to draft a KPD with one of those first rounders though. 

A KPD is a must given its approaching 11 o'clock on May's career. Cant see him playing more than 2-3 years with his history of soft-tissue. 

I think one of Sparrow/Taj takes Viney's role when he leaves and we have a few more years before we need to stress about life after Oliver/Trac. Kynan will probably get an opportunity at HF early in his career but provides another option as insider midfield in 4-5 years time. 

Our two KPF are untried, but we are covered for now. White's boy will come in when Gawndy retires in 5-6 years time.

Ultimately we have a good list that are currently in the window. We will taper off in 5-6 years but should avoid a major re-build if we are able to restock this year with 2 quality players. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We're in a little purple patch where focusing on the now is a lot more enjoyable over predicting the future.  A hell of a lot can change within 24 months and the game will evolve again so who knows that the team will look like.

It is nice however reviewing some peoples teams and seeing the quality and premiership talent on display.

It wasn't long ago that everyone's future teams would have listed P1 starting rover and P5 on a flank with P18 on the bench.  Ah.... the glory days of 2007+

• Like 2

I think we need a xfactor half forward/ pocket/midfielder to cover kossie when he plays more midfield. 

And this draft has plenty of them

nate caddy

ashton Moir 

Harley reid

nick watson

Zane dursma 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

A KPD is a must given its approaching 11 o'clock on May's career. Cant see him playing more than 2-3 years with his history of soft-tissue. 

I think one of Sparrow/Taj takes Viney's role when he leaves and we have a few more years before we need to stress about life after Oliver/Trac. Kynan will probably get an opportunity at HF early in his career but provides another option as insider midfield in 4-5 years time. 

Our two KPF are untried, but we are covered for now. White's boy will come in when Gawndy retires in 5-6 years time.

Ultimately we have a good list that are currently in the window. We will taper off in 5-6 years but should avoid a major re-build if we are able to restock this year with 2 quality players. 

I'm a bad rap for Disco think he has a bright future. Wonder if they will start Kynan off half back like his old man. I think that's where we have the least depth but as JD said we can play our top picks off half back.

• Like 1

Some names to consider with our first 4 draft picks

• Like 1

Two  other thinkers on the future:

"The future is an unknown, but a somewhat predictable unknown. To look to the future we must first look back upon the past. That is where the seeds of the future were planted. I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."

Albert Einstein  

or

"The future ain't what it used to be"

Yogi Berra

Edited by monoccular

27 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Two  other thinkers on the future:

"The future is an unknown, but a somewhat predictable unknown. To look to the future we must first look back upon the past. That is where the seeds of the future were planted. I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."

Albert Einstein  

or

"The future ain't what it used to be"

Yogi Berra

Between Jack Dyer and Yogi Berra, you have everything you need to run a press conference I recon @monoccular

Q. How do you rate Trackta's game today Goodie (after five goals and 38 touches)

A. Trackta? He's okay - good ordinary footballer (Dyer)

Q. What about all the fumbling and poor entries into the forward line

A. It’s like déjà vu all over again (Berra)

Q. James Harmes seemed to struggle a bit today Goodie

A. Yeah, he keeps gett'in where the ball aint (Dyer)

Q. And do you have any message for Chris Fagan after he got stuck into the AFL about the lighting problem on Satdee?

A. You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you. (Berra)

• Haha 1